Old 03-15-2015, 09:17 PM   #106  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hello girls, I've been outdoors most of the day & I finally had a moment to relax & read w U
The last post I had was when I was leaving for a jobsite meeting. Their closet is large 12'x8' & needed 3 outlets, & the custom garment organizers arrived, waiting to b installed & the contractor phoned our client & the electrician after reading the blueprint & Not seeing the outlets, then our client phoned me. I managed to redo the layout so that the electrician could wire it w/o sending the cabinetry back. 1 outlet was @ a recessed ironing board flipping-outwards w a sliding rack adjacent to touch-up clothing w a steamer or iron. 1 was for a Ott light (it's a true color light used for fabric & make-up) for her 7 ft., 3-sided mirror & the other outlet was for a ionizer to clean the dust from clothing. Sounds simple but w the garment organizers custom built, it took me over a hour to measure each piece for a new layout & work w the contractor to install them w his new print while the electrician did his wiring. APITA, my schedule was already filled for the day. So part of that day was pushed into Friday 13th & Saturday. I ate the pb cups while driving & I stopped @ Tim Horton's & picked up a dozen Bismarck's-Long jons because we girls know how-to change a guys mood w food.

Susie, What did U think about seeing Cinderella. In a TV interview, Cinderella the girl from D.Abbey said she had to drink 'liquids only' for a week, to fit into that corset they made for her. She is beautiful & she didn't need to wear a teeny corset, what is wrong w that dumb director It looked painfully tight in the ads & unrealistic like the Barbie doll's waist is made. I have the Disney animated & I'll always love it, we'll watch this one on dvd when it comes out because I like her on D.Abbey.

Danielle, I'm a animal lover too, but I have allergies to fur now so I can only have pets that have hair & no fur dander or bird dander unless they can b outdoors. I love to ride horses & we've had ducks & chickens as pets. I live in the country on 30 acres w 20 acres of woods & wildlife, U ask & we prob have it; the cranes, turkeys & moles put holes in our yard & the rabbits eat our shrubs so they r annoying. The frogs croaking & owls hooting nearby can b loud, but we think of it as music or we close the windows & turn on the AC in the summer. We have 3 doggies & I breed miniGoldenDoodles, they run free when we're outdoors, our wildlife knows them because when we're outdoors the deer, turkey, etc. come close & watch us playing. We don't have bears in my area like Happy does. I admire everyone that is health conscious, there r lots of overweight young ppl that probably don't understand the health risks on their joints & organs otherwise when they need to start buying plus size clothing, they'd change their lifestyle, @ least that makes sense to me. I'm your proud of U for joining WW & joining us

Ceejay, It is so nice to hear about how U r doing on your trip. Try not to let the other ppl's stuff bug U. This is Your vacation, so do your own thing, everyone will enjoy themselves. Nobody expects anyone to b a cookie-cutter copy. It seems like all the food wouldn't b seasoned because ppl have food allergies, so several dishes should b on the simple/bland. My belly & mouth would b hurting from eating spicy food @ every meal. There's gotta b eggs-oatmeal for breakfast & a salad bar or salads where they get meals?

Shad, Yum I haven't had a Bellini in years, soo many drinks. I hope U had a productive & fun weekend @ home. How's it going @ work, I hope your back to 8 hr. days or @ least a 10 instead of the grueling 12 hr. day U worked. I wonder if we're the only 2 girls here that use power-tools Ron is happy when I buy tools, so he can borrow them.

Laura, we never get tired of seeing doggy pics where's Coal's green? I have colored collars/leashes for the holidays & a clip to attach their dog tags easy-on, easy-off. How was your friends St. Paddy’s celebration, diet green beer for everyone I'm sure, men watch their waistlines when they drink alot. It was too hot & sunny to b inside today, so I'm guessing U didn't do your taxes.

Terra, How was your weekend

Happy, I'm not much of a coffee drinker unless it's flavored. Your 'Green Mountain brand Island Coconut' is making me drool, I LOve coconut everything If we ever got another kitty, it would have to b a mouser outdoors & the last 1 left w a boy, boys & girls both stray. Before I got allergies 20 yrs ago I had a ragdoll & a angora w beautiful blue eyes & both had 2 paws declawed to stop snagging my furniture, bad thing was they shed & that was a huge nuisance & my xh gave them away.

Michelle, I love that Santa & U go to the dog park & have places to share the day together. How's he been feeling, was the vet helpful?

Annie, I had my Reuben sandwich @ Arby's for lunch today, delish & it was huge, worth the $5. Panera Bread doesn't offer it on their menu. Did U take the boys to a St. Patty's parade, I hope so kids love the pretty floats. We have a few nearby every year, 1 on Saturday & 1 town on Sunday.

Time to get ready for bed now & watch some TV. I have my 6 month mammogram & Ultra sound Tuesday to check a breast lump that radiology has been watching for 2 yrs. I wish they'd taken it out when they said it was suspicious last year. Medical ppl....

See everyone tomorrow, its supposed to 60* here
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:59 AM   #107  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning All Ya'll....

What an eventful weekend of fun. Royce's BD party went off without a hitch. He got more than enough toys so I am some of them to the church for donations. Several "repeat" toys. He did get some cute summer clothes. I got him a huge 100+ diapers, 3 pack of baby sensitive sipes, an outfit, epsom salts or his bath and a couple of books. I went with need stuff rather than want stuff. I posted on FB his smash cake picture. He had to have a bath after due to all the chocolate on him. The bath water was a nice brown color when finished. Of course Jacob took to the books first and then the toys, I asked him if he was going to share them with Royce since they were Rs presents. Jacob said, "That is not going to happen". I about cracked.
The food was good. Sam's neighbor brought over a huge pan of mac n cheese and buffalo wing dip.

