Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 11:42 AM   #16  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Hi Chicks!

Here's a slide show of our NY trip....a little recap of the 1306 miles that we rode while there. What a wonderful 10 days!!!!

http://www.rockyou.com/show_my_galle...nceid=87082112
Old 10-12-2007, 07:37 PM   #17  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Oh Jill, thank you for the slideshow! that was a cool format, the way the pics flutter down. And what a trip you had! The pics of The Falls were wonderful.

I had an OP day today!! It was hard at work - this is what I HAVE been having without even any thought, all summer - a fatty breakfasst of egg and bacon; a muffin; a taste of the previous night's dessert; a cookie or two; lunch; then after getting home a hunk of cheese mid afternoon and crackers, then a big dinner. Then a bowl of cereal or TWO.

Today I had oatmeal with cut up apple; apple mid-morning; a half a small muffin with coffee (couldn't resist) soup, salad, a small spare rib and a little piece of swordfish for lunch; dinner was some turkey in gravy, a tiny scoop of rice, a salad; then a cup of coffee and a piece of whole wheat bread for 'dessert'. Better.

And I went to Curves and did the circuit; then once home I did "Aerobics for Dummies" which is about 30 minutes of aerobics.

I want to stay OP!!!
Old 10-13-2007, 10:35 AM   #18  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Gorgeous slide show, Jill!! Why the H didn't I ask you about it?

Holly - WTG at staying OP!! It's all about the mindfullness, huh? So easy to just not think about it and let things slide. For me, weighing almost every morning is helpful.

I'm rather amazed - but I actually had an OP week. The first in a long, long time. I'm back to 165 as of this morning...I'm thinking I'm finally ready to actually get to goal. I even thought of lowering the goal to 145...but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Well- have a great weekend riding - I'm off to the garage to fix the oil leak and hit the rally.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:01 PM   #19  

Way to Go OP Chicks!

I've had an interesting 2 days...we've been partying and I've been totally bad, but still OP when I count the points! YAY ME!

It's not a good thing to drink your points, but I did drink a few and only snacked on pretzels and some goldfish yesterday. Today I'm still OP even tho we rode and had lunch out before our monthly HOG meeting. What a great riding day! 83 and sunny with LOW humidity. Gotta love it.

Then I came home and did 50 minutes on my Gazellle, w/ arm weights for the old lady flab. Just a little advice to my Younger Chicks from the Older Chick: Get your arms in shape while you're young!!!!! It's by far the hardest thing to do, and it's miserable when you can't show your upper arms.

Happy Weekend to My Chicks In Control!

and ps....thanks for enjoying my slide show, I put it together just for you since I didn't think you'd want to see all of the (530) pics I actually took...most of them from the back of the bike!

Last edited by flsunbakd; 10-13-2007 at 06:03 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:55 PM   #20  
Biker Chick!

we appreciate it, Jill! (the photos AND the advice, tho' you n me aren't so far apart )

OH my it was SO hard to not have the dessert I put out for staff today - a big platter of chocolate cupcakes that were split and filled with real whipped cream; some vanilla ice cream and a dish of warm chocolate sauce to go with I had to taste the two quarts of cream I was whipping, to check for sweetness, but it was a teeny taste.

Now I have to clear the fam out of the living room so I can do at least 30 minutes of some kind of exercise.

bye for now!
Old 10-14-2007, 07:22 AM   #21  
Biker Chick!

Good morning chicks! yes, last night i got everyone out of the living room (including the dang dog ) and did Gilad's Step and Tone which is a half hour of weighted Step, and then about 12 minutes of floor. Glad I did!

I then went a little off program and ate some maple-sugar encrusted almonds and walnuts, a little package of each. Oh well.

