Old 05-07-2009, 11:48 PM   #361  

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Lee: good job on the WL and keeping on track in the face of potential problems!

Lady: What's been going on in your world? Haven't heard from you much...

Meme: How is the new resolve at planning coming along? Sometimes it takes a bit to get back on the horse (or eating plan!) hope all is going well for you!

Chantal: Maybe you should come and cook for me! haha I am such a creature of habit... Also don't really follow any of the recipes, usually just bake my meat with a bit of Mrs. Dash. Relying heavily on the raw carrots lately as I have limited time for cooking and no real desire. Oh well, at least I'm starting to get all of my food in again!

How many others here are exercising? What do you do? I'm currently in the habit of going about half hour on the treadmill (2 min walk, 2 min run - 200 cal according to the machine). Usually follow it up with some light weights and an ab exercise that involves drawing each letter of the alphabet with you feet together while laiyng on your back (sounds easy, but it's a killer!)

Today was my 4th day in a row at the gym. Very proud of myself for going. Starting to notice that my hip joints aren't bothering me as much as expected (as they were bad before) but my knees are killing me! haha
Oh well, head there tomorrow and take the weekend off I think!

At my last visit they said the guideline was one inch lost for every pound. Does this seem to fit with all of you??

Feel like I'm always asking about when people started the program and how they are doing... maybe something to add to the signature like Chantal. Wonder if my brain could handle attempting that right now! lol

Hope everyone has an awesome day tomorrow with plannig and making healthy choices.
MicheleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:22 AM   #362  
Chocoholic

S/C/G: 151/ 119 /120

Height: 5 feet tall & bullet proof!

Quote:
At my last visit they said the guideline was one inch lost for every pound. Does this seem to fit with all of you??
Nope that does not fit for me. I've lost 14lbs & 23 1/4 inches. So, almost double the inches. Anyway, WI this a.m. and I am the SAME! Damn! Hopefully that changes soon, or I may just lose my marbles! Treadmill here I come.......
witchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:24 AM   #363  
banned

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee2lee View Post
I love to see all the enthusiasm here!!!!! I went in today and I was down the weight I gained with that TOM and plus .4 so I think that makes it 11.2 pounds. We will see how tomorrow goes at weigh in before the mothers day weekend. I have to work and my daughter has a soccer tournament go figure!!!

I took the kiddies out for supper to Kelseys... what a hard choice!!! The little choices I had from the dining out guide I couldn't have because I would be over my allotment for the day so here is what I ordered... Salmon on salad. The salad had spinach, lettuce, little bit of onions, peppers, broccoli, and mandarin oranges, the clincher was that it also contained crispy noodles and sunflower seeds with a sesame ginger dressing or something like that. I asked for dressing on the side which I didn't use I used lemon. Told the waiter no crispy noodles, and no sunflowers seeds. I ate the salmon which was very good, gave some to the kids, and ate half of the greens. I did well, no appetizers, no alcohol, no bites off the kids plate, and the hardest part NO DESSERT. I am proud.

I also went on the treadmill for 30 minutes tonight. We will see what tomorrow brings.

Take care...

lee2lee
WAY TO GO!!! I'm proud of you! And even if you did eat a bite of something... you are HUMAN. Keep it up!!
Chantal0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:29 AM   #364  
banned

[QUOTE=MicheleR;2732789]

Feel like I'm always asking about when people started the program and how they are doing... maybe something to add to the signature like Chantal. Wonder if my brain could handle attempting that right now! lol
QUOTE]

1 - they said the same to me but that is AVERAGE. I seem to be average LOL

2 - Yes I agree...would love it that everyone would write it in their signatures... at least, we don't need to ask how long, etc., etc.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:33 AM   #365  
banned

Hi there! HAPPY FRIDAY!

Leaving early from work today... don't feel like doing much. My mind is already on weekend mode.

Busy weekend ahead... was hoping to do a Garage Sale tomorrow...but with the possiblity of rain, etc..not sure if we want to risk it.

Having Mother's Day diner at my house for both sides (mine & my husband's).
If I don't have the garage sale, I'll probably cook, if not... we'll order out and I'll be nice

Sunday - mother's day Brunch with my Dad's Family... again, will be tempting but I'll be ok! I know I can do this!!!

WI tonight...I weighed myself at home last night and I feel like I lost another pound...woohoo. We'll see tonight.

