Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: From the list below, which salad dressing would you pick if only given these choices?
Caesar 4 12.90%
Ranch 5 16.13%
French 1 3.23%
Thousand Island 0 0%
Blue Cheese 9 29.03%
Italian 1 3.23%
Vinegarette 4 12.90%
Honey Mustard 2 6.45%
Creamy Garlic 2 6.45%
Oil &/or Vinegar 3 9.68%
None, I'd eat it plain 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 12:25 PM   #91  

Hey all.
I tried to psot 3different times yesterday, and lost it each time!!! I was so frustrated I gave up.
So I'm really behind, but this is what I ate yesterday.

B: 1/2 c Uncle Sam's Cereal w/ a handful of Fiber one
3/4 c milk
10 blackberries

S: 1 small peach
1 stalk of celery w/ 1oz Neufchatel cheese (yummm!)

S: string cheese

L: Eggplant Parm (very small/leftovers)
side salad w/ balsamic vinegar no oil
1 slice SGWW bread w/ a little bit of chicken breast and lite mayo

S:Grapes
string cheese ( maybe a new addiciton?)

D: large salad w/ 2oz chic breast, 1/4 c FF mozarella, 1T sunflower seeds, Lite Vinegrete

S: 1 handful of Peanuts in shell

So, does it soulnd like I have enough protein, nad I am eating enough, now????

No time for replies. Selah is wailing. I think tooth #2 is on it's way.......
Old 06-19-2003, 02:17 PM   #92  

Default Just ate lunch

Okay back from lunch, I had to run through the grocery store like as if I were on that show Supermarket Sweep. I did good time might I add. I was done and home in 32 minutes, just enough time to eat and go back to work. So I ate my tuna salad and 3 triscuits and I picked up a side salad at the grocery store. So now I am good to go, Everyone would be so proud, I bought fruit! Strawberries so I packed 4 and a packet of splends ( just in case)

So back to work now, but I guess while I am here I will post my good log:

AM: 2 eggs & cheese, 3 bacon water
Snack: 5 Almonds
Lunch: Tuna salad, 3 triscuits and small side chef salad with blue cheese dressing.
Snack: Strawberries

Perhaps I will have another snack while I wait for us to leave for dinner. Especially if I start to feel bad.
Dinner: (late) grilled chicken salad with Motz. cheese and vingerette.

As for my triscuits, I used to eat 5-7 from what I read on the board but reading the another sugar busters book in his plan he has only 3 and he has reduced fat. Right now I am eating the original kind but I will switch as soon as these are gone. I am tired of purchasing products and throwing them away when I find something different.

okay gals Happy Thursday
Old 06-19-2003, 02:47 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Thursday Afternoon!

Wow, it has taken me all day to catch up with posts. You are one talkative group this week.

Went to my insurance meeting yesterday at the track and all the big shots from the home office came in for it so we went to lunch and then we stayed at the track the rest of the day. That was fun! I actually started out winning about $50.00 and by the end of the day was still up on $20. Not too bad.

So today I have lots of work to catch up on.

I got my latest Fitness magazine yesterday and there was an article about the south beach diet. They said it is very unhealthy unless you skip the 2 week induction period. That period is not good for you. But the rest of the diet is fine.

Gator, good luck with that exam. I bet your are more proficient than you think. Just read your results. Congrats on doing to good. How nice of you to share some clothes with your DD and offer to cook for her. Good luck to you both.

Bob, guess you are getting our rain. Please keep it.

Tonya, that 1 lb could be anthing. Aunt Flo, the wt of your dinner last nite, water retention. Don't let it get to you. SB is better for your during pregnancy. Congrats on passing up the fast food. It gets easier.

Pancho, you did great on eating at the Mexican place. Cheerios (in the yellow box have 1 gram of sugar). They are ok. Under the 3 gram rule.

Heartmom, congrats on getting that camping wt off. Every time we put some on it seems harder to get off. Do we ever learn?

Cherylco, congrats on being down a pound. You will get under that 200 mark soon.

JEcrites, sounds like you have your hands full right now.

Susan, Congrats on that 1.5 lbs. I guess we are going to have to have LEnt again for you.

Lawyer, congrats on losing that 1 lb. Patience, slow wins the game. If you are looking for long term, then SB is the best bet. Modified food starch is illegal. But I think al lyogurt has it in it. I still eat it. It can't be that much.

Monet, I don't see how you stay away from those cakes and other goodies. Congrats to you.

Deb, so sorry to hear about your mom. Your poor family has been through a lot lately. Send her my good wishes for a speedy recovery. Can't Lauren make her own lunch. That way she likes it. (And more time for you).

Kim, good to hear from you. Congrats on the 1.5 lbs and the 20+, Bet you are proud.

Sheanne, be safe.

Teensy, Congrats on being down this week. And only for to go. Awesome!

Yellow, How awful about your collarbone. I sure hope this new thing works. Keeping my figners crossed for you.

Need to get busy.

Have a great day.

Jackie
Old 06-19-2003, 04:16 PM   #94  

Hi,

Gatorgal: Hey, thank you for the good news about this bone stimulator working. From your messages, it looks like you have the plan well in focus and going strong. Congrats on that.

Poncho and Jackie: Thank you for the good vibes.

Deb: I just made your almond granola and the house smells so good. I have already snacked on it (I just had to make sure it was good, right?) I am sorry that now your mom is feeling poorly. Is your dad doing better? You are the busiest girl I know. Take care of yourself.
Old 06-19-2003, 04:37 PM   #95  

Hello again.

We are going out tonight, so I am posting what I have had so far. I am taking Trav to Dad's Garage to see the comedy improv tonight. It's his Father's day present. We are goingout to dinner, and I have no idea where yet. I expect that I will end up with chicken breast and steamed veggies, wherever we go.

Here is what I've eaten

B: My usual Uncle Sam/Fiber One with Bluberries

S: 1 stalk celery w/ 1 oz neufchatel
1 small peach

S: way too many peanuts in shell

L: Large salad with 2 slices chicken breast, FF mozarella, sunflowerseeds and LF Ranch dressing

S: 2 rye crisps w/ 2t. 100% ground peanuts

We aren't going to eat until 7:30 or 8:00 tonight, so I may have some lowfat yogurt w/ 1t all fruit mixed in and a little fiber one before I go.

I am very excited about meeting Monet tomorrow. I think I am eating too much now, but I'm waiting for Aunt Flo, and I'm jsut so hungry. I'm guzzling the water, too!!

Here are a few replies while I have a minute:

Jack-k the track sounds like so much fun!! I've never done anything like that, but I'm sure I would have a blast.

Wanttheoldme- You are eating so well. Are you sure that is enough food? Now I REALLY think I'm eating too much!!

Gator- you know, it could be a real boost if your DD went for this WOE, too. I am very encouraged when I share recilies and menus with my mom and my sisters. Neither of them have lost very much, but they cheat mroe than I do and I keep telling them that it's all about the support I get from this group!!

Tonya - I just had Selah 6 months ago, and I really wish I had known that SB was a good idea while you are prego. I only gained 15lbs anyway, and had a pretty rotten pregnancy,b ut next time (next summer at the earliest...) I plan to just keep eating this way. It is for the rest of my life, in my opinion.

Pancho - Mexican is the worst for me. I'm always with a big group, and I can't avoid the chips. I don't eat as many,but I don't stay all the way away, either. I usually get nachos and eat jsut the toppings, but next time I think I may copy you!

Heartmom - I think I must have gained at least 3 lbs while I was camping last week I can feel it in my jeans. Oh well, it's over and we're back on track!!!

Sheanne - I remember the Rodney King riots when I lived in LA. My mom was in the hospital having my youngest brother, and we could not visit ehr b/c it wasn't safe. It was a really hard week, but God protected us as He will you!!! Just be careful.

Jenn in MN - hope your OB Appt goes well. I loved going on for my visits, because it made it seem like the time was really passing. Next thing you know you'll be a Mom!!!!

To all you LOSERS, YOU're AWESOME!!!!!!

Later,
Old 06-19-2003, 05:04 PM   #96  

Hi ladies. Well, on a whim I went and got my hair cut and colored. I got SEVEN inches cut off! Hubby is still out of town so he's not around to admire it and my best friend lives two hours away so you ladies get to see... What do you think? It used to be down the middle of my back. While most of my life I've been a hip, fun-loving person, since my kids were born I haven't taken care of my hair. I was feeling fat so the longer it grew, the more I hid behind it. I guess I'm feeling some beginings of success.

Have a great day, ladies, and GO DO SOMETHING WILD!

Last edited by amhlawyer; 06-19-2003 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-19-2003, 05:08 PM   #97  

It looks really awesome! I am always playing with my hair, I mean the pic i posted I had big chuck highlights, and still do. But currently trying to let mine grow out. We will see how long this lasts in New Orleans Hot summer, :LOL:
Old 06-19-2003, 05:10 PM   #98  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

You might be in a redneck church if: >
>1. The finance committee refuses to provide funds for the purchase of a
>chandelier because none of the members knows how to play one.
>
>2. People ask, when they learn that Jesus fed the 5,000, whether the two
>fish were bass or catfish, and what bait was used to catch 'em.
>
>3. The pastor says, "I'd like to ask Bubba to help take up the offering,"
>then five guys and two women stand up.
>
>4. Opening day of deer season is recognized as an official church holiday.
>
>5. A member of the church requests to be buried in his 4-wheel-drive truck
>because "it ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
>
>6. The choir is known as the "OK Chorale".
>
>7. In a congregation of 500 members, there are only seven last names in
the
>church directory.
>
>8. Baptism is referred to as "branding".
>
>9. There is a special fund raiser for a new church septic tank.
>
>10. Finding and returning lost sheep isn't just a parable.
>
>11. High notes on the organ set the dogs on the floor to howling.
>
>12. People think "rapture" is what you get when you lift something too
>heavy.
>
>13. The baptismal font is a #2 galvanized washtub.
>
>14. The choir robes were donated by (and embroidered with the logo from)
>Billy Bob's Barbeque.
>
>15. The collection plates are really hubcaps from a '56 Chevy.
Old 06-19-2003, 05:27 PM   #99  
Wannabe skinny babe

Real quick,

Talitha - I do my daily food diary in Fit Day (http://www.fitday.com). It's free and easy, and it tells you how many carbs/fat/protein/calories, etc. Such fun!