Yesterday was church, lunch then while C was finishing up on painting the bathroom, I went and bought a new door. The old one was not salvagable. It is now a work bench. C actually attached it to the studs in the garage as is by the hinges, so now it folds up on the wall (like on the wall sideways instead of up and down like a door should be) and out of the way so he can still park in the garage. When he unfolds it, he has hooked two sturdy chains to each end of the door and hooks onto the studs. Let's just say if the bench comes down, so does the garage wall. hahaha The good thing is that since we have to keep it folded up to the wall, it cannot collect clutter. AMEN!!

Dinner, the Voice and bed.

Be back later for personals.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:49 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I should still be asleep but as Happy mentioned this time changed has gotten me off schedule. I'm exhausted. Today is a road trip back to Dallas.
The wedding ceremony itself was short and sweet but the night of dancing etc seemed to never end. I got in my cardio last night. I had a good time.

Don't remember who asked me why I couldn't have salads. They upset my digestive tract if I eat to many. I have a stomach ulcer and diverticulitis/diverticulosis episodes from eating to much raw foods.

It's just hit me that I am sore from all the walking and dancing.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:31 PM   #109  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday ladies,

Sorry I was away over the weekend. We had gorgeous weather and I wanted to minimize my time indoors. It was in the upper 80s on Saturday, and muggy, both of which are very unusual for this area at this time of year. Santa's vet appointment went well. The vet said his heart sounded really good, despite the murmur, and the blood tests were all perfect. She does recommend me getting Santa in for an echocardiogram (an ultrasound of the heart) to make sure everything is ok. This week, my vet's office is opening up a new branch closer to where I live, so I'll make an appointment for the test.

I had an eye exam on Friday as well. The doctor said that my eyesight has improved a lot. She said as we age, sometimes we get more farsighted...and as I've been nearsighted since my 20s, now it's balancing out. I ordered a new set of glasses. I was hoping to keep my current frames since I like them so much, but since I need my glasses to drive and I don't have any others, I can't give them up for the 7-10 days to have them put lenses in.

I went over to my step-mom's on Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday, we played a game of Scrabble, and I helped her with some computer issues. My nephew and his new girlfriend were in town for the weekend, and they came over to my step-mom's for lunch on Sunday.

Santa and I went to the dog park on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We always have such a good time there.

I'm super excited for my cousin's wife...she's having gastric bypass surgery tomorrow! And like Annie and my niece were there for me to answer all my questions, I'm now able to do that for my cousin's wife. She's very excited! Although when I told her that I have difficulty with chicken, she kind of freaked out because she and her family eat a lot of chicken. I explained (like Annie explaiend to me) that different people have difficulty with different foods...for me it's chicken; for other's it's beef - and I do perfectly fine with beef and pork.

==============================

Happy - Bob's kitties seem to be doing really well in their new stable environment. The poor things have been through a lot the past few months when Bob was in the hospital for nearly 8 weeks, and someone would just come in a couple times a day to feed them. When Bob was back home for hospice, there were so many strangers (nurses and other care personnel), and the living room furniture had been replaced by a hospital bed. And then for the past couple weeks, Bob was gone again, and there were lots of people in the house clearing stuff out. I'm sure they miss Bob, but they are probably relieved to be in a loving, mellow household. They really warmed up to the couple that adopted them very quickly. There were parts of the SNL special that I really liked, and other parts I thought could've been done a lot better. I was glad some of the ol' timers came back, but I wish the clips of the really old shows could've been longer. I did hire a personal trainer before I had my surgery. I've been seeing her a couple times a week; however, due to finances, I have to cut back the sessions to once a week. I was strength training just twice a week, but at the rate I'm losing weight, and not gaining much muscle, I need to strength train 3x per week so I keep my muscle up to fuel my metabolism. The gym is offering an option called Group Personal Training, 3 one hour sessions per week on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays, for $200/month. That seems like a good deal to me. Oh, you should definitely watch the movie Maleficent! I thought it was excellent, It's more the back-story on how Maleficent became a villain. Though I don't know how it ties in with the Maleficent character in Once Upon a Time. I'm not familiar with Ursula either. Like you, I really enjoy Once Upon a time. I couldn't find the photos of the frozen falls. I'll look when I get home as I can't spend much time on FB here. To answer your question about the dog park, yes, it's a great social opportunity for both me and Santa. I've got some good friends there, and it's always nice to chat with them...even if we do see each other nearly every day. I actually prefer to clean up the dog park over cat boxes. IMO, dog poo doesn't smell as bad as cat poo and urine, and there's no dust. 63 degrees?! Wow a tropical heatwave for Northern WI! I had to laugh at the restaurant owner's Chihuahuas...most small dogs don't know they're small. Santa thinks he's the biggest dog in the world, which makes it difficult when he tries to convince a pit bull or mastiff of that fact. And if he were in your yard, he most certainly would go after the bears just as he would a squirrel. I hope your body (and internal clock) eventually adjusts to the daylight savings time. I'm finding I'm awake until 10 or 10:30, whereas I used to be asleep by 9 or 9:30, but I still get 7 or 7.5 hours sleep.

