Old 03-09-2008, 05:12 PM   #211  

Penny many thanks for your ideas. Boy so much stuff isn't good for us. I currently am making some homemade blk bean soup veggies style going to share with my daughter. I think it will be a good fiber filler for the week healthy too. I will watch for corn syrup I know that they always try to trick us by changing the names of items on the labels to throw us off to buy the bad items. Life is tricky. Your hair cut sounds cute. I also wear a bob with banges. I recently had it lifted a bit in the back shorter and will do a little more before my trip for a nice change.
Judy you poor thing thats not fun our lights flickered a few times during the wind storm and the hubby said better go to bed off he went I stayed up for a bit we never lost power which is unusual for us. Well off to my daughters for dinner yah Ohio got it bad. I fly into and out of there on the 25th. hope it isn't bad then hope your folks are doing okay.
cckayac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:48 PM   #212  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone,

The weekend was great. It was supposed to be misty/rainy and instead sunny and not a cloud in the sky. So my co-workers/friends and I went skiing. I'd gone with one in January and she's more of an intermediate skier and slower. So I knew that. The other is my skill level. When we exhausted #1, we had a bit of fun on the black diamonds. I'm tired and have a little sunburn. I forgot to re-apply sunscreen at lunch. We really had a beautiful day (about 55 and no wind and no clouds).

DH's BD was nice. The German Choc Cake is too die for. I think it'll be a temptation for a while. My piece was a small as I could slice it so that is vey good. Maybe a 1/2" slice of the layer cake.

Judy, I hope your power is restored. Icky - cold sponge bath.

Penny, congrats on the "no". That's wonderful. I look forward to seeing your new hairstyle someday. It sounds very pretty.

Carol, Weaves are sort of like highlighting. They take a small slice of hair, then weave out half of it (like if you took a knitting needle and wend up and down across a 2" line) then they color only a little bit of the weave using foil pieces. What it does is totally blurs any root line. Mostly I have dark blond wove in so that the sun highlights that take over my hair are darkened. She'll do some of the weave with hightlights so that the lighter blond from last summer is melted into the darker roots. It's pretty cool.

Well, time to work on dinner and tomorrow starts another week.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:34 PM   #213  

Marie how cool the hair do sounds. I am not sure if they do that here. I have never heard of it. Only high lights and streaks etc.. I will ck it out. Sounds really cool! I stopped at my moms tonight god bless her the wig was all mated down on her head. She bobby pins it so much to ensure it doesn't fly away if its windy oh my. Well I decided to wash it for her I think she was a bit nervous but I did it anyways. She stuck the spare one on and I think after it dries she will be pleased with it. Mom is still recovery from last falls awful hairdresser whom left her just about bald with her already thin hair. We woman have to care about hair way more than any man I know. Todays intakes weren't too bad but we have company staying with my SIL so I baked a box white cake tonight. I will have a little no frosting some fruit on top. Marie you out door activity sounded like fun and some sun too. Good for you fresh air and outside winter conditions is suppose to burn more cals than norm. Talk to you all soon.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:46 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 202/191/155

Height: 5 FT- 5 INCHES

G,day all hope everyone is well I just thought I would pop in and say Hi,
Marie the hair sounds good here downunder we just call it foils weaves are more like hair extensions.
Carol I hope your mum,s wig came out OK god love her, I agree men just get a trim and away they go, but some are a little bit more fussy 1 of my daughters her boyfriend is worse than a women his hair has to be just so, he is a real pretty boy or so he thinks he is LOL.
Anyway not much happening food intake not to bad, it is still hot here even though we are in Autumn the seasons are all over the place, sometimes we get them all in one day.
Take care everyone
G,day Judy, Penny & Nikki

Juls
NEWYEARNEWME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 06:40 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Hi, ladies! Another somewhat chaotic work day is coming to an end. I have to figure out how to keep my new boss from taking up all of my time....she loves to travel, so maybe I'll just keep her on the road all the time . It's not that bad, I just need to let her know when I'm too busy to sit and yak.

The power outage kept me from doing laundry, so this morning I got up super-early and washed four loads. No workout this morning. I'll ride the bike tonight. I did the IntenSati video yesterday, but I kept thinking of Marie and laughing, so it wasn't very aerobic.

Carol, it's all about Hawaii, isn't it? I'm sure they'll have the runways clear in the Ohio airports in plenty of time for your trip, unless they get another huge blizzard this month. Good for you, having a tiny slice of cake . It was nice of you to bake one for your sis-in-law.

Juls, it's good to hear from you. How can you decide what to wear when the weather's so crazy? It was 70 degrees here just a week ago, but I had to pull out my winter coat this weekend, and I wasn't too happy about that!

Penny, the next time you have to say "no" to your husband, remind him that he was supportive of that before .

Marie, it sounds like you had another excellent weekend. I tried not to mope too much, but it was hard--apparently I owe a lot in taxes (and I was thinking I had refund coming ), I was in a panic that my cable service wouldn't be fixed in time for the finale of The Wire (it's all good), and of course, there was the no-heat-or-hot-water thing. But the weekend wound up a good note despite it all.

I'm really struggling with my intake. I bought a book to help me with stress and eating (focusing on breathing). I've been on program today, but I just had a bad of baked chips, which is totally about feeling frenzied. So I definitely have a challenge!

Okay, time to go home and work out.

take care--judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:20 AM   #216  

Judy I did get into a bit of that dang cake at least it didn't have frosting just plain I am all over that now it doesn't thrill me anymore. Funny how things just reach out and grab us low control I tell yah all no will power sometimes could of been worse. Little plain white box cake. I didn't get to the gym last night no workout clothes with me. But they are packed and ready today. I agree with you Judy my work has been nuts. One emergency visit, another in for surgery and others having staff that need reminders of what their jobs are. I wasn't very well liked by a group home staff system this week but if they were doing their jobs properly they wouldn't need me riding them to do so. It kills me that people can be so careless with other peoples lifes. Darn them and shame on them the worst is they don't even see it as being wrong. Oh well I am paid to ensure safe and healthy lifes and thats what I do like it or not. But stressful needless to say this week. I am hoping for a much better day today even with the little snow flakes falling this a.m. Well take care pretty much on program with intakes other than my little cake plurge.
I am on a count down and thats truly exciting. Got the suitcases out , tanning is started, shopping for the baby etc....
Old 03-12-2008, 07:03 PM   #217  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Judy - Boy, if you find anything that helps with stress and eating, let me know! I sure could use some help in that department. As for my DH encouraging me to say "no" - well, he figures that rule doesn't necessarily apply to him .

Carol - Sounds like you've had a particularly stressful week - just keep thinking nice thoughts of tropical Hawaii.

Marie - Your skiing weekend sounds like fun and you must have burned a bazillion calories.

Juls - Good to hear from you. I hope you've fully recovered from your pneumonia.

I've been keeping fairly on track but the scale still won't budge. I started working out again on Monday - in a limited way. There are several machines I just can't do yet, but it felt good to get back in the swing of things again. I can move around a lot better now and even did a little light yard work.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:42 PM   #218  
Lifelong Journey Member

Half-way through the week and counting...

This has been a horrible week. Monday started with the stupid in-service I got to co-teach with the co-worker that doesn't help with preparations. Good thing is I complained enough to get myself off the team next year. I was so excited and my boss just shook her head at me. Now she's worried it'll fall apart with the other person taking charge. Well, duh... But I'm off and thrilled!!! Yesterday was trying to catch up from Monday and get ready for an all day meeting today. And today was the meeting. How's a girl to 3FC at work is she's working???

Judy, I'm so sorry I ruined your video workout. Really ignore me. Just be it... Feel it. Do it. OK, I'm mean, I know it.

Penny I'm glad you're getting around better. Stay away from the machines that could hurt. Someday the scale will move. Mine did - straight up. (OK, I lie, I haven't stepped on it in months - but I do know the truth).

Juls, good to hear from you. What are you doing these days?

Carol, conscientious workers always look at people who don't care with a shake of their heads. In education, we have young students future in our hands and it blows my mind (on a daily basis) how incompetent and uncaring some of the staff is. It's very frustrating, but HI is coming.

Speaking of the beach, I don't get to go this year. I resigned myself to that last week. BUT, being exited from the techteam has another side benefit. I won't have to go to the Portland conference over President's Day next year. That means I can go to Daytona that weekend. DH will joyfully go with my to Florida because I'll bribe him with the Daytona 500. Ooo-la-la. Next February, here I come beach. And I do like the idea of the race. Small price to pay for sun and warmth in the middle of the winter. See how wonderful complaining worked.

Take care everyone.
Marie
Old 03-12-2008, 09:17 PM   #219  

Juls it was good to hear from you. How is the weather down under at this time of year?
Marie how true it is that some coworkers just don't care as much etc. I took it into my own hands to call the girls supervisor then advised my director that I had done it. She had no problem with it and understood that it had come to the time that I felt something needed to go higher up. Well after I called her i had to contact that house and she was on top of her game and friendly. I mentioned to the supervisor that I had assisted with residents at that house for 8 years and I know my job. When I call for something its not just oh something I just came up with but need to ensure safety, health or well being of a person. She told me that it would get worked out and offered for me to contact her when ever I had a concern so I will and not get to the level of frustration. Hopefully the new girl learned that she needs to be a team player. Marie you must of been a bit upset whats with this week??? and
last wk???
May intake today wasn't to bad stir fry for dinner. But lunch I did have a half of corn beef but small was better than big. Oh well its almost ST. Pats day......... Have a good evening I am off to bed! Penny the scales not always nice so I am protesting it currently. So far the exercise is coming along. I see some postive changes. I got to the gym tonight and will set forth to go on saturday too.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:40 AM   #220  
Lifelong Journey Member

Morning all, it's another fun day at work. The state report that is closing tomorrow is not working (at the dept of ed's end). So I called their helpdesk and got voicemail. I can't work on it and it's what I planned for the day, so here I am.

It's a icky day out so the doggies didn't go walking I did 2 miles WATP jog and 1 mile walking this morning. They were bummed but I bribed them with their toys and treats before work. They were being so cute playing with their toys I was cracking up so maybe it'll be ok and they'll forgive me.

Carol, I think it's the time of the year. Winter dragging on - everybody I know is cranky including myself. I think if I didn't have to work I wouldn't be cranky, though. Definitely don't let others push your frustration meter into the red zone. You have an outlet with that supervisor so that is good.

Food intake is lousy and I'm cranky so it seems I don't care. Oh, I need to get past this.

Well, I suppose I'lll find something else to do today or at least for now.
Marie
Old 03-13-2008, 06:21 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Wow, what a week! It's almost over. I've been crabby, too, thanks to problems with every bureaucracy I come in contact with. Don't get me started on the cable company! If I weren't moving in a few months, I'd be on busy switching service to another company. I'm too busy right now, or boy, I'd...I'd...well, I'd do something!

Carol, hang in there are keep fighting for your people. It's good to know that folks like you are there for elderly and disabled people.

Marie, maybe I will follow your lead and commit to a vacation way ahead of time. I'll probably need to pinch pennies this year, but it would be fun to watch a little vacation fund grow over the months.

Penny, if you look at Collage Videos on line, I think they have some special workouts for bad backs that might be useful. The scale will budge after a while!

My eating has been so-so, but I had a good hard workout this morning, and my knees are continuing to improve with the lighter workout schedule. I'm heading out to the basketball game, then up late to pack for my trip to Oakland, back home on Tuesday. I will do my best to check in when I can. I'm taking workout gear and music, and packing munchies for the long flight (a middle seat the whole way there , which makes me feel conscious of every one of my extra pounds. I will be in meetings, but I will see a couple of friends, too, so that will be fun.

Be well--judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:13 PM   #222  
Lifelong Journey Member

Happy Friday Everyone!

I, for one, am not sorry to see this week end. It's been long and sort of torturous. I do see an end in sight, in about 7 hours.

Judy I hope your trip goes good. I don't envy you. In my eating struggle, the worse thing I could do is travel where I seem to believe all my excuses why it's ok. But you're WAY better at traveling than me.

I took the doggies out this morning even though it was flurry-ing. They were quite happy. DH (and me a little bit) started on the mammoth stained glass project last night as UPS brought most of it. We're going over the mountain tomorrow morning to pick up the rest. It's going to be awesome.

BTW, I'd really like to win the 275 million Powerball. I even BOUGHT a ticket.
Marie
Old 03-15-2008, 06:45 PM   #223  

Hello girls guess everyone one was glad to end this week. Wow those poor people in GA crazy huh? Doesn't sound like its totally over yet. I only exercised one time at the gym this week a little slower pace I was also fighting off a little cold. I didn't totally get it yet and hope I don't just hanging over me a bit. I went grocery shopping this a.m. for Easter and for foods for my SIL. Next week I am going to try to eat healthy and exercise more. The kids called today and are extremely excited as we are about the visit. We are going to rent a car its cheaper if they do it for a whole month they get an island resident discount. So 300 for a month not to bad. It will be are biggest expense of the 3 weeks so thats not bad. I can't wait to hold that little one he is so precious. Judy it must be the week of the battles of bad services. I had my own input with a doctors office too. What the heck is it in the air. I would think folks these days would be trying harder to keep people happy to keep them as clients etc. But it doesn't seem that way. Marie good luck on that power ball I wish you all the luck in the world. I am going to take a nice relaxing hot bath and get my pjs on and relax the rest of the evening. Marie how great to start such a nice project together that is something I have never tried but love how pretty it looks and how it is so neat. What exactly are you making? and how big is it going to be? Take care girls and enjoy the rest of your weekend there never long enough. I have only 6 more work days then I am off until 4/15 wow thats so cool. I set up my banking so I can pay my bills while I AM away pretty cool that we can do that these days. I think managing bills online could be easier. Time will tell. Take care and enjoy!!!!
Old 03-15-2008, 10:13 PM   #224  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi everyone, I'm just exhausted. Such a busy day. DH and I went over the mountain through a bit of snow, but DH was driving so all was good. I wouldn't have gone if I'd had to drive. Costco emptied our bank account like usual. They didn't have the glass we wanted so we'll order if necessary. But did I find the deal of the century. I planned to look at ski boots (end of season and mine aren't as adjustable as the newer ones and my feet floated in the old ones. So Sports Authority has a sign that they're 30% off, lowest marked price is the sale price. So I tried on about 10 different pair and found the most-est best-est I've ever put my feet into. $280 bucks. DH is leering at me and I'm hoping that they'll do 30% off the 280 but heck, they were so comy, I'd pay the whole thing. That really got me a leer. So I bring them to the checkout (not trusting him to carrying them as he offered but I thought he'd chuck them in the swimsuit aisle). They scan them and say $109!!! I screamed what and they thought I was mad. I told them no, are you sure that's all you want to charge me and voila, I paid 109. I'm SO excited. CH is moving my bindings on my skis as I type.

Carol, I love paying my bills online. I only use checks in dire need now. I go through about 20 a year. Let Mr. Banker write my checks for me. I set up anyone or any business, and they remember the data and now all I do is put in the amount and hit send. One of the best advances in technology. I'm not sure I remember how to spell numbers anymore. So when do you leave for HI? I am jealous...

Food bad as we went to Red Robin for lunch but it's past dinner time and I have no desire to eat so it'll balance out ok. Exercise - 4 WATP miles and a short yoga. And walked Costco and the mall.
Marie
Old 03-16-2008, 12:07 PM   #225  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Marie - Congratulations on the great buy! It's even sweeter that they were less expensive than you even thought and were comfy to "boot" (pun intended). I'm jealous of Carol too! I've been craving some warm sunny weather. A couple we know is off on a Caribbean cruise next week - sounds soooo good. My DH may get a contract in Florida this year, so maybe I'll swing it to go with him this time. I'm a big fan of online banking too - it's so convenient and also saves on postage.

Carol - Sorry to hear about your battle of the bad services last week. It's too bad when people don't care. Good thing there are people like you who stand up for those less fortunate. You must be so excited about your trip - it's approaching fast. You got a really good deal on the car rental. My DH pays a lot more these days for car rentals when he goes on trips.

Judy - Sounds like you had a frustrating week. I hope your trip to Oakland goes well. I'm glad your knees are getting better. Thanks for the tip about the exercise link.

Juls - I hope everything is well with you.

My back continues to get better and I'm so relieved. We went out last night to watch our friends who were in a dance competition. My DH and I both don't dance but it was fun to watch all the different dance styles and they had some exhibition dances by professionals - absolutely amazing! The food there was not good - so that wasn't a temptation. It was surprising to see how many elderly people were zooming around the dance floor - it certainly seems to keep them young. Our friends took 3rd place, so that was nice.

I read a good tip the other day that when you are tempted to eat a piece of cake, bar of chocolate or buy a food that is not on your plan, just say to yourself that you are giving your body the gift of saying "no" to the temptation. I'm not talking about the occasional little treat that we all need but the major blow out that I am prone to. I was in line at TJ Maxx and they had dark chocolate covered cashews next to the check out - I grabbed a bag and then thought of that advice and just told myself to put it back as a 'gift to myself' - and it worked! I was so tempted, but it felt good to avoid all those unwanted calories - I know I would have eaten the whole box in no time flat.

Have a good week everyone.

Last edited by penpal; 03-16-2008 at 12:09 PM.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote