Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 09:27 PM   #91  
Blooming Day by Day

Hi, everyone! I was watching the Cubs game, but I got tired of sitting in front of the TV. Hubby yells when something good happens, so I get to come and see the highlights. They lost last night but are leading 5-0 in the early innings. It would be so-o-o nice to see them in the World Series. They haven't won a championship since 1908.

My day was pretty uneventful today. I was tired from doing too much cleaning in these two rooms, so I didn't sleep well last night, which then made me even more tired today. I spent the morning at mother-in-law's. She had a telephone man in installing some stuff they want everyone to have, and she didn't want to be alone in the house with a workman. Then when I went home, I rested for two hours. After I picked up my girls from school, I washed part of a wood floor and moved furniture for about 2 hours. I'm making good progress on the room switch, but I'm getting sick of the heavy cleaning and disorganization involved. I am continuing to walk in the morning--2 1/4 miles daily--tomorrow I have to skip because I am taking daughter to the orthodontist for a morning appointment. Maybe I'll walk in the afternoon, before I pick girls up from school. The walking gives me time to meditate and pray--gives me strength for the day--and also gets me fit. I really find it an important part of my morning.

I have to say, Reina and Cyan, that I will not be joining you in the sushi club. I'm not much of a fish person, even when it is cooked; I can't imagine eating it raw---ugh! More power to the two of you, though.

I've eaten a few animal crackers in the last two days. I have to be so careful of stuff like that. I am trying to eat more protein and veggies and fewer grains overall these days. I am just more satisfied that way. I also lose the weight better. I weighed myself tonight. I'm the same, from what I can tell from an evening weigh-in.

Well, I'm going to go now. Talk to everyone later. Bye for now. P.S. Cubs/Marlins score is now 6-0--Cubs ahead.
Old 10-09-2003, 01:19 PM   #92  
I will make it!

Angry Hey Ladies

Just a quick note...waaaaay to busy at work...I dont even have enough time to eat!

Anyway...Ohhhhh Sushi is the best...I am so addicted ..Its not even funny I am always wanting to sushi...although Newie...not all sushi is raw and not all sushi is fish...there is tons of stuff to choose from...delicious

I did ok last night...i didnt have the sushi..instead I had manicotti with a mixed baby green salad...quite good...I had left overs so I had it for lunch today.

Now once again..dont know what to have for lunch!

Oh I cycled for 8.1 km last night...thats about 25 minutes! I hope I have an encore tonight and cycle some more..although I am aiming to use my exercise ball!

We'll see...take care all

Cyan
Old 10-09-2003, 05:18 PM   #93  

Well, thought I'd drop a note before taking Joshua to karate. Luke is mowing the grass and has Josiah with him on the riding mower. Joshua is playing at a friends house for about 15more minutes.

Haven't done the SBD yet--I am lazy what can I say. Haven't exercised either. I really need to get moving. In all honesty, I can see the SBD plan working. Maybe not going on it all the way, but just doing a truly low carb lifestyle. I don't want to go through the two weeks strict phase--I know I am a scaredy cat!!!---but just weaning myself off stuff may just work. What do you all think? I am drinking some more water, though need to drink more. Exercise, I need help girls. My clothes still fit at least,so I can still buy a size 16, but would like to be a size 14 at least.
well, it has gotten quiet outside,surely Lukes not done so soon---nope,just tired of holding Josiah in his lap. well, I need to make sure I watch him now. My mom says Josiah is God getting back at me for being an "active" child--hahahahahaha!!!!
Ok, crying going on. talk to you all later.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:13 PM   #94  
Blooming Day by Day

Hi, everyone! I had a good day today. I took my oldest to the orthodontist to see if she will need any permanent teeth extracted because there isn't enough room in her mouth, and her bicuspids (eye teeth) can't come in. Thankfully, we don't. They are going to try to reshape her bite--it's too flat, and hopefully that will make enough room for the two teeth that are stuck in her gums. Poor kid! She's been having orthodontia since she was 8 years old. She'll be 13 next week. No wonder she's crabby.

