Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: From the list below, which salad dressing would you pick if only given these choices?
Caesar 4 12.90%
Ranch 5 16.13%
French 1 3.23%
Thousand Island 0 0%
Blue Cheese 9 29.03%
Italian 1 3.23%
Vinegarette 4 12.90%
Honey Mustard 2 6.45%
Creamy Garlic 2 6.45%
Oil &/or Vinegar 3 9.68%
None, I'd eat it plain 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 10:19 AM   #106  

Default Friday

Oh, Hallelujah! I day off! I woke up at five, and with a smile on my sleepy face, rolled over and went back to sleep! That felt SOO good!

Later, life became a bit chaotic when the phone rang and woke up Laura, who had overslept. She does not handle stress very well, and had two places she was committed to be, but had missed the window of opportunity to do them as she had planned. I swiftly stepped in, made arrangements, and she went off to fullfill one, still sobbing. She is back now, but probably downstairs getting 'adjusted'. I will leave her to it...

Eating has been pretty good. I did indulge in a wheat sub roll that was not 100%, but if that is the worst I do, that is good for how I have been lately. I feel like I am getting back into control. After my doctor's comment, about my not HAVING a metabolism, I feel more motivated to stay on program. It is awful frustrating to stick to SB, and never lose. At least I know the reason, and it helps somehow.

I am going to meet Talitha and Selah for lunch. I can't wait! We picked a salad bar place, so we can behave. I am very aware of my need to set a good example. I am going to try hard to fullfill it.

JACK: It is hard to avoid the cakes and stuff. Some of it, I know from experience, is quite delicious. I try and be satisfied by the smell. It does help to, that we are NOT allowed to eat the product. Even the crumbs and all are to be thrown away. I know some people don't follow that rule and occasionally, the manager will tell us to try something. That is because it helps sales if we are aware of what the stock tastes like. I did try an almond horn, and it was quite good. Thankfully, they don't make them very often!

BOB: Not sure where we will be staying. I need to start working on that this morning. We will spend a few days in Cocoa Beach, so Tom and Laura can take some surfing lessons. I will probably sit on the beach, take pictures and read, and laugh at them! I will let you know once I get more firm plans.

LAW: The picture was great! Such blue eyes you have! I know what you mean about hiding behind hair. Mine was half way down my back, and I got it cut about 6 months ago. The best thing was that they could cut 12 inches off and donate it for cancer patients. I hope you enjoy the shortened locks! I sure do! So much easier and cooler! I also hope your hubby notices and responds favorably!

GATOR: Did your doctor give you any idea of why your thyroid antibodies were elevated? There are several thyroid conditions that are considered autoimmune disorders, and caused by thyroid antibodies. My doctor thinks my lupus and thyroid problems are connected, but since it has not been obvious, and not hindered the slow steps toward getting my treatment right, he has not pursued it.

WANT: Have fun on your date tonight! We are going to go on one too, since the teenager will be gone. Not sure where, but it has to be someplace with lots of meat and veggies and little bread. My hubby does not eat bread at all now. I am thinking I will push for Outback Steaks... Enjoy the movie. My grown kids went to see it and said it was delightful.

GRIN: I am so glad things are going well for you!

JENN: Hope you are feeling well these days! If you are plagued with morning sickness, just tell yourself it is a sign of a healthy pregnancy. It may not help much, but for me, it made it a bit more bearable. I had three miscarriages, and three kids. I needed a lot of reassurance...

TALITHA: See you at lunch!

YELLOW: Hope the bone thingie works. I understand now that it is a device and not a medicine...so forgive my stupidity from earlier! You just sit back, and let Ray wait on you hand and foot. He is such a sweetheart, you know he loves to!

DEB: I will be praying for you mom's quick recovery and for you to be able to hold up! I can't believe you make Lauren lunch and she complains! Tell her if she whines she can do it herself, or not eat! A day or two of no lunch, and she would probably be happy with just about anything!

PANCHO: I, like Gator, have a cuinsinart. I love mine. I had one I used HEAVILY for about 20 years before it finally messed up. It could have been fixed easily, but I wanted a bigger one. I talked my hubby into one for Christmas, and got the 11 cup one. I use it for everything. I have all the blades, and find it works well for most things. My son in law, the chef, laughs since he can cut things pretty fast, but when he is here, he uses it a good bit too. I make peanut butter in mine, and mix up cheesecake batter in it...the uses are endless. If you are interested in one, check out Chef.com. They have good prices, and free shipping. They had the best prices I could find anywhere on them.

QUILT: I have missed you! Hope you are doing well. Still not getting on the TM like I should....just too tired trying to get used to being a working girl!

COUNTRY: Good to hear from you! Don't you dare get lost! We would miss you too much!

TEENSY: Wow, thanks for those kind words...you made my day! I am so tickled you are doing so well on SB! Such an encouragement to me! My other convert, Gracious, disappeared! Ever see her on the LCC?

Ok, thats it for me...I gots things to do! Catch you all later!
Old 06-20-2003, 10:22 AM   #107  

Well, folks, its Friday Funnies time...and I got a good raunchy type joke in email yesterday...just in time!

WOMEN'S ENGLISH
1. Yes = No
2. No = Yes
3. Maybe = No
4. We need... = I want.
5. I am sorry = you'll be sorry
6. We need to talk = I need to complain
7. Sure, go ahead = I don't want you to
8. Do what you want = You'll pay for this later
9. I am not upset = Of course I am upset, you moron!
10. Are you listening to me?? = Too late, you're dead
11. You have to learn to communicate = Just agree with me
12. Be romantic, turn out the lights = I have flabby thighs
13. You're so manly = You need a shave and you sweat a lot
14. Do you love me? = I am going to ask for something expensive
15. It's your decision = The correct decision should be obvious by now
16. You're certainly attentive tonight = Is sex all you ever think about?
17. I'll be ready in a minute = Kick off your shoes and find a good game on
TV
18. How much do you love me? = I did something today that you're really
not going to like

MEN'S ENGLISH
1. I am hungry = I am hungry
2. I am sleepy = I am sleepy
3. I am tired = I am tired
4. Nice dress = Nice cleavage!
5. I love you = Let's have sex now
6. I am bored = Do you want to have sex?
7. What's wrong? = I guess sex is out of the question
8. May I have this dance? = I'd like to have sex with you
9. Can I call you sometime? = I'd like to have sex with you
10. Do you want to go to a movie? = I'd like to have sex with you
11. Can I take you out to dinner? = I'd like to have sex with you
12. Will you marry me? = I want to make it illegal for other men to have sex with you
13. You look tense, let me give you a massage = I want to have sex with you within the next 3 mins
14.! Let's talk = I am trying to impress you by showing that I am a deep person and then I'd like to have sex with you.
15. I don't think those shoes go with that outfit = I'm gay
Old 06-20-2003, 10:23 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 285/210/130

Height: 5'1

amhlawyer
That's an awesome haircut!

Jenn in MN
I signed up for Fitday today. Looks interesting.
Any idea what a good carb setting is?

Grin + Share it
Congratulations on your negative biopsy!! I've got a condition similar to MS that cased me to have 2 strokes when I was 32. It's taken me the past 4 years to recover from the massive amounts of steroids and Cytoxen treatments. Like you I finally feel like I'm putting my life back together. I feel like I need to get in great shape so I can help my body stay in remission!

wanttheoldme
I usually gain from 3 to 6 pounds in bloat from my period! Your li'll ole pound sounds good to me!

My poundage usually goes up anywhere from a day or 2 before, to 1 to 2 days after.
Old 06-20-2003, 11:48 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Friday Morning. It is simply beautiful here. Mid 70's and sun. That is something we haven't seen in awhile. I think it is supposed to be sunny all weekend. Yeah!

Have a busy weekend planned. Ballpark tonight, haircut early in the morning, wedding at 1:00, graduation party at 5:00. That will last all night. Then sunday, a baby shower. Sometime I have to clean house. Guess DH will be doing the laundry on sunday.

Lots of eating and drinking going on this weekend. Plan to do the best I can.

Talitha, the next time you are tempted with the chips at a Mexican rest., take triscuits along. You can dip them in the cheese or salsa. Not the same thing, but close enough and legal. Hope you had a fun night out.

Adrienne, I love yuor cute. You are so pretty. It makes you look sophisticated. Hope DH likes it.

Grin, so glad your Dr's visit turned out so well. You are one lucky girl. You can truly appreciate life and its gifts.

Tonya, keep drinking lots of water to get rid of the retention. Have fun on your ate. I want to see that Nemo movie too and my girls are 20 & 23.

Deb, glad your mom is doing better. Don't give her what you are getting. Take care of yourself and get some rest.

Country, Hope your mom is doing better. Life seems to always go crazy at one time. Pop in when you can, it will help with your eating.

Monet, enjoy yuor day off and especially enjoy your lunch with Talitha. Get some pics.

Have a great Day!

Jackie
Old 06-20-2003, 01:40 PM   #110  
Little Engine That Could

Monet--When I asked her about the antibodies and WHY I had them, her answer is that "they" don't know, meaning that the doctors have a hard time pinpointing why that happens. She did say that many time the body does weird things, (like attacking itself) during or around menopause. She also said that mercury could have caused the problem, even though I had all my amalgam fillings removed about 5 years ago and did the detox thing for it. So don't have any good answer. As far as the metabolism, I had to laugh about your doctor's comment about your not HAVING a metabolism. Sometimes I feel that way about myself. It is excruciatingly disappointing and frustrating to eat so carefully and not really lose anything. I did weigh this morning, and after 1.5 weeks of eating like a saint and walking faithfully 2-3 miles every day--ta da--I lost one pound. One measly pound. It is tempting to feel like, "Why even bother?"
Old 06-20-2003, 02:14 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Monet- loved your Friday Funny- how true!!

Okay, I'm in a better mood today- the scale was kind. I'm back at my low of 190.5. Finally got this fluid off! Yesterday I done something with my eating that was out of the norm for me and I contribute it to today's weigh in- I didn't eat so darn much!! I watched my starchy carbs and didn't eat heavily at mealtime. Especially supper(my downfall). I normally eat seconds just about every night. Last night I struggled with my willpower and ate only 1 plate. It was 1 chicken breast, brussel sprouts with cheese, and greens. I'm going to try really hard and follow suit today. For supper I'm grilling sirloins and everyone is tired of baked sweet potatoes so I'm going to fry them with onions in olive oil. Probably will make either a salad or asparagus to go with it. My only problem will be trying not to make a pig of myself with the "taters". Well, I gotta go. My soap's on and then I need to exercise.
Old 06-20-2003, 02:38 PM   #112  

Alright back from lunch, I hit the salad bar at Albertson today again. It was good. I decided to read the packaging to dressing, OMG look at the fat in blue cheese (i never thunk it) anyway, I only had half so not too bad I hope. I filled my salad with greens and purple cabbage, cheese, bacon, grilled chicken, brocoli (yeah can you believe it, takes like fresh cut grass, eek ate it anyway) and a few sunflower seeds. I only filled the to-go box with the main portion instead of over filling the entire container, lol. In fact my salad was only $2.60 so it was not even a lb! Anways I ate it with water. I hope this keeps me. I did not have time to go home for a snack. Although, I did add 4 strawberries at my 10:00 snack with 1/2 packet of splenda. They were good. Well Just thought I would share! Did I mentioned, I weighed this morning, (no-no) and nothing. Oh well, if I did it was still stuck in my head.

See ya!
Old 06-20-2003, 03:33 PM   #113  

Default NEWS FLASH!!!!!

Woo hoo! I bet I got your attention with that subject! tee hee!

I just got in from having lunch with Talitha and Selah! She followed me over here, and I gave her a bottle of Agave and two pot pies, since they did not have either at Harry's.

I swear, it was like meeting someone I had known for years! Talitha is all energetic and enthusiastic. We agreed on a lot of basic philosophies especially about kids. I am looking forward to getting together again, soon! Selah has to be one of the sweetest babies I have ever seen! Her disposition was remarkably sweet, she was only fussy for a second, and once she got some food in her belly, she was all smiles and sweetness again. Just a darling!

I did not get any pictures, as I forgot my camera, and even though she followed me back here to get the agave and pies, Selah was on the verge of napping in the car, so it was just a quick in and out with the goods, and she was on her way.

In the past month, I have been able to meet three board members, and it has been so much fun! I am hoping to hook up with some of the Florida people in July, when I am on vacation. If any of you get the chance to meet up, I heartily recommend it!

Ok, I need to go put my groceries away. I got some steaks for dinner tonight. Tom was pleased that I decided to cook in...it is a whole lot cheaper than eating out, and actually, just as good!

Catch you all later!

Old 06-20-2003, 03:46 PM   #114  

GATOR: That is interesting about what your doctor said about developing antibodies during menopause. I had not heard that, and now I am going to have to look and try and find info. I love reading about that kind of stuff. Makes me wish I had followed my heart and gone into medicine all those years ago! I know that they often have no clue as to why some people develop antibodies to their own cells. The major auto immune diseases are Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Juvenile Diabetes Melitis, and Scerladerma. There are dozens of others though, and they often have no clue as to what causes them. About all they know is that there is a genetic predisposition for auto immune diseases. What is sad is that there are more people with Lupus than AIDS, but they spend millions more on AIDS research than Lupus research. I have been tested for thyroid antibodies, but I believe the tests were inconclusive, or negative. That does not rule out that my Lupus plays a part. I do know how frustrating it is to stay OP and not lose. After a while, I feel like others think I am a whiner, and a liar. I imagine that they think I am eating way too much, and lying about it. I hope the Armour helps you. If the ratio does not seem right for you, you can get T4 and T3 seperately. Its just a long process to get the right amounts. We tried that route, and I was happy with it, but my doctor was not. Now that he is STILL tweaking, I guess I am glad he is so persistent. He is determined to get it right, and I have to admit, it is a good feeling to know he cares that much. If the Armour doesn't do it for you, ask about combining a T4 and and T3 drug. My T3 is specially formulated for me at an Apothecary. I bet there is at least one of those in Orlando! Maybe your doctor will consider that if necessary. Congrats on that one pound loss! I hope eventually, you will be able to lose normally...by that I mean two pounds a week!
Old 06-20-2003, 04:52 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Heartmom, the SB book says eat only inside the rim of the plate and only 1 helping. Glad it helped you lose. You are almost out of the 190's. Yeah!

Monet, How exciting meeting Talitha today. I'm going to BOb's area in July too, but probably the latter part. Wish it were the same time as you.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Jackie
Old 06-20-2003, 05:07 PM   #116  

Happy Friday everyone! I usually don't get on here much over the weekend, so I hope you all have a great one.

I weighed in at 128.5 today, and even took a picture to send to my mom and sis (am I a nut or what?). I got to the gym with both kids and even got a full workout in without the childcare coming to find me. My 11-month old is going through separation anxiety.

I don't know if anyone has heard of Hola Loa; it is a supplement that can replace your multi-vitamin and comes in little packets. YOu can use it to sweeten your water or iced tea. It sounds interesting and I hope to get some to try soon. I'd love to not have to choke down those 2 multi's every morning.

I am going to get my hair weaved tomorrow. I'm going to have some auburn and blonde highlights put in. I hope it turns out well since we are leaving on vacation next week, and have company this weekend.

Jenn in MN - Good luck with your OB appt. It is so hard not to worry about this pregnancy based on your past, but chances are very good that this pregnancy will go full-term. I'm sure you've heard how common it is for a woman to mis-carry once or twice during child-bearing years. I lost a baby at 12 weeks, and until I carried Delaney beyond 12 weeks, I worried everyday. BUT, before I knew it my second and third trimesters were over and she was in my arms. You will be seeing that little heartbeat fluttering soon, and feeling him/her moving around inside; I just know it. I feel good vibes for you. Plus, I lost my grandmother last year; she was in her mid-80's. Her name was Estella.

amhlawyer - Nice haircut; it looks so cool for the summer!

Grin - Congratulations on the wonderful news of your last biopsy. I am so happy for you. My mom has bladder cancer, and we always hope to hear that news for her, but haven't in many years, unfortunately. Keep you positive attitude and outlook; it will take you far.

Want - Enjoy the movie and post a little about it when you're back on. I really want to see it but my 5-year old says she thinks the shark would be too scary. Let me know how big of a roll the shark has, and if you think he is scary.

Debelli: I am so glad to hear that your mom is improving! Did I miss the Almond granola recipe somehow? I looked in the recipes and couldn't find it. I might want to make some to take along on my trip. Where can I find it? Thanks!

Monet: Enjoy your day off. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed lunch with Talitha and Selah. How exciting to meet people you've only talked to on the boards for so long! Thanks for the info. on the cuisinarts' I will have to check into them.

Jack-K - Good luck on getting through the weekend. It's funny how easy getting through the week can be, and then that darn weekend can really throw you for a loop.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited by Pancho; 06-20-2003 at 05:50 PM.
Old 06-20-2003, 05:55 PM   #117  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GOOD EARLY EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

Just got home, and thought I better list the MOVIE PICKS for the weekend:

NARC
TWO WEEKS NOTICE
JUST MARRIED
DARKNESS FALLS
FRIDA

No time to address...got to feed Kate and Skeeter!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!

BOB

HERE'S MY BABY JAY!!! ON HIS 1st BIRTHDAY!!!!! (nephew)
Old 06-20-2003, 09:14 PM   #118  
Goddess

Hello all--VBS is OVER!!!!!!!!! I am one tired puppy, but I have to stay up until midnight so I can go pick up the new Harry Potter book. This is my reward for all my hard work this week.

I'll get back on the board with regular posts on Monday, just wanted to say hello and let you know I'm still alive.

Deb--I hope you mom is better soon!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Susan
Old 06-20-2003, 10:00 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 285/210/130

Height: 5'1

Monet
I have Central Nervous System Vasculitis (CNSV) which is an autoimmune disorder very similar to MS and Lupus. Actually many people with Lupus develop secondary CNSV. Since mine is a rare condition there is very little research being done on it. It's very annoying to be told I have a condition that could kill me, they don't know why I got it or if it will ever really go away, and they don't think my kids will develop it.

Heartmom
I was not losing for about 2 months. I thought it was maybe because I started seriously exercising. I finally really looked at what I was eating and realized my starchy carb were out of control!! For the past week and a half I've only had starchy carbs for breakfast. It's hard not to have bread for lunch or supper buI'm getting used to it.

Last edited by cherylco; 06-20-2003 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-20-2003, 10:09 PM   #120  
Little Engine That Could

BOB--That picture is GREAT! I can tell that you've lost weight.
Monet--Are you getting over to Orlando on your trip to FL, or will you just be on the west coast?
Closed Thread