Old 01-23-2008, 07:12 AM   #76  

Marie Reno sounded like fun. Good luck with the Jeep! Scale or no scale we all know what to do lets just do it and do it well!
Judy good for you listening to the good inter person and not the savy one whom just wants us to fail we are stronger than that little voice lets show her whos in control here!
Penny I run out of energy as well but lately I have been a bit more charged lets say. Thats a good thing. yOUR SO FUNNY! I truly enjoy your sense of humor and support.
Yesterdays food intake was around 1400 with a work out of 1 hr and my daily stairs and walk in gathering together for a count of about 80 min. of exercise. I can't count sitting in the whirl pool huh? hah hah!
Off to work and packed a nice healthy lunch. Dinner stir fry with steak and veggies. Yogurt dessert w/ walnuts and berries.
cckayac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:28 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

So far so good today. I had oatmeal and a veggie sausage for b'fast, and had the insides of a turkey sandwich during a meeting (they gave us lunchboxes from Au Bon Pain, full of lovely baked goods and potato chips which I shouldn't eat), and when I got back to my office, I had a bit of smoked salmon and some sliced red bell pepper. It was hard not to eat those chips, but I persevered Knowing that I had food at the office helped a lot. I'm meeting a friend this evening for dinner and a play. I've asked that we meet at one of my favorite Thai places, where I'll focus on soup and veggies for dinner. I did 45 minutes on the bike and treadmill last night, so I just did a short cardio workout this morning.

Nikki, your discipline is very inspiring. Keep up the good work!

Carol, you're becoming something of a gym rat....

Penny, just think of American football as rugby for sissies, and it will make more sense to you.

See you tomorrow--judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:30 PM   #78  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all,

Warning**** A long whine to follow...

Yesterday deteriorated to cr*p yesterday. Big time. So here goes.
We go to pick up the Darth Jeep and he looks AWESOME. Beautiful, divine. DH drives it to the gas station since I crashed it on an empty tank. On the way home he's hearing a little noise. He puts it into 4 wheel drive for our remote neighborhood and the little noise crunches and kills poor Darth. He gets it home back in 2 wheel drive but it ANGRY. I get home and he tells me. The place that's repaired it is closed so no questions last night.

I then go to the mail. A letter from a lawyer. I'm being sued (or my insurance) for personal injury from the the b*tch that left the scene of the accident before I even got the airbag off my face (2 seconds tops). She must have been really injured as she drove away.

DH opens a letter from DMV and he's being warned his license will be suspended since we don't have insurance on his MOTORCYCLE. Hello!!! It's 0 degrees our and ice all over the roads. Yes we canceled the policy for the winter. So he has to get some letter of intent to insure from our company. EEKS!!!

So I'm feeling a bit upset (stretch bit quite a bit) and think FOOD. But no, I choose the treadmill. I will exercise to kill the rampant emotions. Trotting along my knee pops. I FORGOT the #$%#$%# brace. I can not believe I did that. So I guess I should have had the food instead. No exercise this morning but I will walk (with the brace) tonight and give it a go. If nothing else, yoga.

So there's the whine. The attorney letter is faxed to the ins. company and the adjuster and I are currently playing phone tag. Darth is back at the repair shop (going piggyback on a flatbed but he sure did look handsome) and my day has been so-so.

End of Whine...

Carol, oh how I wish sitting in the whirlpool was considered exercise. I'd buy one for sure. sounds like you're doing good.

Judy, excellent job on the eating at the meeting. You did without the bread and chips and I bet the pride feels way better than the shrew mocking you. You mock the shrew chickie!!!

Penny, I'd love a dozen soaps for DH (moisture intense for DH) that are unscented. That would be so excellent. I hope that your dr. can convince the insurance company to pay for the surgery. I believe they paid to have my sister's veins stripped because of pain. So there is hope.

Nikki, you are doing so fabulous on the calories. You should be so proud. Stick your tongue at your inner shrew. Excellent job. Someday my inner hungry shrew will lose the battle.

Well, I should work to pay for all my legal problems.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:53 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Thanks everyone. I must confess today was a bad day. I ate what I wanted Marie good luck getting the court case and DH insurance straightened out.

Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:29 PM   #80  

Judy nice job not giving in to the devils foods. Now you can truly enjoy your favorite rest. and know you won't go up to high for the day.
Today I was out and about at lunch time so tempted to go buy something yummy but instead I went into the little local market in the not so good side of town and bought only croutons for my salad fixins at the office. My dressing was manidarin orange juice and red wine vinegar and a little garlic powder and a fiber bar of 140 cals. 9 fibers. I felt quite good about my choice after the fact of course. Tonight I managed to have a sm. scoop of mashed pot. pork chop apple sauce and some green beans followed by a cup of tea and some ice water.
Judy your funny about the gym rat hah hah!
Marie that whirlpool is wonderful only if sitting by the jets would giggle off a little how great that would be. But it surely is nice to sit and relax at the end of a crazy day. I wish I could ship you one oh my what a day you have had. Go get some candles draw a nice hot bath put some calm music on shut the lights off and take some you time. Wow what time you two have had. That girl should be ashamed of herself but years ago something similar happened and I was the person in your position nothing seemed fair or right but my stress level was up there let me tell yah hope things straighten up soon. Go in and take a well needed relaxing bath. Wish I could give yah some scented sea salts I made. Your hubbies got to be quite upset too maybe you'd better share that bath????
Well my hubbie is fighting off a belly ache and headache. He is just catching everything in sight. I am going to stay away from him and go read in the bedroom. He is taking off to the spare room tonight. Boy we are getting old!
Anyways I am off to exercise again on thurs. trying to fit in my 3 days a week at the gym.
Nikki hang in there. If we all had a magic wand wouldn't it be grand? All we can do is start in again don't let a bad day turn into two just chuck it up to oh well it happened. There is always the next day which can be better. Good luck!

Judy your t
Old 01-23-2008, 07:59 PM   #81  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Carol - Your salad dressing sounds good - I'll have to give it a try. I hope your DH soon feels better. There's lots of bugs going around this year.

Marie - What a rotten day you've had! Just remember - this too shall pass. We had a similar thing happen with our son when he was 18 and a woman stopped abruptly half way through an intersection and he had to come to a quick stop behind her. She swore he hit her car but there was no evidence of it and no damage whatsoever on either car. She called us to say she had whiplash and we were eventually sued for $50K!! The insurance guy said it was probably a set-up but they settled for her chiropractic visits (which she had with her BIL!!!) for under $2K. I was soooooo mad that somebody would take advantage like that, especially as it was our DS and he was so upset about it, but that's life and in hindsight it wasn't worth all the angst. Luckily the insurance premium didn't go up. I'm sure things will be ok about your DH's motobike ins. so long as he sends them a letter that he's not going to use it in the winter - which wouldn't be a great idea in K-Falls anyway! I hope Darth Jeep and your knee soon feel better. I'll be more than happy to make some soaps for your DH.

Judy - Congrats on not giving in to temptation !

Nikki - Sorry your day wasn't quite on plan but tomorrow is a fresh slate.

It's still bitterly cold here and I have to keep chipping the ice off the birdbath. The jays were sqwauking at me and trying to peck through the ice - I felt like such a bad Mom. They seem to need the water as much as the food when it's so cold. One of my workout buddies at Curves is off to Cozumel - I'm sooo jealous! My DH is going to Los Angeles for a few days on Tuesday, so I'm peeved with him too! Although I'd much rather be going to Cozumel!

Last edited by penpal; 01-23-2008 at 09:53 PM.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:09 AM   #82  

Penny your birdies are darn lucky to have such a caring person around. I agree accidents aren't always fair I learned the hard way thanks for my ins. company standing behind me it could of been worse. Years ago!
Hope you like the dressing at least its low in cals. I also somedays just do the red wine vinegar and a little garlic powder and pepper. Not to bad a little sour but so low in cals sometimes its okay.
I read an article last night among many this one was about increasing our intake of eggs being good for us that are trying to lose wt. The protien is super and it makes us feel fuller and be more satisfied throughout our day and we will be less likely to indulge in things we shouldn't sometimes. So I am trying it with my 1/2 bagel 2 poached eggs this a.m. I put them on went and finished my makeup came back and their all done. I am willing to give it a try. This was from the Womans mag. that is only about 1.99 and is at all the grocery stores. It always has interesting recipes and info. in it. According to what I read and their 1 weeks worth of menus its similar to sb but this one had ww bread, fruit in it just the egg concept etc.. suppose to lose our belly fat they say. What do you all think about this one????
It snowed a little bit here and we aren't suppose to get much I am glad as I have a client whom I am visiting which is a 56 mile round trip. Off to the gym after work today for aqua. Talk to you all soon.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:34 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Marie, I'm sending you a big, big hug. What an awful day. Today can only be better, right? . I hope your knee isn't holding a grudge about going brace-less.