Okay, Cyan--you got me! I obviously have a very limited understanding of what sushi is, so I'm going to need you to explain it to me so I don't go through the rest of my life with misinformation plus a narrow view on the subject. Let me tell you what I know. My understanding is that it is a Japanese food. I think a college friend of mine (a Japanese girl) took me to a Japanese restaurant MANY years ago and told me about it, but I can't remember if I ate any or many of the facts about it. I do remember not feeling good about it. I remember things rolled up--kind of like a jelly roll--seaweed, rice, fish. I've heard of people getting sick from eating raw fish sushi, which is why I think I remembered it as basically raw fish. Please, tell me which of my "facts" aren't facts, and what I am missing from my memory.
I'm looking forward to what you can share about it.

Well, I don't have anything else to report, except that I ate some cheese crackers today. I hope I am not toying with dangerous territory with a high carb snack. I know I could get addicted again. I didn't walk this afternoon. I missed it too. I'll be back out there tomorrow morning. I've made progress on my cleaning too--moving some clutter to the basement to deal with on better terms--in other words procrastinating.

I hope everyone is doing okay. It's practically Friday, so that will be good. Bye for now.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:22 PM   #95  

Hi ladies,

Well, I decided to take some drastic measures to start losing weight again....I signed up next tuesday for a "body wrap"` at a spa...you are suppose to lose at least five inches after a few sessions. The results don't last forever but it is suppose to detox you. I thought it would at least motivate my brain cells if not my fat cells.

I also went to the natural food store and bought my hummus and rye crisp snack food and the adkins book. I started to think about it doing it for weeks and my neighbor told me he is on it and lost weight. Deana, do you know the difference between adkins and the south beach diet?

Reina, it sounds like you need to be motivated as much as I do now. Do you want to be my co-chairman of the zipper club? By the end of the month we have to lose enough weight to zipper up easily without holding our breath our tighest jeans. Anyone else in?

My downfall lately has been sweets ...too many halloween candies already in this house. I also have been eating lots of pasta. Comfort food I guess. I need to get myself motivated again!
Old 10-09-2003, 10:40 PM   #96  

Hi everybody!

I'm kind of behind on all the posts. Been busy this week so havent been online much.

I'm loving the new exercise tape I'm using right now. The 30 minutes literally FLIES by which is a big plus. My sis and I do the tape on Mon, Wed, and Friday and walk the other days.

My eating is still not great. I started out ok yesterday with oatmeal but ended up working thru lunch. Got hungry and all that was available in the break room was Cherry Cheesecake. Healthy lunch huh? Had a hamburger and Baked Lays chips last nite. Today was better but I really need to work more on eating right. My eating sometimes defeats the whole purpose of all my exercise I think.

Weather is still in the 70s here. Really nice for walking. Cyan I hope you got that heater fixed today. Being cold is sooo miserable!

Lisa glad to hear you and baby are doing well, just sorry you've got that upper respiratory junk. Feeling better today??

Newie, I've never tried sushi either. Just the name gets me, I think. Hey, so the scale stayed the same...that's better than gaining right?

Taiwan, what your mom said was so funny! How does Joshua like karate? My dh was into karate several years back..actually got his black belt. My kids have never taken it tho. Phil said it was a great workout. He was in much better shape back then because of it.

Hi Debee! The "body wrap" is a big fad around here right now. A co-worker of mine actually lost about 15 inches in just 2 sessions! I just dont understand exactly what you lose and where it goes. Glad you mentioned hummus...I havent had it in ages..had forgotten all about it. Gonna have to get out and get myself some. I love it. (thanks to Cyan, who was the first I had ever known to eat it)

Reina, have you had a chance to start walking with Alex? I promise you'll feel great once it's done. I'm to the point now where I get in a BAD mood if I cant get my walk in. You might like the tape I'm doing. It's Tamilee Webb's "I Want that Body". Total body workout in 30 min. and it's not hard at all, but I was sore after the very first time I did it.

Well, I need to go. Just got home from a "Donkey Basketball" fundraiser game at the kids' school. Anyone ever seen one?? They actually have a basketball game where each player rides a donkey and can only shoot while sitting on one. The animals are really stubborn and the players are on the floor about as much as they are on the donkey. It was hilarious.

Tomorrow is Friday....Cyan's favorite day! Enoy it everyone.

Miki
Old 10-10-2003, 10:21 AM   #97  
I will make it!