Lyn - that almond granola sounds yummy! I have to be so careful now with my food cravings!

Adrienne - LOVE the haircut! Wow! Very nice!

BOB - thanks for the chuckles!

ttfn,

Jenn
Old 06-19-2003, 06:17 PM   #100  
Enjoying a new beginning

Howdy everyone.... everyone has been so busy. I'm just home from the cancer clinic. My news was good and my last biopsy was negative. The best part is I don't have to go back for 6 months!!! Now it is time to really start putting my life back together. I've starting by eating better and have added regular exercise. Now I need to focus on becoming a more aware and really connect with my spirituality. I also think this is a mid-life issue. I also want to reconnect with friends I have drifted away from. I've learned a lot about how to do this from you gals. I know that the key to inner peace involves all of the above. My "cancer" season has ended and it's a little scary turning the next page of the calendar... but also thrilling. So onward and upward!!! Thank you all for the inspriation and great advice this last few months.... Lori
Old 06-19-2003, 07:31 PM   #101  

Grin - Congratulations. I can't even begin to imagine how this day must feel for you! You should be dancing in the streets! You must have such a better appreciation for life right now - take advantage of it! <hugs>
Old 06-20-2003, 08:29 AM   #102  
Little Engine That Could

Wow, I can't believe I'm the first one on this morning. Everyone must be sleeping in. I did my walk this morning. My DH walked with me because it was too wet for him to go practice golf. It probably will rain today and it even was trying to sprinkle when we were finishing our walk. I only did 40 minutes today, about 2 miles.
Breakfast: probably a protein shake and a scrambled egg and some veggie. Don't know which one right now.
Later....
Old 06-20-2003, 09:12 AM   #103  

Default Friday at Last!

Hello Ladies:

How's everyone's morning? Mine is cool, always love the Friday. I even woke up kinda early this morning, so I fiddled around and cook breakfast (the usual, eggs & 1 toast and milk) I even pulled out the dredded scale, but still the same, no movement, still up 1. But Aunt Flo is still here so holding on to that. Well yesterday evening I ran home to exercise for my 35 minutes while I watched cooking shows (love those things) and the showered for dinner, which was nice by the way. But kinda late due to my dh arriving home from work late. So I ate dinner around 8:00, I had chicken breast and side salad.

Tonight my dh and I are going on a date, dinner and to see Finding Nemo. I know I have no kids, but I heard this movie was so funny. and all Pixsar films crack me up. I laugh easily.

Hope Everyone is doing well. Does anyone know how long water rentention stays during TOM?

GatorGal: How awesome to have your DH walk with you. Mine works out but its at the gym and he does it before work, which I am already at work by that time.

Grinn: Congrats on your recovery!
Old 06-20-2003, 09:28 AM   #104  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Friday Morning All

Trying to get in a quick hello and check in before I hit the shower.

Spent the day with MOM at the hospital. She sounds better as far as her voice goes, as she didn't have one for a few days, but the Dr. came in when I was there and said she sounded like she had a symphony inside her lungs. He wants to do some testing to make sure all is okay in there, and they continue her on antibiotics, breathing treatments and oxygen. Dr. told her if she would of waited much longer it could of been REALLY bad, she wasn't even getting 50% of her intake of air that she should of.

Planning on going there again today but staying far away from her, seems now that I'm getting something It's in my chest, but very light, though I'm REALLY tired, though that's nothing new-slept til almost 8am, unheard of for me Maybe it will take away my appetite

MICHAEL was on the PBS show last night and it was a nice segment. If you see the show NEW FLORIDA on Saturday at 6pm and Sunday at 5pm and you live in FLORIDA, check it out. There's a bunch of different segments on there and one is with MICHAEL. Of course, I taped it and will happily show it to anyone who requests seeing it when they come to visit

I haven't had time to really read the boards and probably won't be able to do much more than give a quick low-down until MOM is out of the hospital. I don't have to read the board to know that you are all sending good wishes, thoughts and prayers out to her, and I thank you all Hoping things just settle down and get back to normal soon. I really do miss you guys!!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 06-20-2003, 09:33 AM   #105  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Didn't bail on ya'll.

Good morning. I just wanted to let ya'll know I didn't bail on the board. Life has been nutso since Sat. My car broke...it's fixed praise God. Then I just stayed at mom's till after her surgery. I just came home last night and am fixing to head out again. It will be a couple of weeks before things return to normal. But I will try really hard to pop in more. Eating has been horrible and the scales confirm it. I haven't had a chance to read the board yet but am praying for each of you. (((((((hugzz))))))))))))

Love,
Crystle
Closed Thread