I keep forgetting my damn pills at home...grrrrrr!
Old 05-08-2009, 01:37 PM   #366  
Chocoholic

Iam unable to use the signature option, looks like you have to be a member for 20 days, and meet the minimum post requirement. What is the minimum post requirement?
Old 05-08-2009, 02:57 PM   #367  
Success is a journey

S/C/G: 200/173/140

Height: 5'5

I still seem to be struggling. I would say I am on track about 80% of the time this week. Overall, I am proud of where I've come from and I know I will be successful. It is hard for me sometimes to read how quickly some of you are losing. I try and be gentle with myself because this really is a hard time for me but HECK! I want to succeed just as much as any of you.

I have WI tomorrow and I am dreading it. I believe I will be the same or slightly up and I hate that. After last weeks little 'you are off schedule' speech from my centre the last thing I want is to be further behind yet.
Ugh. This weekend I have to work like a fiend because it is my husband's birthday. My kids have friends over today/tonight so I have to entertain them. Tomorrow we are having guests to celebrate the birthday and I am baking the cake. Sunday we are having guests for mother's day so I will be cooking for that. It is good in the sense that I will be cooking healthy foods for everyone... but it is bad because quite frankly I am discouraged.
mememegogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:15 PM   #368  

Witchie: No idea what the min. post requirement is but I'm sure with 30 (and more by the 20 day mark) you'll be fine!

Meme: That sounds like quite the busy weekend! I'm sure you will pull yourself through it and be fine. I know how you feel about others losing more as I am also a "small loser" compared to the majority here. Just be proud of the 20 lbs you have already lost and how good it will feel to get the ball rolling towards additional loss! In my opinion, the harder you have to work for it, the more proud of yourself you will be for accomplishing what seems like the impossible some days!

Last edited by MicheleR; 05-08-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:35 PM   #369  
Success is a journey

I joined Herbal because I know it works... and it works fast. With my current health issues however it isn't 'working fast' for me. And I am not sticking to it as much as I should in order for it to 'work fast'. So I am hooped both ways. I tell myself that although I am slowly and steadily losing that at the end of the day I will get there and I will keep it off. But how can I not be discouraged? Lately, hearing other people's 'keys to success' or 'positive attitude' isn't cutting it for me. I find it more discouraging if anything. I feel myself getting callous and close to the 'who cares anyway' stage... and that is a dangerous place to be. I don't want to quit ... I want to succeed... but the reality is that I am stuck... and I am stuck due to my own lack of self-discipline. And my own lack of self-discipline makes me angry at myself which makes me more discouraged which makes me 'not stick to it' all the more. Sound familiar to anyone?

Don't read this and think I am asking how to follow the plan. I know how to follow the plan. I know how to vary my food. I know how to work out efficiently. I know the answers... I am seeking the 'I've been in your shoes and I understand and I believe in you... even in your shortcomings... you can do this!' ... *SIGH!!!!!!!!*
Old 05-09-2009, 03:13 AM   #370  

S/C/G: 228.6/196.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mememegogirl View Post
I joined Herbal because I know it works... and it works fast. With my current health issues however it isn't 'working fast' for me. And I am not sticking to it as much as I should in order for it to 'work fast'. So I am hooped both ways. I tell myself that although I am slowly and steadily losing that at the end of the day I will get there and I will keep it off. But how can I not be discouraged? Lately, hearing other people's 'keys to success' or 'positive attitude' isn't cutting it for me. I find it more discouraging if anything. I feel myself getting callous and close to the 'who cares anyway' stage... and that is a dangerous place to be. I don't want to quit ... I want to succeed... but the reality is that I am stuck... and I am stuck due to my own lack of self-discipline. And my own lack of self-discipline makes me angry at myself which makes me more discouraged which makes me 'not stick to it' all the more. Sound familiar to anyone?

Don't read this and think I am asking how to follow the plan. I know how to follow the plan. I know how to vary my food. I know how to work out efficiently. I know the answers... I am seeking the 'I've been in your shoes and I understand and I believe in you... even in your shortcomings... you can do this!' ... *SIGH!!!!!!!!*

Ok I can approach this many ways... the heavy handed way, the gentle way... not to sure which way I should do this.. so here I go. From the sounds of it I'm not sure that you want out help??..the fact that our successes are making you feel more discouraged is not a good situation. We are proud of our accomplishments. YEs we all have been through this, and yes we know you can do it!!!! You have to want to do it and I think deep down in your heart you are not to sure if you really want it. I have done HM before but I quit after 1 month because I wasn't in the right frameof mind and I was getting depressed because it seemed to me at that time that I couldn't eat anything.

The fact that you lost 20 pounds is great. The fact that you are plugging through on your own with a back injury is amazing we have all told you that before. YOU should be proud of your accomplishments. Enjoy yourself for a few days and enjoy mothers day then pick a day that you will recommit yourself to the plan the best way you can. And if it doesn't work maybe your center can give a helping hand. Maybe you should quit the program until your back is better and then maybe it will give you a renewed sense of I can do this. I'm not sure what the answer is only you can decide whats right for you. You know what the problem is you said it in your post... now what are you going to do about it??? But I hope you find what you are looking for in someone's answers.

I am sure there will be times in the future where we will be coming on here upset about our not so successful weigh ins and the slip ups, and the disappointments and the cravings, and the bad weekends. This has got to be the toughest diet for me but I need the discipline and the centres watchful eye or else I would eat junk that is how I am the weight I am. It will be a long haul and trust me it is a difficult journey but remember you are improving your health at the same time.

Take care and be good to yourself you deserve it....
lee2lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:42 AM   #371  
Chocoholic

mememegogirl: Not too sure what to say here. You seem to know the program well enough, and know what you need to do to be successful. I think maybe your problems lie at an emotional/psychological level, a counsellor may be of some assistance to you to deal with any underlying issues. That being said, I joined HM mainly for the accountability aspect of it. I needed to be accountable for the BAD choices I made. If I had nobody to answer to I would just eat large quantities of not so healthy food. I wanted somebody to kick my *** when I was not following program. I wanted something that I couldn't hide from when I messed up. I think that frustration, disappointment, victory, sweat, blood & tears are just a part of the journey, after all did we think it was going to be easy? A couple of motivational tools that I use: First thing in the a.m. while brushing teeth or whatever, I verbally list a few things I am grateful for. For example this a.m. went like this " I am grateful that I have lost 14lbs and am continuing to lose, I am grateful that I did 30 mins on the treadmill yesterday & will again today, etc". I know it seems silly but it works! During the day when I'm not feeling so motivated, I crank up the tunes! (Literally) Turn the stereo on HIGH and blast some *** kickin' awesome music. Next thing you know your energy level and mood has improved dramatically, and you may even find yourself dancin! Hey, I might just do that right now...where did I put my Guns n Roses CD? Take care you can do this. Remember, the only time you fail is if you never try! *Lifts her glass of icewater in a toast* Cheers girls!!
Old 05-09-2009, 02:16 PM   #372  
Success is a journey

Lee2lee: You hit the nail on the head. It is an emotional block that I do need to address with a professional.

Please don't read what I wrote yesterday as a criticism of any of you and your successes. I am just at a low point and needed to vent. I am sorry if I put anyone on the defensive.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:30 PM   #373  

S/C/G: 228.6/196.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Hey girl... put your head up and smile!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mememegogirl View Post
Lee2lee: You hit the nail on the head. It is an emotional block that I do need to address with a professional.

Please don't read what I wrote yesterday as a criticism of any of you and your successes. I am just at a low point and needed to vent. I am sorry if I put anyone on the defensive.
Never did I take what you wrote as criticism... just a cry for help, I could see the message between the lines. I just say it like it is sometimes...I am glad that you recognized the problem now you need to take the next step right??? NOw you need to decide whether to continue or put the program on a stand still. If you continue WE will be here for you you know that. But don't let the slow loses worry you... you are losing thats important right????

Always here...

lee2lee
lee2lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:59 PM   #374  

S/C/G: 156/135/125

Height: 5'2"

Default New to the forum!

Hey there, I am new to the forum. I saw the link posted by Chantal on the Facebook group I joined for HM. I love to read all the posts, as I love to know there are other people out there on program with me. I tried in vain to get one of my friends to join HM with me, but she just wasn't in the right mindset. I joined HM March 13th and I am down 20.25 (hey...that 0.25 counts!!) and I have 10-15 lbs to go. Just wanted to say hi, and say how awesome everyones progress is so far!
trabay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:36 PM   #375  

Hey trabay, welcome to the group!

Hope everything is going well for everyone this weekend!

Having a stressful week full of personal problems myself. Never have been one to turn to food and I'm grateful that this diet hasn't turned me in to one. I am however someone who will definitely turn to friends and alcohol. I know it's s***** but it's what I do. Not asking for advice or anything, just felt the need to fess up.

Had weigh in on Sat. down 2 lbs, only 1.5 inches... frusterating since I went to the gym 5 days last week, but understandable because I also went out two days this past week (including the day before the weigh in). One of these days I'll stop being my own worst enemy!

Have to give my clinic a pat on the back for not being as pushy with sales as some of yours sound. They mentioned sugar blockers to me for when I knew I'd be having drinks, but in the same breath also mentioned that I seem to be doing okay being accountable for my own actions (gym, extra water, etc.) and probably don't need them. Just a nice relief to not feel cornered to buy pills since I don't want to have to rely on them.

Good week and good planning to everyone!

Last edited by MicheleR; 05-10-2009 at 05:37 PM.