Sushi is the most famous Japanese dish outside of Japan, and one of the most popular dishes among the Japanese themselves who usually enjoy sushi on special occasions.

During the Edo period, "sushi" was pickled fish conserved in vinegar. Nowadays sushi can be defined as a dish containing rice which has been prepared with sushi vinegar. There are many different types of sushi. Some popular ones are:

Nigiri
Small rice balls with fish, etc. on top. There are countless varieties of nigirizushi, some of the most common ones being tuna, shrimp, eel, squid, octopus and fried egg.

Gunkan
Small cups made of sushi rice and dried seaweed filled with seafood, etc. There are countless varieties of gunkanzushi, some of the most common ones being sea urchin and various kinds of fish eggs.

Norimaki
Sushi rice and seafood, etc. rolled in dried seaweed sheets. There are countless varieties of sushi rolls differing in ingredients and thickness. Sushi rolls prepared "inside out" are very popular outside of Japan, but rarely found in Japan.

Temaki
Temakizushi (literally: hand rolls) are cones made of nori seaweed and filled with sushi rice, seafood and vegetables.

Oshizushi
Oshizushi is pressed sushi, in which the fish is pressed onto the sushi rice in a wooden box.

Inari
Inarizushi is a simple and inexpensive type of sushi, in which sushi rice is filled into aburaage (deep fried tofu) bags.

Chirashi
Chirashizushi is a dish in which seafood, mushroom and vegetables are spread over sushi rice.

Note that "sushi" becomes "zushi" in word combinations in which "sushi" is the second word, e.g. nigirizushi.

The good old USA has come up with the now venerable California roll which contains avocadoes and imitation crabmeat. Other creations now use mayonnaise, tuna (yes, it was not used in traditional sushi!), beef chicken and cheese.

Many people do not know the difference and misuse the terms:

"sushi" :

vinegared rice served with pieces of something else - not necessarily raw fish, and not necessarily fish at all. The majority of the times people use the term "sushi," they are referring to the rice with raw fish, but not always. Sushi can come in the individual (about two bite-size) pieces that may be called "nigiri-sushi." Or it can come in rolls cut up in to pieces (probably called "maki-sushi"). The rolls make for a bit easier eating, so if someone is self-conscious about how he/she is going to look eating it, the "maki-sushi" might be the way to go. [It's possible that you may see "sushi" spelled as "zushi" in these combinations. I don't think it makes much difference in the pronunciation.]

"sashimi" :

always means raw fish without the rice. (I would prefer always to eat sashimi but without the rice filling me up, I would never stop and run up a bill the size of the national debt!)

Oh dear... Now I have to have sushi this weekend...perhaps a little sashimi too....YUM

Hey Miki...I didnt know that I was the first person you knew that ate Hummus! Thats so cool...funny enough ...I seem to be the person that introduces new foods to most of my friends! If you like hummus...you would like babbaganoush ..not quite sure of the spelling but instead of chickpea ...they use eggplant...and its soooooooo good as a spread...yum yum yum

well later ladies...yay its friday...have a great weekend...its thanksgiving here in Canada ...so Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Cyan
Old 10-10-2003, 06:46 PM   #98  
Blooming Day by Day

Hi, everyone! Busy day today--I cleaned two area rugs with this powdered rug cleaner I use called Capture--have to use something like this because of my daughter's allergy to mold--and varnished a piece of molding to fit a place where one was missing in our new bedroom--we took it out a couple of years ago to put a phone jack in, and it broke. I also got word that our home equity line of credit is approved. Hallelujah!! Now we can get rid of the credit card companies. We are cutting all but one low-limit card up. Closing on the transaction will be October 25--just in time for the November bills. Anyway, slowly but surely we are making progress. It's nice weather--low '70's and sun--but I know cold weather is just around the corner.

Thank you, Cyan, for all the information on sushi--I really didn't know there was so much to it.

Miki, it was good to hear from you. Take some time for yourself this weekend. It sounds like you are incredibly busy. I know what you mean about not feeling the same if you don't get your exercise in. I have begun to feel that way about walking, especially as I am walking longer distances. A day without walking (and the prayer/meditation I do during it) isn't just as good as a day with it. Also, I love donkey basketball!! I saw my first game when I was in high school, and when I was teaching, the school where I worked sponsored it once. You're right. It is hysterical. I love it when the players try to make the donkeys move, and they won't, and they push, pull, anything to get them to go, and they just won't budge! It's a riot!

