Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Typically, what sweetener do you tend to use most?
Equal 4 10.81%
Splenda 16 43.24%
Sweet N\' Low 6 16.22%
Stevia 3 8.11%
Agave Syrup 6 16.22%
Trutina Dulcem/Whey Low/Ki-Sweet 0 0%
Sugar 0 0%
Other 1 2.70%
None 1 2.70%
Whatever is handy, no preference/usage of any particular brand. 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2002, 09:25 AM   #91  
Mel

Default Fat Burners

HSMama- Fat burners are generally useless because the minute you stop staking them, the weight piles back on even worse, no matter what you eat. Also, if it contains ephedra (ma huang) it is very dangerous, especially if you have even slightly high blood pressure, or are borderline diabetic. To use it correctly, you are supposed to cycle on and off them in 2-3 week cycles, but the weight comes back on your off cycle. There have been deaths and heart damage associated with these products. I've never hear of problems with picolium chromate ( actually, I think it's chromium picolate) used by itself, tho. IMO, regular exercise works better. There really isn't a magic pill.

Darasmus- Krista's stumptous.com site is one of my very favorites! I don't think she needs any coaching on feminimity! She just doesn't mince words. Loads of great information for men or women.

Chris- Where is Pa do you live? There is a Trader Joes in Wayne just off 202 in the Gateway shopping center. I'm assuming from your posts you are in the Philly area.

TV- Glad to see you back! I don't think I ever saw a picture of you before. Funny how you get an image orf someone, then they look totally different!

Beth- Congrats to the baseball champs and their mom. I don't know how you cope with that schedule!

Deb- No bread: well, that's a long story made short. The BFL food ****s feel that the least processed the carb, the better it is for building muscle, and that wheat (even sgww) is a pretty pathetic carb. So, trying desperately for a flatter stomach and visible abs, I'm giving it a try and have cut bread completely. My other reason is that if it happens to taste good, it is my #1 trigger food and I'll eat a whole loaf. I can stop at 1 square of chocolate, but am helpless with bread. Better not to even go there.

Gracious: about those last 10 pounds: that's why I switched to Body for Life. For me it was the last 5 that wouldn't budge, and I realized that even if they did, I still wouldn't look the way I wanted to.

Today is suuposed to be our 5th grade picnic at the pool in my development. Monsoon rains and thunder is the forecast . I think I'll have to postpone it, cause I sure don't want 86 5th graders ending up at my house if it starts to pour in the middle of the swim party! Yikes! That would be a nighmare.

mel
175/133/135 SB since 7/24/01, BFL since 1/1/02
Old 06-06-2002, 09:29 AM   #92  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Talking Howdy Y'all

How are all of you doing? Wonderful here, as I spent WIW SHOPPING!@@!@!... I think I had to have lost a ton of weight from all that walking around the mall in those 6 inch platform sandals I bought that are comfy as sneakers!!! Of course, I'm a lot lighter in the wallet too !! Got 4 shirts, 2pr shorts, 2pr shoes (both platforms that make me about 6'1" tall!! I LOVE THEM!!!) and a new toe ring Got a few other odds and ends and all in all had a GLORIOUS day alone except for meeting DH for lunch and dinner

NANCE - I haven't been over to my MIL's so WIW will have to be postponed until I get there... maybe one day I'll just suck it up and buy a darn scale so I can give you daily updates LOLOL!!

TV - I know what you mean about the ballpark. My oldest DS team didn't do very well at all, and their last tournament game will be tonight. (It's double elim, and they've lost one already, not holding out much hope for this one...lol) Youngest DS just won game #18 in a row on Tuesday night, and we're hoping to go all the way through the tournament and remain undefeated!! We are the TBall Season Champions, and want to be the Tournament Champs too!!! Hey watch WHNT 19 on Saturday, I think they're coming to cover our game I posted a link to the website earlier... www.eteamz.com/mpracardinals/ I think that's it

OK... I let DH take a pic of me 2 days ago... he seems to think I look a lot thinner in the face than I did in the pic on the other board lying on the bed. I think I don't look much different at all, except in this pic I had rolled my hair so it's not super curly I was on my way to work, and it was 11pm, so I'm looking SLEEPY already... but here it is

See Y'all
Old 06-06-2002, 09:31 AM   #93  
Undercover Diva

Exclamation OOPS... forgot the pic

Duh
Old 06-06-2002, 10:10 AM   #94  

Mel and Deb and any other trader Joes shoppers.
I am really excited, I found a TJ close to me.
Can any of you recommend some things that you buy there, I will have kids with me and would like to make it out of the store with out an incident.(yeah right)

Mel
I am in Feasterville, Wayne is a bit far. Since you mentioned that there was in Wayne I went on the TJ web site, They have one in Abington which is really close. Thanks!

YellowRose
Hi there, I used to live in Arlington and Ft.Worth. I worked in Grapevine
Tom Thumb and Los Colinas at the Simon David/Tom Thumb as a cake decorater. That was 7 years ago.
I have the same inhibition about sleeveless tops. And the same tan!

Toni48
Congrats on the 2#'s!!! And the walking, keep it up!

Nancemeister
The zuccini bread sounds great! Did you make it yet?

heartmom
Your little guy is absolutely adorable!!

Jack-K
Great job on the 4#'s!

sef
You passed on pizza....thats what I call will power!! That is my #1 weakness!!

gracious
Can you share your pasta creation, and I do agree 1/2 would be like torture!

Beth2374
WOW!!! You look MUCH thinner in the face!!!!! Great Pic!

Hi Serene, I am also new to the board.

Chris
Old 06-06-2002, 10:12 AM   #95  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Beth You goddess you!!! You look great...can really see a difference in your face from the before pictures! WOW! You must be so proud. and YEAH!!! dang-nabit!!! When you were out shopping yesterday, you should have popped into a department store and purchased a bath scale!

Well...I got through yesterday. Wasn't perfect, but alot better than the last three days. Hopefully today I can move up to the 100% OP category and stay there!
Old 06-06-2002, 10:15 AM   #96  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Chris Yes...I made the zucchini bread, it tuned out like green mush with some flour added to it. I have another tried and true recipe that I'll stick to, but I always like to try new recipes. Some are good and others....well, speak for themselves.
Old 06-06-2002, 10:15 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Hey Gang,

Red1, Happy Belated Birthday. Sorry I forgot yesterday. Hope if was a good one!.

Lots of activity on the board today. 7 pages, Whew! It's raining here, still. Didn't get to walk this morning. Had to walk in drizzle last night, but it felt good. Nothing going on with me today, boring. It's still crazy here at work.

Daramus, Congrats on your 1 lb. Sounds like your cardio/wt training is taking off. Thanks for the site, I'll check it out. Good luck.

ChrisB, WTG on resisting the food at the picnic. Hope you ate some of the fruit.

TV, What a cute picture. Your son is adorable and you certainly don't look like you need to get to 125. Precious is just that. Cute t-ball picture.

Gator, If you are working with wts maybe you are gaining muscle and that is why the scale is not moving. Don't get discouraged. Look at al the good you have done. Have a great vacation.

Slaphappy, Sounds like you had a nice visit with Melf. Have a nice time in Gatlinburg.

HSMama, IMHO, I wouldn't use the fat burner. You really don't need it with SB and I wouldn't want to use something that you don'tknow what it will do or what's in it. I have heard they are dangerous.

AdronsGirl, Good to hear from you. Glad your still eating OP. 1" in the waist is a good sign. Keep up the good work.

Tranquil, Sounds like DS is having a ball. How cute about the girls. Take care of that blister.

Sef, WTG on passing ont he pizza.

Gracious, I'm with you on the 1/2 of pasta. I always save my 2 carbs so I can have a whole cup when I make spaghetti. I have to really avoid the mac & cheese, can't stop. WTG on the 1 lb. You will get that 1/2 lb. next week for sure. I'm going to have to check out the flylady site. Sounds great.

Tanquil, Congrats on the 1/2 lb. Sounds like you got the scale going in the right direction. Keep working out the soreness, that's the quickest way.

Mel, 86 5th graders?? Are you nuts??. I wouldn't want that many anywhere, let alone in my house. I hope you have a lot of help with them. Hope the rain holds off.

Beth, Sounds like you hit pay dirt with all that shopping. Sounds like a nice enjoyable day. You deserved it with your working hours. You are soo pretty. Loved the pic. You're right, you do look like a normal person, LOL (re piercings and tattoos). You don't even look like you need to lose any weight.

Hopefully I will be able to check in later.

Jackie
257/187 /145
10-10-01
Old 06-06-2002, 10:28 AM   #98  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Thanks..

Thanks for the site yesterday Daramus. It was sooo motivating. And a confirmation that I would like to head off in that direction. My husband has been wanting to do weights for a while because he use to do them in his Navy days. And he said they help a lot with stress.

A little reminder ya'll. It's more than the scales. You gotta go by how you feel and what you see. I'm saying this from experience. My watch is looser...my clothes are getting looser but the weight is staying the same basically. It's hard if you are a scale watcher like me.

Merl...you are such an inspiration. And I appreciate all the advice you give. I agree about the bread. I stayed away from it for most of last year. I'm heading back there. I hope that will break this yo-yo thingie. It seems like the triscuits and breads set me back.

Beth....you look marvelous! You are so very pretty.

Nancy...you will be back 100 percent OP in no time. YOU can DO it! ((hugzz))

Well, we have gas for the mower again so today is mow day. Better get before it gets to hot to breath.

Love,
Crystle

235/155/135
Old 06-06-2002, 11:04 AM   #99  

Thumbs down Hello ladies and gent!

well i am back, have been eating better and more serious about my walking. and finally my 6 pound window of fluctuating has disappeared. i just need to stay motivated and be patient. my labs and blood sugar levels continue to stay good too!

this has been quite the busy chatty board! welcome to all the new faces, you will find a lot of care and support here.

we are leaving for cincinnati this weekend for a family reunion and a wedding, first time my family has all gotten together in a while for something other than a funeral. with BOB's help and my sister and the cincinnati phone book i have tracked down QUILTER! we talked on the phone last weekend and plan on meeting and going to skyline for some chili and then to jungle jim"s which i hear is a quite incredible fruit,vegie and lots of good things market. i will take pictures for sure debbie! maybe i could smuggle you in the car for the ride to cincinnati. like my other 2 sugarbuster meetings i am sure i will enjoy my time with kim!

will check in when i get back in 2 weeks, take care all

chris
Old 06-06-2002, 11:09 AM   #100  

Good Thursday morning everyone... My life is boreing right now. Sometimes that can be a good thing. The electricity went down twice as I was walking on my treadmill this morning. Boy is that an adventure!! You're tooling along at 2 mph and then you're not! Got off after 10min. and decided I'll walk at the campground this evening...

Jack-K - Oh my gosh you beat me this week. Wow 4 lbs. I'm doing the happy dance with you..... You are doing so good. My goodness 70 lbs. You ought to be proud!!!

Nancemeister- Yum the zucchini bread sounds (gag) wonderful. I really love it and would like to make a good SB one. I think the pumpkin bread is next on my sweet list. Have you tried it yet? Glad you had a better day. I admire you for working your way though and sticking with the fight......Sometime doesn't that seem what it is a fight between will and will power?!

Chris- Lucky you having a TJ near you... I hear they're really neat stores.

Beth- Sounds like you had a great shopping trip. Wow 6 inch platform sandles!!!! I love a nice toe ring. I got my DIL a blue topaz one and an ankle braclet to match for Christmas. I'm sorry I can't seem to get the picture....

Meliris- Hope if you don't cancel that party for the kids it doesn't rain....

Tranquil-Congrads on the 1/2 lb. You can sure do it on the 5 lbs. Good luck....Sounds like you're eating good. Wish I could eat cottage cheese for breakfast but that just doesn't hum my tune... You really did get allot of exercise to wear a blister on your foot.

Gracious-Congrads on your 1 lb. loss. I'm dying to know how you made your pasta recipe. I've yet to try anything but the spraggetti and regular noodles in the ww. Glad your house is coming along good. What made you start this big project??? Wow sounds like your sons room is going to look great...

Sef-LOL on your son... My DH is like that. I had staples removed from my neck once. I'd had a caritod surgery and tried so hard to be brave..... I would much rather have it on the back. They couldn
t see my mouth hang open in silent screams.

Adronsgirl- I hate when restarant people try to lie about there stuff. I've had that happen before to me. Especially when I used to eat low fat products. I just got over my plateau and it lasted three weeks. Sounds like your body is just readjusting. Thats when I'm glad I've taken my measurements. You're doing so good.... I wondered where you had gone!

Homeschooling Mama- Good for you staying OP all day. It does get easier for me to the longer I do this WOE. You stop fighting with the food I think. What a great idea about the swimming.... Wonder why your foot is swollen.

Slaphappy.- Hope you have a great vacation. Sounds like you're as busy as a cranberry merchant... Sounds like you had a great time with Melf. The food sounds wonderful. And good for your son...

Guess I'll go for now. Starving for breakfast... Have a great afternoon......

213/186/130
Old 06-06-2002, 11:17 AM   #101  

Thumbs down p.s.

we are driving to ohio and plan on visiting a former bunko buddie on the way. she and her family live in johnson city,tenn. we will spend the night and then head on to cincinnati in the morning. i will shout HELLO as we drive through louisville, JACK K ! hopefully it will be a safe and pleasant trip, will seem funny traveling with only sarah. jeff will fly in for a ong weekend after his economics exam. and then back to orlando.

bye, chris
Old 06-06-2002, 11:41 AM   #102  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Thursday Morning Y'all

Just got home from taking ELI to work. Right as we were turning to come down the street over from ours yesterday his car gave him a message that the battery had trouble. We did make it home, to find the belt that generates power to the power steering, battery and a host of other things had popped off-some pulley is broken that holds that belt on it seems. We had to get the car to the mechanic which, luckily, wasn't too far. It would start to overheat and ELI had to coast in neutral and restart the car again, but he made it. So today after I dropped Lauren off at school we had to go to the mechanic because upon all this other crap with it, something was wrong with the car alarm. Thinking it needed a new battery we went there-still going off at the drop of a hat-so THAT needs to be fixed as well. After that fiasco it was off to drop him at STARBUCKS to begin his day.

After I dropped Michael off at school today I got in my walk and JUST walked the 4.5 miles. Too hot out there. Let's not even mention the 2 dump trucks that passed me at 2 different times and the black smoke they were spewing out! I had to cover my face with my T-shirt it was so terrible. Those of you who have a lovely park, live in the country, or easily find a place where there's not emissons spewing out from cars all around you - consider yourself lucky!

Yesterday we went up to Broward and hit OLE OLE and then I dropped ELI off at the SB up there, his "sister store" and had 45 minutes to kill and just went to a little shopping center not far. Afterwards, we stopped at this BEALLS OUTLET and I found a long black dress, plain, nothing fancy at all, marked 80% off, ended up costing me $2.69! I also bought myself some new socks for walking, which may of been a mistake. Bought some really thing low-cut ones. Put a pair on today when I went for my walk and I could feel some pain and thought because they were so thin, the top of my sneaker was rubbing too hard. I get home, there's blood on the sock, blood on my sneaker, blood on my ankle bracelet and I'm bleeding on my upper heel. I'm not sure if it's from rubbing from the shoe, or somehow, my ankle bracelet did it-never had trouble before. Oh well, tomorrow, I'll pad that baby up and be out the door once again (weather permitting).

The other day I mentioned this to NANCE when we spoke and I guess I hadn't REALLY thought about it as much as I should of. I was REALLY hungry and trying to find something worthwhile to eat, to fill me up. I ate a couple tablespoons of peanut butter, it didn't help much and I continued on. What point I made to NANCE that I realized was this-here I am eating PB, which has 8 grams of fat for just 1tbl (at least that's my brand), and I easily ate 2tbl, giving me 16 grams of fat and calories to go along with it, and when you stop and just THINK about it, I could of EASILY eaten something much more filling, much less fat! I could of eaten so much more FOOD than 2 tbls. of pb and still had less fat. Like 3oz of chicken breast at 3.5 grams of fat-just think about how that could fill you up, even doubling that amount, and STILL you'd be 9 grams of fat less than 2 little tablespoons of PB! Of course, pb is delicious and nutricious and I'll continue having some from time to time, but I think when I'm truly hungry and need to fill myself up, it's not the way to go, at least, not for me.

Luckily, I was able to find myself totally back OP yesterday as I intended to after allowing myself to indulge on Tuesday night-a first for me-happy with my willpower, I must say

CHRIS, OLE OLE is a Mexican Rest. that's about an hour drive from my house. ELI's car and my car on auto-pilot on his days off and we go there. I've been going there for about 12 years now. The food is delicious, best salsa anywhere and I just LOVE their Cobb salad. I know, it's not Mexican, but either is the tuna dip that's wonderful (though I don't bother eating that stuff now). Anyone who comes to visit/meet me, usually we end up there for lunch. Last time MEL went with me there. Glad, and quite frankly, VERY JEALOUS & ENVIOUS that you found a TJ's in close proximity! Okay, when you go, just make sure you don't go with the kids or with anyone who doesn't want to give you time to look at each and every item! What do I like there-well, there's lots of stuff. Their Trader Giotti's Extra Virgin Olive Oil is wonderful-and cheap! I'll just list: ww pita/Cabot's 75% reduced fat cheddar, FF jalepeno cheese, 50% less fat edam cheese, the low fat Celtic cheddar, cracked wheat sourdough bread, TJ's tomato splash, all their nuts, some of their dried fruit (ones not sugar sweetened), look at their mayo, oh heck, just look at everything BUT the chocolate! I don't ever recommend anyone that's new to the plan to start even thinking about that stuff, but they absolutely have the best prices there on some of the best SB LEGAL CHOCOLATE. Last time MEL came she bought me a pound-plus of dark Belgium chocolate, this HUGE bar and it was like $2.99!!!! Oh please, think of me when you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As for the recipes, you can always do a search within the SB BOARDS for any specific recipe and if there's something that fits the bill, it will give you the board link to which board has it.

TRANQUIL, we'll have you losing again-I'm sure of it now that you have a food scale and are going to keep track, you'll see!

TV, it HAS been a long time-too long! But what a nice comeback, to see all those pictures and FINALLY be able to put a name and a face together What type of dog do you have-adorable! We love DOLLYWOOD, I personally like it better than DW. We wanted to take the kids their in April but they were opening up the weekend we had to leave. Did you go on the sidewinder? Any new rides this year?

BETH, first off, let me say, even though I've seen pictures of you before, this picture of you, well, you are just stunning! You are a gorgeous woman, my goodness, you could be a model! Your DH is right, your face has shrunk!!! Okay, don't let it go to your head kiddo! Another congrats to DS-what a cute bunch of kids! Sounds like you had a nice shopping spree, not to mention some me-time!

TONI, congrats on your loss this week, 2lbs is great! Keep up the great work! Were you able to find the quiche recipe, or do you need me to send it to you? There's a slew of great, and I may mention easy, recipes on the boards to broaden your selection. If you have a hankering for something in particular, let me and the board know, we just MAY have a recipe to fit the bill.

JENN, I usually do the best 2 out of 3, or 4 out of 5, etc. when I weigh in-I could hop off and on that metal monster all day long if I'm not too careful-could drive one batty. Lately I've been avoiding it and trying to keep off it until my days I said I'd weigh in, like this Monday. That sucks what they did with closing the kitchen at work-I'd of put up a real stink. You'd think they could of easily let you in there to at least get your food. I'd tell them that next time you'd appreciate a little more notice, it's only proper. Sorry to hear about the slip-up with the doughnut, try not to let things like that get to you in such a manner, you sure didn't hurt the company by doing that, only yourself, but I'm sure not too badly. Today is another day, my dear! E-mail me with your weight AND height when you get a chance [email protected]

MUSIC, I'm sure there's probably more to that weight gain than eating, could be water, hormonal, a full moon? But it's good that you recognize that it's up and you can deal with it before it gets out of hand. Reading the update about your Mom, anything they can do to make her comfortable and live her life to the best of her ability is a comfort. If she can get the chemo without all the side effects that's a great big plus!

NANCE, you go girl! Did we get in more walking today? Did you check out the recipe for the zuchinni loaf cake I have listed. I've made it many times and so has BIGK, maybe others as well and it's wonderful AND uses agave! Picking raspberries-remember...I ate more than we got in that pint container-you're all lucky I didn't have the runs on the way back to your house-my goodness, I've never eaten that many in such a short time. I loved that day with you all!!!!

FRUIT, glad to read all went well with the surgery. I can only imagine how hard it is for YOU not to be able to talk. How long is this suppose to go on for? Wonder if there is any recourse from what the old Dr. did 12 years ago-may want to ask an attorney, esp. if this is something that was said to be done and wasn't.

GATOR, thanks for the grout tip, I may just do that! Could you be stuck from not eating enough? How long have you been stuck? Maybe your body is just having to adjust itself. Just think of all the good you do by eating so healthy, so the weight doesn't come off on the scale, there's so many other good things about this WOE. What else would you do if you didn't continue eating like this?

MONET, can't wait til things are over and done with so you can sit back and relax and see what a wonderful job you've done on the upcoming wedding. I can't wait to see pics, so you better take some!!! Enjoy, enjoy!!!!!

DARAMUS, CONGRATS, the pounds seem to be peeling off of you slowly, but surely. All the effort you are putting forth is REALLY paying off!

JACKK, CONGRATS! OMG, 4lb loss, that's awesome!!! You must be doing a real happy dance, I sure am for you Not only did you have an awesome loss, but hitting a new milestone, 70lbs WOW! Just think, 5 more pound will be 75, another big milestone!!!! You are so right, anyone CAN do this, and you are surely proof of that!!! WTG!!!

HAPPY, thanks for letting us know about your visit with MELF, wish I could of been able to meet her as well. Hoping things will ease up for you soon so you can get back into the swing of things.

MAMA, good for you for doing so well thus far, it will get easier each and every day. Hmm, something yellow that wasn't pineapple? Maybe yellow apple? Pear? I'm sure it was fine. Good that you are enjoying these new gastronomical experiences There is absolutely NO need to take any type of pills like that. I have not bothered with that and you don't need them to be successful with this WOE, I opt NOT to take them, IMHO!

ADRON, as long as you are eating enough then your stall may be your body readjusting, or as you said, muscle gain. BUT, if you are not eating enough, this could be the culprit and one that happens to many people, but something easily fixable.

SEF, glad to hear you are getting some new peeper keepers! ELI'S eyes changed a lot from his last visit as well, as did Michaels on his last visit. I guess you really need to keep close tabs on your eyes when you wear glasses. LOL! I guess maybe I should have mine checked too. Okay, that will be after going to the Dr., the Gyno, the Dentist-yeah, right, who am I fooling??? Glad it didn't cost you an arm and leg to get them, $10 is wonderful! I haven't tried making pitas either, would like to, but then I think about how cheap they are at the store, and why bother??

GRACIOUS, glad to see that nasty pound gone! Okay, spill the beans on that WW pasta recipe! I'd love to know what it is! I know, a serving of pasta isn't a lot, but being that it's WW and has other stuff, it probably would be filling. I'm not a big pasta lover but when I do eat it, it does fill me up quickly.

MEL, gotcha on the bread. I think a good whole grain, heavy bread is good, but one with empty calories and no fiber is a waste. I can understand it being a trigger food for you, as chocolate is for me. I had a ww english muffin today, my first in a longgg time-wonder if the scale will go up. Sometimes I wonder if I had an intolerance to wheat-will see what happens, if anything!

COUNTRY, I don't think before I'd agree with you in regards to the scale and numbers, but now, with being at goal, I would, because now, the numbers aren't really going much of anywhere and I have to keep up this WOL and WOE and find ways to still enjoy the benefits of SB without the scale. Of course, I do still have that love/hate relationship with the scale.

BIGK, glad to hear you're back on track! I'm so excited you finally get the chance to meet QUILTER. Would you give her a big hug and kiss for me-maybe a good swift kick in that old arse of hers to get her back and posting on the board?!? Def. take pictures! I'm sure you'll love meeting her-hope you get to meet Paul as well!!! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time-and def., you have to give a full report on Jungle Jims!!!

Well gals, I have to go eat something for lunch, may make some chicken if it's thawed, otherwise I'll be scavenger hunting through the cabinets. Going to try and get some recipes posted today if time permits, considering it's THURSDAY RECIPE DAY and I've been lax on posting them, I think the board is due to have a few new recipes. If you have any SB LEGAL RECIPES you'd like to share with the board, please try to post them when you can.

Can't believe I started this post over 2 hours ago-where does the time go??

Tonight is Lauren's awards ceremony, so not sure if I'll be back on to post later or not, if not, tomorrow for sure!!

Have a wonderful day!!!

Debbie
194/124(from WIW)/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01

Old 06-06-2002, 12:44 PM   #103  

Wow Beth - great picture - you are definitely gorgeous! You must be just feeling so good!!!!!!

Red1 - Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Jack-K - It is boring here even though there is lots of work. Hope your weather clears up so you can get out and walk...I plan to get out tonight and have a really good walk - but with feet in different tennis shoes and bandaids!

Country - I gave someone all my triscuits I had stocked up on - and I quit eating bread! I am doing fine - just had to start looking for new snack food.....

BKM - Great to see you on the board - and congrats to doing well health and weight wise!!!!

Deb - and I thought my blister was bad :O Yours was much worse!!! Ahhhh!!!!

Toni - Oh dear be careful on that treadmill - I can just see you going splat when the electricity goes off! Ouch to that too..... By the way how far do you live from St. Louis? Are you in a different part of the State?

Well I have to run now! Take care everyone!!! Sabrina
Old 06-06-2002, 02:03 PM   #104  
Undercover Diva

Wink ::::Blushing::::

Thanks for the compliments everyone

I have never considered myself more than just 'plain' looking... I did win a beauty contest in high school though.. lol. (wow... 10 years and 50 pounds ago... what a way to judge time!! LOLOL!!)
DH says I'm the strangest combination of looks he's seen before... I'm mostly Irish and have the 'black irish' looks with dark hair and green eyes... and I also have the complexion of the Italian side of the family... so I have rather fair olive skin with FRECKLES!!! LOL!! It's odd for sure. My eyes are rings of 4 colors... my eye doctor actually took a picture of them because they were so weird. I'm tellin y'all... I'm a strange character

Hey thanks for the vote of 'normal looking'!!!

I NEED TO GET MOTIVATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have *NOT* been drinking water, I have *NOT* been eating my veggies, I have *NOT* been staying away from high-fat/fried crapola!!!!!!! BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD GIRL!!!!!!!!! I need a Visit to the DETOX DUNGEON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone quick, cuff me 'n throw me in! Before I un-do the 30+ pounds of good I've done!!!

Nance - I'm waiting until July to weigh again... just to drive you BATTY j/k!!! (waiting for doorbell to ring, with Nance standing there with her scale screaming 'dammit, get on it right NOW!' LOLOLOL)

I love you gals (and you too Daramus!!) You sure know how to encourage a chick!

*I* am going to drink 20 ounces of water RIGHT NOW, and I'm not allowed to get online anymore until I've had 50 ounces. That outta cure me!!!!
Old 06-06-2002, 02:41 PM   #105  
Science teacher,mom,wife

Default Hopeful!

Hello everyone,
Testing. Testing. I have tried to log on for three days and no luck.
I have walked through what the site says to do if I am having trouble...but no luck. If this does not work...I'll e-mail some of you directly to get help.
Good Day!
Gumbo
Closed Thread