Old 03-17-2015, 12:39 PM   #121  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Stood outside and watched the parade for about 15 minutes. Bout froze my ears off so I came in and watched from the window. Could still hear the bands from inside. Kinda neat.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 01:57 PM   #122  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Happy ~ Yes we made the taco soup with ground beef

Shad & Laura ~ Yeah the taco soup was really good

Dee ~ My weekend was good. How was yours?

Michelle ~ The Recipe is Hamburger,Taco Seasoning,Tomato Juice,Onion,Kidney beans and thats it, You can add corn in it too if you want but we didnt put it in the soup, We had it in a bowl so people could add it if they wanted too and we added Frito's on top. I thought we should of added cheese to it but we didnt have any. You look AWESOME by the way.

Annie ~ Yeah I love mexican food too.

Danielle ~ Welcome to the forum and the 300+ Chat Thread. I hope you are liking it here. I look forward to learning more about your journey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I havent been up to a whole lot yet today. I have a doctor's appt. to go to this morning and then when I get back home I will do my 40 min. chair exercises and then depending on the weather I will go walk outside for 30 mins to an hour and later on tonight I'll do my 20 min. 1 mile walking dvd.

Last edited by Terra1984; 03-17-2015 at 01:58 PM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:11 PM   #123  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Still here, still toiling away. I have so much on my plate that I am thinking of requesting a keyboard for my toes. Notes everywhere and today I have set out a list of things that I can achieve for today. I figure if I let everyone know what I can achieve (and all that I can achieve for the time frame) then maybe someone somewhere will take the info on board. Meantime I am back to writing doco, creating the simulations while talking 3 others through their stuff and doing some training. Lucky I am flexible, ambidextrous, and can multi task. Suspect another holiday on the horizon after July. If I hold up that long. Some idiot decided we needed a new Sharepoint program at the beginning of the week. So far we have had to take it down 4 times, put the old one back, and appear to have lost some doco in the many moves and manipulations. Yesterdays training session had to be done by me winging it and the other consultant demonstrating it. Luckily we had a sympathetic audience.

Better go. The 9 to 5ers will be in in a hour or two - I can get a lot done before then. Sorry I can't do personals. Just don't have the time, and don't feel much up to getting out the laptop when I get back to the motel.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:21 PM   #124  

Afternoon all.

Annie – Nice you’re near the parade route and could pop out to watch the parade for a little bit. : luck2you: Yes, yesterday was really nice outside. I had to go to the eye doc after work on the way home. I was able to get a bit more walking in that way, and I enjoyed being out in the fresh air. But it was a bit breezy and it made my allergies kick in… Nice you could leave the door open for Sassy to go in and out – no bugs yet! But I’d worry about some other creature finding his way into the house!!! Glad to hear your DS is mending nicely. Aaargh, what a PITA with the screw in your tire. It’s always something! Whenever you mention Taco Tuesday, I want to have tacos for dinner. Maybe we’ll make some this weekend.

Terra – Thanks for the taco soup ingredients.

Michelle – Great job resisting the temptation of the cake yesterday. Awful how strong they can be, even with the possibility/prospect of a bad reaction for you. Yum re the chicken stir fry! And yum re leftovers! Your “after” photo is amazing – you’ve come such a long way, but you’ve really worked hard for it. Big congrats girl!!

Shad – I hope you at least get enough shut-eye after your long workdays so you don’t get sick.

Danielle – Sorry you had a bad night’s sleep the other night. I hope last night was better for you! In the better weather months, I look forward to riding my bike between home and the train station. We don’t live far away, but it’s just quicker for me. I also look forward to spending time in the backyard. I like sitting on the patio with a book, and the dog is out on the lawn rolling around on the grass. Re the weight loss, it’s so hard to develop those habits that will help us lose weight and be healthier. It’s great that you took the dogs for a walk instead of having that ice cream! Maybe that’ll be a new routine for you – dinner will be over and getting the dogs out for a walk will be something you do instead of a post-dinner snack. Some habits are easier to develop than others. One of the biggies for me that I have yet to succeed at is eating more meals at home and bringing lunches to work from home – because it involves shopping, picking recipes, and food preparation – there’s a lot of time and effort there. I have a fitbit too – I’m not sure how it works to add friends, but if you know how and you want a fitbit friend, let me know! It’s great you were able to give that woman online enough information about rabbits as pets for her to realize a rabbit was not appropriate for her family (or vice versa, haha). I’ve never taken a Jazzercise class off of youtube. I discovered Jazzercise many years ago while I was taking a walk around my neighborhood and heard the music coming out of a school gym. I like step classes, but I never really progressed to the more complex choreography of intermediate classes. My last gym used to have kickboxing classes, and it was a really good class, but I just didn’t like the studio setup. The room was very wide, but not deep. There was no stage for the instructor, so they could be difficult to see. They would often rotate positions from the center of the front of the room to each side so everyone would get a bit of a better view. And the classes could get very crowded. I'm happy to be back at the recplex. As for you...get to class even if your workout buddy can’t! Don’t let her hold you back!! Other people have all sorts of reasons why they can’t or won’t get to class (valid or not), but they aren’t your reasons. Do it!!

