Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What is your favorite color (or the hue closest to it)?
White 0 0%
Yellow 5 11.11%
Orange 1 2.22%
Red 4 8.89%
Pink 2 4.44%
Blue 10 22.22%
Purple 12 26.67%
Green 8 17.78%
Brown 0 0%
Tan 0 0%
Gray 0 0%
Black 3 6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 08:50 AM   #31  

Good morning everyone. Made a nice turkey last night for dinner. Took it all off the bone and put it in containers and froze part of it. It will be nice to have the meat packaged and cooked. So DH went today with his favorite a turkey sandwich. Boy was he tired last night after that first day back at work. Of course that meant him and the dog snored all night.. LOL.... Let me tell you its funny now but wasn't in the night. But I was plenty tired. I did allot more yesterday than I've been doing because I was alone. Trying to back off the starchy carbs and give myself a push. I'm hopeing this new getting up earlier and spread my meals out father is going to help...

Jack-K- Sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope today is a better day.... We were warmer yesterday to, it sure helped to thaw things out. Today the wind is blowing and its supposed to be colder the rest of the week getting down to 5 on Thursday. I just hate they're calling for snow to this week.
Sounds like we eat allot alike. Except I have pork rinds as a snack. Wonder if those aren't good for me? Wow and you got a walk in. Great hubby..

heartmom- Hope you have a good OP day. Sometimes you have to take an hour at a time... Isn't that crazy.... It is sooo hard to climb back on. But you can do it...Cause you are one strong lady.....

acw- Hope you get some of those legal foods so you can grab something and not get so hungry. When I do that I can't seem to get full...Good luck on your day...

Yellowrose- Yippee on the smaller size.. Thats such an encouragment...

Nomoresugar- Good for you three days OP, you're on a roll.... keep up the good work....

The Quilter- Okay now I need pictures of this jewlery... Its getting to sound way to neat and I'm dying of curiosity!!! So you quilt and now make jewlery. I am far to jealous of you!!!!

gracious- That has to be water gain. And it will probably be off in a day or two. You're doing so good. Yikes taco's are my favorite food....Hope your bible study went well.

Guess I'll finish up here and then hit the treadmill. Have a great day....

213/166/130
Old 01-21-2003, 09:23 AM   #32  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Arrow Hey Everyone!!!

I'm baaaaaaaaack!!!!!

No, I wasn't hiding...LOL... I'm sure someone out there remembers me talking about having surgery Heck, even my mom didn't remember till my DH called and told her I was home and resting!!! Sheesh!

I'm feeling much better than I have for the last week, but boy have I been BAD!!! They ended up doing more than they thought they would... and I ended up with a cath for a week, and I felt SO BAD about it and about myself, that I just ate whatever I wanted for the whole week! Got the cath out yesterday... celebrated with a HUGE BBQ Chicken stuffed baked potato because I wanted to get it all out of my system.... and today... MY ONE YEAR SB ANNIVERSARY... I am back on track!

One year ago today, I woke up and just started SB... no planning, no nothing... I just wanted to lose weight. Today I'm feeling good that I can do it again... just like I did then.

The scale is up SEVERAL (like almost 10) pounds from my all time low since starting SB... and I'm tired of losing those pounds twice!
Of course I know some of it is from the surgery and things, but most of it is MY DOING. I am back in focus!!!

One year ago... I was a miserable size 22 and hating myself. I'm now a SNUG 14 but much happier with myself, and ready to move on. I've been in a 14 for more than 6 months... I think the 'new' of being thinner is over now and I'm ready to get smaller. I think this anniversary is just what I needed to re-motivate myself.

Sorry I haven't been able to catch up on posts, but I couldn't even sit up for a week... Hope everyone is doing well...

I'll be catching up from here on out... still can't sit in a chair for long amounts of time, so I won't be on as much for a while... but I'M HERE

Have a great Tuesday Tomorrow is DH's birthday, I have GOT to go shopping!!!

Bye!!!
Old 01-21-2003, 09:44 AM   #33  

Good morning everyone. Boy, what a difference a day makes (sounds like a good song title, huh) in the weather here in Texas. Yesterday was an absolutely beautiful clear crisp morning. Today it is so foggy, you can hardly see in front of your face. We got a new vehicle a couple of weeks ago, and I was scared to death this morning that someone was going to hit me.

Yesterday morning before I went to work, I put a roast in the crockpot for dinner. Last night's dinner was roast, brown rice and salad. It was very yummy. I went to Curves and worked out, then my neighbor wanted to walk, so I got in a 40 minute walk as well. Here's hoping that tomorrow's WIW will reflect some of that. I made oatmeal for breakfast but ended up with half of it bubbled over in the microwave. What a mess. I guess that's one way to make sure I didn't eat too much.

Toni, congrats on the DH getting a new job. I know that mine would be driving me crazy if we were together all the time. I love him dearly, but you know what they say about too much of a good thing. The turkey sounds good. I looked at them at the grocery store on Sunday, but they were pretty expensive for some reason, so I passed. Turkey carcasses also make a wonderful stock.

Jack-K - Woohoo on the size 10's. When do we get to see a picture????

Debbie - Glad Eli made it home safe and sound. Be sure and give everyone, especially the birthday girl, a big hug from me.

Zanne - Stay warm! Do we have an update on the ice rink?

Linworth - I know what you mean about eating too much of a good thing. That was something that I know I've doing. When is your 10K run? There is one here in April that I've never done before, but would really like to try. That was one of my goals from last year.

Chris - I'm so glad to see you back on the board. Please know that we're here for you whenever you need to vent about anything (or anyone).

Kat - I may have missed it, but what part of Florida are you in? I know what you mean about leaving everyone at home in bed yesterday. The only good thing was at least the traffic wasn't too bad and DH cleaned up the kitchen for me.

BOB - GO BUCS!!!! I'm so glad they beat Philadelphia. Actually as a Cowboy fan (yes go ahead and laugh, it's not easy these days), I'm glad when anybody beats Philly. Hope you got some sleep last night.

ACW - You do have your hands full. I just love the names you chose for your children.

Gail - Good morning to you.

Heartmom - Who knows why we sabotage ourselves. Most of us have been exactly where you are. That's part of what makes this board great.

Lyn - Sounds like we might need a road trip to the outlet mall pretty soon.

Ruth - Just how cold is it in your neck of the woods?

Quilter - You must be the most creative person. When do we get to see some pics of the new jewelry? Are you going to be selling it or are you just doing it for fun. Good luck with your class. I'm sure you'll do great.

Gracious - Isn't it frustrating when the scale goes up when you know you've been eating right. For some reason, it takes a couple of days for changes to show up. Maybe that's what's going on with you. Also, those tacos might have been a little heavy on the sodium (especially if you used a pre-packaged mix of some sort).

Beth - So glad to see you back. Happy anniversary!!! You've really done great. Keep it up.

Whew, well, I think I'm caught up now. Hope everyone has a great day.

Trish
Old 01-21-2003, 10:10 AM   #34  
"I'm working on it!"

BKM--So glad to see you posting. Sorry to hear you're going thru some stressful times. Sounds like the SB weekend was just what you needed. Try to keep strong. You'll be just fine.

HEARTMOM--Don't be to hard on yourself. You got back OP AND did the tape! Hooray for you.

TONI48--I'm not in the States. I'm around Toronto, Canada. Still cold here today, but lovely and sunny.

YELLOWROSE--WTG on the medium. What a nice compliment from the salesperson.

NOMORESUGAR--It's cold way up here, but I know you Florida girls are cold too. My inlaws have a "winter"place in West Palm Beach and got up to 60 degrees INSIDE the house yesterday. That's cold! Our bodies get used to a particular climate I guess.

QUILTER--My FIL took jewelry wrapping classes last winter and has made me some beautiful stuff. He actually sold a lot of his stuff and made a nice bit of pocket change! Maybe you can make a career change!

GRACIOUS--Your gain is probably water. It should come off soon. I know it's difficult, but try to NOT get on the scale every day. Still cold here, but nice and sunny. Rink STILL is NOT done. DH hurt his back and can't move too well and I need him to help me lay the plastic. Plus it's been windy too. I may attempt it myself today if the wind stays down. Try to keep warm over there!

BETH--I've been wondering where you've been. Didn't realize the surgery was so soon. Hope all is ok. Happy SB anniversary! You've come a long way.

TRISHALOO--I'm staying warm. I actually prefer the really cold but sunny days to the days where it's hovering around freezing but dull, rainy or wet snow and yuck. Rink still not done. See reply to GRACIOUS.

MONET--we're wondering where you are???

I better get out of here and do something!
Bye for now!
Old 01-21-2003, 10:35 AM   #35  

Nice to meet you.

I'm a Newbie...one sugar-free week down!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by DisneyBlonde; 01-21-2003 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:46 AM   #36  

Disney Blonde

Welcome aboard. Congrats on your first week sugar free. That's always the hardest part. Please feel free to just jump in and ask any questions you might have. As you see if you've been reading the posts, we talk about anything and everything here, not just weight loss. That's what makes this board special.

See ya!

Trish
Old 01-21-2003, 10:54 AM   #37  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Morning Every Buddy!

I'm home again today, with a stomach bug! This hit me late yesterday and believe me, you don't want it! No front or backend motion, but my belly is downright sore. It feels like
I've had the dry heaves for 3 days!
I couldn't get warm last night, and had the thermostat up to 77 , and for those of you who know me, I'm a hot blooded Mama! I just couldn't get warm, chills , temp of 101 degrees.

I'm a little better this morning, but the sore belly is still there..I've got a call in to my Drs office to see if there is anything I can do, or if I just have to wait it out!

My sleeping sucked last night too...seems like I did get some sleep, but in short intervals...I finally had to get up a 3 am and take another restless leg pill...

Ok...enough belly aching from me...Have a good day everyone.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAUREN!!!!

BOB
Old 01-21-2003, 11:32 AM   #38  
Hanging in There

Smile I found it!

There is a place in my area that sells Agave Nectar! It's an organic grocery store called My Organic Market and for you MD residents out there, there are 2 locations: one in Rockville on Parklawn Drive and another in College Park. The bottles are small and a bit pricey, but IMO it'll be worth it. Man I thought I was going to have to call every specialty store in town, but luckily I thought to check out MOM. I might still check some other places, but at least I know of ONE place that sells this stuff! Whoo Hoo!
Old 01-21-2003, 01:02 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Angry Feeling a little better...

Well, I ended up drinking 16 big glasses of water yesterday. I know with other people, they would have been in the bathroom all day,lol. I look and feel a little better today. The scale was down 3 pounds-so 3 more to go. I'm baking a ham for supper with greens and sweet potatoes. I know that I better not eat but a slice or 2 of the ham, because of the salt content and added sugar. I've had it in the freezer forever... Anyway, the weather here is crazy- the other night the low was 12 and the high's only in the 30's. Today it is muggy and in the 60's. I'm going to do my WATP tape 1 in a little bit. I honestly think I could do tape 2 with no prob- but I'll stick with tape 1 for at least another day. Okay,fixing to go make me a chef salad..
Old 01-21-2003, 02:14 PM   #40  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good afternoon all!

It's been one of those weeks. You know you are eating right doing right and the scales still go up. Two steps forward one step back. It truly think at times I am destined to be stuck here. Which isn't bad..just not where I want to be. I hope I don't sound like I'm complaining cause I'm not. Like so many of you I remember where I was at two years ago and I thank God everyday for not only being thinner but stronger physically.

Beth....welcome back. I hope you continue to recover from the surgery. You will do great and have done great going from a 22 to where you are now and where you are gonna end up...what size are you shooting for? When I started I said I would be happy to be a 9...I fibbed...LOL got here and really really really want to be a 6-7...

Jack-K...I sure hope you are feeling better this afternoon.

Bob....sure hope you start feeling better soon.

Trish....we didn't have the fog this morning...but man did we have some wind. It's hard to believe it's 78 degrees right now. I wouldn't be surprised if we hit 80 before the day is over. But with the cold front on the way that is gonna make tomorrow and the next day feel soooo cold.

Welcome Disneyblonde!!!!

Heartmom....that is a lot of water...LOL I would have been the bathroom queen. Is there a reason you retain so much of it? Salt hormones? I hope I'm not being too nosey.

Zanne...excellent advice on not weighing every day...but it's one of those things...I am so drawn to the scales...I won't say how many times I weigh a day...but never less than once.

Toni...I love turkey..send some down my way. I have a giant 22 pounder in the freezer just waiting on my lazy hinney to cook it. Since I'm the only one that really likes it I think it might last forever..LOL

Lin...it really does feel like a Monday. Then again I kept thinking yesterday was Tuesday....

Well I think I am gonna get off of here and enjoy a walk while the weather is nice. Sorry to those I missed. I have read and enjoyed every post.

Love,
Crystle
Old 01-21-2003, 02:20 PM   #41  

Crystle - OK I have to ask, why on earth do you have a 22 pound turkey in your freezer?
Old 01-21-2003, 02:37 PM   #42  

Hi all.. Just wanted to check in and tell you I turtled..That means I stayed the same. which in my book is ok...And I am proud of myself, I am still not playing the weigh in game,..I ate, drank coffee, went to Curves and then weighed in...Had a nice Tops meeting, and am home now thinking about lunch...Will exercise more, drink more water, eat more protein, watch the carbs, and weigh less next week. It will be a challenge..My dd ishome from Louisana on leave. we are going to do some celebrating but I will prepare for it. I will eat sparinly that day, drink water, etc then enjoy my night out with my dd's.

Everything else going good, Planning on making a quilt for a fellow tops member that is going thru some serious cancer. I found 4 other quilter in the group so I challanged them to make me 5 blocks. And I will turn around, put them tog and we will give it to her.. I really like this group of women, it is very funny to be around such old people..but it is nice since my mom lives so far away..I must tell her all about it...

Toni...I totally relate to how you feel about haveing the house to yourself. My husband was hit with a wrecking ball 9 years ago, up until last year, he was always home, always..I hate it.. I never had the house to my self..last year he decided to join a vet group and now he leaves some times..He has taken some mini vacations (4 to 6 days) and boy do I enjoy my house when he is gone..

Jack-K..Size 10 jeans!!! that is a beautiful size!!! congradulations on size 10 and all the savings.Your dh is funny!!! saying is that good!!!

Chris:;; sorry to hear bout your divorce..I am glad you go to visit with the SB girls...Don't give up on your eating, you can do it..

To everyone else I didn't get to respond to, have a great Tuesday..(it is still such a surprise to me how many people are on this site, and how much we post..) the neat thing, is that there are so many people at goal here..That is totally amazing,a nd good instentive to us who need to lose..Thank you for being here, and thank you for posting..We all need to know that there are people out there that have succeeded..Know what I mean??

Kathy
Old 01-21-2003, 02:41 PM   #43  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Trish...

They went on sale after Thanksgiving for only .19 cents a pound...*smile*...and for less than 5 dollars that's quite a few meals. You should see how many spiral cut hams I have in the freezer...you know the ones that usually are around 1.99 a pound. They went on sale for .59 cents a pound after Christmas. I have 9 of them in there I think. I cooked one the other day and it feed the six of us three meals and made several lunches for hubby. And the bone made a huge pot of beans. I won't need hams for the next year or so...LOL You wouldn't believe the bargins I have tucked away in the freezer.

Love,
Crystle
Old 01-21-2003, 03:41 PM   #44  

Just a quick post to say I am still completely 100% OP and going strong - my skirt that was getting snug is fitting very loose - making me very positive about it all - and I have bronchitis - chest xray showed no pneumonia - still coughing -so back to drs again tomorrow - they prescribed a form of prednisone and all it did was make me sick on my tummy...ugghhhh...but instead of worrying about that all, I am focused on diet and health and I am reading a fascinating new book called the Insulin Resistant Diet - and it is really informative....

I am at work and it is crazy - so cannot post a normal one...

Sabrina
Old 01-21-2003, 03:52 PM   #45  
Little Engine That Could

Well, Jack-K I'm glad to see that you got your walk in last night. We must have been walking at the same time. My DH and I both arrived home last night at 9:15 and he announced that he wanted to take a walk. Was I surprised!! So, I put on my woolies and we waddled around all bundled up. Walked for 2 miles. He wants to walk tonight too, so will wait for him to get home before I walk. It probably will be another 9 pm. thing, as I have an in-service training thing tonight at 7pm. At least I'm staying pretty faithful to walking almost every day. sually on Tuesdays I don't get to walk at all, so I'm happy he wants to walk tonight.

Monet! Where are you, girl?? We've missed you and your astute observatiions and thorough knowledge of nutrition and cooking.

Well, gotta go. Want to clean up the kitchen and cook dinner before DH gets home, and I want the house to look good before I leave the the meeting tonight. See-ya.
Closed Thread