Just finished my oatmeal and have to get ready for work. Today is the last day of my beloved summer job, the secluded private fly-fishing club where I do their pastry. If the club was open year-round, I probably would not love it so much, because I associate it with the beginning of riding season and being able to commute to work through the Vermont scenery is just a wonderful perk. Next week I start the drudge job in the deli/convenience store

This afternoon, hubster and I have to get my bike to where her new Avon tires are waiting! It will be a cool ( I mean chilly) ride, it's overcast and not supposed to get over 47 degrees today! But I'll leave her for a day or two (the guy does wrenching on the side but has full facilites) and will hopefully have her back in time for work Wednesday, when it's supposed to be mid-50's and sunny

BTW I don't know if I've spoken of them before, but the Avon tires are great. Pricier than OEM's (Original Equipment Manufacturer; meaning what originally came on your bike, Conti's or Bridgestones or whatever) but the handling, cornering, traction in the rain and over scarified surfaces and steel grating is SUPERB. Really. Worth every penny! And I got almost 11,000 miles on my last set. Pretty decent for a specialty tire.

keep in control chicks, and do your exercise today! and drink that water! and tell me to do the same
Old 10-16-2007, 08:58 AM   #22  
Biker Chick!

Oh no! now it's like 'let Holly see what it's like to talk to herself for a while' just kidding chicks. I bet you're all busy toning up and slimming down

I've done pretty well eating and good exercising for the past couple days. Someone at work gave me a big Hershey special dark chocolate bar with dried fruits and nuts, and I took a couple squares, enjoyed them and then THREW THE REST OUT!!! I was so proud, even though later that night I wanted it, and was so glad I HAD thrown it out

Haven't got my bike back yet, I took her over on Sunday afternoon for the tires to be changed, and then the wrench discovered that I needed rear brake pads. Yesterday I took my husband's bike and rode with a girlfriend (she has a Yammi VStar 1100) to the dealers to get the pads, then dropped the pads off at the mechanics. A nice 100 mile ride with a g/f, it was a little chilly but still good. But I feel like a total newbie clutz on my husband's bike, Im just not used to anything but my own baby.

well getting ready to pick an exercise vid to do...have a great day chicks!
Old 10-16-2007, 10:35 AM   #23  

Hi Holly! I'm here....but I still can't figure out where everyone else is!

Anyway, glad you had a good ride with g/f....sounds like you did just fine on DH's bike, but hope you get yours back soon and in time for a few more rides before the weather's not so good.

Weather's great here, FINALLY! Still warm temps, but lower humidity, so really nice. This weekend is Daytona Beach BiketoberFest, so our riding friends from S. Florida will be here. I think 4 couples are riding up from Port St. Lucie to stay for the weekend, so will be fun! Good weather predicted too! It's about a 60 mile ride along country roads to get to Daytona from here.

Been OP and exercising...sounds like you've good too! That handsome man in the UPS uniform brought my new weight vest yesterday I added only 4 pounds to it and it feels heavy with just that amount. A total of 20 - 1 lb. weight sticks came with it. It also feels GOOD because you're able to evenly distribute the weight. I've been wearing it around all morning, and am getting ready to hop on my Gazelle with it.

Stay tuned!!
Old 10-16-2007, 02:26 PM   #24  
Biker Chick!

Hi Jill!! Yay to your vest arriving! "The handsome UPS man.." heehee! reminds me of that UPS man in the movie "Legally Blonde"

I went to the website of the vest, and it does sound like a good thing to have! Weight that is on your core, and center of gravity, rather than holding weights which isn't as natural a weight distribution.

Oh, I did OK with hubby's bike (Kaw 1500 Classic) at cruising speeds, but low speed turns I just SUCKED at!! At once point I totally swerved into Nikki's lane, and then yelled out "aaaaaahhhhhh!!! watch out for me, I'm a menance!!" She was cracking up, but I'm glad she gave me a wide berth after that

I heard from the wrench today, he might be able to finish my bike between jobs today - if not, tomorrow at the very latest. He understands I NEED her back

I'm glad you have better riding weather now. It's just so foreign to us, that one has to wait for cooler weather to ride

Have a good afternoon, and I might check in again later - it helps my resolve
Old 10-16-2007, 02:35 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Hello everybody!!! Sorry I've been MIA, my son is getting married Saturday and its been crazy around our house! We havent been on the bike since the HOG rally and its killing me, maybe after the weddings over we can find time to ride. Foodwise there have been ups and downs. I started maintenance and it was like I had to add all the food I've done without for the whole year back at one time! LOL I think I've got it under control, for now at least! I had bacon the other night for the first time in a year and OMG it was good!! I decided this weekend is a time for celebration and I'm gonna eat whatever I want and deal with it on Monday :-)

Have a great week all you hawt biker chicks!!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 04:14 PM   #26  

Hi Kim! Happy Wedding to ya! Yes...I agree, party this weekend and begin the recovery on Monday. You deserve it, being the MOG (Mother of the Groom!) We'll be here for support!

Hi Holly! I'm OP today....did my workout with 5 lbs. on the vest...and it feels WONDERFUL!!!! I'm so happy I got it! Weight is VERY distributed, and I feel really good. Even my back and sciatica. Pain is Gone.

Tonight we're going to graze at the Ruby Tuesday salad bar....I'm taking my own Kraft Lite Catalina tho I AM IN CONTROL, CHICKS!!!

I hope you get your bike back by tomorrow, and that she's fixed and at the ready!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:54 AM   #27  
Biker Chick!

Hi Kim, congrats on your son's upcoming wedding! Enjoy yourself, then you can get back on track on Monday

Hi Jill, you in-control-chick you!!!! You rock

I brought my bike home last night, Yay! and noticed something right away...I guess my tires weren't balanced properly last time (last fall I had new tires) becasue all summer, I've had this shaking of the bars on decelleration; and I thought it was something just inherent with my bike...but NO! there is NO shaking of my bars now, I'll have to let this new mechanic know that I appreciate his workmanship and it shows in the handling of my bike.

Today is the first day I start my winter job. 11:00 am to 6:00 pm at the deli/convenience store. For the first few hours of my shift I work in the deli; then I take over as the cashier. Eh, it's a job Its nice to have the regular customers to chat to, but the rude out-of-staters are the cross to bear

About to eat a little something then pick an exercise tape. I'm gonna have to see how I can fit a Curves workout in the morning, before work...I CAN, I just need to get up early!!!

have a great day and think of our goals!!
Old 10-17-2007, 08:45 AM   #28  

Hey Holly, Great news about your new SMOOOOOTH Ride! Does it look like you'll get out there to ride this weekend? Hope so! We are going to....this is the weekend of Daytona's BiketoberFest and we have our friends riding up from PSL on Friday. Should be lotsa riding and fun!

YOU ARE IN CONTROL, too, Girl! Look at you being OP and getting those work-outs done! Nice that you don't have to be at work til 11...that sure makes getting them in a lot easier. I know what ya mean about those rude outta staters...what is it that makes people like that???? I just hate it.

Well...we went to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner last nite...I had the salad bar and a dry baked potato. AND, I took my own lite Catalina dressing and FF sour cream. Yep, smuggled it right in tucked safely in a little purse. I can't believe I remembered to bring it home since I NEVER carry a purse!

Got my vest on this morning....gonna hop on my Gazelle. I'm down to 175 today. YAY ME! I lost so much weight so fast the first two weeks that I'm not surprised or discouraged about the loss slowing down now. I just have to work harder!

Later!
Old 10-19-2007, 06:55 AM   #29  
Biker Chick!

good morning!!

yes, YAY to Jill!!! I've had some treat slip ups but have still been working out regularly. Small yay to me

It is MILD here!! like 66 degrees early in morning!! so unusual for here this time of year. And we had a hard frost just a couple mornings ago. But I'll take the mild weather!! means I don't have to triplelayer nor wear the fleece neckwarmer when I ride to work

have to work out before I get ready for work, so bye for now
Old 10-19-2007, 09:42 AM   #30  

YAY HOLLY! Keep up the work-out, Girl!

Good news about your weather and riding.....we're getting ready to start our riding weekend. It's gonna be a REAL CHALLENGE to stay OP and find time to Gazelle with all of our partying friends around! I lost another pound...hope I don't find it this weekend.

So....I'm off to Gazelle right now....before we ride to meet those riding up from S. Florida.

Have a great weekend!!!!!

Last edited by flsunbakd; 10-19-2007 at 09:45 AM.
Closed Thread