Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 04:04 PM   #1  

Default 2005 Exercise Diet and Support #1

Welcome, Welcome! I'm glad to see you found your way here. Happy New Year! I'm starting off my first Monday of the New Year very well. I have a positive attitude. This is going to be a great year...I'm going to make it great!

Well, I weighed myself today and while it wasn't great, it wasn't as terrible as I had imagined. I started my low carb lifestyle back up today and it has gone very well. My challenges are going to be drinking more water than pop and exercising. But I already did 3 miles on my exercise bike today! YIPPEE!!!

Okay...so here is my 2005 goals: (in no particular order) Hee hee hee

Lose 50 pounds
Have more energy
graduate from nursing school
get a job!
rejuvinate my marriage
be a better mom

Cyan, I am going to try to do 20 miles a week on the bike..is that a lot? Let me know and lets do challenges together. I hope things are going better for your mom. Let me know how you are doing as well.

Cjunk, Hope you are having a great new year so far!

To all you ladies we haven't seen in a while, hope you are doing well and I miss you!

Lisa
Old 01-03-2005, 06:33 PM   #2  
I will make it!

Default Hey Girls Happy New Year

I am right with you Lisa...I deal with kilometers and I average about 16 to 9 km per night and I cycle 5 to 6 days a week. So here's to us getting this challenge done

I have included two photos of my size 8 jeans and me in them...woo hoo..I am looking hot

I had a meeting with the director of my Mom's residence and the Doctor there...it went well and I am optimistic that things will get sorted out. I am still dealing with a lot of guilt and it is very hard for me. I dont really know what else to say...I try to be the best person I can be and love her as much as I can and visit her as much as I can. Its a horrible horrible illness

Ok Here's to a happy, successful, prosperous, healthy new Year 2005 is gonna rock

take care

Cyan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newjeans2.JPG (16.6 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg newjeans.JPG (17.7 KB, 74 views)
Old 01-03-2005, 08:55 PM   #3  

This is a test
Old 01-04-2005, 12:27 PM   #4  
I will make it!

Hi Ladies

I took the day off from cycling but I did shovel snow..I got a good upper body workout...my new year’s holiday is over so I am back at work today and getting back into my groove.

My Mom is still settling in but slowly I am seeing positive changes is her residence...lets see how things go but I am conciously optimistic. I still miss her very much and I wish she didnt have this horrible illness...She has gotten worse since being in the home but I think it has to do with the adjustment and new environment...lots of feelings of guilt to work through here. I will work on this for the next year ..I think...the good thing is that I see her almost everyday..if not everyday...even if its just for an hour. I hate it so much that she is there...locked up...just thinking about it makes me so sad ..it is overwhelming me.

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: carnation breakfast with skim milk
snack: yogurt
lunch: turkey sandwich on rye bread
dinner: shrimp pasta dish
snack: mixed berries

exercise: cycling and pilates

I also have a friggin sinus cold I am dealing with...I think I was feeling very burnt out from the situation

later

Cyan
Old 01-05-2005, 11:11 AM   #5  

Good morning. This is day 3 for me OP. Last night, though, I had a slight mess up. We lost power for 6 hours! When the power went out, I had bacon wrapped scallops in the oven. So, I didn't get those and at about 8pm, I was frustrated and hungry so I got out a Christmas gift one of my church kids gave me...the makings for Smores. So, the kids and I had graham crackers, Hershey bar and marshmallow by candle light. It was fun. This morning for breakfast I had bacon wrapped scallops. Power is back on, but most of Wichita does not have power. DH even came home early from work because of power loss there. He may even have to stay home today. We'll see. School was cancelled and my son's first karate class was cancelled as well. The dentist even called to cancel my dental appt today. It's very eery looking outside with all the ice. It was very weird last night to see our neigborhood in complete darkness and ice on everything. Anyway, I'm back on progam and today will be a great day!

Lisa
Old 01-05-2005, 12:46 PM   #6  
I will make it!

Hey Lisa

Nice chatting with you yesterday...Yikes on the ice storm...I hope it melts away real soon. Good to hear that you are back on track with the diet.