Happy – Wow, it’s been a year already since the fire? That went fast. What a good outcome though for the shop. Bummer that your K. yoga teacher is stopping the classes. That’s so disappointing, especially when you really liked it.

Ceejay – Safe travels!!

Hellos to Susie and Dee!
>>>
I left work a bit early yesterday to get to my eye doc before the office closed. I have my new contacts now, but doc wasn’t able to determine if his lab can source the frames I want. However, he did adjust my existing eyeglass frames so they aren’t so loose on my head. Doc’s supposed to phone me today to let me know about the frames.

Got some extra walking in by getting off the train and walking a few blocks to the dr office and then back to the train, and then walking home from the train too.

That was all for yesterday’s exercise though.

Tonight is movie night, and we’re seeing Cinderella. I think they might be moving movie night to Wednesdays for a bit – not sure if that’s permanent, but for the time being, I won’t be able to make the movie on Wednesdays because of my yogalaties class. (Danielle - that's a combo class - yoga and pilates.)

Speaking of that …tomorrow - Wednesday - will be yogalaties class.

On Thursday I’ll buy a new group fitness punchcard for more exercise classes at the recplex. I also need to check the spring park district catalog – I think the spring session starts this week and maybe I’ll take one of the specialty classes. Those classes require separate registration and payment, so I better get on that.

Oh, I’m joining my village’s bike club. In season, they do a few rides each week – a “recreational” ride on Thursday evenings, and then a “fitness” ride on the weekend, and also distance rides on one of the weekend days. Even if I just join in a few rides this season, it’ll be nice to be able to ride with a group. The membership is inexpensive, and there’s one membership for the whole family, so bf will also be a member. I’m hoping he wants to do some rides as well. I checked out their calendar and it looks like one of the rides the club participates in is “Bike the Drive” – the one where Lake Shore Drive is closed to traffic and open for cyclists only. That’ll be fun!

Okay, have to wrap this up and get back to it. Have a good rest of the day everyone!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:24 AM   #125  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning Peeps! <--- that is for Easter!

Got several meetings today that I am not looking forward to attending. At least they are CC and I can be on mute for one of them, that way I can do other things and not bother anyone on the call.

Babysat last night while the kids went to have green beer. Told them not to be out too late as it was a work night for me. THey were actually home by 10:40. Probably didn't want to be but were considerate of my schedule.

LAURA...do tell reviews on the movie. I think I would like to see it also. Where do you get all your energy to do all this exercising? Now a bike club, you are such an inspiration. I think buying the punchcard motivates you to go to the classes, rather than paying as you go. Other than small bugs, I don't think any other critters can creep in our back door. Our yard is fenced in, well maybe little Tempie next door might hop the fence and come in as she has done before. Cute little small grayhound doggie.

SHADDIE...you need to grow more arms and hands or become an octopus. Either that or scrape your plate clean and start over. lol. Hope you get some rest.

TERRA...goodluck at the doc!

Posting this and going back a page, will be back in a few.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:29 AM   #126  
Annie - Indiana

CEEG...I think today is your travel day home or was it yesterday? Anyway safe travels and fill us in when you get home. What were the bride's colors?

CHELLE....I love a good stir fry. Sometimes they are too done and are mushie, then I get turned off of them for a while. I like a good leftover plate too! lol.

HAPPY...funny how good things come from bad happenings. The fire seems like it was just yesterday. Time flies for sure. How are you feeling? Has the aches eased up any?

