Old 07-03-2004, 02:05 PM   #181  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

and a lovely Saturday it is too Happy!!! LOL Hope you have a great BBQ!!! Bring me home a hamburger!!! Try not to walk all over the DH next week though!!! How is the new garden stuff?? Butterfly bush have any friends yet??

Shad~ I used to live the little lizards in Florida when we wnet to visit my Aunt. Nice if you to let them soak up the sun and get their little hides tan! I'm surprised sunday doesn't kill them! Happy gluing of the tiles!

I was up and out early and enjoyed the morning with a couple who live hear. Then they went out and brought me home 2 bagels. I ate one for lunch! With the windows open I was cleaning till Jen's bird heard or saw something that made him absolutely insane!!! Mr. Frantic screamed out the window and it echoed so much I had to close them to shut him up!!!! so I put on the A/C and started cleaning. Got a box and am having a 27 fling boogie like Flylady! Only one thing in there so far!! 26 to go! LOL

Nae~ Glad you had fun with the friend. always nice to get a chance to share good times with friends. Hope the weekend away is good too! Enjoy!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and
Happy Fourth of July to all of us!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 02:58 PM   #182  
Happy September

Happy~ I missed the first paragraph of your post somehow!! Just read it in the e-mail version. My triglycerides were up to 264 The Dr almost had a stroke herself when we got them back! I got rid of almost all the carbs I could. Soda was doing me in. I have to go back soon and get re-tested! Hope you're goes down too. What web addie were you looking at? I was at www.prevention.com and searched cholesterol. They have a 20 or 30 day wasy to lower it all. I was thinking of trying it but have to get all the foods etc together first. Good luck!
Old 07-03-2004, 04:07 PM   #183  
Happy September

http://www.prevention.com/cda/featur...-5169,00.html?

This was the addie for "24 DAYS TO A HEALTHY HEART". just in case you are interested,
Old 07-03-2004, 05:48 PM   #184  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all, it's Sunday 4th July here so:

HAPPY 4TH JULY

Happy Birthday America

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and the sunshines shines lightly on you all.

We have a dull and overcast day here. The Canadians are off to Cairns for a week to do some scuba on Great Barrier Reef. They seem to be having some off season rain up there, but it should still allow them to see plenty under the sea, just won't be as bright as usual. They are a nice couple of people. They have just gotten engaged. Apparently he proposed to her in Akaroa in New Zealand. A spot they apparently just loved. Mind you so do I and I would like to live there one day as well.

I'm not that sure about the intelligence you give to Sunday the cat Happy. Sometimes, I don't think there is much between those pretty ears. Sometimes I think there is plenty there and she doesn't want me to find out about it. However I'm fairly sure that while she was in that plastic bag before I found her, she did have a certain amount of lack of oxygen. She does some strange things at times, but mostly she is a loving little thing if somewhat annoying at times when she insists on sitting right on top of you or digging in the claws for no reason at all. She's gone back to surveying the territory again this morning. As to why she doesn't catch the lizards - well, she tries at times, but doesn't often succeed, pesky little things run up the verandah posts or the patio poles and she has a little difficuly following - besides which I think the pesky little things have her measure in full and as soon as she appears on the scene, the message goes out that she is about. The lizard population then moves to high ground.

Happy, DH won't get underfoot too much - just give him his camera and the car keys and point him in the direction of the park and he will be a happy camper. Do we have his website address to see the results of all your hard work?

Time for breakfast I think and then some laundry and cleaning. As soon as the vanity is in the bathroom, I will be doing the flylady fling on things like old and grotty towels and wash stuff and so get some more junk out of the house. Maybe today, we can take some stuff down to DS house and store it in the Garage/basement so it will take some of the pressure off this place. Now that he has the house, he doesn't seem to be in much hurry to move in.
KIDS - YOU GOTTA LOVE THEM

Journals are closed, so I don't have to check there. Guess I will just have to get off here and go do something. Have a great day.

Last edited by Shad; 07-03-2004 at 06:03 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 08:49 AM   #185  
Happy September

Talking Happy Fourth Of July!!!

I FEEL LIKE CELEBRATING THE WHOLE MONTH!!! All these celebrations are not good for my NOPE challenge! Good thing I went out yesterday. The weather doews not look good for today. The sun is out but the sky is dark! I am sorry to say this but I feel like 3FC gave me a vacation
I didn't feel like journaling this weekend and was thinking of taking it off! OOPS I just forgot Clara! Be back in a few!
Attached Images
File Type: gif EAGLE.gif (19.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: gif FAMILY.gif (9.7 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-04-2004 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-04-2004, 10:32 AM   #186  
Happy September

Clara is the 92 yr old that needs her blood tested twice a day now. Her Dr needs to see what's going on before or IF he changes anything. Now she just found out she's losing her eyesight with macular degeneration. with my eyes we are making a fine pair but her checks are done and the bills are in the mail along with mine She wants her checkbook balanced! I haven't done that in at least 30 years!!! I told her next week that I would do my best

I just heard that any showers we'll have will be over before the fireworks are planned. Guess that will make a lot of people happy. I shampooed the bedroom carpet this morning and maybe the living room tonite or Tuesday. I can't go on them till they dry or my tires make them dirty AGAIN! I also think this may be the last time I can push and pull the steam cleaner around! God, I forgot how much strength it took. I just hate to pay for something that I used to do! Maybe one of the maint. men would help Anyway, one is done.