Danielle - When I lived in Wisconsin, I used to hate when the snow piles on corners were so high that you couldn't see oncoming traffic. I'm glad you've had a bit of a melt to make it safer. I've never had kids and have always thought of my pets as kids. In the past, I've had both dogs and cats...right now, it's just my super sweet and adorable dog Santa, and my bf's cat Athena...but she doesn't really like me, and likes Santa even less. Tinka is an adorable name. We all love pet photos, so please post some if you have time. I pretty much love all animals, and all breeds. At the dog park, I'm a total sucker for doggies that "give kisses". I know some people find it gross, but I like puppy kisses and I don't let them kiss me on the mouth. Good for you for joining Weight Watchers. It's a good program that works well if you stick to it, and make sure you track your food and drink your water. Congrats on losing 7 lbs already! Smart way to save money by doing it online and using the extra $20 for a gym membership. Looking at your photo, you are most definitely beautiful. And your starting weight is about 40 lbs lighter than I was at my heaviest. Losing weight does help you feel better physically and mentally. You've come to the right place for support. I wish I was 27 again. Happy is right...you're still young enough to take on the world and mature enough to have confidence. And she's also right that it's harder to lose weight as you get older. When I was in my late 20s/early 30s, I had older co-workers tell me that, and I didn't listen. I'm paying the price now. The other thing is when you lose weight at a younger age, your skin is more elastic and shrinks back better than when you're 50+. Granted I'm losing weight at a fast rate due to having gastric bypass surgery in November. As for your nieces in Colorado, don't count them out. I didn't see my nieces and nephew very often while they were growing up...but we are close now. Now that you've mentioned you're in the orthopedic field, you might get a lot of questions from us since many of us have (or had) knee, hip or back issues. I went through a lot of emotional crap in my 20s too. On this thread, we're really good listeners and have all had our difficult and emotional times in life. And if you ever want to PM (Private message), you can do that too. Good luck with the dog training. I took Santa for obedience training a couple years ago, but he was already an older dog by then. He's good with some stuff, not so good with others. Right after my surgery, I weighed myself every day. Now I'm finding that I may not lose anything for several days, and then all of a sudden, I lose a few pounds seemingly overnight. I hope you were able to avoid temptation and overeating at your aunt's house. Good for you for bringing your own lunch. I'm getting together with some friends for a special tea on Saturday, and since I can't have scones or any sweets and very few carbs, I asked the hostess if I could bring food I can eat (she knows I had surgery). She was totally fine with it, and I'll bring my own tea as well because I have to have decaf tea.

Susie - Congratulations on getting the refund!! So nice that you'll be able to get a recumbent bike! That's been my go to cardio exercise at the gym for years because it didn't hurt my back. I really have to finish my taxes soon. Especially since I'm going to be out of town from March 29-April 1 (going to spend a few days with a friend in Vegas), and then again right after tax time (going to see my sister, bil, my nephew, and my nieces and their kids). Glad to hear your PT is going well. Glad you got a cortisone shot in the knee. I hope it helps and you're able to get the gel shots. Those medicines can be so hard on your stomach! My ex-h recently told me he's off his pain meds and instead uses a patch that he changes once a week. The benefit is that it doesn't make him groggy or upset his stomach. You definitely had a busy weekend. Did the nieces enjoy Cinderella?

Dee - I'm glad you got the client, the electrician and the contractor all sorted out. Your talk of Reuben sandwiches has my mouthwatering. Some of the bars in Wisconsin made what they called Reuben Egg Rolls. A regular egg roll wrapper filled with corned beef, swiss cheese, and kraut, then deep fried and served with thousand Island dressing for dipping. Yummy! I'll probably check out the Arby's Reuben...even though I can't have much, if any, of the bread, the rest sounds yummy. Santa has been doing better. I'm slowly introducing very low fat treats back into his diet, which he greatly appreciates. When my nephew and his girlfriend were visiting, I gave her a HUGE box of Milk Bones to give to her dog. I had bought them for Santa right before he was diagnosed, and it says the Minimum Fat was 5%, with no indication of the maximum fat content. I'll be keeping you in my prayers for your mammo and ultrasound.

Ceejay - I'm glad you're having a nice visit with family, and that the wedding was nice! Good for you on doing all that dancing, not to mention the walking around Houston!! Traffic in cities can be fairly daunting, especially when you're not used to it. I hope you find other options to eat that agree with your tummy and digestion. Danielle is right...wear what you feel comfortable in. I'm not much for dresses. I haven't worn a dress in over 10 years. I much prefer slacks and a nice blouse or a pants suit.

Annie - I'm so glad to hear your DS is doing better. I'm glad Royce's b'day party was fun too. I couldn't find the cake photo on FB. Please post some photos of the grandbabes and Sassy. I cracked up at Jacob's response to you asking him if he was going to share R's presents with R. Too funny! Nice that you bought such practical gifts. I'm sure your DD appreciated them. So smart of C to use the door for a workbench, and I love that since it folds up, it can't collect clutter.

Laura - You are definitely correct about the personal trainer pushing you harder than you push yourself, at least that's the case with mine. She really pushes me to the point of muscle fatigue to where I can't do one more rep. Regarding taxes, I think I got about as far as you did with online filing. Did you have a fun time at the St. Paddy's day celebration? Did they dye the river green or will that happen tomorrow? I just love seeing photos of dear Coal. He's such a sweetie!

Terra - Taco soup sounds really delicious! Please share the recipe if you have it.

Shad - Your weekend breakfast of eggs, pancakes, bacon and all the rest sounds mouthwatering! I still like eggs, and I'm looking for a recipe to make a high protein pancake. I figure we have to be able to add protein powder to the batter, right?. In the meantime, I occasionally indulge in a Kashi whole grain blueberry waffle, which has low carbs, low sugar and a little protein. I serve it with sugar free "maple" syrup. I had to Google Bellini, along with some of your other phrases over the years...it's nice that you put up with us Yankees. What is the "salad sandwich" that Happy referred to? Is it a vegetarian sandwich with lots of veggies in it? Or is it like an egg salad sandwich or a chicken salad sandwich...which is egg (or chicken) and sometimes celery mixed with mayo?

Okay, this novel is long enough! Today after work, I will be going to the gym for cardio and strength training and then if there's time before sunset, I'll take Santa to the dog park.

Much love and many hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:46 PM   #110  

Morning all. Happy Monday.

Terra – Taco soup – sounds like something I’d like. Hope you had a good weekend.