HELLOs to the rest of you ladies. Must get to work. Happy Hump Day!
Old 03-18-2015, 10:25 AM   #127  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Laura ~ Your welcome, I hope you like it

Annie ~ Thanks, My doctor appt. went great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 8:00 a.m. and its now 9:20 a.m. I have school today but I dont have to start watching for my bus until 11:40 a.m. I will be at school until 4:00 p.m. today so I dont have that long of a day. Tonight I'm gonna do my 20 min. 1 mile walk.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:26 AM   #128  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Have I said how much I hate insurance companies and now I am adding (often outsourced) benefits departments to the list. DH turned 65 this Feb. We called in January to see if anything would change with my health insurance (I am covered under his plan). They said no. We asked if I had to do anything, they said no. Looking at the website the end of Feb I see that it looks like I have no insurance. I call and the insurance says I was dropped Jan 31 - they can't do anything and don't know why, I have to call DH's place. I call his ex-employer - they said I had a "life event" with him turning 65 and I was supposed to re-enroll in Feb. This was Feb 27 and had this gone unnoticed into March I would have lost coverage completely. But I can't enroll online because I am under DH's plan and all his online access gets switched to another vendor because he is now under Medicare and I am too young for Medicare. Get that straightened out and wait 3 weeks for my insurance cards - don't worry - you are covered you just pay out of pocket for any expenses and one day we will reimburse you. Get my cards, waiting on invoice. Waiting, waiting. Called yesterday - they didn't send an invoice out until 2 days ago. The invoice is for 2 months premiums Feb and Mar OH AND they just cut another invoice for April due April 1. So me with no job and no income have to come up with almost $2500 in one fell swoop because they don't have their act together. And no, I am not under Obamacare. The meager pension we live off of for DH does not qualify me for any sort of reduced rates or subsidy. And to finish the job, the horrible voice response system you get when you call Benefits is clumsy and cumbersome - takes at least 10 minutes to try to get to a human and the quality of the recording is so fuzzy and difficult to understand that often you can't respond to the prompts because you can't hear them clearly. And Ms. Robo Voice does not repeat herself. His former employer like many today has outsourced their benefits department to another company who does not know and does not care how to handle things. There is no loyalty to employees anymore - it's all about doing things the cheapest way possible so they have more money for management bonuses. It ain't like it used to be...

Annie - re: aches and pains - we are in the 40's temps now so that helps somewhat. Just have to keep moving and accept that some things will always be a bit tight - kind of like your body saying "hulLOW you are not 20 any more" Nice of you to babysit and let the big kids have a night out. Sounds like Sassy is looking forward to spring too.

Laura - good going on joining the bike club! That will certainly add to the exercise. I admire that and second the notion that you are the exercise queen! Lots of nice places up by you to ride trails.

Poor Shad - you remind me why I should count my blessings that I am done with the corporate world! I can just imagine the flurry of activity. Don't worry about posting - we know how busy you are and you must just crash when you get done for the night. Thanks for the occasional check in.

Ceejay - sounds like you enjoyed the wedding - hope the trip back went quickly.

Michelle - wow - the difference between pictures is telling! You have worked very hard for this - congrats! I can see why your old clothes were falling off.

Terra - your soup sounds good and I'll bet the leftovers (if there are any) get better the next day.

Hellos to the rest of the chicks. I have to go get dressed. Have a good day.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:51 AM   #129  

Morning all. Happy hump day.

Annie – Boo re the meetings – they can be such a disruption to the day. If I’m on a conference call or webinar at my desk, I tend to get distracted and the next thing I know I’ve missed (several minutes of) something being said. Oops. Nice of you to babysit last night – that’s a late night for you. Re “Cinderella” – it was cute. Not normally my kind of thing, but there was nothing else out that I wanted to see, and I wanted to get out and see something. I thought the cast was pretty good and it was pretty to look at. I must have seen the animated movie or another televised production as a kid, but it was fun seeing the story again, and there were touches of the original Disney version. Since Dee mentioned it…wow, the lead Lily Davis’s waist was cinched really tight into those costumes! I can’t imagine how she got a good breath in her lungs!! Awww, I wouldn’t mind the neighbor’s dog(s) coming to visit the house. Our neighbor’s dog Sam used to sneak into our yard by crawling under the fence when he was a pup. So cute! What I wouldn’t want is a raccoon or skunk getting in!!! Re the bike club, bf dropped off the membership form and check with the club leader yesterday and spoke briefly with the husband, who’s a member as well. I think the weekend rides will be beyond our current fitness levels, in terms of pace and distance, but I suppose there’s nothing stopping us from starting out with them and then taking it at our own pace.