Well, everybody, I'm going to go surfing for a few minutes before I put the baked chicken in the oven. Tonight it's two things--moving our computer and its desk from one room to another, and watching the Chicago Cubs game. They were wild the other night--took the Marlins 12-3. I'm hoping we'll have another win tonight. This weekend hubby is going to wash the room where the new bed will go, except the floor. That's my job. Actually getting down on my hands and knees is pretty good exercise. I'm glad not to have to do wall and ceiling. My shoulders and neck are on the weak side from a whiplash I received 20 years ago, and wall/ceiling washing makes me very sore. Instead I'm going to catch up on the flower bed at the church that I take care of. Let's say that I haven't taken care of it for a while, so it doesn't look too good. Have a nice weekend, all!
Old 10-10-2003, 09:54 PM   #99  

Wow Cyan...you're a walking sushi dictionary! Thanks for the interesting info. I had no idea it was so involved. Hummus is actually hard to find around here and I dont know of anywhere near here that even serves sushi. We have Chinese restaurants, but not any Japanese ones. I'd probably have to drive a couple of hours to find sushi so I doubt I try it anytime soon.

Newie, glad to hear your credit line was approved! That has got to be a load off your mind, especially with Christmas getting closer on top of all the bills. I hope you have nice weather this weekend so you can get your flower bed done. I have to work tomorrow but I'll get off by 4 so I hope to still be able to walk afterwards.

Ladies, hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Miki
Old 10-13-2003, 07:42 PM   #100  

Ok ladies...it's been 3 days since anyone came to post and I'm lonesome in here!!
Old 10-14-2003, 09:23 AM   #101  
I will make it!

Angry Good Morning Ladies

I had a wonderful 3 day weekend ...it was thanksgiving for us Canucks this past monday.

Miki...hugs to you for feeling lonely. Have you weighed yourself lately?

I plan on not getting on the scale until the american thanksgiving...by then, lets pray that I have lost a few pounds!

I saw Kill Bill this weekend...very good...Tarantino is so good...I love his angle on things...very quirky.

hey Newie..looks like you have been very busy and your house must be spotless!!

Oh I didnt have sushi this weekend but I did go shopping for winter trousers! I hate shopping because it reminds me that I am not losing weight...I bought from the petite section because this way I dont have to hem the trousers but they were a size 14p....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the size 12p were too snug and I don't like tight clothes! What an eye opener...I guess its making me more determined than ever. Sizes are so strange...I could me anywear from a size 10 to a size 14 depending on the the brand name of the clothes.

Ok enough ranting...I gotta get to work.

Later ladies

hey what sizes are you gals wearing?

Cyan
Old 10-15-2003, 12:39 AM   #102  
Blooming Day by Day

Angry

Hi, everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, but it's been very busy here. Our new bed came in yesterday--it's beautiful!! I also had a little extra money, so I bought inexpensive side tables and lamps to finish off the room. We deserve to have something nice. Cyan, I wish I could say my whole house was spotless, but unfortunately it's not--maybe two rooms are clean, but this is an old (built in 1941), dusty, 4 bedroom house with dining room, living room, kitchen, 1 1/2 baths, sewing room, a full unfinished basement full of stuff from the upstairs--and really neglected for the last 6 years except for the bare minimum to keep it decent. I've missed working on our house so much. I'm a sewer/crafter/creative type, and I just haven't had time to do much of this over the last few years with work and all. Now I am getting my chance. I like things clean and pretty, but not necessarily expensive. I figure it will take me 6 months to a year to really get things the way I want them. I'm just taking it a day at a time, and making sure I take time for myself each day so I don't burn myself out.

