Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: From the list below, which salad dressing would you pick if only given these choices?
Caesar 4 12.90%
Ranch 5 16.13%
French 1 3.23%
Thousand Island 0 0%
Blue Cheese 9 29.03%
Italian 1 3.23%
Vinegarette 4 12.90%
Honey Mustard 2 6.45%
Creamy Garlic 2 6.45%
Oil &/or Vinegar 3 9.68%
None, I'd eat it plain 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 08:33 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good WIW

I am up 1 lb from last week and 2 from my all time low. I deserve it. I'm working on it. Did get my walk in last night and my wt training. So I am 2 for 2.

Sorry I didn't make it to chat. I was exhausted and fell asleep around nine. Woke up at 10 and went to bed, but couldn't fall asleep until after 11:30 RLS was driving my nuts. That really helps when you are tired.

Oh well. Today is another day.

Monet, Glad your toe is better. But get some rest. Don't want that Lupus taking over and wearing you out. Hope they get your throid adjusted soon.

Teensy, it is so exciting to get into regular sizes from the pluses. Congrats on those 94 lbs. That is awesome.

Deb, glad to hear from you. I was getting worried.

Talitha, menu looks good, but good use more protein. Doesn't look like much food.

Have a great day. May be back much later.

Jackie.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:59 AM   #62  
Little Engine That Could

Monet--What are ANA antibodies? Does that have something to do with your thyroid? Your story shows me that getting the thyroid adjusted is an ongoing process! My new dr. put me on 30 mg Armour 2X a day, so that would be 60 mg day. I was taking 75 mg Synthroid. I have noticed that I don?t have quite the energy that I did, and last night when I went walking my legs felt leaden and achey. But then I have not been taking my other vitamins this week because I'm changing to a liquid and it hasn't come yet. I had to order it.

Jackie and Fillise--My DD and I decided to send an e-mail every day to each other detailing what we have eaten. My DD likes her sweets and eats a lot of Lean Cuisines with their accompanying starches. I've invited her to come over here for dinner several times a week to help her out with her eating. She is so tired when she gets home from work that she takes a nap and then eats any old thing that she finds in her fridge. I ended up loaning her some of my clothes so she has something decent to wear to work. She works in a corporate office and should not be wearing grungy looking stuff, I don't think. So she has 3 or 4 mix and match outfits temporarily, now, to get her back on track.

Had a protein shake for breakfast, but might have a scrambled egg and some veggies for a snack because don't think the shake had enough calories --probably about 100. It was protein powder, unsweetened cranberrry juice, water, stevia and about 6 frozen strawberries. Whipped in a Cuisinart makes it nice and creamy.
I did not walk this morning. I walked last night with DH and DD and was dragging this a.m.

I am enrolling in the local university to take French lessons because I want to get better with that language. I go today to take a French proficiency exam. I wonder if I should review in my textbook before I go.

Have a great day.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:20 AM   #63  

MORNING!!!

Well I got my wish! RAIN RAIN RAIN....THUNDER AND LIGHTENING!!!!!! Rain all evening and all night...has started again and it looks like 60% today and 70% tomorrow! YEA!!!!

Forgot to weigh this morning, but as I told Jackie..I've lost 15lbs so far and still continue...If I can do two pounds a week, I'll be happy!

WHAT'S WITH ALL THE SIL VISITS DEB??????

Gotta get back to work....

BOB
Old 06-18-2003, 09:27 AM   #64  

Unhappy WIW- Up 1 lbs

Okay gals things are not looking good. I put the scale away for the week to get some excitment on Wednesday morning, but nope, Up 1 lbs. What is the dilly? I have been good, in fact, I have done 3 miles each day this week. I do have Aunt Flo visiting today, she decided to join me for WIW, could that actually be an issue? Okay I am going to give this a while longer, then perhaps I have go back to weight watchers. I did so well on that. But in the back of my head I keep thinking that Sugar Busters is better for me while pregnant. I am so confused

Why, why, Why.....I will take it as Aunt Flo's fault and move on I guess. Perhaps better luck next week.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:51 AM   #65  
Wannabe skinny babe

Hi gang,

Busy day today, stuck in meetings. Ugh! I forgot to WI this morning, but that's probably just as well.

Tonya - Aunt Flo will put a pound or two of water weight on usually. Don't sweat it and give your body another week to adjust. Also remember, when you exercise, your muscles can retain fluid afterwards, so even though the scale doesn't show it, you ARE making progress!

Hi to everyone! Good work to BOB for the loss (sorry for the pain behind it though) and hang in there to Jack-K and those with a gain.

ttfn,

Jenn
Old 06-18-2003, 09:53 AM   #66  

Thank you Jenn....I was almost in tears so discouraged! But I will do what you say, and keep the brighter side....
I could just laugh at myself sometimes, about how silly I am....I remember crying at weight watchers when every week I lost, but one week I gained .5 lol, the lady told me to go home and shave...and I would lose my .5

Last edited by wanttheoldme; 06-18-2003 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:13 AM   #67  

Good Wednesday morning all:

I weighed in at 131 this morning. I have been fluctuating between 129-131 lately. I took my dad to dinner last night for Father's Day (Mexican Food). I ordered pork & chicken fajitas without the rice and tortillas. BUT, I ate too much of the legal stuff; I guess I forgot all about portion sizes. It was good though. I had the fajitas with the grilled onions, peppers, tomatoes with some guac & sc and some refried beans.

My baby is just waking up, so I will make this a quick post, but since I usually write a book, that may not be so bad, eh?

Fillise: I wish I could pick around the starches and eat the veggies and meat, but the meat is usually coated with some type of gravy and the veggies have some sort of sauce on them (it's a German thing, I guess). I will do my best and not stress about it; I'd rather enjoy the trip and just not go overboard.

Monet: So glad to hear the toe is better, but sorry to hear about the thyroid/lupus. I sure hope you get to feeling better soon, and that the doctors can find something that truly will help you feel better.

Teensy: Fresh veggies; how wonderful!! It's so nice to know where the food you are eating comes from. My parents grow a few veggies, and I love knowing there are no pesticides/herbicides or anything on them that can hurt me. I wish I was able to grow fresh veggies where I live, but can't. Our climate is so hot, and the animals always seem to find their way to them.

Gator: You mentioned a cuisinart blender. It sounds like you are pleased with it. I have a blender that doesn't seem to mix my stuff creamy. It always comes out with ice chunks in it, and never is real creamy. Would you recommend a cuisinart? They are pretty pricey, aren't they?

Tonya: Ditto everything Jenn said. TOM can add a few pounds and working out adds muscle mass. Don't get discouraged; you'll get there.

Gotta go.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:27 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

WIW- Like I said, I'm up today. About a pound and a half. But I know it's just fluid from all the salt I had yesterday so I'm not discouraged. The good news is that as of yesterday, I finally took off the weight I gained from the camping trip. It took forever this time! Usually I would have had it off in 3 days, 4 max. This time it took 8. Anyway, I had eggs and nsa bacon for breakfast. Probably eat a peach and some yogurt for a snack in about an hour or so. Not for sure what I'm going to eat for lunch, but I'm going to try a recipe I found. Can't remember if I got it off the board or somewhere else. Anyway, it's called Busy Day Cheesy Spaghetti. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. My kids are really driving me insane lately. All they want to do is fight. And Boogie has turned into a little terror lately. He can be pretty mean and beat his sister up and bite her. He's 3 and she's 7.
Old 06-18-2003, 12:23 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 285/210/130

Height: 5'1

charlies angel
SB say's if you have any alcohol red wine is the best to drink, 1 to 2 glasses a day is acceptable I believe.

wanttheoldme
I love your idea of losing weight just because we passed on bad foods! I wish!!

BOB
Dang BOB!! Send some of the pound losing drugs this way!!

Teensybean
The durham wheat is a WW flour.
I forget where I read it but the durham wheat has like a 65 GI and the WW pasta is like 45.
I think the durham wheat is processed more, or a finer grain then the stone ground?
I have read so many books I forget where I read things. SB is a great WOE but the book needs to be put together better. It's difficult to find info.

Ok I read more and Fillise said Durum Semolina is a type of wheat. It is made from the hardest part of the wheat kernel and, as such, produces a lower GI. So It's better then white flout pasta but not as good as the WW, but still legal.

Monet
That sucks about your Lupus flaring up. You been overworking yourself?

I have been doing so great sticking to 1 starchy carb a day! I'm down 1 pound this week 202, only 3 pounds to get under that 200 mark Wahoo!
Well last night me and DH went to a Santana concert. He was awesome. I don't even care he was singing stuff in Spanish and I have no idea what he was saying
I had no crappy food or alcohol due to me eating before left.
Bad thing was at 1:00 am as we were driving home me and dh were STARVING. We did the MacDonald's drive-thru and had the # 2 ( 2 cheese burgers, French fries and diet coke). I was so hungry it tasted good.
Now I'm off to the gym to walk off the evil micky D's!
Old 06-18-2003, 01:14 PM   #70  

Default Wednesday

Hello everyone. Not weighing in today. I know it will be up since TOM is on the way. Maybe next week?!

Our new computer desk came in yesterday! I had no clue it was even here until hubby showed me it was on the porch around 5 yesterday evening. I got it put together by 10, and it took another hour to get everything moved from the old one, (not that there was a lot of stuff in it, hubby was on here and wasn't giving it up until he got called out, hehe

We're going to have chicken for supper tonight; I just have to figure out a way to cook it where everyone will like it. I don't do chicken very often cause I just hate to cook it, plus the kids like legs and they don't come with the skin already peeled off. I can't stand skinning chicken. I'd never make it on food network, I don't really care to get my hands in everything and "play" with it as they say.

I'm trying to figure out when we are going to take the kids to their grandma's house for a couple weeks, but around here it's almost like pulling teeth! Hubby has an inspection at work in July, and just like the onery man he is, he has no idea when the dang thing is. They are supposed to go stay for about 2 weeks, during the week they'll be at his sister's house and on the weekends at his mom's house. He wants to take them on a 3 day weekend and then go back to get them on another 3 day weekend; I. on the other hand, want him to take a couple weeks leave to go get them so I can see my mom too, (she lives in a different town about 2 hours away from his). I guess I'll just have to figure it out on my own and then tell him "this is how it's gonna be or else!"

As for the deposit thing, I haven't heard anything about it yet. Hopefully he'll call the realtor lady again today and see what the owner's "list" is all about.

Well I'm gonna go for now, got some stuff around here to do before I can send the kids off no matter when that happens. I'll talk to y'all later.

Jenn
Old 06-18-2003, 01:58 PM   #71  
Goddess

Hello all!

Halfway through VBS and worn out! This will be short today as I have to go home and take a nap before continuing with the rest of my day. This cold has really sapped my energy.

Only two more days to go--we are having ablast! But I have to admit, I will be able to relax a bit once VBS is over for another year.

I'm also looking forward to longer chats with my SB sisters! For know know I'm thinking about you an dhoping everyone has a great WIW (mine was pretty good--down 1.5 from yesterday--and only a couple of pounds above my "lenten low."

Susan
Old 06-18-2003, 02:09 PM   #72  

Default Afternoon

Hey ladies, Hope everyone is doing well on WIW. Congrats the ones who lost... My tummy is aching so bad, Aunt Flo hit me hard this month. I am sitting here at my desk hoping my Advil kicks in soon. As for eating, I had the same ole breakfast as normal, still good though, but we are out of milk so I had water. Is there any juice I can buy? Anyway for lunch, I had grilled chicken and a side salad with blue cheese dressing and some diet decaf tea. I am full now, but tummy still aches. For dinner, I plan to eat some tuna salad on Triscuits, wish me luck...I am not a tuna fan, but cannot figure out what else to eat. Last night I ate an half egg sandwich with 3 slices of bacon after youth service. Normally its so late at night when I get home I do fast food, but not this time. Tried to behave I go to the church directly from work, so no time to cook dinner. I would normally snack at the cafe I run, but no legal foods there! I wonder why? Anyways, boss is out but I still have work. I am going to finish up this last tape and perhaps I then will feel good about playing....

Later Gals!
Old 06-18-2003, 06:21 PM   #73  

Hi there....I have a few questions:

1. I noticed that the reduced fat Triscuits have the EXACT same ingredients as the Regular (what gives?). Is there any reason why we shouldn't be eating the reduced fat? Helps to save that fat wherever we can.

2. I don't have a box of them right here, but aren't regular old boring Cheerios legal? I think they only have 1 gram sugar per serving. Is there something in the ingredients that make them illegal?

Thanks for any info!
Old 06-18-2003, 07:55 PM   #74  

Hi all. Is Wednesday "the" official weigh-in day around here? I did weigh myself today (I'm trying to only do it every other day, but I'm a scale-a-holic, I admit it.) I happened to be down one more pound today. I'm at 188 and Feeling good. Just wish it'd come off a tad faster. I worked out yesterday and I'm working out tomorrow so I'm getting into gear here.

Query: "Modified Food Starch" - Isn't this stuff illegal? I saw it in the ingredients of the Kroger Lite yogurt and I thought someone said they eat this? I thought MFS is illegal as it is, well, a starch! Can someone comment on this?

I didn't post yesterday because I got a tad overwhelmed with everything... Atkins? Sugar Busters? Eat yourself slim? South Beach Diet? Oh boy, oh boy. I'm trying to change my eating habits long term and I feel like a hamster on a wheel trying to figure out the "right things" to do.

Pancho - I think Cheerios has added sugar (I'm pretty sure it's an ingredient in there.) The theme is to try not to eat anything with added sugar. NO sugar grams are ideal. IF YOU HAVE TO EAT a product with sugar, less than two is preferable. I guess that would be the Cheerios argument.

Last edited by amhlawyer; 06-18-2003 at 08:05 PM.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:32 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

The sugar gram rule- generally it should be 3 or less although the new SB book says 5 and under. I stick with the 3 or less. I do eat things that have sugar in them. For some things it's hard not too. BUT you should look at the grams of sugar and where sugar is listed in the ingridients- is it within the first 3 or is it on down the list? There are things that will list several grams of sugar although they are legal. Milk has around 8 or so a serving. Orange juice has around 26- and of course, it's better to eat the orange instead of the juice. But juice with no added sugars in the ingredients is legal. As for the triscuits, I prefer the reduced fat- they just leave out the oil is all. Yogurt- I eat yogurt almost every day. I like the blue bunny or the off brand(walmart brand). Stick to a serving. But I imagine plain yogurt mixed with fruit or ALL FRUIT or POLANDER'S is better for you. Maybe this clears up some of your questions. It's tricky at first but then it becomes second nature. Oh yea, I almost forgot. I won't be posting the recipe for the cheesy spaghetti, it wasn't that great.
Closed Thread