Happy – Sheesh, what a nightmare with the insurance situation! You poor thing. I hate hate HATE dealing with that kind of stuff. And now the big chunk of $$$ to come up with. But you'd have been paying that all along anyway, right? Re the bike club – I hope some of the rides will replace the formal exercise classes. I do hope this maybe at least “jump-starts” bf and I to get out for rides on a regular basis, by ourselves or with a group.

Terra – Have a good day at school today.

Hellos to the rest of you!

>>>
Nothing much to report. Went to the movie “Cinderella” and that was about it. Tonight’s yogalaties. Tomorrow I have an industry function to attend near the office, but it’ll take up the entire afternoon. I have to wear something presentable, bleh. I don’t even know what I have anymore – been wearing jeans since the beginning of the year. The last time I wore dress pants to work – last month, I realized the zipper wouldn’t stay up anymore. That pair will get tossed – can’t even donate them.

That’s it for now. See ya.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:38 PM   #130  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Wishing all Worldlies a Wonderful Wednesday!

I hope you all had a lovely St. Patrick's Day! I didn't do anything special to celebrate. After work, I walked with my friend for about an hour, and then I picked up Santa and took him to the dog park.

I dropped D off at the airport this morning. He's heading to Spokane, WA to officiate a volleyball tournament, and he gets back on Monday, 3/23 but leaves on the 25th to do other tournaments through the end of March or early April.

I'm going to walk on my lunch hour, and after work, I'm going to take Santa to the dog park - we both enjoy going so much.

Tomorrow evening, a friend of mine from the dog park, along with a couple other friends of mine, are seeing a play called "M. Butterfly" which is based on the opera "Madame Butterfly". I haven't seen either, but I love a good play. Should be a nice evening.

======================

Annie - So cool that you could watch the St. Patrick's Day parade from the window of your office! Nice of you to watch the grandbabes so their parents could go out to celebrate St. Patty's. Frustrating that you got a screw in your tire. I'm so relieved to hear your son is healing well.

Terra - Thanks for the recipe for the Taco Soup. Sounds easy enough for even me to make. I would've probably preferred adding cheese rather than Fritos. I'm not a big Fritos fan. But you have to make do with what you've got. Were you able to get all your walks in yesterday? I'm glad your doctor appointment went well.

Shad - So crazy that you have to put in so many hours and aren't making much headway because of all the changes, and the Sharepoint losing your docs. Like Laura said, please take care to get good sleep and eat well so you don't get run down and get sick.

Laura - I can relate to your allergies kicking in on your walk to the eye doc. Yesterday about 5 minutes into the walk I was taking with my friend, the pollen was blowing around, and some found its way into my airway and I kept coughing and trying to catch my breath. We decided to head back to our cars where I had my inhalers and he had water. Normally I don't need inhalers if I'm just walking, which is why I didn't have them on me. We walked a little ways back toward the cars, and then I started feeling better and I was able to breathe...so we did another U-turn and headed back in our original direction. My breathing was fine for the remainder of the walk. Thanks for the kind words about my progress. At first I wasn't noticing much difference in the mirror, but now I can definitely see my progress. I want to lose at least another 30 lbs. I hope you can get into some interesting classes with the park district. Good for you for joining your village's bike club!! girlfriend!! The Bike the Drive ride sounds great! You're definitely the exercise queen! And I really like your attitude that even if the weekend ride are beyond your current distance and fitness level, you can always start out with the group and then take it at your pace. I hate industry or company functions that require professional attire. Ever since my surgery, I now just wear jeans to work (like pretty much everyone else) so that I didn't have to buy different color slacks that I won't be able to wear very long (hopefully).

Danielle - So proud of you for taking a walk rather than having ice cream. Going for a regular walk after dinner is a great habit to get into. We don't have a fenced yard, so I have to walk Santa every night after dinner. If I walk him at around 9 pm, he doesn't have to go out again until morning. I still like to have something sweet as an evening snack. Lately, I either have a Greek yogurt (in one of the dessert flavors like Banana Cream Pie or Strawberry Cheesecake), or I have a sugar free pudding, or some fruit. I agree with Laura...get to your workout classes regardless of whether or not your workout buddy does. It makes no sense to allow her excuses for not going to become your excuses.

Ceejay - I know you're traveling today. Wishing you very safe travels.