The question was raised about clothes sizes. I wear in pants a size 16. I'm just the tiniest bit too tall (5'4") for petite pants usually. Sometimes I'll get lucky and petites will run long. Mostly, though, I just cut off the misses' sizes. I really hate that. What a pain! My size in tops is a little more uncertain, since I lost the 11 pounds. Before, I was wearing an 18, but now that size is too big for me. I am guessing I probably wear a 16 in a top too, or a 1X. Size XL right now is probably too narrow in the shoulders for me. My shoulders are broad, and my arms are long. I come from broad shouldered Irish stock on my father's side. I've been told many times over the years that I don't look as large as the size I wear. Anyway, I am getting tired. It's about time to hit that new bed. I didn't walk today because I volunteered at the school, and it rained all day as well. I need a good walk tomorrow. More soon. Bye for now.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:18 AM   #103  
I will make it!

Smile Great Article

Hi Girls...this article is written by Anthony Ellis, a fitness expert. Very interesting read

Hi,

They’re at it again. Spurred by a truly disturbing increase in the number of
overweight and obese Americans – and a parallel rise in type 2 diabetes –
doctors and federal health officials are building new food pyramids and issuing
new guidelines on what seems like an almost daily basis. Unfortunately, these
brand new strategies usually contradict the guidelines we’re used to. What’s
more, they often contradict each other.

So what’s the fuss about? A super-sized portion of excess pounds. According to a
March 2002 Harris Poll reported on CNN, 80% of people over 25 are overweight,
based on their body mass index. In 1995 the figure was 71%. In 1990 it was 64%
and in 1983, just 58%.

That’s a remarkable rise in so short a time and experts agree it constitutes an
“epidemic” of overweight. What they don’t agree on is why Americans are
expanding so much and so fast.

* Lack of exercise. Virtually everyone agrees that Americans don’t move as much
or as fast as they should. But there’s been concern about our sedentary
lifestyle since at least the 50s so it’s hard to see our couch potato status as
causing the sudden rise in overweight.

* Tasty, inexpensive fast food meals. There has already been one lawsuit based
on the idea that a fast food outlet caused two young people to become
overweight,

* Increasingly generous portion sizes both in restaurants and at home.

* A general failure on the part of Americans to do the right thing. This view
was summed up nicely by Dr. Louis Aronne of Cornell University’s Weill Medical
College who told CNN “If Americans were to make the effort to manage their
weight using a variety of options, including better nutrition, more exercise,
approved medications or even surgical approaches, we would be rewarded with
significantly better health.”

====================
Too good to be true
====================

The top suspect in many peoples’ opinion is the United States Department of
Agriculture’s food pyramid. Published in 1992, it replaced earlier charts that
simply grouped foods together and offered the common sense advice that everyone
should eat foods from each group – in moderation – every day.

The new pyramid, on the other hand, ranked foods -- with carbohydrates (up to 11
portions a day!) as its base and fats and oils at its “use sparingly” top. The
implication was clear: carbohydrates were “good” foods, fats were “bad” ones. It
was a very short step from there to the idea that it was fine to eat all the
safe and healthy carbohydrates you wanted as long as you avoided fats.

At the time, plenty of people wondered how this could be true. After all,
everyone knew that if you ate more calories than you used you’d gain weight –
whether those calories came from sirloin or spaghetti. But the idea was so
attractive it was hard not to at least give it a chance.

After all, if it were true, you could make mashed potatoes with skim milk and a
bit of diet margarine – and then eat the whole bowlful. Half a loaf of crusty
French bread was fine as long as you skipped the butter. And pasta – modestly
dressed in low-fat tomato sauce -- became the queen of the dinner table.

To make things worse, the food industry climbed on the bandwagon. Taking all or
most of the fat out of foods took most of the taste with it but food processors
soon discovered that if you replaced that fat with plenty of sugar, things
tasted good again. And with that Snackwell cookies – and all their competitors –
were born.

The results, as they say, are weight gain “epidemic” history.

======================
Reshaping the pyramid
======================

Today, the federal government is working on reshaping its pyramid – and so are a
number of other groups. A Newsweek cover story, enticingly titled “The Perfect
Diet” explored some of the alternatives, including one new pyramid devised by
scientists from the Harvard School of Public Health. This new chart breaks up
the old food groups (like meats, fruit, dairy and grains) and ranks foods solely
on whether they are healthy sources of nutrition. Whole grains and vegetable
oils rank best; red meat, white rice, pasta, potatoes and sweets rank worst.