Well girls I hope you all have a great Sunday Fourth!!! Enjoy and stay safe. Shad, hope your Sunday was a great adventure in the bathroom!!! Really so good of you to have done the Canadians as well. How did their game go? I am going to webshots later with the pedals. Last night I was just too tired. To answer a long ago question, no I have not kept track of the miles as I never found a global map in ANY store. People looked at me like I had 9 heads on my shoulder each time I asked! I am trying to think of a NOPE for this week that is not too agressive. When I do I'll post it in the journal when it opens! Thanks for the happy 4th decorations! I must say the site looked lovely!!! Sweet dreams.
Old 07-04-2004, 12:49 PM   #187  

hi all well i did pop in last night but as my freind and i had been indulging in a we bitty too much alcohol it was wise for me not to leave a message as you all would have been sending the yellow van for to come and take me away.SHAD dont make room for new photos yet ive just found theses ones and would like a couple of days to have a quick peek bathroom looks lovely and so fresh looking lovely colours i tried persuading hubby once that the tiles dont have to go all the way to the ceiling but well hes british what can i say!!!!! my kids room is finally finishe dwell truth be told it was finished wednesday night and we went and picked up the carpet on thurday morning and had it layed by thursday afternoon and i let dh lay it with my assist and he made a really good job of it so i can releave myself of that job in the future {thats one less a million to go} MEL ive sure missed something whats the n.o.p.e challenge someone will have to enlighten me as ive gone back and checked and cant find it maybe it was in the journals i dont read them anymore as im not in the habit of biting my tounge so best not to look good luck balancing the chequebook i just dont use mine well actually we did 4 years ago to send for the passports to go to tunisia and sinse then i just dont use it the bank keeps sending me new ones i think we have 5 each now we really have to shred some!!!! HAPPY have you got photos like shads id really like to see them i love loking at all these places ill probably never go {money ,fear of flying , dogs } but you never know one day NAE enjoy your weekend you sound like you enjoy being in the kitchen just like me at the moment ive got a chicken in the oven stuffed withleek,green pepper,bacon,carrotts ,red wine vinegarand extra virgin olive oil i love cooking i could do it all day dont like the washing up afterwards too much so i try and do it as i go along i fail miserably but i try the only thing about all the rushing about this week conners leaving party his leavers assembly and craigs school concert and trying to,get the room done before the kids finished up for the holidays trying to get mum organised to go to my sisters for the week ive been smoking like a chimney so im going to go back to the docs this week for him to retest my iron levels and hopefully theyll be back to normal and i can have a go with the zyban. my freind and i deceided to have a drink at my house last night while her dh and mine were at the pub she managed to get through nearly a whole litre of vodka and i pritty much cleaned out a bottle of southern comfort and we thought we where drunk but when dh and his mate came in they were paralitic and dh could hardly walk so i knew he had been drinking spirits and he cant handle them so him and his mate sat on the setee declaring there undying love for each other and then dh promptly threw up on the floor in my living room so i was not a happy bunny so after i had said goodbye to our freinds anf got dh to bed {bolstered on his side for good measure} sort of straightened up and got to bed at 3 oclock this morning for some strange reason i jumped out of bed at 6.45am this morning so i deceided to clean house take the dogs out while the rain was off {yes its still raining its been raining nearly solidly for 3 weeks now} and scrubbed the livingroom carpet did the washing and polishing and went to the shops and made the breakfast dh ate threw up and went back to bed i called my freind and she said my carpet was bad enough but her dh waited till 4 oclock this morning and threw up on her while they where in bed so i got the easy shot i think much rather the carpet than me and my bed aint love grand
right im off to check the chicken and put the washing in the dryer and put another load in the machine and ill catch you all later
happy 4th of july to you all
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 01:27 PM   #188  
Happy September

Talking Thank God I went to the loo before reading linus' post!

Jen's bird is yelling at me to stop laughing!! I think he thinks I'm laughing at HIM! OMG I can hardly breathe!!! I am sorry for all the throwing up business but when it's not in your OWN house it is quite funny!
Hey! Some of us English know tiles don't have to go all the way up the wall! I watch Home and Garden Television!!! When I get down in the dumps, I will come back and read this post!!! It will definitely cheer me up!

N.O.P.E. is No Off Plan Eating. Shad changed the name and it fits everyones plans now. Fits mine perfectly as that is the terminology my diet plan uses! It used to be the NCC No Crap Challenge.
I hope you have a great day Linus cause you just made mine a lot brighter!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-04-2004 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-04-2004, 05:33 PM   #189  

Linus, was DH celebrating the 4th of July for ALL Americans?? I should imagine he will suffer greatly today. Oh goody, put a screecher on the disc player and keep it at full volume.
Spent yesterday cutting tiles in the bathroom and going down to Simon's new place and ripping out carpet and deciding which bits need work and which bits can wait. Things like kitchen and bathroom can wait - they will need to be done, but it is not urgent. They have a few cupboards, and drawers and a stove so they will get along for a while. The bedrooms need a paint before they move in and the floors will need sanding and staining. Really don't need carpet here, and they have nice wooden hardwood floors under that stained and baggy carpet. Mother is advising - kid is not listening much!!!!
Anyway on todays menu is more cutting of tiles and putting in the new waste pipe for the vanity and ensuring it is watertight. Then laying the tiles and cleaning the adhesive off before it dries. If I can get that much done today, I will be a very happy bunny.
Also on the menu is gym - debating whether to try step class again or leave it for a couple of weeks and go back to it. Maybe the latter. I'll go do an hour rowing and weights instead.
Spent some time last night, sorting photos on the computer and loading up the backup from the other computer. I seem to have had stuff all over the place - how unorganised.
Well best go spend some time looking for work. Funnily enough - although it's getting a little anxious in the money department, I really don't care. Strange sensation. Che sera sera.
Old 07-04-2004, 06:44 PM   #190  

shad luv im always skint and im nearly always happy go figure glad i made you two laugh i did have a giggle myself but not in front of dh he still thinks im pissed off at him and hes not happy that i dont get hangovers my da says im a waste of an alcoholic speak later
kirsty
Old 07-04-2004, 07:41 PM   #191  

Actually Linus, I meant to make a comment the comment you made on the tiles in the bathroom. I always think that those bathrooms that have tiles up to the ceiling look like a hotel loo. With mine I am going to add a wooden moulding on top of the tiles and wax it to finish it off. It will hopefully match with the vanity top - if I ever get it. Not sure yet whether it will go over the shower area but probably will. I'll have to get a new toy oooops tool, a mitre box to cut the corners. This will be fun.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:46 AM   #192  

shad if you have a protractor and can saw straight lines you can make one out of a block of wood dh reliably tells me and since he is a joiner ill take his word for it me i couldnt saw in a straight line if my life depended on it thats why i married a joiner and yes we have no shelves or wood panneling or pine ceilings in our house just all his freinds houses
kirsty
Old 07-05-2004, 10:23 AM   #193  
Happy September

I used to be a good mitre corner cutter!! I built a shelf unit in my old kitchen with a friend. She made the plans and I did the sawing!! LOL Twas a very lOOOOng time ago!

Well girls it's officially raining and I feel sleepy! Today I am back on plan and ready to rock and roll. Had 2 sodas, 2 potpies, some ice cream and cookies. The scale says 175 and I am blown up like a baloon ready for take off. Guess the sugar and salt are swelling my feet! good thing I don't have to walk on them! Sometimes you just have to be bad.

Hope you all have a great Monday and a great week too! I will make a new NOPE and go on from there. Guess I should check and see if the journals are open.

Linus~If you are interested in NOPE....just post something here. No need to journal if you don't want to. We can all post our "promises" here!

Shad~ Rest welll my friend and see you when you get up. Do you ever get a day off? Or was that when you were tour guide? Has everyone gone home? Hope the MOM is not still worried. I worry too. Jen will be leaving for Florida by car on Thurs to return the step-kids and returns next Sunday. Oh well the do grow up! LOLOL

Adios my friends far and wide!
Old 07-05-2004, 01:13 PM   #194  
Happy September

I find it funny that I said it was a vacation not to have to journal this weekend and now I CAN'T!! It keeps asking me who I am no matter how many times I try. I can comment but not post! Wrote Suzanne a post in the journal newbie forum and hope I get an amswer.So I'll post here instead.

I weighed in at 175 this morning. I am bloated and retaining a LOT of water. I think from the salt intake these last few days. so I have been drinking a LOT or water now! My NOPE clallenge will be:
1- eat only plan food
2- pedal 5 days
3- stretching 2 days
4- drink my 64 0z. of water
%- listen to my cd's
6- write in my journal

I'm just doing the back to basics thing and make a routine again. Somehow with first working and then all this going out business on the new bus, I lost sight of where I was heading. Next thing I know the big holidays will be here and I won't have a routine in place! I'd probably just eat my way through them all!!! So I'm starting today and so far so good!! Pedals are on the agenda as soon as I take Clara's blood!

See ya later.
Old 07-05-2004, 01:35 PM   #195  

my plan is to get through this day before i murder either my dogs my kids or my dh
kirsty