I cycled 9kms last night...are you keeping up with the challenge? let me know

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: carnation breakfast with skim milk
snack: 1/2 pear
lunch: shrimp and rice noodle stirfry
snack: peach and maybe 125 grams of 6 grain yogurt
dinner: chicken and corn stirfry
beverages: water, tea and diet cola

exercise: cycle and pilates

Have a good day

Cyan
Old 01-05-2005, 02:15 PM   #7  

Well, the weather man said that there will be no melting till Friday at the earliest. In the meantime, we're "chilling out" here at home. Actually, DH took the two older kids to the fish store to get more fish for his fish aquarium. I told him to get some ice melt on his way home for our sidewalks and driveway but he didn't seem too anxious to do that.

Okay, I did the conversion...I actually went online and found a website that will do the math for me. 20 miles equals 32.2 km. So, I've done 6.5 miles so far this week. I have 13.5 more to go. I'll get it. We'll have to keep upping it every week or two to continue to challenge ourselves. This is fun...I'm enjoying it!!!

Well, baby is sleeping so I'm going to go do something fun....scrapbooking maybe....

Lisa
Old 01-06-2005, 10:23 AM   #8  
I will make it!

Last night I checked to see how much I was weighing and much to my surprise I am down a .5 pound this week to a new low of 156 pounds. Yes its only .5 pound but I will take it...my official weigh in is this sunday so maybe I can lose another .5 pound. I have a challenge going with my friend...if I go down to 155.5 and he to 154...well nobody wins anything but if he doesnt, he treats me to a matinee moving of my choice…
And he has been eating beef jerky all week long and belgian chocolate cookies...but somehow ..all he needs to do is cycle in the morning and boom, he is down a pound or two.

I, on the other hand, must exercise nightly, watch what I eat...count calories and in about 7 days lose .5 to 1 pound if I am lucky...then there are those weeks when I am on a plateau and nothing happens… But I just keep plugging away at it...but I am not perfect in my diet or exercise...there are times I will eat lots of chocolate, or lots of food...good food but way to much of it.

Anyway, I was feeling really sick last night...even left work early...went home, took a hot bath...too stronger sinus cold medication and had dinner and went to bed...Yes I slept and relaxed in my bed the whole evening and this morning I feel better for it...lets just hope I can last the whole day today and not have to leave early again.

I didnt visit my Mom yesterday..its been two days so tonight I will go even if its just to say a quick hello...I feel very bad for not going but I have been sick and I dont want to make her sick either. So I am off to the residence after work...thank goodness its close by my house.

We are expecting a storm tonight...all I need ...to drudge through the snow to get to her and then drudge home. ack!
I hate winter

Anyway, Meal Plan for today
breakfast: carnation breakfast with milk
snack: peach/pear
lunch: tuna sandwich on whole wheat
snack: 6 grain rapsberry yogurt
dinner: crab and potato salad

exercise: dont know ...depends how I feel

Have a good day

Cyan

Ps Lisa..I didnt cycle last night...too sick...dont know if I will tonight...will keep you posted.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:56 AM   #9  
I will make it!

I am so thankful its friday...I cant wait to sleep in tomorrow morning. I fell on the ice yesterday morning and landed on my right wrist...so now its swollen and hurts...makes it very hard to use the mouse and type..its not broken ...just sore.

I went to see my Mom yesterday and she has been urinating constantly on herself for the last two days I have not been there. The staff has assured me that they take her to the bathroom reguarly even filling out a form to indicate when and who took her. They say that my Mom refuses to use the toilet...I am at witts end...I dont thing they are lying to me...My Mom can be very stubborn...but in her mental state, she does not have the ability to conive and plan...so it is very upsetting as to why she is doing this now. I feel such a great saddness...it is so upsetting to see her there. All she kept telling me yesterday is that she is alone...she has no one...she is alone....I felt tortured listening to her. I wish I could make that illness go away. I generally get the feeling that the nursing home is getting their act together… I just wish they would of done it sooner...I suspect that if that first week, they would of taken her to the bathroom, she would not of taken the habit of unrinating on herself. I just want to scream...just scream at the world...get it all out.

I still have a crappy cold...but at least I am not feverish. I did manage to cycle last night for 20 minutes...6kms...its actually stress relieving to cycle for me.