There is some very good science behind this new pyramid including data from
large, carefully controlled studies. At the same time, it’s hard to accept the
idea that rice and pasta are bad for you when the Asian and Mediterranean diets
have consistently proven to be exceptionally healthy.

Just to make things even more confusing there’s no shortage of other diet plans
designed by experts.

* The Atkins diet scraps carbohydrates in favor of fats and protein.

* The Zone diet, favored my many athletes, includes all kinds of foods but
requires very specific percentages of fat, carbohydrate and protein.

* The Ornish diet, which is largely vegetarian, allows only 10% of calories from
fat.

All claim to help you lose weight and gain energy, good health and protection
from various diseases. And they do – for some people some of the time.

==========================
Time to think for yourself
==========================

You wouldn’t buy a car that was perfect for cross-country trips if you lived and
drove in Chicago. And you wouldn’t buy a makeup that was perfect for Nordic
blondes if your coloring was Mediterranean. So why put your faith in any diet
plan that doesn’t respect who you are and how you live?

To lose weight – and keep it off – you’re going to need to think for yourself,
gather the information you need, consult experts if necessary and take a
realistic approach. The following steps are a good start.

1. Consider your health. If you have problems like diabetes, high blood pressure
or heart disease talk to your doctor before you begin any diet.

2. Consider your ancestors. Did your grandmother have diabetes? Did your aunt
fall and break her hip? Does your dad have a heart condition? Having a relative
with a particular condition doesn’t mean you are sure to have the same problem
but it does mean you should try to eat in ways that help prevent that problem.
You can learn more about the relationship between various conditions and diet
from your doctor or a nutritionist. You can also find information at the library
or on line.

3. Consider WHY you eat. If you’re doing it to calm down or cheer up you may
need to make some stress-reducing changes in your life before you can lose
weight successfully. A talk with your doctor or a counselor might make a real
difference.

4. Consider family demands. If you leave work, pick up your children at the
sitter, stop at the market and arrive home at six with two cranky, hungry kids,
a meal that requires an hour of preparation and cooking is a really bad idea. So
is a meal that neither child will touch.

5. Consider your lifestyle. If your job and commute take nine or ten hours a day
and you also have to clean house, tend the yard, run the errands and spend time
with your spouse and kids, you‘re probably not going to get much out of a health
club membership.

6. Consider your tastes. A diet that forbids all the foods you like or insists
on foods you can’t stand might work for a week or two but certainly isn’t going
to become a lifelong way of eating. Yes, you may have to cut down on some foods
you enjoy – even save them for very special occasions. But eating is too
important a part of life to turn it into an unpleasant experience.

7. Consider your budget. Fresh fruits and vegetables can be expensive,
especially in winter. So, unfortunately, can fish. Look for ways to save money
on other food purchases – for example by not buying snack foods, soda, sweets
and other low-nutrition foods. And do try using canned and frozen fruit and
vegetables in your recipes. They are actually often higher in nutrients than
fresh and are usually substantially less expensive.

=======================
Find what works for you
=======================

Once you’ve thought all those issues through, it’s time to come up with
realistic weight loss strategies that will actually work for you.

If your budget allows, a nutritionist can be a real help in doing this because
he or she can design meals that will appeal to you (and your family), provide
good nutrition, and keep you from being hungry all the time. If you’re designing
a diet program on your own, be prepared to try new strategies, evaluate them,
then keep what works and scrap the rest. Strategies you might try include:

* Simply not buying low-nutrition foods like cookies and candy. If they aren’t
in the house, you probably won’t get up and drive to the store to get them when
you’re in the mood for a diet-busting sweet. (If you want to keep some sweets
for the children, choose ones you don’t like.)

* Make it a point to snatch small bits of exercise during the day. Take the
stairs, offer to be the one who walks to the corner store for lunch. Park as far
away from the entrance as possible.

* If you’re dining out and the portions are huge, set half aside to take home –
then focus on how nice it’s going to be not to have to cook dinner tomorrow.

* Be creative. You’ll probably come up with some entirely new strategies
tailored especially for you.

Finally, be patient with yourself. If something doesn’t work consider it a
learning experience rather than a failure. And remember that finding a way of
eating that helps you lose weight and keep it off is worth however much time and
effort it takes.

