Old 06-29-2004, 07:15 PM   #166  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I heard YOU'VE GOT MAIL and I thought let me look! I went to read yours post but opened Ralph Marston by mistake! Look what it was! Is this an omen?!?!
I think today IS my someday!

Someday, you keep telling yourself, you'll truly start to
live. Someday you will take the very best of your possibilities
and make them real.

Someday you'll escape from the meaningless distractions that
only waste your moments. Someday you'll focus all your time
and energy on what is really important.

Someday your longing to move vigorously forward will overcome
the fears and insecurities that have caused you to hesitate.
Someday you'll realize that you've always had the courage and
the confidence to fully live, and wonder why you didn't start
sooner.

Someday you'll laugh at the petty angers, frustrations,
worries and annoyances that keep you from being all you can
be. Someday you'll learn to let go and live.

Someday you'll decide that your life cannot wait any longer.
Someday, you'll realize that living with richness and
fulfillment is infinitely better than making endless
excuses.

Someday you'll see that someday is here, that there's no
reason to wait any longer. And there's every reason, here
and now, to be fully alive.

Ralph Marston

Shad have a great day and think positive thoughts!!! Whatever you do, don't tell the man what a dolt he is in case he is one! Paste on that lovely smile I have seen in pictures and behave! Good luck and hope you get warm!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 01:30 AM   #167  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Great Ralphie post Mel --- thanks for sharing with us. Sometimes inspiration comes in the most unlikely places and just when you need it...

A huge Good 'on yah to Miss Shad on achieving some great results for the month of June. I know you were fairly frustrated earlier this week. Hopefully this will put a smile on your face and a spring in your step. You certainly worked very hard for the results. Does this mean Jason will live to see another week, but as to whether you take his advice I hope this is a start to things looking in a more favorable light all around - job and all.

Linus I hope that you have decided that you have accomplished enough for one day and that we don't find you laying on the floor, painted over and becoming an ergonomic PC stand for the family Take a rest and a soak and tend to your husband like a good wife that you are Sorry, not making fun of you, but I can imagine you are doing quite a bit of the eyes rolling in the head about now. Pain... let me tell you about pain...

Nae, birthday is done with for the year. Hope it was a lovely and memorable one for you.

Good wishes Teel who is hopefully safely asleep in her room in Austria by now.

Tomorrow the new company takes over and rumor has it that the first of the layoffs will begin. I sit on pins and needles. Also it is day 70 of my non smoking life and I tell you I am hanging on to my quit by a mere thread. I just can't get the idea of smoking out of my head. Seems I see it all around, the neighbor and his dad are smoking next door, I see it on the TV, and it's crawling in my head like a nasty devil that it is. Send me some good karma or prayers or magic resistance dust - whatever you believe in for I am a weak souled individual. DH says he doesn't understand how someone who claims they are as stubborn as me cannot just be well... stubborn about this. But it's stubborn about wrecking a good thing, not stubborn about insisting on leading a virtuous life. I am also struggling with the food stuffs which is possibly why I'm thinking about the cigarettes also. I don't want to eat, I don't want to smoke. Good thing is that at least I got all my water and some extra in today. Celebrate the little victories.

Now off to bed for me...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 07:22 AM   #168  

Default Hi Friends

Well. I guess I am on the top of the hill now looking for the easy coast to the other side of life...... hurrah! I heard some funny theories about it all over the week but attitude is the key and a good sense of humor shall prevail! You guys are the best support around and really help to cheer a girl up!!!!thanks for all your best wishes.
Happy you are doing so well with the smoking jig and I am sending you so good vibes to keep you on the path. It is sucha difficult path to keep on...tell us what the site you go to about not smoking says at this point and time about how many cigs you would have inhaled at this time and all of that I found that very inspiring.
Shad you are doing so awesome on your challenge and should be very proud. You always try to remain so steadfast in your journey and are our rock of encouragement. Bravo for the a job well done!!!! You should be proud.
Mel thanks for the words! You are so clever in sharing thoughts and words and songs for us! I hope the day didn't shake you up too much but it is a good thing to take time for yourself and try to be more creative...art is so releasing.... I wish I could paint. I have been out of my knitting yarn for my little project now for about a month and I have been surprised that I look to go pick it up and I don't have a dishcloth on the go. When I go to the big city again I will get some more. Hope you are feeling better and good luck on the challenge.
I do hope Teel has a fabulous time and tells us all about it upon her return. I have a friend leaving in July for Europe so excited for her.
WEll, I did get some nice things yesterday.... black baloons, a bouquet of dried dead roses.... very cute..... and 3 other lovely bouquets of flowers the office started to look like a flower shop or a funeral parlor very quickly!!!!
I had two nice phone calls from my boys and that made myday..... don't feel much different today just blessed with good friends family and a sense of peace.
Have a good day everyone and thanks again for making me smile with all those posts...... I had a drink or two last night also..... might have to continue through the weekend..... lots to celebrate. And Dear Linus, you better take care of yourself and not get over tired. Everything doesn't have to be done in one day!!!!!!
Peace and Love,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 05:48 PM   #169  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all, quick post this morning as I am off out to take Mooz's daughter and her friend for a whirlwind tour of Brisbane and the Gold Coast. Not exactly sure where we will go yet, but a trip to the wildlife sanctuary to cuddle a koala is probably on the cards along with the Gold Coast and some shopping at the fancy coast centres.

I've finally got my new computer up and running and posting pictures. Heres the latest bathroom ones, although I have done more since these were taken (like grouting and floor) Not the best photos I've ever taken.

Okay, gotta go get breakfast and shower and get into town. Maybe catch up tonight with some photos of the girls.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 06:21 PM   #170  
Happy September

I lost my post and I think we tried to post together!!!
Shad~ did you share your good numbers with Jason??? Be careful lest he come to work one day with a Hockey Mask on and a machete in his hand!!! You must feel vindicated wioth the losses after all this work!!! Still moving forever forward Missy!!! Enjoy the time with the friends and I think it's a great time for DISTRACTIONS FOR YOU!! Have fun!!!

Nae~ Get that yarn and get to work!!! I have been a terrible procrastinator this month. House, wash, writing letters, phonecalls etc!!! maybe July better be butt moving month!!! I will celebrate wioth you this weekend too! lemonade here I come! I could use some happy celebrations!

Happy~ I did love Ralph yesterday. so perfect for the things I am going through. Hope the new boss weilds the axe very slowly so you can keep on looking. Any chance of a reprieve? Good luck and fingers are crossed. I think there is only allowed to be one at a time looking for a job on this thread!!!

Linus~ Busy little lady that you are!!! Did you come up for air yet??? How goes the new house thing?? Did you leave anyone alive after the last meeting???
With all this cleaning and painting maybe you should hire out! At least you'd get a paycheck for it!

today was good. The old driver and the new bus took me to the library for 2 hours, out to lunch at a hotdog vender and for a tour of all the new developments and construction on the waterfront. had a great day and pulled in about 4. I am tired! but very happy. Everyone was very nice but acted like they were walking on eggshells today with me. only one woman is a bit cool but she always wanted the most from me.
This man in one day did what i was trying to do for a year now...retire. Well it is here and my first day was a great one. the sadness from yesterday is gone and once again maybe I can find the old Mel when the stress subsides once again. Free and ME!

Have a great night all and good morning Sunshine!
Old 06-30-2004, 06:33 PM   #171  
Happy September

forgot to say I like the Pics Shad!! I especially like the detailed tile trim!!! Lovely color blue(on my PC)! Nice work. I will recommend you to my friends!
Old 07-01-2004, 07:08 AM   #172  

Home again. Stuffed. Driven just over 300Kilometres today and it's all in front of me tomorrow again. But we enjoyed ourselves. The girls were beside themselves when they found out they could touch a kangaroo and cuddle the koala.
Too tired to think straight as a hot drink and bed. I post the rest of the pictures tomorrow.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:58 AM   #173  
Choose your hard

Good morning chickies,
Shad - very nice of you to be the tour guide to the girls. I would have loved to see the places you described that you were taking them to. Another round today or was it just a one day stint for you? The bath tiles are looking quite pretty also. Good job lady!!!! Rest up a bit now.

Mel, sounds like you had a nice, peaceful day too even if there was a bit of awkwardness at times. Why must it be like that? As you say, hopefully now you can get to retirement - be a friend when one is needed but no longer everyone's doormat!

Hope the weekend holds up well for you Nae to keep on celebrating. It's our Independence Day holiday weekend - the holiday is Sunday but this is the summer "midpoint" technically and the holiday filled with fireworks. For my little corner of the world they are predicting rain, rain, rain Friday all the way until next Tuesday. Temps are slightly starting to creep to the low 80's - it's been another rather cool summer again - not good for swimming pools and growing tomatoes, but otherwise comfy. However most of the big fireworks displays will be Saturday night so we shall see if they get ruined.

Got my termination date yesterday. I will have a job until the end of September which is when they will close the office that I work at. At least that gives me 3 months of guaranteed salary in which to find a new job. They say the economy is picking up but I'm not sure in what direction as of yet...

Busy day ahead, must be rolling along now. Have a good one all!
Old 07-01-2004, 01:25 PM   #174  
Happy September

Talking Oh Canada.......

HAPPY CANADA DAY TO ANYONE OUT THERE READING!

I am very lazy today but feel good about it. Been an exhausting week for me mentally and physically. I have 5 days before everyone comes back to get my stiff back! maybe I better put a broomstick up my blouse!!! Now girls, no bad comments here!

Shad~ You are a friend to beat all!!! Nice work lady. Very generous of you and you have also made moozie happy with the pics I'm sure!
You may need a good rest when all this week is over. Tiling and Traveling. Maybe you should try another letter of the alphabet!!!

Happy~ I am going to remember the "doormat" thing incase I need it next week! The old driver just called and said I better be ready for shopping(food) tomorrow!! He's on our emergency radio that I have too. I was pedalling away to your Grand Canyon trip. Really nice, clear photos!! I had forgotten how nice they were the first time I saw them. maybe the butterflies for the next round of exercising.

I am going to plan my N.O.P.E. for next week. I need to get a routine now and try to stick to it. One that will include bus trips and Dr. visits etc.
maybe I should train myself with the timer on the handheld thingy. Hmmmm
Well I have 5 days to decide what to do. Hope you all have a great day!!! Just think, now we can celebrate Canada day and July 4th!!! The parties continue!! gotta run. The loo is calling!
Old 07-01-2004, 06:00 PM   #175  

I need to get my NOPE organised too Mel. I just find being accountable is better for me than my thinking - oh I'll do that this week or whatever. Unless I write it down it probably wont get done. If I write it here, I am accountable to everyone. And it stands a chance that way.

Anyway, I've gotta go. I'll see if I can get this pic up - but if not I'll try putting some of them on the webshots tonight. See you.
Old 07-02-2004, 05:50 AM   #176  

Just dropped by with the addy for the Ireland/Canada day photos. Enjoy!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/joy_clover Look for the Album - Running the tourist route

See you all tomorrow
Old 07-02-2004, 08:45 AM   #177  

Default Morning

It is so good for me to wake up early and see that Miss Shad has made an early reply and then this morning is an extra treat with pics........cool! I marked it to my favorites to enjoy. Thanks for doing that Shad!
Well, the celebrating continues, last night my friend who use to be my neighbor took me out to dinner with a group of people and wined and dined me. I eat and drank it all!!!! I am so blessed with so many friends and feel so lucky to be their friend. She was my best neighbor and saw each other through some hard times. With her move we just don't get to see each other very often but when we do it is so great!
I made 4 pies yesterday to take to our pie sale for woman's scholarship fund which will be sold today at the parade. OUr 4th parade is today they have a long weekend celebration here starting this morning.
I will be gone for the weekend so I will miss seeing all of you and wish each of you a safe a Happy Weekend no matter where in the world you live and enjoy whatever activity you engage in.....be safe.
Still feeling fabulous and fifty!!!!!!!!!
Love to you all,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 08:57 AM   #178  
Choose your hard

Great pictures Shad. That park looks like a wonderful place to visit. You probably spent the better part of the last 2 days in the car driving along. Had to smile at a comment you had made in your journal that your guests were amazed at just how FAR it is from one place to the next out your way. Hope your petrol is not at the hair raising prices ours is.

Thanks for the compliments on the pictures Mel - glad you enjoyed them. I guess by now you've pedalled across the canyon more than once.

It's the start of a somewhat soggy 3 day weekend. Optimum thing being 3 days off from work. We have a BBQ tomorrow but other than that I want to take some time to start doing some things around the house. DH is off on vacation next week and will be underfoot so I might go into the office a few days just so that we aren't in each other's way. Nothing much else to say at the moment so I will get the day's work over with and plan for an entertaining weekend. Take care ladies...
Old 07-02-2004, 05:34 PM   #179  

Morning all, it's another lovely day here in Aus and soon I'll be getting back into the swing of the bathroom again. Today will be cutting floor tiles ready to stick them down. Everytime I think I have it sussed, something else pops up and I think - oh brother have to do that as well. I suspect I never planned this too well at all. But with a bit of luck cutting, the worst of it will be over by tonight. Then we grout it all. I found a greyish blue grout which should do the trick. Not quite the right shade, but you should have seen the look on the face of the guy at the hardware shop when I asked if there was any navy blue - or a darker shade of blue than those I had seen. Blue is apparently blue!!! Don't ask for more than blue.
Glad that you enjoyed the photos. Nae, if you go back to those pics you will see some of the garden and also some of some of the places I have been, Not all my photos are up there and soon I will have to move some off the site to make way for others. I will attempt to update the Renovations collection soon with some photos of what the yard looks like now as compared to then which is 2 years ago. My word, how things have grown.
I'm off to Pilates this morning. Did an hour of the weights the other day and will do some more this morning. I don't mind them that much I suppose. They just don't seem to set me alight like they are supposed to. Guess that's the female side of me coming out. It's not an attractive sight is it?
Miss Sunday is sitting, gazing out of the door. Sometimes I wonder what if anything goes on in that head. As far as I am aware, there is nothing moving out there that is worth such study. Maybe she is just waiting for the sun to come into the garden to wake up the lizards and geckos. We have a lot of little ones running around at the moment, maybe now is hatching time for them???? Don't know, will have to try and find out. I put some decorative stones around the plants in pots on the patio yesterday afternoon to try to stop some of the drying out of the soil. Then when I went back to water them again, there were two of these little lizards basking in the sun on the warm stones. Didn't have the heart to wash them off. Watering will be before the sun gets round the back this morning. Mustn't disturb my new little friends, they will eat some of the pesky grubs later in the year.
Mel, are you keeping track of how far you have pedalled? Should I expect to see you rock up at my door anytime soon??
Hope your weather bucks up for the long weekend Happy, damp fireworks are not fun. I guess we have to have a 41 hour celebration for the 4th of July starting tonight??? I know there will be fireworks on the Brisbane River tomorrow night in your honour and on the Gold Coast. No doubt there is a 'socialite' do at City Hall tonight as well - once more I wasn't 'invited'. I'm a social outcast!!!!

Okay, suppose it is time that I went and got breakfast and got on with the day. I need to get some more fruit and veg when I go out, other than that I don't have any shopping to do for the week, that's good for me and for the wallet.

I hope teel is having a wonderful time and I guess linus is up to her armpits in carpet or paint as well. Hope she hasn't left the hubby under the underlay!!!!
Old 07-03-2004, 01:35 AM   #180  
Choose your hard

Hello all,
Well if slightly tighter pants and a general feeling of bloatedness was not enough to tell me that I have gained some weight, the blood test results were the kickers. I found a website that pretty well explains what each of the things it tests for mean. For example - my triglicerides are up and I was surprised to learn that carbohydrates are converted to triglycerides when eaten to excess. So the results are there staring me in the face.

Saturday will be a busy day - housework in the morning, and then a BBQ with friends in the afternoon and evening. I still have to figure out what dishes I'm bringing to share. So this will be my post for the day most probably.

Good luck with the floor tiles Shad. Hope everything lines up nicely. After spending 3 days last summer cleaning the light grout on the kitchen floor, I can totally understand why you want dark grout. It's such an effort to clean that you could probably skip an arm weight workout or two. It's quite nice that you are having a fireworks celebration in our honor. You might get to see more than we will. Hope it's not too rainy tomorrow.

Oh and Sunday the cat is quite the looker - such a pretty kitty she is. If you've ever had a cat and seen them stare into space for long periods of time, you might believe as I do that they see things we don't. I have to believe it's more than just supreme patience, especially when just the very tip of the tail flips ever so slightly back and forth. After all dogs can hear at higher pitches than we can, who is to say that cats can't see things we don't. Birds also seem to react to things we don't see.

Well I'm off to bed, told DH to wake me early. Tomorrow I will also get to see the friend who had gastric bypass surgery. Supposedly she has lost 65 pounds in less than 2 months. Sounds like an awful lot very quickly but we'll see. And I WILL behave myself eating at the BBQ tomorrow. DH and I went to dinner tonight - Italian and I only ate half the meal and bagged the rest for tommorrow's lunch. Night all and happy Saturday....