Oh ..this morning...some f***er blocked my driveway completely so I could not take out my car.... We had a huge snow storm so this arse took advantage of my driveway and parked there...regardless of the two no parking signs I have posted on my driveway door. You cant see my car because it is behind a big door.

I need my car this evening so I am hoping he will be gone this morning...I called the city this morning and they said they would be by to give him a ticket and if the car was still there this evening...they would tow it away...which means I have to call back again and wait a few hours for them to show up and tow it....how frustrating...I cant drive my car because disrespecting motorists block my driveay knowing full well they cannot park there.

Ok enough complaining.... So I stuck to my food plan last night...and today’s meal plan is

Breakfast: carnation breakfast with skim milk
lunch: frozen individual size frozen pizza (didnt feel like cooking last night)
snack: 6 grain yogurt
dinner: indian style chicken korma with rice

exercise: I think I will be shovelling tons of snow this evening

Oh I am going for a delicious sushi dinner tomorrow night...ooo cant wait

have a great weekend

Cyan
Old 01-07-2005, 12:59 PM   #10  

TGIF...although it has felt like Saturday for the past 3 days due to school being cancelled and not going anywhere. Last night my father-in-law and sister-in-law came over for some warm food as they have been without power now for 3 days. I fed them some warm lasagne and garlic cheese bread, soda, hot chocolate and banana bread. I welcomed the opportunity to use my new kitchen and as hubby works nights, all I ever get to do is heat up a corn dog or mac and cheese for the kids. My sis-in-law ended up staying the night along with their dog Keeper who slept under the covers all night long. He is part human I believe. The temperatures here are frigid! My mother-in-law is on her way home from Phoenix. Boy, is she in for a rude awakening. I invited her to stay here if she wishes.

Okay...well, last night I cycled for 6 miles. That is 12.05 miles for me this week. I have 8 more to go. I can do it. I'll do 6 more tonight and then it will smooth sailing tomorrow. We are going to have to up this challenge...I'm already thinking 30 miles next week. We can do it!!!

Here is my meal plan for today:

Breakfast: 3 fried eggs

Lunch: stuffed chicken breast

Dinner: ? don't know yet...

Snacks will be low carb candy bars/ low carb root beer float/ nuts

Have a great day!

Cyan, things will get better....hang in there!

Lisa
Old 01-12-2005, 09:34 AM   #11  
I will make it!

Good Day Ladies

I went to see my Mom yesterday and after being there a few minutes...she told me she needed to go to the bathroom..so I took her and she went without incident. My Dad also told me the same thing when he went earlier on in the day. Also, I was the one that told them I wanted to know who was taking her to the bathroom and when and if they were successful and to write it down in a diary in the hopes that it would encourage the staff to be regular about taking my Mom to the the bathroom. Begrudingly they started this but yesterday I noticed that it was not filled in the afternoon...so they did it for 5 days and already they are slacking off about writing it down. I also asked for a copy of my Mom’s new meds and went over it with my friend who is a doctor to make sure the doses are right and that they are not sneaking in any meds I dont approve. My Mom cried yesterday a few times...you can tell she was upset about being there and maybe she had one of those days when she knows she is very sick and realizes what this disease has done and is doing to her. Needless to say it took every strenght in my being not to break down and cry with her. It is so upsetting to see her in this state....I just gave her big hugs and walked with her and held her...what else could I do? I hate this illness like you have no idea. I washed her clothes last night so I will go back tonight to see if my Dad brought them over for me today.

I lost another .5 pound thus far this week...I weighed in this morning at I was at 155 pounds down from 155.5pounds...I am hoping to lose another .5 pound and hopefully see 154.5...that would be a hoot. But I havent been exercising this week..no cycling...I will tonight...I will get back on the bike and cycle for at least 20 minutes.

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat
lunch: chili con carne with beans
dinner: smoked meant sandwich on rye with spinach nuggets
snack: 24 carrot fruit smoothie and yogurt

exercise: cycling

Have a great day everyone

Cyan
Old 01-13-2005, 10:42 AM   #12  
I will make it!