====================
Where to get started
====================

For those wanting to learn more about how to diet and weight train to help lose
fat and build muscle I highly recommend Tom Venuto's ebook, Burn the Fat, Feed
the Muscle. To read more, just go to http://www.fatlosstips.com/burnfat

It's great for those wanting to incorporate weight training and dieting for
maximum fat loss.

Sincerely,

Anthony Ellis
http://www.fatlosstips.com/burnfat
Old 10-15-2003, 06:05 PM   #104  

Hi ladies,

It is a very windy day...there was a live wire down the street that I almost ran over with the car this afternoon...cops and fireman came down the street screaming at me...what a close call!

Well, hopefully I will not lose this post before the power goes off.

I went on tuesday to the spa for that "body wrap" I have been wondering how they work for years and finally decided to do one. Well, the postives were that I lost 4 inches (1 1/2 in my bust!) and now have very soft skin because they wrap you in aloe linen wrap that you sit in for 2 hours. I still have another one that I have to do in the next month. They make you pay for two up front. I really wanted to lose some in my stomach to jumpstart my weight loss plan but it did not budge. I am suppose to drink a gallon of water in the next few days to fliush my system. Well, it may not have helped remove fat cells but it did help me motivate my brain cells.

On saturday night we are having an adult halloween party. Everyone has to come either as a dead movie star or someone from a movie. It is being held in our" finally finished" media room in the basement. My husband and I are going as sharon stone and nick cage from leaving las vegas. I am making the basement look like a las vegas casino. Our frinds really get into the halloween parties and the costumes are great! I am going to try to wear a las vegas showgirl outfit. That is one reason why I needed that body wrap!

Well, I came up with a way to try to keep myself from eating too much. I wear my couple pair of skinny jeans instead of sweats so if I overeat I can feel it in my pants. Right now I am dying to unbutton my jeans but it is preventing me from eating cookies. Crazy logic but it seems to be working.

Cyan, I loved learning all about sushi and yes you did have me trying sushi a few months ago, I guess it is an aquired taste because I just am not sure about it yet. By the way I don't know if I told you but I was a this chic philly store that had a perfume called sushi...I am not sure who would like to smell like fish?

Miki, sorry I haven't been posting as much...just way to busy. I still do need you to hop on my shoulder and scold me when I want those sweets!

Newie, my goal is to also have a clutter free and clean house...oh well, maybe in another life!

Reina, Lisa, deena, where are you?

By the way I am still planning to have my weigh -in on fridays. My body fat is out of control this week I have had a high of 35%. My lowest last year was 28%. I need that old motivation again. I am still up for the christmas challenge.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:21 PM   #105  
Blooming Day by Day

Angry

Hi, everyone! Today has been a strange day. I've been very tired--probably because of all the work I did to get ready for our new bed, and now that it's all over, I feel like all the stuffing has been knocked out of me. Yesterday I also volunteered at our school's values program, called K4J (Kids for Jesus). We were teaching church manners to PreK, Kindergarten, and 1st Grade kids--part of teaching the value of humility is teaching humility before God--and I knelt down on my right knee 24 times during the day. Needless to say, my right thigh is quite sore today. I took it pretty slow today--rested quite a bit, and did housework, errands in between rest periods. I am so grateful to have time to rest. It was so hard when I was working.

I've been starving all day--probably due to my fatigue--I tried to eat sensibly all day and stay away from carbs for the most part. I tend to overeat when I am tired. Right now I'm making peanut butter cookies for the family--more economical than store bought ones. I tasted a tiny piece of batter, but I won't even touch a cookie. Peanut butter cookies are my favorite, and it will only take one to addict me. So, I just will stay away from them. I'm still doing my walking, though I missed yesterday because it was raining all day. It's really becoming a necessity in my day. Last night hubby and I watched the Florida Marlins upset the Chicago Cubs--it was absolute torture. They went from leading 3-0 to being down 8-3 in about 15 minutes. They have one more chance to get to the World Series--tonight. I certainly hope they win, or it will be very depressing here in Chicago for the winter. The game comes on in an hour.

Well, I have to get my girls finished with their dinner, make hubby's and mine, get the girls to finish their homework, and finish those cookies before the game. More soon. Take care, all.
Closed Thread