Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What is your favorite color (or the hue closest to it)?
White 0 0%
Yellow 5 11.11%
Orange 1 2.22%
Red 4 8.89%
Pink 2 4.44%
Blue 10 22.22%
Purple 12 26.67%
Green 8 17.78%
Brown 0 0%
Tan 0 0%
Gray 0 0%
Black 3 6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 04:23 PM   #46  

Toni-That turkey sounds good. If you don't mind my asking, what did you have to go with it?
Susanne-What is jewelry wrapping? I'm cheering for you to get the rink done.
Disney-Welcome to the board. That's great to get a week under your belt. Have you peeked at the scales yet?
BOB-Yowser! Whatever you have sounds awful. Are you feeling any better yet?
Dawn=-I bought some agave at the store today too. What are you going to do with yours? The only plans I have is to make cheesecake with it, but I am curious as to how other peoplke use it.
Heart-Glad the scale is dropping. It sure did take a lot of water yesterday!
Crystle-Great that you are a size 9!! I feel stuck where I am too. Somedays I do great and then I will blow it. I am just starved alot of the time, and don't know what to eat. I'm making a turkey this weekend. Too funny about all of your hams.
Trish-The 10K is April 5. I've started out my training slow. But I am running/walking 4-5 days a week. But the scale keeps going up. I've gained 5 pounds since Christmas.
Kathy-Enjoy your daughter! I have 2 boys away at college and I do miss them. So sorry to hear about your dh. Is he able to work at all? You sound really motivated to lose--good for you.,
Gator-Enjoy your walks.
Old 01-21-2003, 04:26 PM   #47  

What is the chat link? Is anyone going to be there tonight?
Old 01-21-2003, 04:29 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Country- I don't know why I have a problem with fluid retention- I've gone to 2 docs and all they say is drink lots of water and avoid salty food,DUH! They won't prescribe me anything. It really sucks at times. As long as I drink gobs of water and watch the salt, I'm okay. But heaven forbid that I slip up and eat something salty or don't drink at least a gallon a day, then I'm all puffy and up several pounds the next day- Oh, refined carbs do the same thing to me.
Right now, I'm on my 10th glass of water- 12 oz. glasses. Yesterday I was drinking 16 oz.glasses---16 of them! I was so tired of drinking water.
Okay guys, I ate my chef salad and was still wanting something so I had a piece of bread with peanut butter on it. I got the Smucker's this time. I'm keeping it OUT of the fridge-it gets too hard that way. Now it's a little soupy,lol. Man, I put the ham in the oven about 45 minutes ago, and it's smelling divine- WILLPOWER,WILLPOWER!!
Old 01-21-2003, 04:34 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Whew! I'm exhausted. This has been a wild day. We had a proposal going in on a job and I don't think I sat down more than 1/2 hour all day. Swallowed my lunch whole around 2:45. Now I'm not hungry for supper.

Linworth, I eat a good amout of food. Probably too much. I really try not to eat between meals, but I don't eat lunch until around 1, so I usually have to have a snack around 10:30. All this talk about turkey is making me want to fix one. Just fix veggies along with it and bunches of them.

Toni, sounds like you had a busy day alone. Don't overdo now. Pork rinds are ok. I usually get the hot ones. Helps me drink more water too.I think the high for us will be 15 on Thursday and they are calling for snow here too. I feel fine today. Don't know what it was.

Beth, Welcome back. It is so good to hear from you. Glad your surgery went well and glad it is behind you. Happy anniversary too. What a good day to start back OP. It really is a great accomplishment going from a size 22 to a 14. Be proud of yourself and go on from here. Good luck.

Trish, WTG on the long walk and getting to curves. You are going to be so sexy with all those curves. Roast sounds soo good, just can't eat that brown rice though.

Zanne, hope your DH's back is feeling better soon. They can be such babies. Wait for help on the rink.

Disney Blond, Welcome to our board. This is a great place for support and friendship. One week behind you is wonderful. It gets alot easier after that first week. Glad you decided to join us.

Bob, Hate that you now have a bug. Girl get some sleep and feel better. What kind of pill do you take for restless legs? I have that too and it drives me crazy.

Dawn, I didn't realize you lived in MD, my DSis used to live there and my niece lives in Myersville. She gets me ww hamburger buns b/c I can't get them in KY. So you are lkucky you can get them there.

Heartmom, glad you are back on track and 3 of those pounds are gone. Keep hanging in there.

