Old 06-22-2004, 09:43 PM   #121  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Where the heck were we all today?!?!
Shad~ what wallet did you give Simon??? Am I missing something?? I know I'm a bit tired but I lost something in the translation!!
I do love the NOPE! I call it off and on plan anyhow so this is much more usable! It wasn't crap I was worried about just making off plan choices. I had a great POP day-Perfectly On Plan! I also feel a bit more energized at least I did till I ran into my other wheelchair trying to close the window. The chair hit me in the inside of my left ankle. When I get off here I will pedal and put the ice back on! Hope I can pedal! ????? Have a wonderful day and see you and the others in my dreams!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:20 AM   #122  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

'Mornin Chickies,
Sorry I couldn't post yesterday - in addition to getting another tooth yanked, I also had a eye doctor appointment. So for a while yesterday (after getting the eye dilation drops) I was both blind AND toothless! I hate the dilation drops, my eyes are blurry until the next day and it's such a disconcerting feeling to not be able to focus. The bad news is that my inability to see things well is due to the fact that I am getting older and as the doctor says, particularly after 50, most of us will no longer see with an eagle eye any more. Deal with it, make sure your glasses are fit correctly and for me, get away from sitting at the computer for upwards of 16 hours a day and use lubrication drops in my eyes. My eyes apparently are dry as a bone. And the more you sit in front of a computer, the less you blink. I am approaching zombie land The good news is that even tho I am old, my eyes are very, very healthy. And that's a good thing as my mom has macular degeneration and I have a host of wretched genes in my family - heart disease, high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes, cataracts, etc. Since DH and I went to the doctor's together, he did the follow up with both of us in the room. After he pronounced us both with healthy eyes, I said to DH, "gee it's good to hear that ONE body part is not falling apart"

Doc said he is our age and that one of the most important things we can do is exercise. We can't halt the fact that the bones and body parts are taking some wear and tear, but if we strengthen the connective tissue - ie. muscles - it helps to support the skeleton and reduces that I'm feeling old and achy feeling. So today you all share in my doctor's advice.

So with that, today I'm going to lubricate my eyes, stretch, walk away from the computer periodically and try some new moves today. Even though I am on soft foods, the refrigerator is full of healthy stuff - I just need to stay away from the ice cream in the freezer.

Interesting that you are going to rename the NCC to NOPE. In the land of ex-smokers, the term NOPE means Not One Puff Ever - which means that addicts can never let their guard down. I suppose that it will not be very difficult to apply the same principle to healthy living.

Off to sieze the day friends - I will if you will.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:06 PM   #123  

Hello everyone.This is a mega short post as I had my right carpal tunnel injected today so it is very painful and still feeling the effects of having a load of steroid injected in to a small space thats not really designed to have a load of anything injected into it!!
Hope you are all ok.
ONE WEEK TO GO TILL MY HOLIDAY!!!!!!!! The weather had better be better than it is here. It has been all day.....
I will be back when I can. Tomorrow hopefully!
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 01:08 PM   #124  
Happy September

Good afternoon all! I'm spending time with Jen today. Wednesdays are ours till the kids go back to their mother. I think Jen will be home the weekend after July 4th.
i ran my wheelchair into my "parked" one last night while someone was whining into my ear on the phone. The inside of the ankle is a very tender place! OUCH!! my vision is really affecting my driving! ;faint: This too shall pass but I am using ice and elevation and it is doing remarkably well! Jen just left for the skin doctor so I will try to catch up on here and also the dishes! Today is my second day on my diet plan and I am doing rather well. Very pleased with myself.
Teel~ I am very sorry to hear about your wrist and hope it feels better soon. I am lucky that I haven't ever had to have shots yet for anything. Do not do anything wrong before you leave for Salzburg!!! Be very careful and don't overdo!!!

Happy~ My love what can I say?!?! ((((((((HUGS))))))) for the toothless wonder. EYES!!! I cannot get used to the changing of my vision as the days go by. It really is affecting my judgement of distance and I can no longet talk and drive at the same time when in tight spaces. Old age sucks!! Hope you will be feeling better soon!

And where are the rest of the girls!!???!?!?!?!?!?

Have a great night everyone and good morning Miss Shad!!Hope you had a good nights sleep!!
Old 06-23-2004, 01:10 PM   #125  
Happy September

I must be going senile!!! I forgot I posted last night!!! And I did not finish pedalling!!!
Old 06-23-2004, 01:17 PM   #126  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Oh my, what a sorry bunch of invalids we all are this week. I think Shad and Nae will have to be our dearest friends and watch over us - you think?
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 04:40 PM   #127  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Your Guardian Angel with the fallen halo (and arches no doubt) is here ladies. Talk about a painful day, you lot are not doing well at all. Best you get yourselves on to the pedals or the treadmill and walk the day away. Happy we need to get you off that computer. Something else to do - but what - maybe that Soup Kitchen is looking good again. Would seem a shame tho' when you have gone to all the trouble of getting a degree in computing!!!! Life isn't so fair at times.
Mel, over here you are not allowed to talk on the phone and drive at the same time. It causes accidents. Maybe it's just become true in your case. Anyway some bloke on a bicycle (the pushie variety, not the motor variety) got done for riding and talking and fined $250 the other day. He is feeling a tad upset about it. And he was riding on the foot/cycle path as well. While I'm not condoning the ticket he got, some of these people are dangerous whether on a bike or a car while talking on the phone - specifically the French and Italians, who have great difficulty keeping their hands still while they talk anyway!!!
I'm up early this morning because I am off to see Jason, the personal trainer, who is supposed to be tweaking my program. Mind you after yesterday and the day before, the scales are not kind this morning. Back to the straight and narrow again. It's just not fair. Okay Shad - grow up. Nothing is fair, you have to make your own luck.
Anyway, I'm to be down there at 7.30am so I got up early and had some breakfast to try to give the body it's fix before I start cranking it into impossible situations.
Teel sorry to hear about the wrists again. Hope they are better before Salzburg comes around.
And where is Linus and Nae? Haven't heard from them for a while.
Gotta go. Catch ya again soon.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 04:40 PM   #128  

good day to you all how are we not too bad i hope sorry i never got back to finish the post but ive not been too good think my iron levels are in the cellar will get the doc to check it on friday so i keep falling asleep at the drop of a hat the good thing is my smoking is still very low probably because i cant stay awake long enough to smoke them HAPPY be thankfull you kept them as long as you did {your teeth} due to the bone problems and having breastfed both my brats i had very low calcium levels and fell coming up the stairs not long after i had my op and knocked my front two clean out of my mouth {fractured my cheek bone blackened both my eyes and ripped my left nostril} and due to the bruising and swelling promptly lost the two next to them and so they could fit me with a plate they had to take out two of the back ones and noe three years later the plate has damaged the remaining front teeth that badly that they are going to have to be pulled very shortly and i hate it not even my husband has seen me without my teeth the dentist told me to take them out at night but i politely {not{ told her that if there was a fire i was not going to be standing in front of a group of firemen with no teeth in so in they stay SHAD isnt it amazing that its the simple things we cherish the most i have the first dress my mum every bought me its horrid but i wouldnt part with it im so gratefull that i never had daughters so i didnt have to put them in it but i love it all the same NAE glad you enjoyed the visit im lucky at the moment conner still thinks girls are yucky and gross and craig loves himself too much to love anyone else i dont know how ill handle it when they have girlfreinds i dont know how ill cope not being the woman in their lives im already feeling redundant conner went to high school for a three day visit i creid buckets when he left for school with craig this morning at least craig has to be on time now as conner will be there so he cant say he slept in MEL cant you have a porto potty and bumpers fitted to this super chair of yours or is that still a sore subject no news yet??? might be a good idea to fit it with a fan though could be a bit smelly well ladies im sitting here with my eyes closing so im going and ill speak to you all later by the way i asked mum and dad what they want for theyre respective birthdays next week and dad wants a kettle and mum wants an indoor fountain and you lot wonder where i get it from enough said
speak later
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 04:46 PM   #129  

It's amazing, I ask where Linus is and she posts 2 minutes later.
Get better soon Linus
Old 06-23-2004, 07:44 PM   #130  

Well I am back from Jason the Sadist's ministrations. He tells me my lower body strength is not too bad, but upper body needs serious work for strength and muscle density. We've tweaked the plan and added a couple more of the torture equipment weights.
I've to change my schedule around and do the treadmill first, ensuring I warm up properly before running. I didn't do a full program today because I have strained a muscle in the thigh somewhere along the line and it is not worth pushing it and risk making it worse. So I'm off again in another direction to try to push this weight off.
Sounds like perfectly reasonable birthday presents to me Linus. So you will be out shopping this week? Two trips up the Royal Mile on foot should give you your exercise for the week. Edinburgh is almost as steep as Wellington in NZ. Actually I remember toiling up some steps once - I seem to remember somewhere near the Railway Station and they climbed up to the Royal Mile. I had a suitcase as well. I swear my knuckles were touching the ground when I got to the top. I know my tongue was.
Anyway, I must get off and go shower and get back to grouting in the bathroom. I've so nearly finished, I just need the push to get the last bit done. Then the floor and the worst is over. Finishing touches after that.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:22 PM   #131  

Default Hi Friends

Wow what a week it seems like forever but it isn't even friday yet...... I send out a group hug and prayer for all my friends who are dealing with pain conflict and frustration...... we are a lot ...... good thing we have each other!!!
MY friends and family who live 5 hours away are begging me to come up there to see them but I am not going just to celebrate a birthday that isn't that big of a deal to me.... I want to do some fun stuff this summer and that does require road time for me no matter what so I want to wait til next week. So I don't know if they will convince everyone to come down my way or just wait to see me later for my birthday. I have you guys to celebrate with me and that is enough for me........!!!
It is hot here now and I am so tired at the end of the day and just no energy to do much of anything.... I seem to only have enough to get through my day and pour myself into my work and patients..... I am getting old!!!!
I hope you all have a good day tomorrow and Shad is truely our motivator in the get up and get withit policy...... you are such great support..... Mel I have so much reading to do and I left my package at work..... so I will retrieve it tomorrow..... thanks again you are the best.
Love ya all.....Peace,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:32 AM   #132  
Happy September

Good morningmChicks!
Nae~ I feel like it's Friday too. Very long week. Hope the holiday weekend seems as long Read whenever you can. You know your own pace. I celebrated here too for my birthday. It's always best with friends no matter where they are!

Shad~ So just exactly how did you do this injury with Jason?!? Must be some strange positions he's getting you in for you to pull a nerve! RIGHT GIRLS????
Hope you get better times on the row machine. I see a new career for you already. Olympic rower! Have fun with the tiles when you get up! What a guardian angel you will make too!!! I think you have been mine right from the start!!

linus~ Good to see you but sorry about the sleepiness and all. Hope everything goes OK at the Dr's office. We are a sorry lot that is sure. maybe we should all start to take turns and not get hurt all in one week! Too bad they don't have "injured" smilies so we could pick and chose!

Happy~ Hope the eyes are better. I put a post it on my PC so I remember to use the drops BEFORE I start logging on. Seems to be working much better now. Of course I still have to remind myself to BLINK!! Lordy we need some help down here!!!

Until I just re-read Shad's post I never realized that there really is no difference when talking and ANY MOVING VEHICLE. DUH! How dumb am I. No wonder I keep bumping into things in the house. Between the radio part and the cel phone part, I have been crashing around for awhile now. Well I guess the light is finally on in my head. Thanks!!! Jen's bird wants attention and is trying to eat my mouse cord! Better pet him some. Have a great Thursday. I am cleaning and taking the day off from life.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:42 AM   #133  
Happy September

shad~ I decided to go back and find the wallet story. I not only found that but the answer you gave me too?!?!? I have no idea how I missed them both but I did. Lovely story. A few years ago I bought Jen a necklace with a pendant of a mother and daughter. I have put it away with my life insurance papers so she'll find it in the file cabinet when the time comes. I wanted her to have one last "gift" from her Mom. Glad Simon has Gram back again! OK this time I'm really going to clean!!!
Old 06-24-2004, 04:54 PM   #134  

mel have you any idea how many injured smilies theyd need to have to cope with us lot god almighty the ming boggles had a very wet and tiring jaunt into town with dh today so short and sweet is the result thinking of you all wishing you all well till tomorrow and nae ALL birthdays are important ones so enjoy and jog off if you wish but if not well all be here for you and shad the ming is really boggeling re injury hope it was worth it do tell is he hunky ???? happy i saw the most amazing thing here today i think someone on high thought we needed cheering up and i saw a triple rainbow do wish your dh was here with his camera so beautiful
bye for now
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 06:41 PM   #135  

Maybe I do have some powers I did not know of. Both Linus and Nae appear on the scene after I have posted and I haven't even borrowed LindaT's cattle prod yet. I'm hoping Happy is down in the basement walking away her problems and Teel is practising wheeling her suitcase up and down stairs.

Funny thing about DS's wallet Mel. I found and gave him grandma's one. It was an el cheapo and probably not what he really wanted but he took it anyway. Then in the last 2 days small parcels began appearing in the post. Yep his friends (bless them) have felt sorry for him and he now has 4 new wallets - some of them very expensive leather ones. His boss at the Panel Shop and his wife gave him a real beauty of a wallet so now he has 6 wallets including his grandmothers offering. It's going to be a bit of a dilemma as to which to use!!!! He'll be worse than a woman and her handbags shortly!
Okay, the leg has come right and no I did not do it with Jason, Mel. Naughty, naughty. Jason is 32, he has ginger hair and freckles. He's a nice young man but as all trainers are sadistic, I think I will leave things be - even if he was interested. Today the leg is okay, but I am feeling uncomfortable about a shoulder muscle. Got to be age. This too shall pass, if I ignore it for long enough! No gym today - Body balance tomorrow will make up the 4 gym sessions, but I still have the hour walk to do. Maybe an early morning trot around the bush down the back on Sunday!?!?

Okay, so today is definitely the last of the wall grouting. Only part of a small wall to go and I have run out of grout, so shopping first, grouting, cleaning up again for the floor tiles and get a couple of them down. Such fun. I'm trying hard to get through the weeks challenge this time.

Okay, gotta go. Shops are open, the hoards will get there before me if I am not careful. Time to go.