Carol, I've read great things about eggs, too, if you don't have a cholesterol problem. I love scrambling up some Eggbeaters, and a couple of times a week I'll have whole egg with breakfast or a hard-boiled egg in my salad. I buy those women's mags, too, but they make me laugh. Every issue features a miracle weight-loss cure (by some author with a new book) and lots of recipes for fried chicken, chocolate cake, etc. Hope the hubby is on the mend soon.

Nikki, thanks for 'fessing up about the bad day. If you don't acknowledge it to yourself, you might find yourself having a bad week, then a bad month...every day is a fresh start, and you know you can do it!

Penny, if you were in Cozumel, who would help the birds with their water?

I did well at the restaurant last night. Had a cup of seafood soup, about half my order of sauteed veggies with a little rice, and a white wine spritzer. The play was great, and it was great to spend time with my dear friend, who I didn't see enough of last year.

My morning got off to a strange start: Landscapers cut down the huge old pine trees in front of my apartment. I will miss the privacy they gave me, and the way they kept my west-facing apartment from overheating in the afternoons. I loved looking at the greenery, and hearing the birds in the morning. Oh, well, another reason to move soon.

judy

Last edited by judydc; 01-24-2008 at 02:35 PM.
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:31 PM   #84  

Judy how are you doing on the moving are yah going to buy a house in the future? I think its a good investment and first time buyers get a good break think of the interest you can write off at tax time. I like the mag. too but sometimes the yummy recipes kill me. Oprah had a cake recipe that was over 700 cals a slice crazy huh?
Wonder what BG thought of that one?
I had a good day today didn't over eat my end cals around 1300. I did work out on the treadmill and then 35 min. on machines today a total of 70 min. not bad and I feel great. The exercising on the machines today was the best since I have joined the gym. I am getting into shape must be and stopping in to the gym is becoming easier not such a chore. My friend though I think isn't going to stick with it. She wants someone to teach her about the machines and set her up with exactly what to do to lose. They will only do that if you pay for a trainer. So she might go to Curves. Which is her choice. For me the aqua fit class is good and must be helping me with my back. I am planning on doing it 2 times a week and machines at least once. As I told her dieting and exercising is very individualized what works for one isn't the same for everyone its just the way it is. But any exercise is better than none. And its a proven fact that sitting around surely doesn't do us much good. Well gotta go make my yogurt/ raspberry/ walnuts and a few choc. chips for my snack tonight. Well if I keep up this good eating and exercise by 3/25 I will be doing great. I feel better already and thats super.
Penny hope your salad was yummy. Did I mention to add some almonds with the oranges too? Oh anything goes creative ways so we don't become bored is best.
Take care.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:23 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 202/191/155

Height: 5 FT- 5 INCHES

G,day ladies hope your all well and life is being kind to you.
I,m not doing to bad haven,t been on here lately been in bed with the flu yuk, but I thought I would just pop in and say Hi.

Take care bye for now

JULS
NEWYEARNEWME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:20 PM   #86  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi all, just a quick note. Things are ok and I totally agree with Judy about Penny heading south without her birds. They'd freeze and that would be bad. So Penny consider yourself blessed that you get to take care of the birds that are too lazy to fly south.

Food wise not good today. Not good this week. Maybe this month. I believe I just read that. But I'm thinking maybe something clicked this evening while I was exercising. So we shall see. I ate a small portion dinner so that was good. I always have the munchies in the morning and that's what's killing me.

I'll write more tomorrow.
Marie
Old 01-25-2008, 06:48 AM   #87  

Marie you have had alot of extra stress don't be to hard on yourself. I think for me having the poached eggs and toast in the a.m. keep me fuller longer. Around 10 sometimes I snack on a 1/2 of fiber one bar. Their actually kind of tasty and they help hold me off to lunch. You'll get back on track I have faith in you after all those miles you did last year knocked me right off the score board you flew by all of us. Good luck and hope the car issues are getting better.
Juls so sorry you had the flu its not nice I have heard. This year was the first in many that I took the shot because of my hubbies condition the doc. thought it the wise thing to do. This time it wasn't painful I think its who gives it to you. At any rate hope your on an up swing.
For me I am glad its friday and am going to just take it easy this weekend other than the gym on sat. I am having one of the gs over on sat. for the night. Have a good one!
Old 01-25-2008, 08:45 PM   #88  
Lifelong Journey Member

Default Tgif

It's Friday!!! And it's after 4:00 so I'm happy and at home.

Carol, I always have scrambled eggs before skiing. Other days I'm not obsessive but ski days - I want protein. At DS and DIL's house last weekend no protein and I got sleepy. Between the egg's protein and fat, I stay fuller longer. Perhaps I should switch during the week.