Happy – Nice you’re stocked up on the coffee you like. At the moment I’ve got a good stock of a variety of tea bags, some favorites and others I’m trying out. I still had one punch left on my card after Saturday, but I’m okay with not getting that last class in - as I said, I did go to a class where the instructor didn’t punch my card. I hope your back and your knee feel better now. Yeh, sitting for long periods is not a good thing. I have to remember to get up and walk around at work every so often – just good to keep the muscles and joints in use. LOL re the Chihuahua who wants to run off the big black bears!!! Hahaha, I remember when I was on work trip to Sydney way back in ’94, and thinking it was so funny that a sandwich with “salad” was really just a sandwich with lettuce and tomato on the side.

Shad – Your “breakfast buffet” sounded good to me! I hope you and your DS and his partner enjoyed it all. Ooh, Bellinis too! Hope your workweek is a bit more sane this week.

Danielle – I’m glad you’re liking WW so far. Tracking really does help. When I don’t track, I don’t know where I’m at and it’s too easy to think my day is going well, when I’ve forgotten about this or that and end up eating more than I should. How did the meal at the aunt’s house go? Great idea to bring your meal. Wow, that’s a lot of animals – and what variety! It’s so great you do rescues! It makes me sad to know how pets end up in this country because of people ranging from abusers to irresponsible owners to those who have good intentions but are uneducated/uninformed about the responsibility, commitment and effort that go into being a good pet owner/companion. Re group fitness classes, I was a long-time Jazzerciser and just recently stopped that because my favorite instructor is just a bit too far from home for me to get to classes consistently. And while she rents nice class spaces with wood floors, all but one of them are not air conditioned! I’ve gone back to classes at my local park district and usually I buy a punchcard that lets me choose a variety of classes – Zumba, circuit, and a variety of strength or cardio/strength classes. There are also individually registered/paid classes such as Pilates and Kettlebell which I also like. Some classes I like more than others, but a lot of times it comes down to the classes that fit in with my work schedule. Does your gym have classes?

Ceejay – Sounds like you’re enjoying your vacation in Houston. Take a stand on what you’ll eat so that you don’t end up miserable with tummy troubles!! Usually there’s something on a menu that’ll work out. One thing about your condition that must be frustrating is having to limit raw fruits and veggies – all your life you’re told to eat a lot of fruits and veggies and now you have this condition that limits them, such a bummer. Congrats to your nephew and his new wife! I’m glad you enjoyed the festivities. I hope your drive back to Dallas goes smoothly and maybe you can snooze a bit??

Dee – Wow, you did a whole new closet layout on site for your clients!! I imagine they’re very grateful for the timely help. I love spicy food, not just spicy hot food, but also flavorful food, i.e., well-seasoned. But not at breakfast – mostly I want something bland early in the AM. Nothing’s really awake in me at that point, and I’m not up for strong or spicy flavors early in the morning. You can’t tell too well from the photo, but Coal’s collar is a lighter green color. Not that the photo was taken the day I posted it, and not that I make a practice of changing his collar colors for the holidays…but he does have several bandanas that we occasionally dress him up in. Our gathering with friends was nice, but so funny that not one person ended up ordering corned beef, LOL. Turns out one of my friends was hosting a dinner at her place the next day and the menu was corned beef and cabbage. And my bf decided not to have corned beef either, but he’ll have some tomorrow at lunch with his mom. And no one drank green beer either, lol. So it was really about getting together now that it was finally feeling less like winter and more like spring. Hope the mammo/ultrasound go well tomorrow!!!

Annie – Glad to hear R’s bday party went well. Didn’t see the cake photo on FB. Can’t get away with that for much longer, hahaha. How clever of you and C to re-use the door that way!! I love that kind of thing. I hate to think of all the consumption that fills up our landfills. Reduce, reuse, recycle!!!

Hellos to Susie and Michelle.

Let’s see, Friday night I went to the Total Body Conditioning (TBC) class. It’s sort of an interval class with periods of cardio and periods of strength moves interspersed. We used the cardio step, body bar, and hand weights. It was strenuous and I was very sweaty. I did a lot of modifications with the cardio because some of it was moves like jumping onto the step with both feet at once, etc. - I'm not comfortable with that, especially when I'm already winded! The instructor recognized my name. She is going to take over instruction of the Kettlebell classes and was going to contact former students to find out what they liked/disliked about the class, and I was on the list. After class I briefly told her about my experience. It was a challenging class, and I would definitely take it again. I just wish it was offered on a day other than Sunday! I also told her it had a TON of squats, and it was too much if you needed to use your legs for he next several days, haha. I also said that I'd bought my own lighter weight kettlebells for class and she showed me that they now had lighter ones available. I might take that class again - it really was effective.

I found a Bosu(balance) Ball on Craigslist for $50 (purchased new they go for $100+), so bf drove me to the TBC class while he went to pick it up (nearby suburb, and he actually got it for $40), and then he picked me up after class. After I’d showered, we went out to a new restaurant in the neighborhood. It had existed in that location for many years as a Greek-type place, then was remodeled and upscaled as a staid/old fogey sort of place that didn’t go over too well, and now it’s a sports bar/restaurant type of place. I think it has the type of casual food menu and atmosphere that’s largely missing in our area, and will appeal to a broad range of people. I hope it does well. Our burgers were tasty.

Saturday morning I took a Zumba class. I always forget how much I like Zumba – the music, the moves, it’s great. Even though the choreography is a bit more complex than Jazzercise, I like it a lot and I feel like I’m probably working my brain in addition to my body! Maybe I’ll make a routine out of doing the TBC on Friday night and the Zumba on Saturday morning.

Also on Saturday, bf and I got out for a bit – to the bagel place for some mini-bialy rolls, to Bakers Square for a couple slices of pie (it was Pi day after all, lol), and to lunch. It was all about the food I guess, lol. Back at home I did a bit more of my taxes, then I walked doggy, then we went out with friends.

We all met at a restaurant, but as I told Dee, we didn’t eat or drink anything special in honor of St. Paddy’s Day. Afterwards, after nixing the ideas of seeing a band (started too late) and playing indoor mini-golf (we actually went there and it was underwhelming), we ended up at a bar that has karaoke – which none of us participated in except as audience members. But it was a nice night with friends.

Sunday I read my book and the paper in the morning, and in the afternoon we went out for a couple errands and lunch. Then there was the dog walk, and then I finally finished my taxes, both fed and state. Glad that’s done. Bf made strawberry ice cream with the fresh strawberries he bought earlier in the week. I did a load of laundry. We read our books, watched tv and that was about it. It would have been good to get out in the yard and rake the leaves out of the flower beds, but nope, didn’t happen. Maybe next weekend.

After work I’m going to the eye doc to pick up my contact lenses and see if my doc can source the frames I want. If not, I’ll buy them on my own.

That’s it for me. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 04:05 PM   #111  
Creating a Healthier Me

Big temptation at work. Someone brought in an absolutely delicious looking chocolate cake. It looks so moist. *sigh* At 4 months out, I haven't ever tested whether or not I dump. If I do, I sure as heck don't want to while I'm at work. I'd really like to try a bite...but I can hear one of the people from my support group saying, "Carbs are the devil." I just ate lunch 30 minutes ago so I know I'm not hungry. Now that I have waited long enough after eating so I can have something to drink, I'll have a sugar free hot cocoa, and I may treat myself to some sugar free pudding later this afternoon. I'm so glad I can come here rather than give in to temptation. I really don't want to experience dumping.

Just as an FYI for Danielle since she maybe hasn't heard of dumping...Dumping is what happens when people who have had weight loss surgery eat sugary foods or even too much fruit or food too high in carbs. The symptoms can be nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, sweats, heart palpitations, and needing to lie down. The reason this can happen to people after weight loss surgery is because our stomachs are so small, the food hits the intestines too fast and the body can't handle it. Not everyone who has had weight loss surgery dumps, but of those who don't, most wish they did so that it would help them resist temptation. For me, I just keep telling myself that certain foods will make me feel REALLY sick and it's not worth it. Of course, today I almost felt like it was worth the risk.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:29 PM   #112  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Reading but can't stop to post atm. Back to 12 hour days and maybe 13 today. It's incredible how stupid some people can be. Why would you hire some one on a SAP project who has no idea about SAP? They must have talent in other directions - that's all I can say.

So my days are filled with advising people on how to use the program, trying to write doco, correcting mistakes and gently beating people about the head to get them to learn quick.

If I can keep my eyes open, I will be back tonight. meantime I better go sort myself out for todays warehouse management class.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 04:43 PM   #113  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/130

Height: 5'1

So today is weird for me, I had a horrible time waking up.. maybe it's because I had interrupted sleep thanks to my other half. grr. We won't go into that right now, but he needs to stay on the couch if he passed out there, I mean why bother coming into bed at 4:30am? .. esp if you're waking up in 2hours anyways. :P I'm being a grump - but I love my sleep!! Plus we were ALL enjoying our night until he came in bed and messed everything up. LOL. .. Why I say it's so weird for me today is because I feel better, as if I'm not as bloated feeling, probably just because I'm not over-eating now which is a major plus.. but at the same time I am still feeling fat, haha, I think it's just all feeling fat mentally.

What are some things you all are looking forward to in the better weather months?

Happy - I have to admit.. I skipped weighing in yesterday morning because I was in way too much of a rush to get out the door to our training class, but when I weighed in this morning instead of being 201 or under I was 201.2lbs, I was a little bit bummed because I had kept on plan saturday and sunday, and that was a big challenge for me on the weekends usually, but I am not letting it bring me down because looking at the big picture since wednesday I've dropped 6lbs which is truly amazing and makes me happy, of course. I am anxiously awaiting wednesday morning to see what my REAL weigh in shows, you know? can't wait - can't wait! It's so true that we're all eager to see super fast results, that is what always puts me off, but I really need to just stick with it! I deserve to be happy, and I deserve to be happy with the body I am in. Awe, lop eared bunnies are adorable.. neither of my bunnies are lop eared bunnies. Maybe I need to post a photo of my bunnies.. Jerry is a lionhead, he is SUPER fluffy, and Snowy is a californian mix rabbit, which they are usually huge but she is only close to 5lbs, not that big at all. I am amazed that all of my animals get along really well, so proud of them all.. the problem I have is that Snowy is territorial, so she usually goes after the animals if they come on *HER* rug, because the buns are free-range and can do what they like, when my little Winston who is only 2.5lbs goes on her rug she attacks him, which she will do to the cats & my other dogs but they are bigger and it doesn't affect them at all.. with Winston she can get RIGHT ontop of him.. so I've been leaving a pen up so they are only in the "dining room" which is now dubbed as the bunny room, haha. They're only allowed out of there at nighttime when I'm sleeping or when I'm at work and Winston's in a crate for the day. It's so pathetic hearing Winston cry and scream in pain because of Snowy.. it happened twice and completely broke my heart. I am dying laughing about the story of the chihuahuas chasing off the huge black bears, that's pretty amazing! I would love to see a video of that! The doggies sound adorable! Just to mention about your post about the time change and sleeping.. I am always feeling so tired and ready for bed around 9pm now... but I think once I start with more exercising then maybe that'll change? We'll see. I wish I didn't have to wake up so early in the morning. UGhhhh, work! :P But I'm glad you're able to sleep once you get to sleep, though!

Dee - My goodness, I'm not sure I'd be able to live a life without a bunch of animals, haha. Atleast they have lots of breeds of dogs now a days that are with hair instead of fur, etc. It's cute that the wildlife knows your dogs and they do not mess with eachother, that's wonderful! Puppies must be fun to have around all the time, too. I wish I had that much wildlife around.. annoying or not, I love bunnies and we do have a few wild ones around but they tend to not really come around because of my dogs, haha. My big dog Stubbie had a squirrel friend, they used to play. The squirrel would be on the telephone lines/tree branches and would run back and forth with Stubbie, and they'd have lots of fun together.. but one day we came home to a squirrel squished in our street in front of our house, and I swear it was Stubbies friend which is totally heartbreaking. We do have a different squirrel coming around now but still.. just not the same. My poor boooy. I feel like the frogs croaking would probably annoy me more than the bunnies, but I can understand not wanting holes in your yard either, haha. I used to ride horses when I was in high school, but it wasn't anything I did consistently and I wish it was.. I kind of miss being around horses, do you still get to spend lots of time with horses? I am so jealous that you'll be enjoying 60degree weather.. I can't wait to be able to enjoy the outdoors again with my puppies!
Savemykissesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:30 PM   #114  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I was a good girl tonight and stuck to my points even though it was hard, I was so hungry and I have to skip my 2pt or 4pt icecream treat.. but I am right at my max point when usually I am under by atleast 2 or so. I went for a walk with my dogs after work which was awesome, felt good. I got over my 10k step goal on my fit bit which is great because I haven't done my goal on my fitbit for a week now :\ so it was nice to get it today and plan to get it tomorrow, too.

Michelle - We did luckily have a lot that melted, thank goodness. There were a few commercials on the radio who stated that if the banks were too high to reroute your drive, but how can you do that when either way I went there were high snow banks? haha. Of course it snowed even more on sunday and we broke the record for boston in all history.. we had 108 inches of snow this winter - and sadly it all came kind of at once, how ridiculous is that? It was so fast.. but it's okay I think Snow is pretty and I got a few snow days from it.. and I had to drive in some scary ones to work for a half day and then drive home in the snow again... that was the worst, but I have survived! What kind of dog is Santa? I love that you take him to the dog park, we used to do that with my dogs Tinka & Stubbie but we had to stop because Stubbie would get way too excited and just stopped listening to us.. he loves other dogs and loves I mean LOVES to play. Hopefully Athena likes your boyfriend, haha. How long have Athena and Santa been together? I'm sorry that they don't get along that well,. hopefully they'll adjust. How did you come up with the name Santa? I like it, Santa's coming!! haha Thanks for the compliment on Tinka's name, she is my princess.. I love her so much and I'd love to post some photos for you guys.. just will have to play around and figure out how to do it I guess, haha. I like doggy kisses, too. Tinka actually will go crazy licking my nostrils, and I read that (this is gross) but that puppies do it to their moms so the mom will regurgitate their food.. haha.. I am not sure if that's 100% true, or if it was wolves, not dogs, but either way.. thought it was funny. Weight watchers seems to have me doing good atleast for now, but it hasn't even been a full week. I was STARVING today.. I think I didn't make the right choice for lunch, but I still didn't go over my points which I'm happy for. I'm very anxious to officially weigh in on wednesday, though. eek :| I have already had my gym membership for a while now, I just wish I went a little more. I just couldn't justify spending $40 on it just so I could go to the meetings.. and when I already spend the $20 for the gym membership, ugh. Thank you so much for the compliment, I wish I felt beautiful.. I just got to stick with the whole losing weight so that I can feel better about myself mentally and physically, I really could use a pick me up. I appreciate having you all for support, really, thank you to everyone for having me here. You guys are really helping me to want to stick to losing weight and hope that I can do it before I'm too much older, as I already feel like I'm an old lady haha. I am nervous about having saggy skin, I'm sure no one really looks forward to that, we'll see what happens with me. I am hoping that when my nieces are older they'll come to me but at the same time I am really doubting it as my sister in law's family is so crazy and they are rich so they're almost always visiting.. so I think we won't even matter. I hope I can help you guys with the questions you may have, but I am not sure I will be able to help too much. I really appreciate you all offering to help and offer me support in my emotional mess of a life right now. :\ One of the main reasons I am not really able to talk about my biggest emotional struggle right now is that I think I just am not sure I am ready to really talk about it. I just have suffered a tremendous loss in my life and it's hard for me to even live my life without this person.

I was able to avoid overeating at my aunt's, I didn't eat anything that I didn't bring and had planned for my points, so I am definitely proud of myself. Even though my Uncle took out all of his amazing ice cream options and shoved them in my face, haha. I'm glad you can bring your own things to the tea as well, and am proud of you for doing that, too. My Dad is trying to get the gastric bypass surgery as well, glad it's working out well for you.. I'm praying and hoping and trying to believe in him but I'm not sure he'd be able to stick to the diet afterwards, but I think he'll have no choice so I'm hoping he'll do it definitely.. he went through congestive heart failure recently and is lucky to be alive.

Thank you for explaining to me what dumping is, and it sounds absolutely awful. I am very proud of you for choosing other options than that piece of cake. Michelle - 1 Cake - 0 You win!

Laura - My food at my aunts house worked out really well, I just had brought myself a salad.. haha of course my Aunt did Weight watchers so she has all this stuff to say about it all but some of it was positive, others were kind of annoying like telling me not to eat almonds every day even though I do not eat them every day, haha. She's thinking about starting the Atkins diet but she's one of those people who do not have a lot of weight to lose, and never has been heavy to begin with.. but it's okay, I love my aunt. I ate my salad and I had my orange for a snack later on and then when it got time for me to be hungry for dinner I was like I better go home because I didn't bring anything for dinner, haha. I am very passionate about rescue, and I am always so upset about our poor animals that end up mistreated by people and end up in kill shelters and have to pay the ultimate price because of irresponsible people. ugh.. I was so happy today that I got to see some girl posting that she wants a rabbit and wondering how to care for them, I told her all I could and she has decided that they are not the right pet for her family after all. I like when people actually listen to the advice you give, too. Have you ever done a Jazzerciser class off youtube? Maybe I'll try one, it sounds like fun! My gym does have classes.. I really like the step & kickboxing class.. thats the one I like the best. I'm into cardio classes more than strength training.. I haven't gone in a while though, the girl I usually go with has been making lots of excuses but I think we're going this thursday. Bummer that the Jazzerciser class you like isn't close enough. Glad you enjoyed your TBC and Zumba classes and hope you are able to do them more often. Sounds like you had a pretty busy weekend! Lots of yummy food We have a bagel place here called bagel world.. I am addicted to their sandwiches but I know I can't really track them correctly with the points, etc, which is probably a good thing, haha. I still have to do my taxes, too O.O ugh
Savemykissesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:49 AM   #115  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Tuesday all...Happy St. Paddy's Day/Night!!

Last night was absolutely gorgeous. Grilled out and then watched swamp people. Dishes and bed. Oh and a load of laundry. We left the sliding door open to the backyard and Sassy had a field day running in and out. DANIELLE..Sassy is my lil mini-dashund a whole 8 lbs. Too cute for words and so sweet and snuggly. Anyway, she got to see her friend next door, Tempe that she hasn't seen all winter. They ran up and down the fence for about a half hour, then she came in and dropped.

DS is feeling better and better each day. He goes back for his two week check up this Friday and returns to work on Monday. Hopefully he will check out ok, and be on the permanent mend.

Got a screw in my tire on Saturday, so I called AAA they came and put the spare on. Had to take my car yesterd to the dealer (cause I have a tire warranty), they fixed the tire and put it back on. Sheese stuff like this is so annoying. Not to mention, all the potHOHs<---pun intended we have to dodge around here.

DANIELLE...Good on you to get your weight control on track at an early age. Even with bariatric surgery and regaining a little too much, I am finding it hard to lose 20-30 lbs. I have lost 15 since about October and have kept that off, just have not moved forward with that since about February. WW is a great program and I have done it a couple of times with great success. It is just so easy to fall back into the old habits and regain.

CHELLE...I may just plan a trip to CA to visit with you and see the Mash set. I loved that show. Even when they changed characters, I still liked it as much as the orginal actors. Yes and dumping, having experiencing it more than I care to remember, after you MUST lay down cause it takes all your energy and you are one zapped puppy. I can remember doing it at work and lying down under my desk to recooperate for about an hour. It is bad sister! Beware!! Good job staying clear of the cake, you saved yourself some trouble. I could eat chicken but not beef, kinda still that way unless it is meatloaf or a very lean ground beef.

SHADDIE...you need some strong coffee, 12 hour energy drinks, speed or something. It is hard to work hours like that on a daily basis. From working two jobs, I can tell you it is tough to do. May the force be with you!!! I agree with you on WHY OH WHY do inexperienced people get hired for positions they are not qualified for, unless they run a good bluff when interviewing.

TERRA...yum, anything mexican food is my love. Especially with jalapenos. Taco soup is right up there. Wish I was at class that day. lol.

LAURA...your balance ball sounds like the one we have that I got with my Humana bucks when I worked there. C uses it for his back exercises. We are missing taco Tuesday today because of the parade going down that street during lunch. All the restaurants and sidewalks will be packed. I brought leftovers today to avoid that crowd. Your St. Paddy's day celebration sounded like fun which is what made me think of Taco Tuesday. haha. If you only missed one punch on your card, I would say that was a very successful card, considering some "punch-free" classes you attended. Good use of the $$.

DEE....did not take the boys to any parades on Saturday as it was Royce's 1st bd party, plus Indy's St Patty's day parade is today, right past my building at 11:30, so I will stand and look out our 16th floor window for a birdseye view! I may have to feast on an Arby's Rueben this weekend sometime. Our Arby's used to be nasty dirty, but have re-vamped and are nice now. We used to call them Scabbys or Scarbys.

HAPPY...we had some excellent temps yesterday. My car said 76 on the way home from work. You should video Nina and the bugs that would be a hoot to watch. I wonder if you got one of those red laser lights if she would play with you. They are cheap and would be funny. Probably make her nuts tho. Sorry your entire body is aching from riding in the car, sounds like you need to soad in epsom salt bath with candles, lights out, and a glass of your favorite beverage...hot tea? I think the Cymbalta I am on for depression/anxiety helps with my aches and pains, that is a side effect from taking it, what a good side effect.

CEEG....your vacation sound like a fun success and the wedding was great. Enjoy your last few days with family. You deserve it.

SUSIE...I don't know who is more the work-a-holic, you or SHADDIE. Be sure to take the needed breaks and get up and take a little walk around the office or home. I have office chair arse, for sure...how was the movie?

Bout it for me....work is calling....think I will change my name.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:49 AM   #116  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Happy St. Paddy's Day to all you fine chicks Today marks a year ago that we had the devastating fire at the thrift shop that destroyed the place and the building. At the time we thought what a horrible thing and we are all so sad but none of us could have imagined the difference the new store made and how we "rose from the ashes". We probably made 4 times the money we did at the old place in this year past.

I really like my Kundalini yoga class and teacher on Mondays. She is ending the class at the end of the month because there are only 3 of us and it's not cost effective for her so she is taking a break and looking at other options. I do have the book she uses but it's hard to do it yourself when you are not trained and 6 weeks of classes don't make me an expert!

Annie - what an adorable picture of Royce and his smash cake!!!! Bummer on the tire but that and potholes do happen. I hope you don't have a front end alignment in your future - I hated the spring dodge the pot hole game. Have a good day at the office today.

Shad - I am sorry to hear you are back to the long days and carrying most of the load at work. When we were doing SAP they brought in a ton of young consultants who were learning on the job and had no idea about the package. We were basically paying for them to get an education. And they were rather stubborn about their lack of knowledge too. Don't burn yourself out.

Danielle - the thing about WW and their flex plan is that you can conform the plan to what you like. With that there are many different ways to eat so someone will always criticize things. As long as you are eating a well balanced meal and not slogging pizza for lunch and then sugar free cocoa and air popped pop corn for dinner because you are out of points, don't pay attention to others. I would get frustrated that I'd eat healthy and it would be so many points!!!! - ie. a glass of milk is as many points as a Coke! I can't do sugar free anything so that hurt a lot. As for the meetings, if you get a leader who is not motivating (and there's a lot of them out there), then it's just money wasted. Most people who go to them do so because they feel accountable for weighing in. So ... just weigh at your house with a friend and have them give you the stern look if you don't hit goal for the week and save yourself $19

Michelle - oh boy cake. I guess it's good to have an alternative planned because honestly, who would not be tempted by something like that? And cocoa doesn't always cut it. Good on you for resisting!

Laura - good score on the bosu ball. Will be interested to know how much you like it. If nothing else, will be good to develop and strengthen your balance. Sounds like you get some pretty rigorous work outs! Good going!

Time for me to jump in the shower and get my stuff together for my stint at the shop. I've been getting there right at 10 and I should actually get in about 15 minutes before the store opens. I will catch up with the rest of you when I get back.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:51 AM   #117  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies,

Happy St. Patrick's Day!! I forgot all about what day it is, so I didn't wear green.

Yesterday, a friend of mine from the dog park asked if I could take her dog to the dog park, and I happily agreed. Her dog is a total sweetheart and gets along great with Santa. She also said for dinner, and said she'd text me when dinner was close to ready so I could bring the dogs back. It was a delicious dinner...a chicken stir fry served in lettuce leaf wraps. So yummy!! I've told her I can't eat much, but she still served a big portion. When I couldn't eat it all, she packed it in a container for me to take home for dinner tonight!

=========================
Laura - Good for you for getting all that exercise in over the weekend. TBC class sounds like a seriously good workout. What an excellent bargain on the Bosu ball! Those are excellent! Back when I was doing A LOT of planks, I would sometimes do a plank on a Bosu (with the rounded side down) to make even more challenging. I haven't yet gotten back to that level. Glad you enjoyed the new restaurant. I love Zumba too. I just have to make time to get to a class. Glad you had a nice night with friends. Good for you for finishing your taxes! Homemade strawberry ice cream? What a treat!

Shad - Sounds like you're having a helluva time on this project - insanely long days, people who don't know SAP.

Danielle - bummer about the interrupted sleep, but what a great observation that you're not feeling bloated. Don't be bummed about the 0.2, our weight fluctuates all the time, and overall you're doing great! And no matter what the scale says tomorrow, you're already feeling the positive effects of the healthier eating! I hope Snowy stops hurting Winston. So sad about Stubbie's squirrel friend. I'm so proud of you for sticking to your points and get over your 10k step goal! Santa is a white Miniature Schnauzer. Athena adores my boyfriend. Athena and Santa have lived together for about 14 months. Santa has always been good (and respectful) to her, but she still doesn't like him. When I got Santa from a rescue, his name was Santo after a baseball player on a team I didn't like...but he was already two years old, so I didn't want to change it much. So with his white mustache and beard (that Schnauzers have), I figured Santa would be perfect. As for sagging skin, I think you're young enough and losing at a good rate so you'll be fine. I'm so sorry for your tremendous loss. I gained nearly all of my weight due to "losses". The first was the breakup of my first marriage (I gained 30 lbs), then I was able to stay at that weight (but not lose) for many years until my mom, dad and best friend were all diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer (I gained at least 50 lbs during the last year of their lives and the year after they passed away). And then after the breakup of my 2nd marriage (after being together 22 years), I gained another 20-30 lbs. To say I'm an emotional eater is an understatement, and it's still something I have to work on...because weight loss surgery only shrinks the stomach, it doesn't prevent the emotions that drove me to eat. And I just lost a good friend after a difficult battle to cancer...only now I can't turn to food...which makes it challenging to say the least. for doing so well at your aunt's!

Annie - Glad you had a nice evening last night! It would be awesome to go to the MASH set. That was one of my all time fave TV shows! I did ok with the chicken my friend made...maybe I'm just cooking it wrong. LOL I loved the cake picture of R! So adorable! Thanks for the additional warning about dumping.

Happy - The thrift store rose from the ashes because of dedicated volunteers like you and your DH. Bummer that your yoga class is ending. It is hard to do it on your own. Maybe you can do a Peggy Cappy DVD. To resist the cake, I had a sugar free cocoa...AND a Dannon Light Greek yogurt...banana cream pie flavor! I was hesitant to try that flavor, but I'm glad I did...to me, it tasted almost exactly like Marie Calendar's banana cream pie (one of my faves).

to Susie, Dee, Terra and Ceejay!

Much love to all,
Old 03-17-2015, 10:55 AM   #118  
Creating a Healthier Me

Default My Transformation So Far

One more quick post. I posted this on Facebook because a lot of people kept requesting "progress photos". So here goes: The photo on the right was taken 11 days prior to my surgery (after I'd already lost 30 lbs of pre-surgery weight required by my doctor and insurance). The photo on the left was taken at the beginning of March when I was 45 lbs down from my surgery weight. I'm now 50 lbs down from surgery weight.

Old 03-17-2015, 11:57 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Michelle
You look great

--------
I haven't gone back read all the post. Learned something new for me today. I actually set up a FB account on my phone and set the mobile hotspot have to connect to the phone. I'm learning. I've posted a couple of pictures.
I'm at work with my sister and bil. Think they are working till noon then we go to lunch and to the Arboretum. Tomorrow is travel day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:59 AM   #120  
Creating a Healthier Me

Thanks, Ceejay! Have a great day with your sister and bil! Safe travels tomorrow.