Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 10:05 PM   #76  

Hello everybody!

Well, I've had a busy several days. I kept my adorable 2 yr old niece, Kaylen, from Saturday until yesterday. We had so much fun with her! Didnt find time to post or exercise any while she was here. I took her home yesterday afternoon. I really hated for her to leave. I dont think her mom and dad would have let me keep her another hour tho...they were missing her by the first nite. My sis called me probably twice a day every day Kaylen was here. I think her feelings were hurt because Kaylen didnt want to take out time to talk to her. Of course, why would she...she rules the roost at Aunt Miki's house.

Reina, I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. It's hard to lose someone suddenly like that. Hope you have a safe trip there and back.

I hope the rest of you are having a nice nite. I was off today but I've got to work the rest of the week. Tomorrow I will start back walking for SURE!! Next week, I plan to work in some weight training also.

Gotta run for now....still lots to do before bedtime. Ya'll have a good day tomorrow!

Miki
Old 10-02-2003, 03:09 PM   #77  
I will make it!

Angry Good Day Ladies

Well I didnt cycle last night...but I most certainly will tonight...its a must! I have to add air to my exercise ball...I will have to attend to that.

I was planning on going hiking this weekend but the weather is forcasting rain for both days...every weekend it seems...rains

I am hooked on survivor...and its friends too...and will and grace...lets just say..its great tv night.

I have to organize my closet...I need to bring forward the winter clothes and put away the summer clothes...its getting rather cold rather fast..it will be 1 degree celcius tonight..almost freezing

Looks like Cyan my furbaby might be providing me with some btu's of warmth ...we havent turned on the furnace yet.

Miki hope you get back to your walking soon ...how cold does it get in your neck of the woods?

Hey Newie...good to hear that things are starting to settle for you...how is your hubby doing with work? Are things better? Is your headache gone?...headaches are the worse.

Hey Taiwan..sorry to hear you are pmsing...mine has been very eradic since I stopped the bc pill...but looks like things are straightening itself out.

Well girls...have a great rest of day. hugs to everyone

Reina...my deepest condolences to you and your family...sorry to hear about your aunt..I hope you are feeling better.

Cyan
Old 10-02-2003, 04:17 PM   #78  

Hi ladies,

just a short note to say that I am trying to get back on track. The past week I had so much junk food that I did a mini-cleansing and tried to drink fruit juice today. Yesterday I had a big mac the first in about 5 years and it really upset my stomach. I have also gained almost all the weight I lost last year and my jeans from last spring do not zipper up...my mini goal is to zipper those jeans!

Hope to be able to write to everyone more next week. we are going for a long weekend to the lake house and won't be back until Tuesday.
Old 10-02-2003, 05:26 PM   #79  

Hey girls! Sorry it's been so long, but you have no idea how horrible I have been feeling.

Well, I'm six weeks preggers today. This week has definitely been the worst so far when it comes to sickness. I don't know why they call it morning sickness and not all day sickness. I've been eating carbs again...not because I have to health wise, but because of cravings. I'm always hungry and if I'm not at home I have to eat whatever is available.

Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled to be in this "condition" but I still need to whine and complain so I can get sympathy. Sympathy from others makes me feel better. (I'm such the narccisist) (sp)

Well, that's all,

Lisa
Old 10-02-2003, 09:07 PM   #80  

Hi everybody!

Hope you all had a nice day. Mine was ok. Eating was so-so and I only got to walk 2 miles, but considering I havent walked in a week, that's an improvement.

Cyan, the weather around here is so unpredictable. For instance, this week the morning temps have been mid40s-50 F, but I heard that by Saturday it may be as high as 82 F again. We rarely get a good snow in the winter, mostly ice, and winter days can vary from freezing down to the low teens. You just never know. This week has been great tho. Hardly any humidity and cool. Highs have been upper 60s. Tonite was perfect walking weather. Never even worked up a sweat.

Debee, have fun at the lakehouse! Try not to snack too much while you're there.

Lisa, poor thing. I don't envy the sickness part of your condition for sure. I never had it very bad, but my sis who is due in Nov was sooo sick at first. I felt so bad for her. You deserve a little whining having to go thru that. Try to be careful with those cravings. Dont want to undo all the good you've accomplished. You definitely need to gain, but hopefully it'll mostly be from baby. I bet the cravings will subside some once your body adjusts to this new phase it's going thru. How is school going? I bet it's tough concentrating while feeling yucky. There's you a big hug from all of us. Hope that helps.

Taiwan, I can relate to the 'joys of boys'. My Josh will be 14 next month and Luke will be 12 in Jan....wish I could tell you it gets better as they get older...but it just gets different. Don't get me wrong...I wouldnt trade them for anything, but they can be trying at times to say the least. Hope you're having a better day today.

Newie, I'm glad you're able to experience being just a wife and mom for now like you used to dream about. I worked several years myself ( about 10 yrs) before I realized that being home was something I really wanted. I still work alot, but it's not nearly as important to me now. I'd much rather be home tending to my house and family. Good for you going past your 2 miles this time!

I hope Reina had a safe trip to Vegas. I too am really worried about LadyRider..just wish we knew what was going on with her.

Well folks, need to get some ironing done. YUCK.

Later!

MIKI
Old 10-03-2003, 09:18 AM   #81  
I will make it!

Talking its friiiiiiiiiiidaaaaaaaaayyyy

Did I ever mention I love fridays!!!

Hey girls...lots to do this weekend..I think I may have mentioned this...I have to rearrange my closet...gotta take out the winter stuff. I also have to shop for the kitties....they put in their order for food.

I gotta take the winter coats to get washed and I have to take out my mother's winter garbs and put away her summer stuff.

Ah the chores never end.

Hey Lisa...hang in their...try not to barf too much...ahh the joys of being pregnant. I send you a there there and a big hug

Well looks like I gotta get working here...

later

Cyan
Old 10-04-2003, 10:19 PM   #82  

Well, we are here. It is cold here, well for us anyway. My parents haven't turned the furnace on and brrrrrrrr!!! it's cold for us tropical weather folks:-)

Lisa, I had all day sickness with Josiah. I had so many colds/ear infections, etc with him. I could have slept 20 hours a day and still be tired. Congrats though!! Whine all you want dear, BTDT:-)

Miki, thanks for the encougarement:-) Some told me that though they pluck a nerve, when it's done, they'll just find another one! Yeah, this too shall pass, to the next level that's all. I love my boys, but sometimes AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Debee, how did the mini-cleansing go? good luck with your goal.

well, I am sure I missed someone, but not on purpose. Love ya ladies!!! seriously, I love coming here and talking with you all.

Have you ever thought about trying something new and really want to, but scared to? I think that's how I am with the SBD. I really want to try it, just think I am psyching myself out. Oh, get this, my sister is having the gasterio----bypass (never can get the whole name right) and she had to have so many dr's appoints. Well, the last one the nutrionist talked to her. Her diet afterwards will be mainly like SBD/Atkins. HIGH PROTIEN low sugar and carbs!! hmmmmmmmmm, vewwwrry interesting isn't it?? Well, I need to get myself to do this SBD I guess. How can I pyske mysefl up for it. Well, I need to go bed soon. Night all
Old 10-05-2003, 12:08 PM   #83  
Blooming Day by Day

Angry

Hi, everyone! Happy Sunday! We're busy here cleaning, etc. Our bed is coming on the 13th. It was supposed to come in late October! Well, I guess that just shows you that things don't happen the way you plan them.

Yes, I do like being home. Actually I am so busy I don't know how I did all I did when I was working. Maybe that's why I had to stop. It just was too much for me. This week I've actually been finishing things. I finished the flower transplanting in my yard--Thursday, it was--despite the fact that right in the middle of the whole process, a yellow jacket bee was hanging around me, and as I swiped it away, it somehow got under my garden glove and stung me on the wrist of my right hand (thank goodness I am left handed). Boy, did it hurt!! I've been stung many times before (as a kid I used to go outside barefooted and would get stung on my feet), but you never know when you could become allergic, so I watch myself for unusual symptoms. Between a baking soda paste and ice, it felt better after a few hours. My hand was sore till the next day, though. I think he got me in a vein that went down into my hand. I was telling my mother-in-law what a bee sting feels like (she's never had one). For me it feels like when you get a shot in the doctor's office, except in the case of the shot, the pain stops when the needle comes out. With a sting, it keeps hurting. Anyway, that was my yard adventure.

Hubby hasn't heard anything about his work either way (I guess no news is good news)--but he is working to improve his performance, get help when he needs it, and ASK QUESTIONS if he doesn't know how to do something. I pray for him every day, and it seems to be good for him. It brings me peace too. I pray that if he is meant to stay with his company, he will be given the skills to do the job, and if he is not, that he will be directed to where he is supposed to be. I pray for myself that if it is meant for me to stay home, I will be given the means. If not, I ask to be told what to do next. I've tried to give up control of the whole situation. To do that really helps me. I don't want to be in charge of so much!! I also will have the chance to sub teach again--November 11--for my Veronica's 7th grade class (she is thrilled, not!), and the principal is giving my name to parents of students who would like to be tutored. So, one day at a time, things are working out. I also got a $300.00 insurance refund check yesterday, just in time to pay 2 bills I didn't have money for (the line of credit hasn't been given final approval yet, though we did get preliminary approval right away after applying--I wish I knew how long it takes for that kind of thing--part of me says to call and ask, and the other part (where God is) says to wait and be patient. I guess I'll wait for a little while longer.

Yesterday hubby went for my walk with me--I told him I walk 2 1/4 miles, but he wanted to do it with me. It practically laid him out--it really shows that you have to build up to being in shape.

Lisa--I feel for you with your all-day sickness. With both of my girls, I was sick for 3 months!!! I never threw up though--I wish I could have. It would have probably made me feel better. Unfortunately the only thing that would make me feel better was to eat, which I did. With each of them, I gained exactly 15 pounds in the first trimester. My craving, and the only thing that would help my sick feeling was--and I know this sounds awful--baked potatoes with margarine, cottage cheese, pepper, and yellow mustard on top! And I always had this awful metallic taste in my mouth--for 9 months. I think that is also why I ate too much--I was always trying to get rid of that taste. Anyway, I know your struggle. I was so happy for the baby, yet I couldn't stand how I felt, and how I wanted to eat, cuz I was thin before my pregnancies. It's rough!! Hang in there!

Taiwan--this cold weather must be really hard to get used to after being in the tropics for so long. I have trouble myself adjusting to cooler temperatures, and I've lived in northern Illinois all my life, so it must be really tough for you. It's supposed to warm up a bit this week here, so maybe you'll get the warm weather soon your way.

Miki, thanks for the encouragement about staying home. I hope and pray that I can do it for a while. It's what I always wanted. I was at home when my girls were tiny, but I found it hard to enjoy that time because hubby was out of work the last half of it, and I had depression the first part. I'm also not a baby person. This is such a blessing for me now, and I have the opportunity to do more of my own thing since the girls are in school from 8-2:30 every day. When they come home, there is time to spend with them, whether it's looking at their school papers, helping with homework, listening to reading, or taking them to their lessons. I also actually feel like making decent dinners. Before, I was always dead by the time I walked in the door, and didn't have the energy to do anything else.

Cyan, I hope you didn't have to spend your whole weekend in your closet switching for the season. I'm going to have to look at a map to see how far north Montreal is. When does it start snowing up there?

Well, got to go. Lots of stuff to do today. More soon. Bye for now.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:31 PM   #84  

Hi ladies!

Hope you're all enjoying your weekend. It's almost over. Too bad they don't last as long as the week does! It was perfect here. High 70's with NO humidity! That's a rarity for sure.

A friend of mine from another thread, under the Exercise heading, sent me a new workout tape to try. She bought it on DVD so she's letting me have the VHS one. It's Tamilee Webb's "I Want That Body". My sis and I did it yesteday morning. Neither of us thought we got in a good workout because of trying to get the routines down right. Sometimes by the time we figured them out, Tamilee was finished and on to the next one. I almost did it again last nite just because I was thinking I didnt accomplish much the first time. Wellll....I'm glad I didnt! This morning I am SORE!! Guess we worked harder than we thought. I love that sore feeling after working out. Makes me feel like it's working. We walked 3 miles today which helped the soreness. We're going to do the tape Mon, Wed, and Fridays and walk the other days. We dont want to give up the walking as long as the weather permits us to keep it up.

Now if I can just get the eating back on track! I'm ready to get back to giving 100% to this healthy lifestyle. I've really been slack lately. I badly want to lose more weight before Christmas!!

Well, gotta run. I just noticed one of my sisters online and want to go talk to her a minute. (the one closest in age to me...she lives a little less than 3 hrs away)

Bye for now..

MIKI
Old 10-06-2003, 09:47 AM   #85  
I will make it!

Angry Good Morning

Ah the pleasures of monday morning at work

My weekend was great! Spent way too much money but on things I needed...I bought kitty food in bulk! I should be good for a few months. I rearranged my closet..It wasnt too bad Newie...it just took be about an hour..if that. I also went through my Mom's closet and cleaned out her old stuff from the eighties...I filled up 6 garbage bags of expensive clothes...My Mom always bought very expensive clothes and always looked impecable..it was her thing! Anyway, I brought them over to non profit foundation who give the clothes to people in need. Her closets were too full of stuff she will never wear again and it was stuff she had in her closet for many many years without wearing them...so I hope she forgives me for giving them away...at least it was given to people in need.

I also bought smoke detectors for the rest of the house...we only had one in the basement...so I picked up three more for the rest of the house.

I did my usual chores..of vacuuming and such..oh my friggin pump for my heater broke so that is hopefully getting fixed today...the house was so cold...ugh!

I ate pretty healthily this weekend...no restaurants...yay! That was so cool not eating out...I didnt do any intentional exercising but I did do lots of housecleaning and the sort.

I am still on my cleansing schedule..actually I am sipping carrot juice mixed in with organic apple juice..yum yum.

Good to hear that everybody is doing well...have a great rest of day and week and I will pop back in later

Cyan
Old 10-06-2003, 12:30 PM   #86  

What can I do, I was so dedicated before and now I lost it. I have nothing left!

Lisa I am so sorry you feel so bad...I remember that feeling when I was on the train to work, or in the car home, or even when I moved in my seat at work! All-day sickness is the right name for that... I hope you feel better soon...

Cyan, I was sooooooooooooooooooo close to ordering sushi on Friday, the waiter was ready to bring it out to me, and I just couldn't but he said, he will pay for my lunch this week, if I try it and don't like it.. So I am going back this week to take the Sushi Plunge :-0

Miki, let me know how the tapes are, I think I have to go back to working out with videos, I just don't have the time to work out...
Keep up the good work with the walking, might just start that with Alex and let him ride his bike, this way, it will be fast walking, because I have to catch up... I am so worried about Lady, I addressed the card to Lady and Bryan so maybe he can get back to me...God forbid something happened to Lady...I just wish I hear something back...

Newie, Are you a CUBS Fan???? I am so excited about the Cubs!!! It has been a very long time and my husband is a die-hard Cubs fan, so the excitement at my house is awesome!!!

Deana, Good luck on the SBD... Try it, and let me know how it works...

Debee, good luck on the zipper dilemma... I am starting to feel like the lost weight has been found again... We need to get back on track and realize what we worked so hard for this past year!

Take care everyone and I hope you have a great week...
Old 10-07-2003, 09:22 AM   #87  
I will make it!

Angry hello Ladies

My heater pump will only be fixed this thursday....ahhhhhh...my house is sooooo cold! Thank goodness Cyan slept with me and provided a little pocket of heat and love for his Momma!

Reina...you have to try sushi....free sushi! oh wow....how lucky..but I am sure you will like it...or maybe you can say you didnt like it and get it for free Let me know how it goes this friday...now i want some! Even my boss has sushi at least once per week...more like a couple of times...thanks to me

Anyway, I didnt exercise last night...I was too cold...so I took a hot bath instead.

Other than that...my cleansing is right on track..I am sipping my carrot apple juice....whole wheat pita with tuna and a mixed green salad for lunch...all is well in the food department.

Alright ladies, have a great day and stay op

Cyan
Old 10-07-2003, 12:26 PM   #88  

Hey girls. Just wanted to check in. I took today off from school as I seem to be getting some upper respiratory gook or something.
Cyan, I'm glad you are getting your heater fixed. Here in Kansas, it's supposed to get up close to 80 degrees. So, I'm putting on shorts.
Baby and I have been doing okay. I seem to be having some spastic colon problems, but I'm managing fine. I have not been staying on Adkins because I'm eating whatever sounds good and a lot of times Adkins friendly food makes me want to vomit. I haven't weighed myself and I don't think I will. Why bother?

Well, that's all for now.

Lisa
Old 10-07-2003, 10:13 PM   #89  
Blooming Day by Day

Hi, everyone! Just a quick check-in--I've been so busy the last few days--cleaning in preparation for our new bed coming Monday--we're switching rooms and cleaning them while we're at it. What a job!! I've been walking 2 1/4 miles a day. It feels really good. I have no idea about my weight. I'm trying to do well on food, but sometimes I don't always do the low carb thing. I'm trying to be moderate with everything and eat only when hungry.

I don't really have time for individual posts, except for one. Reina, I have been a Cubs fan since 1969, when I was 13. I even have a newspaper scrapbook from that year. I was in love with them. All the years of losing have been very sad for me, so I haven't always followed them closely in recent years, but this year seems like it might be theirs. Hubby is even watching them, and he is normally a Sox fan--South Siders, you know. I really want them to win this year, but I'm afraid to be happy yet. I am going right now to catch the end of their first game against the Marlins. Hubby just told me the score's 6-6 in the 6th inning. Hopefully they will pull it out. Well, got to go, everyone. I'll post soon again.
Old 10-08-2003, 03:14 PM   #90  
I will make it!

Angry hey Ladies

Its hump week...thank goodness...I am looking forward to this weekend...its thankgiving For Canadians on monday ...so I get to stay home and chill. Also it looks like the weather is cooperating and it might turn out to be really nice! Yipeeeeeeee.

I would like to go hiking this weekend and take pictures of the fall foliage and of silverbeega!

Food was good today...I had my usual carnation instant breakfast..mid morning snack was a cup 1/2 of grapefruit juice. Lunch was chicken breast about 3 oz with a caesar salad. My snack was a brownie... bad me!

Dinner ... I might pick up some sushi inorder to cut down on fat grams and stay within my limit...not sure yet.

I am gonna get on that darn bike tonight and cycle cycle cycle...I have been very lazy this past week...but I have to get back to my intentional exercises.

Not much else to report...its 3.20 and I wish it was quiting time already..I have worked way to much already .... I should have been born rich..I am more suited to be a woman of leisure

later girls

Cyan
Closed Thread