Happy - It sucks that you're still having insurance woes. That's crazy that you have to pay for 3 months all at once! That's a huge expense! What a bureaucratic nightmare! That's something I worry about if I ever lose this job (or when I retire which I figure will be age 75 or 80 at the rate I'm going). I want to keep Kaiser insurance. I really like the doctors there, and it's so convenient to have everything (doctors, specialists, labs, pharmacies) in one location where you just walk from office to office. Thanks for the kind words about my progress thus far. There are actually one or two tops that I'm still able to wear. My friend and I might do some shopping while I'm visiting with her in Vegas.

to all!

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 03:43 PM   #131  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Just popped in to say - Michelle, that side on photo is awesome. Well done you.

Danielle - forget the others. You are doing this for yourself. You need to just get on with it. Don't let a lack of someone elses motivation set you up for not doing things for yourself.

Happy - bloody insurance. I just received a notice that mine is rising again this April. I've had it 3 years, it's gone up every year, and I haven't used it yet. So I am paying for WHAT??? It is going at the end of the financial year. I will pay the extra on my taxes if I have to after that.

Okay - 14 hour day yesterday. Here at 6.am this morning. Taxi at 4.00pm to get me to the airport. Tomorrow I can sleep. 4 days 47 hours work. It's good that they are paying me fairly well.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 06:38 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Got to the airport this morning in Dallas on time but the flight was delayed due to rain. The plane went through clouds all the way to Little Rock so you couldn't see anything below.Thankfully it was not raining while I was driving home.
Had a beautiful day yesterday at the Arboretum in Dallas. It was time for tulips and as soon as my bil emails me some pictures I'll post some here maybe.
All in all I had a good time this past week. My nieces tells me I should take up Zumba. And of course my sister thinks I should take a Zumba class. I kept tying to tell her that I live in a population of 7700 compared to the size of Dallas.
-------

Be back later for personals. I'm in the process of cooking my own food for dinner. I don't want to think about getting on the scale this week.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:41 PM   #133  

Height: 5'7"

Hello!!! The Director got back from China--I had two days with him and now he is in all day meetings at our general offices, so that means he was out of my hair today. The AD hasn't had to much for me to do. She sees the workload I have with him.

I tackled his expense report today. It took me 4 hours to get it all done. He paid cash for a lot of things instead of using his Amex...I have to figure out the exchange rate on all of that. But it is done and submitted.

I got a very nice surprise today. They called me from the dock to tell me that I had flowers there. I couldn't figure out for the life of me who would send me flowers. They were from a co-worker that I worked with in my last role, who ended up displaced as her role was going away and had two months to find another role in the company. She put a call out to her network and I got my network working on it for her and putting the word out. I also helped her with her applications that she submitted and she got a new role in 5 weeks. She sent me the flowers to thank me for my support and assistance. It was so nice of her. It made my day.

I think several of you asked about why I wouldn't go ahead and get a knee replacement now. My surgeon does not want to do that. He wants me to be in my last 50's if we can, so that hopefully I only have to do it once. The cortisone has helped a lot. I forgot what it felt like to go up and down steps and not think about my knee. I'm one week out and have 3 more to go to make sure it lasted the 4 weeks and then I get the gel shot. They last for 6 months! He said that should help a lot with my weight -loss effort. I think so to. We are going to look at bikes on Friday after my visit to the dermatologist in the morning.

If you would keep me in prayer for that appointment I would appreciate it. I have some places that I need them checked out and most likely taken off.

Ceejay: I enjoyed hearing about your trip and your posts on FB..enjoyed the pictures you posted to. It looked like you were really enjoying the trip.

Dee: I loved the Cinderella movie. It was beautiful!

Laura: That is awesome that you joined a book club.

Annie: Any word about the KI trip on June 20?

Happy: Sorry for the insurance issues. You said it so right about "outsourcing". I have the same thoughts on it that you do. We have an annual survey at work this time of year and one of the questions they asked about was outsourcing...they have done that with our benefits and other services and are thinking about more and more of that sort of thing. I put in my 2 cents. It is an anonymous survey but I always wonder. I was upfront, yet tactful with my reply.

Michelle: You are looking good! Keep you the good work and give yourself a pat on that back for not giving into that cake!

Terra: I see that you are able to get back outside to do some of your walking. I love to walk outside..it seems to go faster!

Shad--sounds like you are working too hard! I know...it is the pot calling the kettle black. Hopefully your weekend with be relaxing.

Danielle: You have gotten some great advice from these ladies and they are all right. This is your journey, your time, you have to do and you have to do it for you! We will be here cheering you on.

Time for me to clean up the kitchen and head to bed. Goodnight!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:48 AM   #134  

Morning all.

