Old 06-15-2004, 09:10 PM   #76  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I think I caught up with everyone! Just speed read the posts! LOl
Teel~ I only have a 10 pack of lemonade so I guess one every 4 hours aught to do it! I won't be drunk with alcohol but with sugar overload! I hope the 41 hour salute serves you well and they will be happy hours!!! Love the violin present. Hope too that you both will get passed her grief. Friends are hard to come by. Kisses and hugs for the Big day!!!

Shad~ Wish right about now I had the orangejuice and champagne!!! Maybe I should spike the ade with some vodka! :faint; Wonder also how I can dricve drunk now I got so old! who the **** is Mr. Moko and where have you been hiding him!?!?!?

Happy~ ALL those MILES!! WOW!! I tried to get a map at a bookstore yesterday and at the dept. store but no dice. I was going to exericse my way to everyones house. When I get one you can help me figure out the miles again!

Nae~ A small parcel is on it's way!! I will be uinterested in your input. Glad you will have some company again. Good to have something to look forward to. I sometimes feel the same way about "when they want something" syndrome! Think we all go through a bit of that one!

Linus~ I hope you are ok and please do not overdose on nicotiene. It's called nicotiene poisoning. I came close to having it and thought I would lose my insides in the loo!!! i became dehydrated and my whole world turned upside down and that was just with too many cigarettes!! No patches!!! :faint; so pleas be careful!! Don't want to lose you now as I just found you!!! Who will help me laugh my fanny off?!?!?

Well girls I was out all day. Shopped, came home and put stuff away, went back out and ate salad with the guys and no one wanted to come back inside!! A lovely breeze was blowing today. Hottish but nice all the same. Everyone went home and I spent another 2 hours with Sal(painter) as he had nothing to do today. Just lounged around and rested my weary head. I bought Neutrogena cleanser and moisturizer with SPF30. Used it today for the first time and think I may have a winning combo for the rosacea on the face. Eyes are a bit gritty even with the glasses on. Think I need to use the tears more often than I am......especially when I am outdoors. Must remember to take the vials with me. I had a good food day but deviated from plan with some rocky road ice cream. I felt a treat was called for being it was Teel's BD!!! Good excuse HUH????
Gotta hit the hay kids and hope you all have sweet dreams and Shad has a sweet day!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 09:10 PM   #77  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

NOW CLOCK ON THE CAKE AND MAKE A WISH AND BLOW OUT THE CANDLES!!!!

Mel you really crack me up. You sound like the English Policeman spy in the British Comedy 'Allo, 'Allo. Did you mean click on the cake???
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 09:15 PM   #78  
Happy September

OK i edited it!!! LOL Good thing I didn't say CLUCK!!!
Now I can go to bed with a clear conscience that my post is all straightened out!!! How come you're not tiling or gardening?!?!? Who or what won the toss??!!
Old 06-16-2004, 02:24 AM   #79  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Well I am running a bit late here but Happy Birthday Teel, Linus and Nae!!!!! (click on the link please)

Last edited by happy2bme; 06-16-2004 at 02:34 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 02:52 AM   #80  

Love the link happy, but can't seem to get the fireworks to start must be doing something wrong.
Glad you corrected it Mel. It just had me in fits as does the policeman in the show.
Old 06-16-2004, 06:01 AM   #81  

Aw shucks, guys!!! THANK YOU! Thank you!
How are all the drinks going? Anyone need a refill yet? I have just had a late breakfast..strawberries and vanilla yoghurt. Shad I am so sorry I missed your phone call...I have had quite a few this morning, although they have been (ha ha ha ha I have just then had another one right in the middle of the sentance!) short they have been many!!
Happy!! Oh Happy! What an awesome firework display! I've never had fireworks on my birthday before! How beautiful! And I LOVE that song..it always makes me all misty eyed!! What a great link! Where did you find it, by the way? I love it to bits!!!
Two of my envelopes included very large checks ooops I mean cheques!! which will be brilliant for both holidays. It will be lovely to go away and not have to worry about not spending too much money.....I am going to LIVE IT UP!!!
Right I had better get in that shower as I am meeting a friend for a very light lunch as I am out to dinner tonight!! I'll be back later!!
Thanks again for my world-wide cyber party! I love all of you!!
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 08:22 AM   #82  
Happy September

It's a Happy Birthday Day on the Journals for Teel too!!! ROFL I am having a Frappuccino instead of the lemonade. An office girl gave me one and I raise my coffe to you Teel!!!! May your Birthday year be a great one!!!

Happy~ I clicked and dragged the mouse and got a fireworks rainbow!!!! I love it!!! It was one of those things that makes people say...HOW THE **** DID SHE DO THAT!!!! Nice display!!

Shad~ Hope the day was a good one! I kept trying to put a banner up on the journal but everyone I found was too big to upload. I forgot about that part. Today is Jennifer's BD in the journals.
Ok girls gotta change sheets again. Very sweaty at night for some reason! Menopause does not seem to want to leave me. Off I go like a good girl to get to the laundry room and then outside before it gets too hot for me!!!
Old 06-16-2004, 08:40 AM   #83  

Default Wow

Happy Birthday to the June BABies,
That link Happy was so cool I really enjoyed it and will visit it a couple times before the month is over. Thanks for the kind thoughts and the fireworks the colors are great!!! Hope everyone has a safe trip and enjoys their birthdays!
It is beautiful here this morning watching the deer graze and the sun comes over the mountains. I have a staff meeting today that I am sort of dreading so if you can think a good thought for me today that would be appreciated. I was afraid it might give me a bad nights sleep last night but oh no I had a good oneso that makes me more prepared for the day!
I was standing at the bank yesterday and an old friend on my ex's came over to talk to me and I found out the lastest on his declining lifestyle. SOme people just never get it..... the lessons laid before them are so obvious to those around them but not to them. My feelings are mainly sadness for my boys because they just don't have a good example in their father or any support from him on any level.
I went to a dinner party on Monday and was able to see some old friends who have moved away from here. I miss them so much. Have any of you ever had meals made in a dutch oven? We had a dessert that was prepared in the dutch oven very good.
Tomorrow will be hiking with my ladies group so we can visit with our friend one more time before she leaves. I also connected with another friend on sunday that was good for me. It is so hard to sometimes keep friendships going give them the energy they deserve. WE become so set in our daily routines we forget what great people we are denying ourselves.
Linus, so good to hear from you. The gals had great advice for you. Please be careful whatever you do we need you here to share your thoughts and life with us.
Well, off to get ready for work.... hope it goes better than my gut is telling me it will this morning.....
Best Wishes to My Gal Pals around the World,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 08:56 AM   #84  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chickies -
Salute to Teel. Happy Birthday again to you as I raise my coffee cup over to the eastward way Yes, I think I'll take a bit of a warm up if you're pouring. Just don't spill the pot as you race for the phone!

I'm glad you liked the link - was something I whipped up last night but of course it always takes longer than you think which is why I was a little late last night.

Shad, the fireworks are a Java applet. If you're PC doesn't support Java or the firewall is blocking it, you won't see the fireworks which is a shame because they are quite pretty.

Lots to do at work today so I must run for now. Nae, will send some good vibes your way for your staff meeting. Take care ladies...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 04:56 PM   #85  

HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY TEEL AND MAY IT BE A GOOD ONE AND LONG REMEMBERED CHEERS
HAPPY i should have just asked you instead of some supposed "trained" councellor have taken off the patch and am coping with the minimum of cigs {8 today) and feel fine not cranky but unfortunatly there may be a prob with my meds which is making me jumpy and not the withdrawels seemingly ive been on my tramadol for way too long so that might be the cause SHAD nope no milestone for me just plain old 21{33}my only solace is that dh will always be 2 years older than me my darling family are being really tight lipped about my pressies and dh keeps telling everyone ill be 40 thats not going down very well we are going to the pub with family and our freinds on the 19 th which will be the inlaws 35th anniversary so will be very merry i suppose hubby hopes now ive lost all this weight that i wont be able to drink everyone under the table and it wont cost him so much or that at least ill get a hangover as ive never had one in my life goint to conners sports afternoon tomorrow and then going shopping with craig he wants to buy himself a bottle of aftershave it only seems like last month he was buying toy soldiers i ont like my kids growing up i suppose i should be comforted with the fact that both have declared that they are never leaving home and hubby said hes not leaving either well ladies im off to take the hound from **** out for her walk and to try and persuade benjy that he has to get out of craigs bed and come too speak later
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 05:11 PM   #86  

wasnt gone long its raining and the poor dears dont like to get wet forgot to say earlier HAPPY i dont go to bed until nearly 2 am every night and hows this for a laugh there was a thing in the paper the other day we have a butterfly farm not too far from us and one family went there for a visit last week and they took there 18 month old daughter with them the little dear was a bit of a handfull and the staff told the mum to keep an eye on her needless to say they didnt until the little sweetheart stuck her hand in a fishtank unfortunatly housed in this tank where paku which are very close cousins to pirahnas and the little angel came out with one chomping on her finger the mother screamed law suits at everyone while waiting for an ambulance to take the wee sweetie to the hospital until it was pointed to her that there is a 4 foot high sign stating that these fish do and will bite only to come back to the staff and say "well my daughter cant read" also on a personal note this should give you a giggle me that moves at about 2 miles per hour has got athletes foot
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 07:59 PM   #87  

Default Linus

You crack me up woman...... the poor toes and all.... how did that happen? When is the day of your birthday linus, is it the 19th? What a month of celebrations we are having around here!
I am sorry about the kids growing up.... it happens so fast and is just too much. I think some of us are just born to be mother types and we are wired for everything motherly..... I was so shocked when my oldest turned 10 I found him crying in his room and I asked of course...his reply was that he knew how difficult it was for me to see him enter the double digit age and he was sad for me..... oh geez a bit of a wake up call for me.... I sort of changed my expression of his growth process after that....the little knippers are so aware.
My youngest Jesse and his girlfriend Morgann are coming tomorrow and I am so excited about it.... I told Jesse I had his mommy do list already....he is not thrilled about chores..... but I need some things... I think for all those miles and suffering though hockey games as the goalies mom I deserve a little pay back!!!!!!
Thanks Happy for the good thoughts they really helped pull me through that one!!!! It went ok and I am hoping the summer continues in a good vain about working and staying in the lower 48.....
Well, ladies it is nice that we are keeping in touch hope everyone is well... and I am having a beer tonight for Teel and her celebration....I have been so good but it feels good to relax tonight... my brother had a hip replacement surgery today and he is fine so that is a relief.
Talk to you all soon.....
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 08:01 PM   #88  

How gross that we now have to protect wildlife from the wildlife brats around the place. What was Mother doing? Idiot person. Next thing they will have to put notices up saying that you enter at your own risk - all care but no responsibility TO VISIT A BUTTERFLY HOUSE!!!! What are we coming to!!!!
Well I have been to the gym this morning already. I have done 17 minutes on rowing machine for 3.3k and 183 calories and 25 minutes on the Treadie Mr Moko wasn't there this morning. He is probably still celebrating Teels birthday and waiting to get to Linus'. Could be interesting when he gets to 'Naes and my sisters which are on the same day. I figure he will have a bit of a problem. Two hands but only one mouth. I've been having a long chat with Jason the trainer who is a very versatile young man. He is a body trainer, he also trains people on mobile phones, he teaches body combat and is now about to set up classes for salsa and disco. Anyway we got around to talking about exercise for the older age person and the aged and that took me a wee while. He is going to go over my program for me and set me back on the straight and narrow with weights and things and reckons he can help to get some of this weight off. Yes well okay Jason I'm game, I'm sick of carrying it around.
Nae, I am sending early morning thoughts your way for the work meetings today. Don't forget to come back and tell us what happened.
Miss Happy. Did I notice that you have set up a Happy2bme website??? I think I have not go Java on here. Maybe I should go download it so I too can see rainbow colours. I know it is on the other machine. Just this one came with only the basics and we have to put things on it as necessary.
Hope Mel has come in from the sun. It's not a good idea to sit out there for too long my friend. Do the laundry instead. I'd best take some of my own advice and do things like that too.
I did get about 2sqm of grouting done yesterday - lousy job, even worse than cutting. I need to go back and sponge down the tiles to get rid of the last of the grout. Then I best go and do another wall of the stuff. It is getting finished but slowly. But first, a shower, a shampoo, a wander around the garden and the laundry. The sun comes into the bathroom in the afternoon so it's nicer to work in there then. Warmer too. Okay, have a wonderful day. Teel, I will try to ring you again before you go on holiday, but don't sit on the phone waiting.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:02 PM   #89  
Happy September

I am losing my mind. I thought today was Thursday and posted a birthday to Linus. I just deleted it and will repost it on the right day. Friday! maybe today is not my day. I got Jennifer's BD wrong too then! OMG!!! Today was good till a male tenant went after the painter and then me. Verbal abuse is never sweet. I gave back far worse than I got but the whole thing made me ill. I'm making out a report to cover my butt. This is not the first time he has done this. He's not senile but a bully. Well I may have been shaking on the inside but he never knew it. I hate bullies. The painter didn't see him coming so I yelled out his name so he would turn and see. Well. that angewred this tenant and he went on a tirade! all this was over a chain that we use as a gate wasn't put up yet. Now the painter feels awful cause he hates bullies and men who disrespect women. I had a laugh too cause of all the language the 3 of us were using.
I told the painter we can't complain cause ours wasn't any cleaner!! but this guy came looking for me later on in the maint. room and tried yelling again and to tell me I was nothing. I told him he was the sh*t on the bottom of my shoes and that he may talk to the women in his family like this but he wasn't getting away with it to me. He left and we'll see what he does about it all. Why Im want to know is 2004 becoming a year where I must defend myself? Am I missing a lesson here? I wouldn't care but it's becoming so repetitive over the months!!! God, cut me some slack here. I'll get the point!! or maybe I am missing the point?

The good news is that I heard from the chair people and a new "works" is being delivered as soon as the order goes through. Just paperwork. Redtape. Carlos is holding on to the old parts till we get the new ones. I was afraid they would just send them right back without our knowing!

I am tired and need a shower. Maybe a lemonade to keep celebrating Teel's birthday!!!
I'll read the posts after the shower! This day left a bad taste in my mouth and it had nothing to do with dinner! Have a great Thursday!!!
Old 06-16-2004, 08:13 PM   #90  

Poor Mel, looking out for the painter when you knew what was about to break loose. As for the crazy tenant well some people are just like that. Born that way I guess. Generally I tend to say something like how sorry I am for that person since all that built in hate gives a body a very bad headache and makes their face ugly. Then I get grumpy and yell back. You are so right not to let him bully you - although you shouldn't have to put up with it at all. Get hold of your friend the mayor and get him to pass a law against it!!!
'Nae, glad it didn't go so bad. And good on you for having a 'to do' list for the son. As you said, sometimes they only come home or get in touch because they want something but having a list of things for them to do somewhat compensates for the giving we are still doing. I keep finding things for Simon to take away to his new house, but he keeps telling me that Wendy (his tenant) has a houselot of stuff already. I am determined to get shot of this stuff so he will have them like it or not.

Anyway, now I have finished this post, I am off to do some work. See you