I had a post all written out and I didnt post it right and now..its all gone...I hate having to rewrite things

Anyway, as I was saying...my uni course was cancelled for tonight...the teacher is sick..which suits me fine because I am still getting over my cold...my immune system was seriously compromised because it has taken me two weeks to feel better. But I have taken steps to boost my immune system and I already feel better.

I havent cycled all week so tonight its time for me to get back on the bike. I am also going to see My Mom so that will be good.

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat reduced pb
lunch: manicotti with meat sauce
dinner: grilled chicken breast with spinach nuggest and side green salad
snacks: 24 carrot fruit smoothie and 6 grain yogurt

exercise: cycle and floor exercises

Have a great day

Cyan
Old 01-13-2005, 07:12 PM   #13  

Hey Gals,

I am writing this thread from Fernie British Columbia, it is a ski resort in the mountains of the Kootenay Range. I have been here since Sunday night and have skiid Monday to yesterday each day but took today off as it is a balmy minus 30 degrees outside. So I went into the town and did some shopping, bought some souvenirs and then came back and washed my under-gear stuff as it smells like 3 days of skiing!!!

My legs are holding up okay so far although I certainly know that I am working out!! I hope to take a 2.5 hour lesson tomorrow afternoon as the runs here are a lot harder than I expected and I am a fairly new skiier (2 years new) with a lot to learn!!!

I have been exercising a lot but had cheese fondue for dinner last night which is not so healthy but it certainly was damn great!!!

Cyan, I was reading your posts and it seems that there is very little your mom has control over lately, so maybe she is wanting to be in control and is using other methods to do so. I could totally understand that. It would be hard for her to see others in later stages of the illness to see where things might progress for her--not to mention the big adjustment for you and your dad too. I am sorry to hear that you are going through this with your mom and my thoughts are with you.

Lisa, congratulations on all the cycling you are doing!! You must be really enjoying your new home as well. I looked at the layout and it looked beautiful, not to mention the great kitchen!!!

Talk to everyone soon,

Cjunk
Old 01-18-2005, 11:48 AM   #14  
I will make it!

I am in a deep freeze
it is -24C and with wind chill it is -36C ...I should of stayed home under my bed covers!! The radiator behind my desk doesnt work...so I am freezing...my hands are frozen and my sinuses kill..if I wasnt bogged down with lots of work..I would go home now.

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat
lunch: chicken breast with bell pepper, onion, hummus and pickles
dinner: tuna salad with boston lettuce, onion
snack: cherries and fruit smoothie

exercise: cycling and pilates

I cycled last night and did floor exercises but my Dad brought home a big mac...Yes I ate it...darn him for bringing it home...it was cold too...ack!! Anyway, I also had lemon pie afterward..yes he brought that too...sigh...he just doesnt get that I am on a diet...so needless to say...I had like 2100 calories yesterday...man I havent eaten over 2000 in a long long time.

so back on the wagon tonight and I am so afraid to weigh myself...I will wait till this weekend and then be brave enough to see the number.

I will go visit my Mom tonight in this frigid temperature...but I am looking forward to seeing her..here is to hoping that she has been going to the toilet on her own and that she is dry when I see her.

hugs

Cyan

Hope you are having a blast Cjunk!!
Old 01-18-2005, 11:19 PM   #15  

Well, I haven't posted in a while...and you know what that means??? Well, I'll tell you. It means I've been eating like a pig!! However, today, even though I ate poorly, I also went to the gym this morning and did 30 minutes on the treadmill going 1.8 miles and burning 225 calories. I back up to 201 pounds with is only 1 pound less than I was when I weighed in a couple of weeks ago. I had gotten all the way down to 197 and then I went and sabotaged myself. I don't know if you have been watching the new show on TV "The Biggest Loser," but I am so addicted to it. It is so inspiring! I can commit to exercise, but it's the food I just can't get a handle on. Do I do low carb? low fat? low calories? high protein? I don't know what to do. I had my cholesterol checked the other day and it was 202...which is not good. So anyway, I'm a little frustrated, but not giving up!

Today school starts for me. I'm up late working on that. Baby is sick. He's been throwing up for two days and now I think diarrhea is starting. Wonderful.

That's all for now!

Lisa
Closed Thread