Old 02-21-2008, 08:37 PM   #166  

Marie nice recipe I have been trying a few new ones myself. Trying to shake things up a bit in variety of foods and cook lighter without other knowing kind of. Good to hear you jumped right back into things.
Penny good deal on the abs and exercises. Take it slow though. I hope your back to yourself in no time flat.
Judy good for you exercising and we have to fit it in when ever. I do think that Marie and I will both agree after work is tougher. I fit in my 3rd day for this week and need one more to reach my goal either friday or saturday. I might try to do it fri. just to have it done. My goal from here on out till Maui is working out 4 times a week for one hr. each time at least. This isn't so easy the best way for me is to schedule it into my work week. That way no excuse and its starting to be more of a routine and habit. I am becoming a regular gym rat. I am trying to shake things up a bit and try new things and at higher wts. or different levels. This will make it be more benefitical in the end result hopefully. I have my doc. appt and blood work in the a.m. then off to work. Normally I would take the day off but with Maui around the corner no way. My friend went to the docs they say her feet bothering her can be many things and being they go num and get heavy its not good. So she is off to the podiatrist soon. I miss having a buddy at the gym but its okay I am determined to go do what I should be doing. Food wise I am doing okay and thats an improvement. I do think working out makes me think better with choice making. Well have a good evening and yes spring oh spring hurray on in!!!

Last edited by cckayac; 02-21-2008 at 08:38 PM. Reason: mistake
cckayac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:14 AM   #167  

Just checking in on this saturday morning. Glad its the weekend. Short weeks at work always seem to be the longest.
I am going to fit in today just to prove to myself that its due able. Last night I did have a naughty bowl of ice cream but that was my choice. And once in awhile yah just have to get what yah want or we over eat with things trying to make up for what we didn't take that was wanted so much. At any rate I will try today to stay on task. Working out and making healthy choices. On sunday I am going with a friend to take her son to college and then we will eat out now that might be challenging I haven't been doing that much. I am going to get on the scale mon. I went to the docs but didn't ck that when they put me on. Its funny but I am not as focused on the wt. as much as the inches this time around. I am noticing a change and that is a positive thing regardless what the scale reads. My tummy is still flattening down a bit and I think some curves are starting to show. Wow what a good feeling that is and it should motivate me to continue down this path. I have 4 weeks untill HI. Well I hope your all doing well and Penny my soap is almost gone I think this week I will have to pick up some stuff to start my process again. I made a pinwheel type and it came out really cool with raspberry/vanilla. Now if I can remember how I created that one. Hah hah! Always experimenting and not putting it down.
Marie hope you had fun in Reno.
Judy how long before you go house hunting? Good for you learning so much before making this step forward. I hope you enjoy the looking it can be lots of fun. Make a list of the things you love in some houses maybe down the road you can recreate that in your home you buy.
Nikki hope your doing well.
Well take care ladies and have a super day!
Old 02-24-2008, 07:55 AM   #168  

WHERE IS EVERYONE??? Hope everyone is on vacation and not ill. Well I am still here hanging around. This a.m. I decided to have some cereal and ww english muffin w/ a little butter. My staying away from the dounut box was good my accomplishment of the morning. I woke up had breakfast and decided to watch the cooking channel. I got some new ideas which something I will try for dinner soon. Spicy Macorni and cheese with spinach and onions and mushrooms. I will recreate it with ww pasta. Well no exercise today I am going with a friend to take her son back to college this afternoon. I will eat a yogurt before I go and take an apple for the trip as we will stop for dinner on the way back. Last night I entertained friends for dinner I was able to keep it pretty healthy other than the steak and I broiled that. I served for snacks pretzels and mustard, dip for the dip lovers, scoop chips and salsa. My friend brought pumpkin pie for dessert but I had the smallest slice and left most of the crust. Okay thats it hope there is some interaction on here soon I am lonely!!!
Old 02-24-2008, 05:31 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Don't worry, Carol, I'm here. Friday was another frenetic day at work, and I was running around all day Saturday. You're right, once in a while you have to have what you really want. I really want to spend an evening watching the Oscars with a bowl of hot popcorn, so I'm treating myself to the microwave so-called healthy version. I find it incredibly addictive, so I stopped buying it altogether....I feel so decadent!

Penny, I'm glad you're moving around a little better! I hope that all of our other friends in this thread's sick ward are feeling better, and that Marie is enjoying her trip.

My weight this morning: 217.5 lbs., hooray! That was my goal for the week, but it's been so long since I reach a goal when I said I would, I don't think that I believed it when I set it. Isn't that deep? Anyway, that means that my goal for the month (215) isn't beyond the realm of possibility. The front end of the week is loaded with meetings, meals out and a receptions, plus it will be hard to find workout time. But I will do my best.

Carol, I'm not ready to house-hunt yet. I have to do a lot of preparatory paperwork, do a little financial organization (like finish my taxes) and have my first meeting with a counselor, which might not be until April . But I might be able to get in earlier. The time will fly by.

I'm on program today. A 60 minute cardio and weight workout; Eggbeaters, salsa, and tortillas for b'fast; cottage cheese for a snack; soup and nuts in the late afternoon, and I'll have stir-fried catfish with snowpeas and peppers for dinner--and popcorn for dessert.

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:12 PM   #170  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Carol - your pinwheel soap sounds lovely. It's always fun to experiment. I'm glad exercise is become a routine habit for you. It's great your tummy is flattening and your clothes are looser. I'm looking forward to being able to go back to my Curves routine. I'm already feeling flabbier.

Judy - Congrats on reaching your goal for this week . It must be doubly hard for you as you're on the road so much. I hope things fall into place for you so you can find the perfect new home (at the perfect price - as it's a buyer's market right now).

Marie, Juls & Nikki - I hope you're having a nice weekend.

My back is improving although still quite sore. Still, it's way better than it was a couple of weeks ago. My weight has stayed steady but I've been eating too much chocolate lately - especially swiss milk chocolate with hazelnuts! . I must nip this new habit in the bud and convince my DH that chocolate IS NOT medicine!

Have a good week everyone.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:47 PM   #171  

Good to hear from you girls and really glad your doing well. Judy hurray for you just think how far you have come and routines and changes make a difference. I will be thinking of you and the popcorn. My intake today hasn't been totally off the wall but the dinner and after dinner choices could of been better. But its sunday and I guess once in awhile we deserve a little break as long as everyday doesn't become a sunday. I had breakfast which was good, no lunch , dinner prime rib oh not such a healthy choice, ice cream 1/2 cup or a little more a little piece of choc. then my rice, potatoe, veggie chips which aren't totally bad 130 cals. I am now done for the snacking its over and I will get back on track in the morning. Packing a good lunch too. to follow up a healthy breakfast. Veggie soup for dinner with beef stock. snacks will be yogurt and a fiber bar. Preplanning always makes my life more in order.
Penny so glad to hear your on a mends. Curves will come when your ready don't push yourself to quickly you don't want a relapse. Well I am sitting in bed with my laptop and a nice glass of ice water at least away from the kitchen. Hah hah!! Marie hope your enjoying your vac. Nikki and juls hope your well.
Exercise for this week hopefully 4 times. But I didn't get my sunday start so it might be tough. At least some exercise at home on non gym days might get me 4.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:17 PM   #172  

Hello girls I am happy to report I had a good intake day today. I started off with 2 poached eggs, canadian ham slice low fat, ww english muffin, L- falafel platter out for lunch, 1 slice of hm pizza for dinner, yogurt with 10 choc. chips, little granola ice water, oh one cappachino sm. Also exercised today for 25 min treadmill and 25 min wt. resistance. So about 400 cals at least burned off.
It was a bit stressful today the hubbies fall the other day landed us at the docs today. Due to the blood thinner he is currently on he had a swollen arm and very blk and blue concerning me. They xray'd and said to continue to use warm paks on it till the swelling goes down. I wasn't broke and that was good news. Friday is the last day on the blood thinners that makes both of us feel better hopefully it did the trick to have layers grow over the object left behind during surgery and hopefully it stays forever right where it is located. This will be an on going wonder at times for us. Well it won't belong and we will be on the Maui beaches soaking up the rays.............!! I can't wait we did get a presp. for a lite wt. wheelchair for temporary rental. Well hope your all doing well. My stress today didn't add to over indulging and that I was happy about. Control is something I sometimes lack and hopefully will learn to within trying to eat better. We had leftover night due to my workout night. I have them in training now plus I am sick of throwing away things.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:34 PM   #173  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Carol - I'm sorry to hear about your hubby's fall and his bruised arm. It's good he'll soon be off the blood thinners - they can make even a small bump into a big bruise. You're doing great with your food choices and exercise. I wish I could come with you to Maui! I don't know if I mentioned it but we almost became residents there. We had a condo in Kamaole Sands, Kihei for several years and enjoyed many wonderful times there with our son when he was little. He would often bring home the big cane toads! We would have loved to settle there but it's hard to find a job in my DH's line of work (plastics engineer). We were almost "Kamainas". We had a car there and driver's licences but in the end we decided we had to live on the mainland. I'll never forget the wonderful scent of plumeria in the air. We especially liked the 'upcountry' and the Iao Valley. It's amazing all the different climates and scenery on such a small island.

I had a bad attack of IBS today so I'm hurting front and back! I think it's maybe because I haven't been careful enough of what I've been eating while my back has been bad. I'm trying to stay positive as I know this too will pass and it won't be long till I'm back to "normal".

I hope everyone else is doing well.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 07:38 AM   #174  

Hi! I have to get to work really early again today, so no time to workout. I did get in 40 minutes of aerobics yesterday, but I got to work later than I wanted. I did okay with nibbling during the meetings, not great, had a scotch at the reception, and a small amount of excellent beef with black bean sauce at dinner. Today is the last day of the meetings, hooray. They are going well, and I looked quite fetching in my blue and black suit last night.

Carol, I think you are a champion, staying on course despite so much stress and such a load of responsibilities at home and at work!

Penny, I know that you can't wait to get back to your normal activities. I guess all that yummy chocolate irritated the IBS (but not your taste buds). Hope you are on the other side of this stuff really soon.

Okay, time to get moving! See you all later.

judy

Last edited by judydc; 02-26-2008 at 07:40 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:11 PM   #175  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, i'm back from Reno. I loved the comment about winning money. No, no, no. I don't gamble - bugt I lose the money just the same. I bought loads of house stuff for my DS, almost DIL and DG. My wallet is so much lighter. They're doing great and the skiing on Saturday morning was fabulous but horrid on Saturday afternoon as a winter storm decided to attack. Wind pelleted snow on the face is painful. sunday we shopped (and only I paid...), then we drove home yesterday. It was good weekend but I fell off the wagon, hit a few rocks and then the horses and wagon trampled me. But I exercised all through it. Thank goodness for exercise. Now to get back on the wagon if I can chase it down since I can barely see it over the horizon.

Penny, I'm glad you're feeling better. I think of you often. I just told my co-worker who hurt his back at his desk (in other words as goofy as walking through Ikea) about you. I think he's recovering faster. I think we should all work on those abs because that is the key to a healthy back.

Judy, You are the golden chickie today. Congrats big-time on the weight loss. I bet you looked beautiful in your black and blue suit.

Carol, I'm glad your hubby is ok. My father has extreme psorasis (sp?) and if he bruises or cuts himself he looks like he'd been through a war. Good job on the exercising. I definitely was happy to exercise this morning. Definitely starts my day off right.

Nikki and Juls, I hope you're both doing ok.

The doggie walk this morning was great. My pups are so happy that I'm home. I'd been home only 2 days when I left again so they're quite pleased. Yesterday we took them to the mtn and let them run wild before their vet ($$$) appointment. so they were happy until the rectal thermometer at the vet came out.

Back to work as I'm drowning.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:37 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 202/191/155

Height: 5 FT- 5 INCHES

G,day ladies, hope your all well, sorry I,ve been AWOL for awhile. I just thought I would sneak my head in and say a quick Hi. I,ll check in again soon. Bye for now, Carol, Penny, Marie, Judy and Nikki all of you take care.

Juls
NEWYEARNEWME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:09 PM   #177  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, things are going good. The eating is getting back on track and the exercise it good. Work is slow which is good as my 2 main computers are having issues so today I'm going to rebuild the laptop and the desktop tomorrow (perhaps).

Juls, good to hear from you. I hope eveyone else is doing good. I do have the munchies this morning but I'm fighting them. I will continue to fight.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:48 PM   #178  

Well girls we are someday going to be saying yes its spring. THe snow has been awful the last couple of days and tonight the coldest night of our winter yet. Yuk!!! Penny sorry about your health I know thats no fun. I hope soon you will feel like yourself again and that will be great. Gardening and getting some fresh air in the spring.
Judy thanks your always so sweet. Good for you trying to do well during a conference thats never easy.
Marie going to ski will help with the exercise thats got to burn lot of calories. Thats okay I gamble once in awhile and thank goodness I tend to be a bit lucky its always a laugh between my son and I. As he is also pretty lucky but controling how much you spend is so important and not to over do. Glad you found some fun stuff to buy.
Juls good to hear from you even if it was quick.
I did exercise # 2 today at the gym. I will try my best to get in two more times this week. I did well with choices till dinner then it could of been a bit better chinese dinner but I shared it with my SIL. So there goes half the food. Could of been worse. Well it won't be long til HI gotta keep moving on the exercise front and at least I am eating most of the time better than the past. Well take care girls . Oh just got a tip emailed from the gym on how important sleep is in having good health etc. The email even commented on how well I am doing as far as attending the gym on a regular basis making the best out of my membership. Hurray they noticed............!!! I have been increasing my machines I am using trying to shake up my exercise a bit not to get bored but know I am making a difference for the better lifestyle.
Catch yah all later hang in there.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:29 PM   #179  

A quick late-night hello, since I hadn't checked in all day. I was on program today, and did a hard new exercise ball workout--managed 50 minutes of the 60 minute total--and rode the ExBike for 35 minutes this evening. Trying to end the month on the upswing..

Juls, what have you been up to? Inquiring minds want to know!

Marie, you are spreading good cheer everywhere, in Reno and in doggie-land.

Carol, it's turned very cold here, too. But I bet it's worse up where you are! There was lots of snow in New England. I was on the phone earlier with folks from Vermont, who got a couple of feet of the stuff.

Penny, I'm sending you good wishes for continued recovery.

judy
Old 02-27-2008, 10:37 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 202/191/155

Height: 5 FT- 5 INCHES

G,day Ladies hope you are all in good spirits.

Penny I hope your feeling better I,m sending good thoughts and best wishes your way. I wish hazelnut choccy was good for us I love it once I start the whole block is gone before I know where it went LOL.

Marie good for you fighting the munchies, I know how you feel the weather here downunder is starting to get cooler and I just love all that winter food I love curries with rich creamy sauces and all that lovely fresh bread to soak it up with OK now I made myself hungry. I think I better go and have a nice bowl of vegie soup.

Carol I,m sorry to hear about your poor DH he is certainly having his share of woe,s hope he is on the road to mending and will be off the thinners soon. Just look foward to the sunshine in Maui, you deserve it.

Hey Nikki hope your doing well.

Judy way to go with all your exercise and A BIG CONGRATS ON YOUR weight loss keep it up. I haven,t been up to much feeling a lot better still tired from the pneumonia but very much in the pink. I went to Sydney for my DS,s birthday it is valentines day so I went down the next day, I spent a week there with my DD and my beautiful DGD she is just to cute. I,m back home now I,m trying to get a handle on the fact that they are 5hrs away and that I miss them so much, I,m going to just accept things the way they are and even though I can,t spend as much time with them as I would like the time I do spend with them is so special. I have a great family a very loving DH and it a lot of way,s I am so blessed, I haven,t lost any more weight over the last few weeks but I have,nt gained any either so that is great. I hope your inquistive mind is happy sorry I,m not more interesting but hey I,m sweet and cuddley or so they tell me LOL

Take care catch you all later. A BIG HUG TO ALL

Juls
NEWYEARNEWME is offline   Reply With Quote