Height: 5'5"

Default Testing again I think I got it

Test
lee2lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:24 PM   #497  
Success is a journey

S/C/G: 200/173/140

Height: 5'5

Congrats on your ticker Lee! Don't be discouraged about the scale. Just keep away from it and follow the program. You know how the scale can fluctuate throughout the day. Ignore it for a couple of days and just allow your wi to determine your actual numbers. Focus on the small victories, the here and now, the tangible such as: how far you've come, how great you feel, what you have learned, where you are going. I am preaching just as much to myself as to anyone. We will succeed!
mememegogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:09 PM   #498  
Success is a journey

S/C/G: 200/173/140

Height: 5'5

I think it is time for me to share my story. I am not sharing it because I am proud of it but rather because I think being real with people is helpful. If someone else can benefit from hearing my struggle then it is worthwhile sharing.

I officially signed up for Herbal Magic in mid November, 2008 right before I got engaged. I had in mind that I wanted to look good for my wedding day of January 3rd. I was unsuccessful. I managed to lose 10 lbs and then Christmas Parties and social events around the holidays and the stress of planning a wedding in a short period of time kicked in. December 28th, I hurt my back. January 3rd I got married. January 15th I went back to Herbal Magic with a new commitment. I lost and gained the same 8 lbs for about a month. Quite frankly, I was struggling with my back pain and coping by turning to food. So... I took a step back from HM again. February 8th I had to stop working because my back pain was getting worse rather than better. Since February 8th my mobility has been greatly reduced. There was a period of time when all I could do was move from bed to bathroom, to couch. Standing, sitting, walking, anything hurt so bad it brought tears to my eyes. Needless to say HM was not top priority for me at that time either. So I quit again and became quite depressed and again turned to food. At my heaviest I was just over 201lbs. March 3rd I went back to HM and recommitted (again... ) and have been doing ok at it. I am not where I want to be at this point, but I am slowly doing this and I know that as my back heals I will be doing all the better at it. I haven't wanted to tell anyone this because quite frankly I am ashamed of all my starts and stops. I am disappointed with myself that I didn't 'get it right' the first time back in November, or the 2nd time, ... but like they say.. 3rd time's the charm... I am committed to doing this now... finally! For real, not half-a$$ed but for realsies! I am proud of my 20 lbs lost and look forward to seeing that number increase as I move closer and closer to being where I want to be.

For those of you who are extra observant, you have probably noticed that my ticker has been at 180lbs for about 3 weeks. I have lost and gained about 5lbs over and over in that period of time. This week I will break the 180lb barrier and change my ticker. I never want to move it up ... but down sounds good to me! I am proud of myself, I am not a failure, and today I am wearing some super cute non-stretch jeans that haven't fit in a couple of years. I couldn't get these on 3 weeks ago. So take heart those of you who feel like this is too hard. I have been there... we have all been there ... today is a new day and we can do this! Thanks for listening.. and sorry for not sharing this sooner.
mememegogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:38 PM   #499  
healthy is SEXY

S/C/G: 210.4/191/145

Height: 5'4"

Meme...

Thanks for sharing your story. I admire your strength, and although I haven't experienced anything like that... I have been around people who have and I can understand how hard it must be to manage weight loss. With regards to starts and stops... I'm positive that 90% of us on here have had lots of those. I've been "recycling" pounds for a while as well. I read a statistic once that the average smoker quits MANY times before giving it up for good. The same must go for emotional eating. We all learn from screwing up and most of us could write a book on what works for our bodies... but I for one can't do it on my own, and that's why I (we) turned to HM. It isn't easy... but we will eventually be happier, healthier and SMALLER. And I can't wait to get rid of my friggen stretchy jeans!!!!!!!!! Hmmm is 'friggen' a Newfoundland word?
Nicole210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:43 AM   #500  
trying to be the real me!

S/C/G: 289/281/270

This thread is closed.. we have hit 499 posts and it closes at 500, so here is the new thread link for you :O)

Herbal Magic Thread #4
2 dogs 1 lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:02 PM   #501  

S/C/G: 287.6/261.0/190

Height: 5'10"

Default Just joined!

Hi everyone! I joined Herbal Magic on Monday and I am excited about this program. I saw a link for this board on facebook. I live an hour and a half away from the closest centre, so hopefully this board can be my support when I can't make it in.

-Candace
Candy02 is offline   Reply With Quote