Country, I know what you mean, I just want to get there and be ble to say I did it and then stay there. I guess we need to develop some patience. Enjoy your beautiful weather. It is 35 here. You are truly a bargain shopper.

Miata, staying the same can be a good thing. Next week will probably be good for you. Glad you are enjoying the tops and curves. How sweet for you to make a quilt for that lady. Men just don't have a clue do they? I can't figure out how they can be so opposite of women. Mars/Venus I guess.

Lauren, Have a great birthday. Don't eat too much lobster.

Tranquil, I'm so proud of you being back 100% OP and being so focused. Hope your bronchitis goes away soon.

Gator, I will head out around 5:30 tonite. I like to walk before it gets dark so I don't trip I'm such a clutz. Good for you getting your walking in every day.

Linworth, you souldn't be hungry all the time. Maybe you aren't eating enough. Post a day's menu and let some of the knowledgeable people look it over. I hope to be at chat, bubt I don't have the link here at work. Hopefully someone will post it.

CHAT tonite. Deb asked me to remind everyone of chat tonite. She is having trouble getting on the boards and had to run out for the day. SHe asked me to post the link for chat but I don't have it on my computer here at work. Sorry. If anyone else has it please post it. She won't be able to join us due to Lauren's BD.

Good luck to everyone on the scale tomorrow. Hope we have some big losses.

Jackie
257/163/145
10-10-01

Last edited by Jack-K; 01-21-2003 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-21-2003, 06:58 PM   #50  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Talking

DARN THIS SERVER PROBLEM!!!! I just lost my post!!

Jackie...I use SINEMET which is a parkinson's disease med..I take it every night around 9:30 p.m.
I can set a clock by my legs...when it gets to be 10:00 p.m. and I haven't taken it yet, the legs get to moving!
My Cousin and her Sister(also my cousin) are blessed with the problem too...Scottie takes Klonipin and Ellie takes Trazadone(sp)

This is usually an inherited problem...we got ours from our GM who didn't even know what caused it back then...She sounded like the Boston Marathon at night

Gals, I've got to get back in the bed...this has really got Old BOB by the short hairs!

I'm not working tomorrow either, so I'll check in during the day.

BOB
Old 01-21-2003, 07:16 PM   #51  
sef

HiedieHo All!!

I have missed you all! Have been extremely busy and have been out and about! I think now I will get back to normal.

I want the girls in the car w/ DEB on the way homw from O town that it was great to talk with them all. I was so envious that I couldn't be there to root for our illustrious big D!

I tried to post this yesterday and could not get on the board, am trying again.

I will have to go back and do some reading here. I am so far behind with all your news. Just wanted you to know I am still here.

Shirley
Old 01-22-2003, 05:20 AM   #52  

Hi, This is rather a long post but I wanted to talk to all of you.

Deb: I hope Lauren had a wonderful birthday celebration. Did she find the lobster to her liking? Lauren is so
lovely and a fine help in the kitchen.
I ordered The Smart Weigh from the library and I am looking forward to reading it. I also checked out The Taste
of Lebanon to read again.

Toni: I , also bought or got free at Thanksgiving two turkeys. We always go to my daughterís house for the
holiday and I just keep mine until later. It is so much easier to fix the turkey when I do not have the pressure of the
holiday. How is DHís work going?

Jack-K: How are you feeling these days? Did you get past the icky feeling? Size 10 jeans sounds mighty fine to
me! Congrats. I think Target or Wal-Mart are fine suggestions for the roll about. My daughter will be here this
weekend and we will have fun shopping. Also, it is good exercise. She keeps me moving.

BOB: Here I am awake at 3 am. I was just thinking of you and wondering if you also were awake. Too bad we
canít predict and chat. Ha.

Heartmon: Sorry about the binge but happy that you are on the right road again. On the walking tape....does it
require a lot of arm work or just legs?

Quilter: My daughter was going to make me a bracelet with a watch face she bought. She got too busy to get it
done for Christmas so we are going to work on it together later. We have done bracelets, ankle bracelets and
earrings together and it is fun to work and talk. A very bonding experience. Rearranging rooms in the house, huh?
That must have been quite some work. I bet you can count the extra stairs as exercise. Tell us more about the tutor
training class.

Gracious: Donít you just hate it when the scale does not reflect the good work you have done? I do find that I do
my best when I weigh daily. It is when I am out of control that I donít weigh and donít want to face facts.
Sometimes just weighing makes me get back on track. Thanks for the good words about my newest blouse.

Linworthlady: The BBQ sauce was some that I brought back from when I visited Florida. We went to one of
BOBís favorite restaurant and the sauce was so good that I brought it back for my husband. Thank goodness that
Deb put it in a seal a meal because one of the baggies leaked. What a mess that would have been in my luggage.
Thanks for the encouragement.

Beth: Hi to you. How are you feeling now after your surgery? How long will it take to recover? Congrats for
being back on track and your SB anniversary. Did you say that you had to go shopping? I hope it went well.

Trishaloo: WOW are you getting organized with the WOE. A good dinner in the crockpot (I would like the
recipe, by the way) and good exercise. See I could be doing that rather than feeling sorry for myself about what to
do about this collar bone surgery. I guess you know by now that you have to put a little oatmeal in a very large
bowl. I have also had the boil over problem and it is such a mess to clean up. A road trip sounds like fun after I
get this surgery behind me. Iím not much fun right now with that on my mind.

Zanne: I think we are getting some the cold air down here. It was so pretty Monday and now this. The wind is
the worst part. How is you DH doing with his back?

Solshine: Where are you???? Monet?????

Tranquil: I am sorry that you are still sick. Glad to hear about the skirt getting loose, however.

Sef: Next time we need you in the car with us. I would love to meet you in person.
Old 01-22-2003, 07:38 AM   #53  

WIW

I am down two pounds this week (after a two week stand still) to the point I was when I was released from the hospital with mono. (I had lost 12 from not eating at all, and being dehydrated, and had regained 5, then bounced back and forth a couple pounds until the holidays, when I gained some. Now I have the holiday pounds off, and the five I regained- and it wasn't easy! )

Sorry I have not been posting, though I have lurked some. I have just been busy, and dealing with some issues that were depressing and made me a bit anti social. Thank you, to those who missed me. Not sure when I will be back in full swing, but I am not off the wagon....eating is going great. So is exercise.

Old 01-22-2003, 07:48 AM   #54  

Default WIW!

Ack. I am still not posting my actual weight, especially since we had left over tacos for dinner last night! I do think they must be loaded in sodium because of this number I see today. But no problem. Keep going and eventually it will too! I hope everyone else does well on WIW.

COUNTRY- I weigh daily but it is very first thing in the morning. I get up, go to the washroom and then hit the scale. I find that if I weigh again later after coffee or breakfast then it is up a couple of pounds. I can't do that to myself! I was always under the impression that the first weigh in in the morning is truest. I would drive myself nuts with multiple weighings throughout the day. But whatever works for each of us is the way to go.

YELLOWROSE- I agree that daily weighing keeps me on track. We are the same it seems because when I am eating poorly that is the only time I don't get on the scale...afraid to face the music, as it were. I hope you got back to sleep and are rested.

SEF- Hi there!

TRANQUIL- Hope you are feeling better soon. Way to go on staying OP!!

DISNEYBLONDE-Welcome to the board! One week down is excellent.

MIATA- Very nice of you to organize all the ladies to do a block and make a combined quilt for the poor dear with cancer. That will truly bring joy to her heart.

That is it for now. I get to relax a little bit today. The house is all cleaned cause I had the Bible Study here last night and I only have to catch up on folding the perpetual laundry. The ladies ended up bringing 4 different kinds of cookies and homemade bread over! Why do they make it so hard on me? But it was a good time anyway!
Old 01-22-2003, 07:50 AM   #55  

MONET- We were posting at the same time! I am so glad you are still about. Whatever the issues are I shall certainly send up prayer on your behalf. Congrats on getting off those pounds, you are doing really great.
Old 01-22-2003, 08:12 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy WIW

Hope the scale is good to everyone. I waved my and everyone is going to lose something today. I only hope it's weight and not our minds.

I was down 1 lb. today to a brand new number 162. I just want to get out of these 60's and into the 50's. Never happy are we??

Bob, Hope you are feeling better today. My legs get to hurting at night and I have to move them. As long as I move them it's ok, but I can't keep them still w/o them aching. Is that the same as yours? My mom had the same problem, except hers was a lot worse (that's scary) and she didn't know what it was either.

Heartmom, Maybe you should try those apple cider vinegar tablets that Monet takes for water retention. Sounds natural.

Sef, glad you are back. Sounds like you have been extremely busy. We have missed you.

Yellow have fun with your DD this weekend. SOunds like a lot of fun. Those walking tapes use arms and weights but you don't have to do that. They have a modified version in them also.

Monet, WTG on those 2 lbs and getting rid of all the rest. Sorry you are having some problems. Remember we are here for you to vent, we don't care if you are anit-social. We'll make you feel better. :

Gracious, I hate that you are retaining water. That has to be the problem. You are right, it will go quickly. Hang in there. WTG on passing up the goodies at the Bible study.

Serene, It was good chatting with you last nite. Hope your day is easier with your boss gone.

Gonna get starated here. Need to work on my wedding list and then I guess I better do some work.

Jackie
257/162 /145
10-10-01
Old 01-22-2003, 08:16 AM   #57  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

QUICKIE!

Sorry, wasn't able to get on here yesterday, have a meeting at 8:30am this morning, as you can see, if I don't skiddadle, I won't be on time, a pet peeve I have.

Will be back on later today to post - I have itchy fingers and lots on my mind!!!

Hope it's a good WIW for you all - I myself am staying off the scales for a while - will explain later!!!!

{{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 01-22-2003, 08:35 AM   #58  
"I'm working on it!"

Default WIW Quickie

Morning All

Still freezing here this morning. We're hoping the deep freeze will be over this weekend.

I forgot it was WIW when I got up. I'm not going to weigh today anyway cause TOM is here and I know I bloat up.

Just some quickie replies:

DEBELLI--Hope Lauren had a great birthday!

MONET--Good for you for getting rid of those lbs. I hope you're feeling better soon.

YELLOWROSE--DH's back is getting much better. Thanks for asking.

SEF--Glad to see you post!

BOB--Hope you're feeling better real soon.

JACKK--DH's back is getting better. I'm lucky and have one of the few men who is not a baby when he's sick or injured. I actually had to pull in his rens to make him rest!

LINWORTH--Jewelry wrapping is what my FIL told me he was doing. He uses gold or silver wires (or a combo) and twists, twirls and weaves them to make bracelets, rings and pendants. My fave that he has done for me is a pink polished stone in a "cage".

Sorry if I didn't get back to some of you. Time to walk DS to school in the freezing cold. Got my long underwear on!

Bye for now.
Old 01-22-2003, 09:36 AM   #59  
Hanging in There

Talking

Jack-K I lost my mind years ago!

Linworthlady--I'm going to try some bread recipes I printed from the recipes forum.

It's cold here in the DC area, but I'm loving every minute of it!

Very invigorating!
I usually don't weigh myself--I tend towards impatience and would get discouraged if I saw that the needle hadn't moved a bit. When God was handing out patience, I was in line for the Ladies Room. Mentally I'm feeling pretty darn good, and I think that if I stay on the diet I will see results. Just gotta be patient!
Old 01-22-2003, 09:38 AM   #60  

Oh dang forgot to weigh in this morning so will have to do it tomorrow morning. I'm all dressed and have eaten a bowl of oatmeal so don't dare step on the scale now. Our temp. is dropping today... And we're supposed to get snow this afternoon. So I have to go out and do some running. Get a couple of things at the grocery store and go to the bank and post office.

Tranquil- So sorry you're sick. Hope you get better soon. Sounds like you're really doing great with being OP and losing so a big congradulations...

Gatorgal- Just a big howdy..

Linworthlady- We just had a green salad and fresh broccoli with it.. I guess I could have baked a sweet potato but I try not to fix a big dinner at night. Mostley we just eat meat and salad or meat, vegetable and a salad. But I guess if you're feeding a family it would be different. But right now DH is doing SB with me...

heartmom- I hate that water retention. And ham will do it to me... But since I have heart trouble I take lasix for it.. But I to have to drink lots of water..

Jack-k- Glad you're feeling better. I sure feel like I'm at a plateu with my weight, can't seem to start down even though I'm eating right. Yippee for the pound of butter....... You rock girl...

Bob- Rest well girlfriend... Hope you're feeling better soon...

Sef- Howdy there wondered where you'd got off too....

Yellowrose- Thanks for asking, DH is doing fine but tired on his job. Guess it will take a couple of weeks for him to get back in the swing of things. I'm like you I like to cook a turkey when all the hoopla has calmed down and its just the hubby and I.

Monet- Congrads on the weight loss.... I think I'm at a stand still and it drives me crazy... Hope you're feeling better. I know Mono is a hard thing to get over..

gracious- Glad your meeting went fine. Oh dear homemade cookies would be hard for me. Lucky you with a clean house..

Hi Zanne and Debilli......

Will try to pop back on later.. Hope you have a great day and stay warm....

213/166/130
Closed Thread