Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Typically, what sweetener do you tend to use most?
Equal 4 10.81%
Splenda 16 43.24%
Sweet N\' Low 6 16.22%
Stevia 3 8.11%
Agave Syrup 6 16.22%
Trutina Dulcem/Whey Low/Ki-Sweet 0 0%
Sugar 0 0%
Other 1 2.70%
None 1 2.70%
Whatever is handy, no preference/usage of any particular brand. 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 01:26 PM   #76  

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to drop in a report that I am down 1 pound this week. I am really getting into my weight/cardio fitness program and have been searching the web in an attempt to educate myself. I did manage to find a very informative site that is primarily geared toward women and weight training. It has a lot of general info and lots of tips if you are new to the gym scene or just a newbie to weight training. Her diet recomendations are basically SB in so many words, so that's good for many people here. Anyway, I highly recommend taking a look if you are interested in incorporating weight training at some point in time(even home with dumbells) to take a look. Bye for now!

http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html
Old 06-05-2002, 01:38 PM   #77  

Hi All...
I just got through a very tempting experience!!!

My three year old had a pre-schoo picnic....I figured there would be veggie trays.
There were all sorts of wonderful looking pasta salads and beautiful fruit trays.....NO veggies.

I grabbed a hot dog and ate it without the bun.

I passed on everything else....I will tell you this was hard...the only thing that kept me from eating all that stuff was the fact that I can finally tuck my shirt in.

Thanks for listening....No one else would understand.

Chris
Old 06-05-2002, 01:59 PM   #78  

Default Heartmom!!!

My Dear Heartmom- Don't be so silly. How on earth could answering questions about your wee boy offend anyone? That is what we are here for..to encourage, to listen and to support...not only for SB but for anything that comes up! Thank you for sharing that and I will certainly be praying for him..the 21st is coming quickly.
Old 06-05-2002, 02:06 PM   #79  

OK, I now have a digital camera so I'm gonna make an attempt to post a pic for the first time!!

If it works, it will be me and my youngest son (4 1/2 years old):
Old 06-05-2002, 02:09 PM   #80  
Little Engine That Could

HSMama--Flylady looks interesting. I’ve always tried to dejunk my house and my DH gripes about my throwing his stuff away before he gets to read it. LOL

BOB--the computer virus stuff was too funny!!! LOL

We are leaving for 2 weeks in the mts. of NC. Blowing Rock area. I am almost counting the hours. Have been a little depressed lately because I have been Sooooo good with everything and still not losing. I’m up to walking 4 miles a day several times a week and 3 miles the others. Drinking 100 oz. H2O daily and still stuck. I’m almost feeling like “What the heck, why am I doing this, might as well forget it.” I’m really discouraged.

Gonna go hit some golf balls this PM. My wrist has been bothering me for the last month, so have not done much physical with my hands as I’m trying to get rid of this before vacation.

BTW, Tranquil, I also have a PT where I work out. It definitely makes a difference for me because I don’t think I’d go if I did not have that appt.
Old 06-05-2002, 02:10 PM   #81  

WOW - IT WORKED!!

You'll have to excuse that bad makeup job. I was still on pain meds from my surgery in March!!!!

Here is our new puppy. We've had her for 4 weeks now.

The boys named her Precious.
Old 06-05-2002, 02:22 PM   #82  

Default one more

This one is for you Beth!! We seem to be spending our fair share of time on the ballfields these days.

My oldest is playing for ABS 9&10 yr olds in Limestone County (my DH is the head coach). We won the pre-season tournament and then fell apart for awhile. We have one more regular season game this week and then we start a double-elimination tournament on Monday. Right now we are 8 wins, 6 losses - but there is only 1 game that we weren't competitive in (shoulda, coulda, woulda won the rest but they made silly mistakes....).

It wouldn't be so bad next week but we also are over 1/2 of the Limestone co. league T-ball tournament as well. When my team isn't playing, I have to be at the T-ball tournament being an "official scorekeeper". It will be a wild week next week!! I love watching the little ones play.

Anyway, here is the pic of our team after the win in the pre-season tournament. DH is second from the left in back and DS is sitting behind/left of the trophy.
Old 06-05-2002, 04:00 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Finally Hello!

I have been trying to get this posted since 8:00. It has been wild here today.

WIW was great for me. Down 4 #'s. HAPPY DANCE!!. That makes a total of 70 pounds since Oct. I am happy with myself.
I made that committment last WIW that I was going to be 100% legal and OP. I did it and it paid off. Anyone can do it.

Bob, Loved your joke.

Tasia, Welcome. Hope you can find your way back. This is a great site. Lots of friends and support here. You are doing great. Keep up the great work.

Mel, Guess you need to look on the bright side, could have been worse, but it still bites. Don't resort to bad eating though. Hang in there.

Nance, the tape was m idea. But I'm glad Deb called you and got you back on track. This is hard enough w/o taking it off twice. Keep repeating POISON!!!

HSMama, Glad you are back on the wagon. Don't fall off again. See how much better you feel.

Serene, Yes my 2 DD live at home. The 22 yr old is getting married in May and the other goes back to college in Aug. Good luck with your new life discovery and with SB> Do you have a lot to lose?

Gracious, Yoiu have developed a great attitude regarding your last 10 lbs. If you are comfortable with you, go with it. That last 10 will come before you know it. Just don't sabatoge yourself by eating to far OP and increasing that 10. WTG on your house, sounds like it is really coming along. Hoping for good weather for you.

HSMama, WTG on your 3+ pounds. That is great. It is great motivationto keep you going. Keep up the good work.

Country, Hope you are not discouraged about the fluxating scale. Make a committment for 1 week to stay legal and I bet you see a drastric drop. Good luck.

Deb, Sounds like you did great at your dinner. Even though you ate the dessert, You are right, you do deserve to endulge now & then. Who wants to go through life thinking they will never get to have anything sweet, etc. again. The key is getting right back op and exercising. You have done so great and you set such a great example of how this WOE does work forever. Congrats.

ChrisB, Sounds like your are doing good. Hang in there, It's gets easier.

Tranquil, Yes next week you will have a good loss. I made a committment to stay 100% Op and had a 4# loss. You can do it.

TV, Welcoem back, Always good to hear people know where to return. Good luck.

Beth, Congrats to your son. You have the right to brag. What a better place to do it than here. Hope to get to check out the pics. Have fun shopping.

Toni, Congrats on the 2 lbs. Keep on walking.

Jenn, I always get back on the scale at least 5 times. I use the one that comes up the most. LOL. Cheerios in the yellow box are legal.

Music, Sorry about the sad news about your mom. At least she is upbeat. That is 90% of it. Keep up some good spirits. Jump on that wagon, it's coming around and that 5 lbs will be gone soon. Good luck.

Nance, Here I am, It's been c r a z y here. I can't believe they expect me to work. I'd rather be on the board.

Tranquil, Got a laugh out of yur trainer description. Good thing he's not too good lokking you wouldn't be able to concentrate.

Fruit, Glad to hear yu are doing well. What a bummer about your old surgery. Quacks! Hurry back on.

Gater, Hi

Heartmom, You just keep believing in that miracle. Prayers and {{{HUGS}}}

Monet, I almost cried when I read the part about your daughter packing to leave. I didn't think about that part. I'll never get mine out. Her room looks like a bomb went off 24/7. Try to enjoy this week.

Hope I didn't miss anyone. Trying to hurry and get this posted so I can get some work done. Hope the scale was good to others, If not, come on make that committment. One week 100% OP you will be delighted with the results.

Jackie
257/187 /145
10-10-01
Old 06-05-2002, 06:09 PM   #84  

Hi Everyone!
Just a quick hello to all. Incredibly busy week - getting ready for vacation on Sat (Gatlinburg). DH out of town all week so I'm trying to get laundry done, house cleaned, bills paid and suticases packed and as of now haven't accomplished much of anything! I met Melf on Monday at her beach condo. She, her husband Thurmond, her sister and brother in law were such nice people! She made us (my son and myself) a delicious cajun meal of chicken stuffed with rice/crawfish and one with rice/eggplant, fresh zuccini and squash from her garden, and salad - Everything was absolutely delicious!!!! After dinner we went down on the beach and talked while my son got his clothes all wet. Thurmond and Roy let my son stay down on the beach with them while they fished and they even let him use a little fishing pole - (which he screwed up!). They were all like old friends! My son (he's 6) has been talking about it ever since. Thank you again Melf for your hospitality - mug, CD etc!! I wish I hadn't been so scattered this week and planned my time better so I could have had you guys over and done something special for you! Well I guess there's always next time.
Well I've got to run - to much to do! Take care all, I'll check in soon!
Old 06-05-2002, 10:09 PM   #85  

Talking

I'm back even though I posted this morning. I've been OP all day. This WOE is getting easier and easier each day. I actually found myself looking forward to having my fruit snack. That's a first for me. I loved what I ate, but, unforunately, I bought it precut at the grocery store and don't know what it was. There were orange pieces and yellow pieces. :shurg: The grapes were delicious. I did recognize the pineapple and left it alone.

I have a question. My husband wants me to take something called FatBurner with him. It has L-Carnitine and Picolium (sp?). Has anyone heard about this? Is it good? Bad? Will it mess up my WOE? All help will be appreciated.

I haven't walked today because my right foot is swollen. Don't know why. So, I've extended the kids' bedtime and we're going swimming. Since I won't have the pool after I move, I might as well use it now.
Old 06-05-2002, 10:33 PM   #86  
Football Fanatic

Just thought I'd say hi to everyone! I've been pretty good about being OP, but my 2 day trip to St. Louis kinda threw me off. Not too bad, but enough to make me feel awful! I went to a new deli by my house today for lunch. The shop owner claimed that her bread was SGWW, no sugar, etc. - sounded legal, but obviously it wasn't as I now have a serious case of the burps

I have apparently hit a plateau - I'm at 238/9 and holding. Have been here for 3 weeks, no gain, no loss. I did lose an inch in my waist, so I figure I may have reached a point where my weight loss has slowed down, and my muscle building has increased to offset each other. Ah well - My shorts are getting looser, as is my brand new wedding band I love this WOE!!!!!!

I miss all of you - I am going to try to do better about getting in here, now that school is out, I have Madeline's room painted, and my Brownie troop is recovering from their trip I'm so busy now that I stay at home, and I barely have time to get onlin. How on earth does that make sense?

Hugs to everyone!
Old 06-05-2002, 11:23 PM   #87  

Default Good Night

Well I went for a walk tonight....wore a blister on my foot....so I have really gotten a lot of exercise today

Jack-K - 4 POUNDS!!!! WOW!!!! You are doing great!!!

Adron - Loose clothes is just as great as losing weight! Keep up the good work, and I hope you are over the serious case of burps

Homeschool - Congrats on staying OP and have fun at the pool!

Slap - I am so envious of your cajun dinner with Melf and family. It sounds like you had a wonderful time! You can join Sef and I with our Melf Fan Club

Well I have to go tuck myself in - I heard from my ds today and he already has a little following at the Church his gramma belongs to - all the little girls are in love with him....one told him she had a crush on him, and another said that he was her b/f! How am I ever to get him home? And, the good news too is that his gramma has kept him off the sugar as she is diabetic - so he has been eating lots of sf foods!

Sabrina
Old 06-06-2002, 12:23 AM   #88  
sef

HiedieHo All!!!

Will try to [lay catch-up. I hasd a busy day. Went to eye doctor. Glasses have been bothering me, headaches etc the last couple of months. DR. said big chabge in eyes. Will have new glasses in two weeks. Best pasrt exam and glasses only cost 10.00, God bless Tenet 65, then went tp Wal*Mart and Sam's. Was tired by time everything was done and fell asleep in chair. Didn't have to cook tonite. DIL's brother and family stopped in and they sent out for pizza.....no I didn't!!

TRANQUIL: Son doing fine. A little antsy cause he can't do things he would like! Sometimes that is the hardest thng about recovery, the inactivity. Or at least less mobility than you're used to. Aren't insurance companies the pits. Yet in the long run, we can't do without them.

TONI: Thanx. My DS is very stoic with a dry sense of humor. But anything the slightest bit medical and he actuallu oales. Can't bear to look at anything that might have blood. He has an appointment tomorrow for foloow-up. I imagine drain and some stitches will come out. They'll have to knock him out or maybe he'll just pass out! LOL! At least with it being back of neck he won't have to even think of looking at it!

YELLOW: I am envious! All we have here is a Hobby Lobby, which is mostly home decorating accessories, rather that craft supplies. Over in Mandeville there is a Mucheal's but it is a small one. The best craft supplier I've been to is A.C. Moore in NJ. They had so much stuff and the largest needlework section I've ever seen. In League City there is a shop called the Stitchery and I always stopped in when I visited my friend.

BOB: Loved the virus article, you can be sure it's going out to my friends. But that is one I won't copy for NH, they wouldn't understand. Many jokes I take with to the NH, it's a good ice breaker and the residents really enjoy them. They even like the naughty ones! Not raunchy but naughty. So if anyone has a cute joke or something about the good old days, I'm always looking for new material. You can e-mail me at [email protected]. Gee BOB you gave me a chance to do a commercial!

TASIA: Welcome! We are all not computer whizzes. I'm all discovering new things. This Board is an incentive for more than weight!

MELIRIS: Sounds like the stress of no air and a big bill got to you. But grab hold of all the hands that are reaching out to pull back to eating sanity!

NANCE: When the lump gets annoying enough your Mom will have it taken care of. I guess we each have our own outlook about things.

SERENE: Don't worry about words. No one here is stupid. We may be foolish at times but no one laughs at us, they laugh with us!

GRACIOUS: Like your play on words about geting firm!

DEB: Have nevr tried making the pitas (I have the recipe) but have made the bagels and they were fine.

TV: Nice to see you on board again! You're so pretty and son a cutie!

BETH: That's what Mothers do, BRAG! Hope you enjoyed your day!

JENN: Good thing you have Dan! You might have done some real damage to yourself!

MUSIC: Hope the treatments help you Mom. Prayers.

FRUIT: Glad surgery went well. Isn'r demerol wonderful! Too bad you had to have extra stuff done to fix what was supposed to have been done years ago. Hope your recovery goes swiftly,

HEART: There's no ofense about stating facts. I leanr do much from this board and you are teaching me more. Prayers.

MONET: Weddings and funerals bring out the best and worst in families. Can't really invite one not the other, but probably sure would like to.
I have to check out that FlyLady thing. After the wedding you will need some well earned rest.

CHRIS: Great will power!

Take care all, sef
Old 06-06-2002, 08:03 AM   #89  

Default Thursday

Good Morning! Weigh in this morning was good for me because I lost one of those nasty pounds. The scale looked like it said 164.5 so that would be 1.5 pounds but I don’t want to get overzealous so I will count it as 1 pound lost and 165. The amazing thing is I made this WW pasta casserole creation last night and the whole family loved it!! They have scoffed at my WW pasta before but they raved about this recipe. Who on earth can actually eat JUST ½ cup of pasta?! I mean, that is basically 3 mouthfuls and it is gone. I ate 3 servings of the pasta last night and still lost that pound. Saying I can eat only ½ cup is like a cruel torture..no wonder why I rarely make the stuff!!

It rained on and off yesterday and the guy working on our house with the bad knee was only here for an hour. The rainy type weather makes his knee really ache a lot so he left instructions for my hubby. Hubby got most of it done so I hope we can keep going today. This morning it is raining again but it is supposed to clear up soon. My daughter has a picnic with her school at the park so I hope it stops raining for them. The weather forecast, which you can never count on, has changed again and calls for nice weather on Friday and Saturday..I hope they are right for a change!

The FLYLady sight has continued to do wonders for me. I flew through my son’s room yesterday and with his help we got a good portion of it under control. Under the bed and dresser are actually clean!! We had many amazing finds there but they were all put back in their proper place. Today I will tackle his dresser and do the switch..winter clothes put away and summer clothes brought out. He will tidy his book shelves and top of his dresser while I am doing the clothes. Amidst all of this, FLYLady has taught me how to keep up on the other things too. My kitchen looks nearly perfect!! And so do my washrooms and living room. What a difference to get rid of clutter and to keep things shining. For those thinking about looking at www.flylady.net I think you should do it! Once I get things in order, I am going to make myself a Control Journal like she suggests so my week will be completely scheduled. Other Anal Retentives like me will love this stuff!

SEF- Whenever I read your posts I can never figure out what NH stands for. Please enlighten me. You are the one that works as a part time secretary at a church, are you not? Fill me in please! I think I have most of the people on here sorted out now, I am just missing a few details.

DARAMUS- I checked out that site you posted. That woman is quite the..erm…tough nut! I do think she had some excellent exercise advice although her mannerisms could use a feminine touch! Thanks for posting it.

CHRIS- Yes we do understand that scenario! Fruit and veggie trays would be a standard at a picnic I would think…maybe everyone thought that someone else would bring those! Good job on resisting!

TvthatsME-Glad to see you have put your new toy to work for you! I like seeing pics of the people on the board. Thanks for posting them.

JACK-K- You ROCK!! 70 pounds is absolutely awesome!! Congratulations…you deserve to treat yourself to something wonderful..like some clothes or a manicure..something!

TONI- Congrats on your 2 pound loss….how great that you have a new motivation going, a second wind as it were. Sometimes that is just what we need to get the extra push!

JENN- How did you do? Did the rest of the day go fine after you recovered from that donut incident? Sometimes when we mess up a little, if we could just leave it at that then we don’t damage ourselves too much. That is better than throwing caution to the wind and making the whole day a write off! Just keep thinking about your wedding!

MUSICTEACH- Been missing you and thinking of you and your Mom. Thanks for the update, I really hope the chemo helps her. I am glad she is in good spirits though, that is very helpful and encouraging.

FRUIT- Wow they really put you through the meat grinder as it were…I bet that is how you feel! Hopefully with your good SB eating you will bounce back and heal quickly. I sympathize about the talking..you would have to cut my tongue out to get me to stop!

Okay, I gotta get FLYing! Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 06-06-2002, 09:21 AM   #90  

Default Tomorrow's TGIF!! hahaha

Well I have lost 1/2 a pound since yesterday I am very excited about it because the hope is that the plateau is now budging down and I can start with that 1/2 pound loss each and every other day or every day - My new goal being another 5 pounds before the 15th! I know I can do it!!!

Sef - Glad to hear your son is healing and will have that yuchy drainage tube removed!!

Gracious - 1/2 a cup of pasta is cruel!!! I am right there with you on that one!!! Congrats to your loss!

This morning I am going to have cottage cheese for breakfast - an apricot for a snack - and I packed a serving of meatloaf (sb legal) and salad makings for lunch - tonight's dinner is squash and roast beef....and a long walk to work out the soreness in my legs I am suffering from yesterday's work out with the trainer....I thought because my arms were not painful that I was doing good, joke was on me - this time it is my legs!

Sabrina
Closed Thread