Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What is your favorite color (or the hue closest to it)?
White 0 0%
Yellow 5 11.11%
Orange 1 2.22%
Red 4 8.89%
Pink 2 4.44%
Blue 10 22.22%
Purple 12 26.67%
Green 8 17.78%
Brown 0 0%
Tan 0 0%
Gray 0 0%
Black 3 6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 04:29 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Default UGH!

I am sooo disgusted with myself right now. All last week, I was good with this WOE and even started exercising. But I didn't loose anything- so Saturday I go and blow it and eat Mexican food and I ate everything illegal- AND then I went to a birthday party and pigged out I had LOTS of chips,cake,dip,cookies-you name it. But did I stop there? NOOOO- I had to eat myself sick with Taco Bell last night. I woke up this morning and I knew right away that I was puffy- my eyes hurt. Can't even wear my wedding ring and my eyes look like slits in my puffy face. The damage-6 pounds! I still can't believe it-why in the world did I do this? I have been drinking water like crazy today, and I've only peed 2 times. Okay, I'm thru wallowing in self pity- no one to blame but myself. On another note, I bought the Walk Away The Pounds for Abs tape- did the 1st tape(1 mile) and it was easy, and I managed to get my heart rate up and sweating a little. I'm gonna do tape 1 for the next couple of days and then I'm going to start on tape 2.
Old 01-20-2003, 04:43 PM   #17  

Well I've had a great day by myself... Got all my housework done by nine o'clock. I have a turkey cooking in the oven and I laid down and read a book. Or part of one. Haven't done that in ages. Hope my DH had a good first day back at work...

Jack-K- Guess I'll like the week-end now since I know Monday will be a work day. I'm sure he's happier having someone to talk to but me... I'll be totally boring to him...LOL....A big congradulations on those size ten jeans. Woo hoo new clothes!!!

Zanne- I forget what state do you live in? Its really cold here and we're getting more snow Wednesday.

linworthlady- I'm having trouble with my weight to. I think I might have to give up carbs for a week or two...

BigKnightsMomma- Oh its so good to see you posting. I'm so sorry you've had such a rough time. I'm on my second marriage and divorce is never easy. You belong here with all us crazy ladies so just keep on comin' Sounds like you've lost the weight the hard way STRESS. Anyway happy to have you back!!!!

Mom2Marsh- I was surprised my DH got on days. It was more than we could have hoped for. He worked nights allot and I didn't like it...But just having a job is a miracle.

Bob- Oh don't you just hate those toss and turn nights. They drive me crazy. And why is it you always want to go to sleep at 5. What the hecks the difference betweet 2 A.M and 5. I know three precious hours of sleep. Hope you get a really good nights one tonight..

VR- Hope you have a good work day...

Trishloo- Oh no you had to work too.. Hope it was a good day...

acw- Wow sounds like you have your hands full with little ones. Its hard to learn to eat the right way when so busy. But one good thing they'll learn good eating habits through you...

Gatorgal- Just a big howdy...

Well I'm off. Hubby should be home from work soon... Oh gosh its nice to say that... Till tomorrow....

213/166/130
Old 01-20-2003, 04:45 PM   #18  

Heartmom- It just happens sometimes like that... Just pull yourself up by the boot straps and come on gal. You know a big part of it is water weight. You can do it now... Don't get discouraged get mad!!! LOL
Old 01-20-2003, 04:52 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon all,

Been pretty busy all day and now it's time to go home. Had kilbasa (sp) & sauerkraut planned for dinner but my stomach has been upset all day so don't know if I can eat that for dinner. Couldn't eat my lunch so I went and got some tomato soup at a deli and I felt better after that. Boss is sick today. Hope I'm not catching it.

It's a little warmer here today, 32. So I guess we will try to walk tonight.

Deb,send my bet wishes to Lauren for a wonderful birthday. Which one is it? 15? I'm sure you can get back on track. You have the best determination of anyone I've seen. You'll be below that wt before your 3 yr anniversary.

Zanne, glad you are dressing warm for that walk to school. THe wind was bad here yesterday too. It cuts right through you.

Linworth, I probably don't eat as good as others on the board. I don't watch my fats. Usually bf is eggs and bacon or just egss, sometimes oatmeal. aruond 10:30 i eat an apple (this morning I had yogurt), lunch is usually a salad with ham and cheese in it & blue cheese dressing)& a piece of fruit. DInner is steak, chicken, hamburger and ususally 2 or 3 veggies. Snacks are cheese and nuts.

BKM, When I heard you were at the weekend, I said I hoped you got back on the board. I am so sorry to hear about your divorce. That is so scary after 25 years. I too turn 50 next month and have been married 30 years so I don't know what I would do. Hope things turn around for you. You are a strong person, you can do this. Yuo are right, marriage shouldn't be tolerable. Anyone I know that has gone thrugh a divorce has lost a lot of wt, I always said that if SB didn't work this time, I was getting a divorce just to lose wt (but I was only joking). But that's not the best way to do it. We are glad you are back with us and we are here for you anytime you need a shoulder. You are in my prayers.

Mom2Marsh, some of us have to keep the world going. I just hate it when DH and kids are home and I have to work.

Bob, sorry you are feeling poorly and didn't get any sleep. Hope tonight you sleep like ababy. Get back 100% before I come after you.

VR, have a good day even though you are working.

Trish, WTG for shedding the Orlando pounds. Now keep on going. How tragic about the accident. Glad no one was hurt.

ACW, boy you do have your hands full. Don't see how you even have time to eat. Glad you are getting more time for you.

Gator, Hi and have a great day.

Heartmom, if we knew why we do the things we did, we all would be skinny. Brush yourself off and start again. Good for you doing those tapes. Aren't the fun?

Toni, sounds like you had a great "me" day. Your DH will have to much to talk about tonight. Enjoy.

Have a great evening everyone.

Jackie
257/163/145
10-10-01
Old 01-20-2003, 05:51 PM   #20  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAUREN!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2003, 06:42 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Just checking in again- I'm on my 11th BIG glass of water- I finally started peeing a little. I got hamburgers on the grill. Only 1 bun for me,probably shouldn't have that-oh,well-at least's it's legal. Feeling a little better than earlier today. Thanks for the words of encouragement Toni and Jack-k. Yes, with this WOE, you can easily get right back on track after a weekend fiasco like I had.
Old 01-20-2003, 06:49 PM   #22  
acw
Cuddly Kiwi

Jack-k - being so busy is part of the problem some days I don't seem to have time to eat! I end up grabbing whatevers handy which often isn't good for me or missing and realising at 6.30 at night I haven't eaten since breakfast and then eating too much because I'm hungry! I'm trying to plan ahead so there's something there in the fridge or cupboard but it's hard to even do that when the kids are all home. At least we have good weather at the moment and they can run around outside but I can't relax the same. I need some space to just sit down and read a good book!

Catch you later

Anna
Old 01-20-2003, 06:52 PM   #23  
acw
Cuddly Kiwi

Heartmom - Hope your're home when that dam bursts! 11 glasses of water I'd be camping out in the bathroom all day if I'd had that much!!! Good on you!!

Anna
Old 01-20-2003, 07:18 PM   #24  

Hi,

I went shopping yesterday for a Le Sport Sac bag. They are feather light and I thought that might me good for my next trip. I also looked for a small take on the plane roll about. These people are very proud of them since one I priced was over $400. I quickly passed that one up. I just need one about 15 inches, so , I will continue to look for something a lot more reasonable in price. $400 indeed!!!! Too bad Deb isn't here to find me one at a garage sale. She is the Queen bargin bunny,

One good note was that I was trying on jean shirts at Eddie Bauer and the sales person actually said the smaller size was more flattering...yeah! a medium. It did not take me long to make the decision that, yes, the smaller size was much better. HA!

Jack-K: I always love your posts because you are so encouraging and helpful to everyone.

Melf: I am happy that your family is getting settled into their own spaces. I feel somewhat guilty about your shoulder because I feel you stressed it coming all the way over to my terminal to say goodbye to me. It was very much appreciated but I hate it that your shoulder is now hurt. I think I may know why you thought I would have red hair. My litter avatar girl has red hair. What do you think?

Trish: Congrats for getting the pounds tamed after the trip.

BKM: Sorry to hear you so sad. Way to go in getting the computer to keep in touch with us!

Deb: My husband is crazy over the avocadoes and the BBQ sauce.

Wendy: I only will okay the lingerie shot if I don't look like a cow in the picture. That robe did not give a very flattering angle....anywhere.

I know this is short but I must run. Bye for now.
Old 01-20-2003, 08:27 PM   #25  

Three days of being "good!" Maybe it's the cold weather but I have little or no appetite and am going with that flow!

Toni - Congrats on your dh having a full time job again. I do know what it is like to have them around all the time. We have been retired for 4 years now and he is my shadow! I keep busy and he is a couch potato. He does go out on Monday and Tuesday nights - which are MINE! I love being alone in my home - as long as he comes back!!!

Jack-K - Size 10 is pretty thin!! Are you going to try for size 8?????

Debbie - Those northern gals don't realize that we freeze here when it gets below 60!!! And it is cold again tonight. Where do you go for decently priced lobster - there is a Chinese place in Sunrise that has great prices. And I think they honor birthdays in some way. I will be getting the agave at Whole Foods in Boca on Thursday - they were out of it last week!

BigKnightsMomma - Glad to meet you! I am so sorry you have to go through a rough time - but as you said - the gals here are here for you! Where is Palm City? I'm in Boynton.

Keep SBing gals - see you tomorrow!
Old 01-20-2003, 10:33 PM   #26  

Default A Monday Night Quickie!!!

Hi Friends! Well, I'm already behind in the reading. But I just wanted to check in and wish everyone a fabulous week. It was nice having this Monday off. Paul and I ran errands and I ended up at the bead store again. This new hobby is really addicting. Tonight I finished a gift for a friend's birthday tomorrow. Then halfway through that I thought of another design and had to start and finish that too.

Hope you are all well. We've been rearranging rooms in our house. We now have our bedroom and office on the second floor so that's MANY more trips up the steps. I think I hear my thighs screaming. Ha! Actually, got out my Leslie Sansone tapes today and got moving to one of them. I'm so out of shape I pooped out before finishing the two-mile. Ugh!!! Boy, there's some serious work ahead of me. But at least I got to a mile and a half. Have any of you seen her new infomercial. Those new tapes certainly look tempting and the price seems okay. If any of you have ordered them, please let me know what you think.

Oh heck, I hope nobody thinks that last paragraph was a commercial. Oops! It wasn't meant that way.

Listen, have a great week. I have a big day this coming Saturday. A new tutor training class (newly revised by me) and I'm a bit nervous that it will flop. I have 19 people registered for it, which is a good number. Wish me luck!

I'll be out tomorrow night and Wednesday, so don't know if I'll have time to check in. If not, please know that you all are in my thoughts.

Later,
Kim
Old 01-21-2003, 08:00 AM   #27  

Default Tuesday

Another day and I am actually up a couple of pounds this morning! I am shocked because although I ate a little too much dinner yesterday, it was legal homemade tacos on SGWW tortillas. I am hoping some big water consumption today will flush me out. Strange isn't it? The way we eat legal and gain but sometimes eat off plan and don't. Messes with the mind! I know it is just that daily fluctuation thing but since I am a slave to daily weighing I will use it to my advantage and keep extra strict today.

JACK-K- I am always so motivated hearing about your progress. Going from a Size 22 jeans to Size 10 is awesome!! I still can't fit my..shall we say..voluptuous butt and thighs into a Size 10 pair of jeans. Dresses and skirts sure, but not jeans. Hopefully my time will come since that is my goal!!

TONI- How wonderful that your hubby got a job. Being a stay at home mom I can totally relate to what you were saying. My hubby is a Pastor and usually studies at the church but sometimes he says he is going to work at home. He works on the computer so I can't get on, he hangs around wanting to take a break and drink coffee with me which slows down my cleaning, etc...it is never the same! Even at the end of his vacations I say okay dear, time to get back to work! I am sure you are enjoying your freedom at home. How did his first day go?

BKM-Sorry to hear about your situation. It is good to have friends and family around to help you get through this and you sure have a bunch of great friends from this SB Board according to the weekend photos.

DEBELLI- I know you will reach your goal again in time for your 3rd Anniversary. This is just one of those times when there are bumps in the SB road for you. You will get over them and keep going like always! You are the queen SB'er!!

ACW- Three critters are an armload, that is for certain, I have 3 myself. They were one of the major motivators for me to lose weight in the first place. I wanted to be able to play with my kids and do things with them as they grew up. I also didn't want my kids to be embarassed to be seen with me. Now my boys always tell me I am beautiful and my daughter is a carbon copy of me and always has people telling her that. She tells me she is proud to have them say that and that makes me feel really good! Keep up your good work because it will pay off in the end for you and them. I think a lot of it is getting into the habit, at least it was for me.

ZANNE- Yes, it is still freezing here too. I heard this morning on the radio something about it being -30 celcius wind chill again. At least that is warmer than the weekend with -35! Did you get your ice rink made yet??

I better post this before it freezes on me.
Old 01-21-2003, 08:09 AM   #28  

Glad that worked. I just wanted to add something...

MONET- I was thinking about you too and wondered where you got off to. Is everything okay? How are things with your daughter and that guy who was hanging around?

YELLOWROSE- Congrats on the Medium!! I know that Medium makes me feel so much *skinnier*. Hearing comments like that from the salesperson is inspiring isn't it?

Okay, off to clean clean clean. I have 15 people coming for an evening Bible Study tonight. This happens every Tuesday and it started last week. I used up Christmas cookies from the freezer for them last week but I have to figure out what I will be serving tonight. Have a great day!
Old 01-21-2003, 08:23 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Tuesday moring,

Went home last night still feeling icky. After dinner, DH insisted we take our walk. I sure didn't want to go, but he insisted he was going even w/o me. So I went and of course I was glad I did. I really didn't even mind it. It seemed to go quickly. In fact I felt better afterwards. Then we worked out for 30-45 minutes. Then I got to veg out on the couch and watch Joe Millionaire. He even fixed his own lunch.

Heartmom, Don't stray far, when all that water hits, it gonna hit hard. Good job.

ACW, I guess my advice for you would be to stock up on legal things, veggies, cheese, etc. I think lunch is the hardest meal, especially when I'm at home on the weekends.

Yellow, have you tried a Target or Wal-Mart for the roll-around? I think some place like that should have them fairly cheap. WTG on the med shirt. Doesn't that make you feel good. Nice sales clerk. Thanks for ths weet words.

NMsugar, Yeah for you 3 days OP. Even if yu don't have an appetite, try to eat. You don't want your body to think it is in starvation mode. You won't lose that way. Yes, size 8 is my goal.

Quilter, Good luck on your class. I'm sure t will be wonderful. I saw the info commercial for those tapes too. I just got the 3 mile, the old one. That figures as soon as I get something they come out with something new. I think I'll stick to the old one. I prefer the wts over that band she is using now.

Gracious, that daily fluctuation thingy is a killer. Maybe the meal was just heavy. Get it 24 hours and I bet you are down. I can't get on that scale everyday. Once a week is nerve wracking enough. Those 10's are a little snug, but I hope to get them loser soon. One mof my co-workers just told me that the pants I have on today are too big. It's a good feeling, but don't want to go out and buy more just yet.

Anyone doing chat tonight????

Got to get my day started. Be back later. Have a great one!

Jackie
257/163/145
10-10-01
Old 01-21-2003, 08:29 AM   #30  

Happy Tuesday that feels like a Monday to me.
Toni-What are you having with your turkey? I am planning to make one this weekend for my inlaws, andr I would like to avoid all the high carb side dishes. How was dh's job?
Laurie-Don't worry about your slip up--just get right back on the wagon (easier said than done though, at least for me). I like your devil.
Jackie-I hope you are feeling better. Thanks for sharing your typical food day. It sounds like you eat like I do--except I eat more, I think. I am going to try not to eat too much this week.
Anna-It's so hard with the 3 little ones to get anything done I'm sure. I guess you just need to plan ahead. It sounds like you do have fun with them by getting outside and to the parks. I really really miss my young family.
Lyn-WTG on the medium. Don't you love when you can buy smaller clothes? What BBQ sauce-can you share?
Nomoresugar-LUcky you to not be hungry!! Have you warmed up yet?
Kim-Your new hobby sounds like so much fun! Did you take a class? Keep going on the tape--I'm sure you will get to 2 miles soon.
Gracious-You voloptuous thing you!! I know exactly what you mean about dh being around too much. We get along better when dh is working in his office at work. I don't even lije him coming home for lunch I hate the evil scale! That is so sweet of your kids to tell you that you look great. I'm sure that means a lot coming from the kids.
Closed Thread