Michelle - Enjoy M. Butterfly tonight. Sounds like you and D are often two ships passing in the night because of your different work schedules, and now he'll be out of town. At least I know you'll be keeping yourself busy!!! Good you had your inhalers with you for the walk. I should get into the habit of using my inhaler before cardio exercise classes as my dr advised because I do occasionally notice some asthma symptoms afterwards.

Shad - You must be ready to drop. What a long week, and all those hours compacted into 4 days, not 5. I hope your flight went well and that at this moment (just after midnight) you are soundly asleep getting some excellent rest.

Ceejay - Sounds like you had a great trip based on the photos you posted. Glad your travels went well and there were no problems during your flights and drives. Your family is right about giving Zumba a try, but I can understand there might not be classes in your area. Did they suggest it because you enjoyed dancing at the wedding reception?? Maybe you can try a dance-based cardio workout dvd.

Susie - Too bad the expense reporting system doesn't do the currency conversion for you! How nice of you to help your friend find another position, and the flowers are a lovely way for her to thank you. How many employees does your company have in your area? I know it's a huge company - probably one of the largest in your metro area I'm guessing. I'm glad the cortisone shot has brought you relief for your knee. I'll keep you in my thoughts for a good appt with the derm dr. Re the book club, I'm already in one of those - but I just joined a bike club. When you said you're looking at bikes after your appt - is that the stationary bike or a regular bike for riding outdoors?

Hellos to the rest of you!!
^^^
Went to yogalaties last night. It was in the "real" gym - wood floors and no rubber floor smell - yay! Class was fine. It's "just okay". I've had better classes, but I'll finish it out. There's no class next week, so we get a break.

The spring session at the recplex started this week. If I wanted to take one of the specialty classes, I've already missed one class. I think I'll hold off on that until the next session and just buy a punchcard and get my classes that way. I'd also like to do some home workouts, but you know how that goes for me...easily forgotten and put off. I might need to just bring some of my equipment up to the living room and do some exercises while I watch tv!

I scheduled the always-dreaded ob/gyn appt for about 3 weeks from now. It's early in the morning, so I can either get to work a little bit late, or choose to take the entire day off as a vacation day. I've got days to use, so probably the latter.

Nothing going on tonight. I know I should go buy my punchcard and do an exercise class, but having done something after work each night this week so far, I think I just want to go home and relax. And maybe do a load of laundry, lol.

Okay, I have a meeting in 15 min. and later this morning is the industry function. I'm sure it'll be very informative and useful, but I honestly don't care to "network" much. And I'm never happy with what I'm wearing, and today's no exception. I think I need to put some effort into improving my wardrobe. Why start each day being unhappy with what I'm wearing??

Okay, time to post. TTFN.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:46 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I have a lot more photo's to post on FB and will soon. For those of you wondering what the "flower" is in one of the pictures, it's really a sculpture that was a Greek restaurant. I really enjoyed sightseeing in downtown Houston and it was all with in walking distance of the hotel. I was impressed with all the tall buildings.
My sister and her DH wanted to talk about my finances this week end which is none of their business except I guess they were concerned about my upcoming retirement. I told them that my financial representative was Suzie Orman and that I've done well by using her advice. I watch her shows on t.v. and use her web sight. They want me to put all my eggs in one basket. Even my daddy told me never to do that. I told them that my 401K was in Voya. And that I do have a savings account. And that's all they need to know.

------
Laura
Yes, my nieces came up with the idea of me doing Zumba as the results of "my dancing". I'm going to look on line to see if I can find a beginner's DVD.

Happy
Ugh on dealing with the insurance. I'm turning 65 in August and now I'm getting things from all insurances wanting me to buy my supplement policy from them. My sister say's not to enroll in Medicare until I retire, but I'm thinking about doing it at 65 simply because of the insurance I have at work.

Susie
I want to see the Cinderella movie. But I will wait till it comes out on DVD. It's to loud for me in the theaters. Don't blame you for waiting on the knee surgery. How nice that you friend sent you flowers.

Danielle
Don't ever give up on your weight loss journey. This is for you.

Terra
Yum on the taco soup. Think I'll make some for tonight.

Michelle
Enjoy your date night with D.

Shad
Wow 14 hour days! Get enough rest.

Annie
I thought about you when I saw a couple of Wells Fargo offices on my trip.
Glad you got to enjoy the St Patrick's day parade. I would have watched from my office window too.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote