Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: From the list below, which salad dressing would you pick if only given these choices?
Caesar 4 12.90%
Ranch 5 16.13%
French 1 3.23%
Thousand Island 0 0%
Blue Cheese 9 29.03%
Italian 1 3.23%
Vinegarette 4 12.90%
Honey Mustard 2 6.45%
Creamy Garlic 2 6.45%
Oil &/or Vinegar 3 9.68%
None, I'd eat it plain 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 11:56 PM   #121  

What a Day!!

I am seriously PMSing. This morning while I was feedin Selah her breakfast I decided to watch some TV. I rarely watch TV, we're talking twice a week maybe, and I have a strange addiction to Little House on the Prairie. (you mean that punky nose ring girl watches the Ingals Family???) Yep, that's me, full of contradictions. Anyway, it was the episode wher Mary's baby dies in the fire. I seriously sat there and cried for the whole hour holding Selah. She kept staring at me and grabbing my face with this 'what's going on? look.

So I pulled myself together and got in the car for lunch with MONET. On the way there I heard 'I Can Only Imagine' by Mercy Me so I balled for 45 minues in teh car. My brother sang that some at my favorite uncle's funeral last year.

I finally got back to a normal mental state by the time Monet showed up. We had a blast!!! We ate so well, too. You would all be proud. I did have some Shrimp Bisque with my salad, but it was a small bowl. Then we went to Harries/Whole Foods to go grocerie shopping. I think I almost drove her batty asking 'Is this the chocolate we can have?' on every aisle. We finally got it. I have to stock up on the legal stuff. If my morning was any indicator, this month will be a bad one!!
I had such a great time getting to know Monet, and I really feel like I am starting to understand more about this WOL. Not that we only talked about SB, either. I think we covered everything from churches to body peircings and tattoos. She was so wonderful, and we really got along great. I am so glad to have her so close by. I'm sure we will be getting together again.

Unfortunately, we couldn't hang out all day. I did get to see her beautiful roses and some pictures of the kids. Selah was at about her limit of perfest 'show off' behaviour, and the traffic in Atlanta starts at 3pm on Fridays. I'm not kidding either. It took me twice as long to get home, but it was worth it!! Selah got a good nap in, anyway.

I got home, made dinner and cleaned the house some more. After dinner I took Selah out for a walk. I only got in 2 miles, but it was a good 40 minutes. better than nada, right?

Here is what I ate today:
B; Fiber one/ milk/blueberries

L: Big ol Salad and Shrimp Bisque

S: 1/2 of a 70% chocolate bar IT was soooo goood!!!!

D: 8oz pork steak
side salad w/ balsamic vinegar
steamed brocolli and cauliflour

I didn't eat much today, but I felt stuffed all day!!

SOrry I'm being a bum and not posting replies. I'm exhausted!! Everyone have a great weekend!!!
Old 06-21-2003, 11:07 AM   #122  

Here is a late Friday Funny....

THE ARKANSAS QUARTER:
>
>The U.S. Treasury is recalling the new Arkansas quarter.
>
>According to Treasury officials, the quarter will not work in most
>vending machines, parking meters or toll booths.
>
>Apparently the duct tape holding the two dimes and nickel together
>keeps jamming the machines.
Old 06-21-2003, 11:22 AM   #123  

Pancho: The recipe for the Almond Granola is rather hard to find in the recipe board but I have copied it and here it is for you. I usually double the recipe since it is so good and keeps well. Also, keep an eye on it so it doesn't get too brown for you. Enjoy!

Almond Granola

Recipe By : Debbie
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
1/4 Cup Oat Bran
1/4 Cup Sliced Almonds
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Or Canola Oil
1/3 Cup Agave Syrup
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/4 Teaspoon Almond Extract

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with Pam. Combine dry ingredients in one bowl, the liquid in another. Mix each and add together.

Spread on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and stir then bake another 10 minutes. Stir again and bake another few minutes until lightly brown. ( probably up to 5 minutes)

Cool and put in an air tight container. The granola will crisp as it cools.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last edited by YellowRose; 06-21-2003 at 11:26 AM.
Old 06-21-2003, 11:32 AM   #124  

Default Saturday

I have a few other funnies, but I will save them for next Friday!

Slow morning here....I played Animal Crossing on my daughter's gamecube for a while and read. I do love quiet mornings. I just could not sleep beyond 7 this morning. Oh well!

I hopped on the scale this morning, and low and behold, I am back down to about my low point...maybe a pound above. I was happy. Not sure why, but I will take it!

Laura is working AtlantaFest this week, and so it has been relatively quiet around here. Tonight, they stay all night, and get to ride rides and stuff. The park stays open all night for the volunteers. She loves working the Festival, and I was so pleased to have the family she rides with tell me that all the organizers are commenting on what a good worker she is. She really seems to have a talent for organizing these kinds of things. She works conferences and concerts at church a lot. Once, they even put her in charge when the staff organizer had to leave for a family emergency. Makes a parent proud, I have to admit...

Later today, we are going to an open house at Tom's boss's house. I hope I can find something legal to eat, but with him along, Mr. Self Discipline himself, I should be encouraged to behave.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Old 06-21-2003, 08:47 PM   #125  

Hi Everyone! Boy the board is slow today!

I just got in from an open house at Tom's boss's house. They had grilled brats and sausage, burgers and all the fixings, and a variety of side dishes. I had four sausages, in all, spread over about four hours, so it was like lunch and dinner. I had sauerkraut, and a cucumber salad, which tasted like it had a yogurt dressing on it. I drank lots of water. I passed on the German potato salad, the potato chips, the tortilla chips, and the breads. Woo hoo! I was pretty pleased with myself!

We stopped at the Super Wal Mart and got Blue Bunny stuff. I tried the key lime with some whipped cream on top. Just like key lime pie! I found a caramel flavored brown rice cake at Harry's yesterday, and had a couple of those, and some fresh strawberries. Yum! I feel like I am back in control! It is such a good feeling too!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 06-22-2003, 12:43 AM   #126  

Monet-- Way to go girl! So happy for you, back to your low and totally in control. Can't ask for more than that huh?? AWESOME!!
Old 06-22-2003, 05:04 AM   #127  

Hey gang!!

WIW was NOT a good day for me. I didn't lose, I was up a couple of pounds. And I got in a funk and had mcDonalds on Thursday, and have been snacking on toast and, well, being pretty childish about the whole thing really. So, now I'm up three lbs

Part of this is panic, which is always self defeating for me. I don't think I can lose enough weight to make my flight. I have no idea what I weighed when I flew to CT that Sept, I know I was 430 ish when I flew to Hawaii with no problem. I can't lose forty lbs by
July 17th and it's scary. Fear of humilation is right up there with the things I fear most. I admit to feeling kind of defeated right about now. But, at least I'm back on track.

And I guess that's about it. I just wanted to check in and share some of this around. What's that line about misery loving company? I like "trouble shared is trouble halved, joy shared is joy doubled" better!!

Arc
Old 06-22-2003, 11:26 AM   #128  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Sunday Morning

Morning all--I think I may be recovering! MY nose is still running, but I seem to have more energy today.

It is GORGEOUS here today. Not a cloud in the sky and low humidity--I think I will be on the patio a lot this afternoon!

Arc--Hang in there! No you probably can't lose 40 lbs by the 17th, but you CAN lose! Grit your teeth and do the best you can. It will be much worse if you gain more of your weight back before then. Do the best you can--that's all you can ask of yourself! So trash the McikyD's and get back OP!

Monet--So glad to hear that you are back OP! Sounds like you and Talitha had a great day together! It wil probably be August before I can get up that way again as I will be gone for most of the month of July at weddings, church conferences and vacation. Belle is going to stay with her Grandparents while I am traveling.

Yellow--I'm going to have to try that granola. It sounds like something good to have in the car for snacking while I'm on the road next month! Thanks for posting the recipe.

Talitha--I love little house too--and I know what you mean about that particular episode!!!!

Cherlyco--Loved the cartoon! I'm a coffee fiend--must have coffee!!!!!

Ok--I'm at church so I've got to get back to work. I'm looking forward to getting back to a regular positing schedule this week!

Have a great day everyone!

Susan
Old 06-22-2003, 01:07 PM   #129  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!!

ATTENTION!!!!!:

Just wanted everyone to know that BOB is safe from the flooding that's going on around my neck of the woods. We were on the NATIONAL NEWS this morning..the MANATEE RIVER is flooding and all those poor people who live in its path are doomed.. We do have some low areas here in Sarasota, but not on my end of town. I actually live on a hill, so if it got up here, the main part of town would pretty much be gone!

I've just finished nuking three packages of Smithfield center cut bacon to have for the week...my house smells so good!
I made a big pot of VEGGIE SOUP yesterday, and I'll throw some chicken on the grill after while. Already have 5lbs of fresh GREEN BEANS
fixed and in the fridge. I'm set for the week. Went to the store this morning and picked up some AVACADOS, UGLY TOMATOES, LIMES and LEMONS, plus the makings for DEBS quiche...DROP ON BY....SUPPERS READY!!!!!

ARCAYNE....remember to get on the plane when they call for mothers and small children and those who need assistance. That way, you can get into your seat and be there..

MONET...I bought some HILLSHIRE FARMS BEEF AND CHEESE
wursts and they are really good...I just throw them into the nuke box and have them for lunch with a salad...give them a try...they are great!

SUSAN...WHERE ARE YOU GOING FOR A WHOLE MONTH???? Will you have a laptop with you? I'll go into AUBURN WITHDRAWAL
if you're not around! Glad to hear you're feeling better...see, being a slug helps you heal

THE DUNGEON MISTRESS called this morning and she is feeling a little better, but still has congestion...she was on her way with the kids to see her Mom...SABRINA called while we were talking, but we didn't get to do a conference call...She said to tell everyone that she will not be on the board today, but definately tomorrow!

FRIDA
TWO WEEKS NOTICE
A GUY THING
JUST MARRIED...

All good choices...especially FRIDA...if you haven't seen this one..
get it...it's a true story and very enjoyable!

GOT TO DO LAUNDRY!!! UGH!!! See y'all later!

BOB
Old 06-22-2003, 06:07 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 285/210/130

Height: 5'1

Arcayne
Well you have a choice, either give up or keep going! It doesn't seem like you want to give up or you wouldn't bother posting.
Fillise is totally right, you may not make your goal for the plan but did you really give yourself enough time to meet your goal? It kinda seems you might have unconsciously set yourself up to fail either because you don't want to go on the plane or you don't want to lose weight? Or maybe I've been watching too much Dr. Phil?? LOL
It looks like you started SB in May? One month is not a lot of time to give this program a chance. Don't give up now! You have come this far you can keep going! This program really works. It's a healthy way to live and it's realistic.

BOB
Happy your high and dry

Well we got the pool up and running after 4 years of sitting there growing weeds, $1,000 worth of parts and labor (3 cute guys putting in the new liner). My son is driving us nuts cause he wants to swim but the pool temp is 60 degrees and it's rainy and chilly here today. Supposed to be 90 tomorrow. Not sure if I'm happy about that or not.

Old 06-22-2003, 07:30 PM   #131  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

A quickie...

Better than nothing, I hope!

Will be on the board tomorrow to start the new weekly board, may not be all that early, at least not as early as usual, I've been sleeping in til 7am, but today, WHOOOA, I stayed asleep til almost 8am.

MOM is still in the hospital and me, I've got a bit of a cold? Nothing too definitive, just lite sneezing, stuffy nose and coughing, one of those you don't know if it's coming or going, but I hope the later of the two.

Spoke to BIGK on the phone today, she said to tell you all hello and that she'd be on soon - her divorce will be final tomorrow morning! As you already heard, I got to speak to BOB today, and TRANQUIL too

We've had rain every day - it's pouring as I type

Okay, I'm going to get ready for bed, I'm truly tired and may even skip my yoga class again tomorrow if I don't feel better when I get up. It's not that I feel bad, I'm just dragging. Whatever I have, it's draining my energy! On a good note, it's drained my appetite as well

I'm hoping this week will be better with me getting on the computer I'm ready to butt heads with MICHAEL after his being on here all weekend-it's getting to be way tooo much!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 06-23-2003, 01:07 AM   #132  

CHERYLCO: WEll, I do want to continue, and I know that setbacks happen. My goal isn't necessarily a weight, it's fitting into that seat. Short term goal Because I can't afford the time to drive out and if I buy that ticket, I'm committed. (Maybe a teensy too much Dr Phil! I've been looking forward to meeting my gang for a long time!

I'm already back OP, I just needed to vent to people who would understand.
Closed Thread