Juls, I hope you feel better.

Penny, do you want me to send you a check for my DH's soap? Let me know.

Nikki, I hope you're doing good and didn't let the little bump throw you off (like it does me...).

Judy, how is the house hunting going?

Work was good today - end of 1st semester and all the non-computer teachers called all day for help to post their grades. But it's over and I was in a good mood so it was pleasant. Only once did I pull my phone from my ear and look at the receiver trying to figure out how anyone could has such stupid questions. I also did an hour presentation to the district administration and that went really good.

DH has DGS's cold so skiing is iffy this weekend. Sunday weather sounds icky so I'm hoping he feels better by tomorrow. I know, I'm a devil.

Well, TTYL
Marie
Old 01-26-2008, 07:23 AM   #89  

Marie well sounds like your ready to enjoy some more of Penny's wonderful soaps. This season I have been using the ones I made and my legs don't seem to be so dry and itchy. Enjoy them its so cool to have nice soaps. As far as the egg thing goes it does seem to really work. I am going to pick some up this weekend boiled some for morning when I am in a hurry or on days when I have cereal to add my egg to the lunchtime salad.
As far as friday goes for me it was a good work day but my intake choices weren't the best. Good breakfast but then I ordered out with the girls chinese I had ck broc. with fried rice. Only ate 1/4 of the rice but had an egg roll then to beat the band I had friends over last night and they wanted pizza and wings so guess who had them too. But I only had one big thin piece of pizza it really wasn't worth the cals I like mine better. Then 6 drum sticks. which were really hot. I made a raspberry coffee cake from my frozen picked berries. The recipe was a good one not bad on sugar or fat. So that wasn't so bad. But today I promised myself to be better but with no downs we don't have room to improve so I guess today I do. I am not beating myself up for my ooops just stating it and moving on. I plan on making homemade chili in the crock pot. I am going to the gym today. I am a bit sore from the other day using the machines but thats okay no pain no gain. My friend has lost 5lbs. according to her scale thats great now maybe she will be more apt to stay at the gym. Rome wasn't built in a day that say! So today will be better choice making and aqua fit class 1 hr. this a.m. On sunday I might depending on the weather take Bear around the lake.
Marie hope you get to go skiing. Have some fun and exercise at the same time. How cool is that.
Penny I am soap making soon I want to make some with vanilla and mint. Kind of a refreshing scent I think. I told my girl friend to use some lavender with her mom whom has Alz. it may help relax her. My oldest daughter is going to work with her again now that her mom has come to our area to live. She will be in assisted living. I just hope she does okay its so hard for people to give up some of their independence. Well have a great day and I hope you all enjoy the weekend boy they sometimes don't come quick enough.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:29 AM   #90  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Carol - I nearly always have an egg for breakfast. On days I have something else, I get much hungrier. I also love WW magazine. It has so many useful and inspirational articles. Some of the diets are a bit silly, but still there's some good ideas. Yes, it's funny when you turn the page and they have chocolate cake for about 700 cals. a slice!! I just skip through most of the recipes as they are way too high in calories, but occasionally there's something worth trying. I like the idea of vanilla/mint soap. Jasmine is also very relaxing, but the pure essential oil is very expensive (about $30 for 1/2 oz.) Don't worry about going over a bit on calories the other day - sometimes we have to have a little break from our diets, so long as we get back on track.

Judy - What a shame they cut down your lovely trees! Maybe this will help you make a decision about buying your own place. Your night out with your friend sounded like fun.

Marie - I can do the soaps next week. I'll let you know when I ship them - you don't need to send your check yet. It will be exactly the same as last time. Do you want me to send them to the same address? If you like, I can add a little aloe vera. Aloe is very soothing to chapped skin. I hope your DH feels better so you can both go skiing. Looks like you guys are getting more snow. We may even get a little snow here.

Juls - Sorry to hear you've had the flu. I hope you're feeling better. I'm surprised it's going around down under as you still have summer - or is it autumn there yet?

Nikki - I hope all is well with you.

We've invited a friend to lunch but it looks like it might snow and she's a nervous driver. Oh well, we'll play it by ear and if she can't come at least we'll have a good lunch! We've decided to paint our family room/kitchen but I can't decide on the color. We painted the hallway last year and it turned out great - a warm peachy/beige color. I think I'll get a small can of paint and dab some on the walls and see if I like it first. My DH will always go along with what I choose. Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited by penpal; 01-26-2008 at 11:31 AM.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote