Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What is your favorite type of nut to eat?
Peanuts (not really a nut, but thought as one) 4 10.81%
Pecans 4 10.81%
Walnuts 5 13.51%
Pistachios 2 5.41%
Hazelnuts/Filberts 0 0%
Almonds 6 16.22%
Macadamia 1 2.70%
Brazil Nuts 0 0%
Pine Nuts 1 2.70%
Cashews 14 37.84%
Other 0 0%
I don\\\\\\\'t eat any nuts 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2002, 08:59 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 6/24-6/30

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please visit our NEW 2002 BIO BOARD where you can learn more about everyone who is on this board:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=3773

Please make sure you post your BIO on the LATEST VERSION of our BIO BOARD everyone!!!!

Our APRIL/MAY/JUNE 2002-SECOND QUARTER RECIPE BOARD can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=14779

We have NINE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!!

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2342

THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2344

THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2365

MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2359

and our newest board MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=5005

Want to post your weigh in results, we have a MONTHLY WEIGH IN BOARD at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=16593

We also now have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=17463

DO YOU HAVE A MONTHLY GOAL? Post your End of Month Goal on our new GOAL BOARD at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=16592

VISIT OUR NEW SUGAR BUSTERS 2001/2002 PICTURE GALLERY at the link below. You can upload pictures or post links to pictures on this board

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=7954

Visit our monthly FOOD FOR THOUGHT BOARD were you can post a daily menu and see other board members menus!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=14780

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 06-24-2002, 09:03 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, you get 3 of them today:

EXCELLENCE

Quantity is a poor substitute for quality. One small bit of excellence will outshine a whole room full of mediocrity. Doing one thing very well is a much more successful strategy than doing a lot of things poorly. Efforts which are focused and effective will achieve results, while efforts which are scattered and half-hearted are mainly wasted.

Some see success as a numbers game, and believe that it comes from knocking on enough doors, talking to enough people, and making enough calls. While it's true that you must knock on a lot of doors, you also must be able to deliver excellence when one of those doors is opened. Though achievement certainly demands a sufficient quantity of effort, there must also be quality and competence in that effort. The numbers matter, and yet so do such things as ideas, integrity, sincerity, knowledge and commitment.

Short-cutting quality to increase quantity, whether in business, relationships or personal development, at best brings gains that are only temporary. Lasting achievement, whatever the endeavor, comes from a commitment to excellence every step of the way.

-- Ralph Marston

"I WILL"

"I hope" is very positive, and yet "I will" is even more so. "I might" gets you facing in the right direction, while "I will" takes you all the way there. "I'd like to" helps you set your goals, and "I will" makes them happen. "I should" is good at nagging, yet "I will" is the master of achievement.

The words you use influence the thoughts you think and the actions you take. And the words "I will" are two of the best you'll find when it comes to expressing, sealing and maintaining you commitment. Though words alone will not make it happen, the most positive, confident words will indeed make a difference in what does happen. A constant attitude of "I will" will always outperform an attitude of "I wish."

"I will" is clear and unambiguous. It puts the power of solid intention to work for you. At any given moment, you're filled with energy that can make things happen, energy in search of a purpose. Saying "I will," with sincerity and confidence, directs that energy precisely where you want it to go.

-- Ralph Marston

LOOK FORWARD

Your past mistakes are quite capable of inflicting their own punishment. There is no need for you to help them. It is natural to feel guilt and remorse for things in the past which were wrong. Once you've learned from your mistakes, however, the sense of guilt serves no purpose. If you were to bury yourself in guilt and shame for the rest of your life it would not undo what has already been done.

Learn from the past and then move on. Avoid making the same mistakes again. Rather than beating yourself up with guilt, use that energy to take positive steps. Feeling guilty or sorry for yourself will simply make you sorry. Is there any use in that?

Take a breath of fresh air. The past is behind you. Focus on what you can do, not on what you could have or should have done. Your power is in the present, and it will influence the future. Take wisdom from the past and then look forward. There's where all your opportunities are.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/12?/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 06-24-2002, 09:26 AM   #3  
Child of God

HI!!! Just a quicky

My computer has been freezing on me. Last week, I tried several times to post and my stupid thing froze........
Had a great weekend, weight is still good, and feeling great! In the three other long post I made, I addressed everyone....this time I will not for fear of freezing.

Hope everyone is well!!! Kim....Agave is at JJ! glad you had a good w/e w/ family! TTYL

Better go
Old 06-24-2002, 09:53 AM   #4  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Howdy Everyone.....feel like I have been gone forever, but just had a busy weekend. I though things were supposed to slow down when the kids got out of school? WRONG!

For all concerned parties....My friend and I made up on Friday. I had to approach her and ask her if she wanted to "talk", and with any upset there was some mis-communication, but I told her I couldn't believe she elected not to speak to me! Anyways, all is well, and that's what matters!

I just tried reading over everyone's posts quickly and everyone seems to be doing okay except BOB. Hope you get feeling better soon...this has been a doozie!

TranquilOf course you'll be posting that quiche recipe, right?

Hate to say it, but I have to get off line....have to drop off the kids at two different locations before going to work! UGH!

Thinking about all of you, and maybe tonight I can get in a "normal" post! Hugs and kisses....Nancy
Old 06-24-2002, 10:11 AM   #5  
Wannabe skinny babe

Default Thunder and lightning!

Good Morning!

Another hectic week for me, so I’ll try to check in briefly.

Had a bad, bad, bad weekend. Late Sunday night, I got a glance of myself sans clothing in the mirror, and just went to bed and cried.

Feeling very dejected, like I don’t even want to try anymore. I feel like nothing I do will matter, so I might just as well not bother.

Sorry, don’t want to bring everyone down. Hope you all have a better day!

Debelli, where do you get those fantastic Ralph Marston quotes? I’d love to get Dan a book of them!

Nance, glad to hear you guys made up!

KimmyTK, what's JJ? I can't find Agave anywhere here.

Thanks,

Jenn
Old 06-24-2002, 10:12 AM   #6  
Wannabe skinny babe

Default About the poll

Would sunflower seeds be considered nuts?
Old 06-24-2002, 10:13 AM   #7  

Morning everybody!

I too feel like I've been gone forever. Things have been so busy, but I have been reading, just haven't had time to post.

We got Jordan off to Norfolk last week-end. We finally heard from him yesterday. He's having a wonderful time, working hard and looking "buff". We all miss him terribly (even little brother) and I know this is a foreshadowing of things to come when he leaves for good next year.

Eating has been pretty good. I'm down another 2 pounds (that makes 35 total, yippee!). We started working with weights this week-end. I think that helps. Those of you that do both cardio and weight training, how many times a week do you do each one?

Joe and I did the coolest thing on Saturday night. We went with another couple to a park about 30 miles outside of town and did a moonlight raft trip down the Colorado River. It was a 7 1/2 mile trip and it was so much fun. It was a beautiful evening. My arms were a little sore yesterday morning from paddling, but what a fun way to get a little exercise in.

Gotta run now. Hope everyone is doing well this morning.

Talk to you soon.

Trish
Old 06-24-2002, 10:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday Everyone!

Boy I really missed you guys over the weekend. I need to get my puter fixed at home. I can't wait to get to work to read all the posts. Luckily you all weren't too wordy this weekend and I didn't have too much catching up to do.

Didn't do too much this weekend, pool one day, bridal show on Sunday, then back to the pool. Eating was fine, but had a lot of wine.

Hopefully this week won't be as bad as last week and I'll get to post more.

Fruit, You can get a shot if you haven't had chicken pox. Yu should really do it being a teacher. The older you are, the harder they are on you. Look into it. I got it for my DD.

Bob, pleae post your squash recipe. I can't believe I'm eating squash.

Tranquil, DId you put something (arsnic) sp) in your ExH dinner? Just kidding that was really sweet of you.

Kimmy, Hi, Have a great week.

Nance, That was very big of you taking the first step with your friend. Good for you.

Jenn, Take that dejection and turn it into a positive. Start today. Make a promise to yourself to stay 100% totally OP this week. You will see the biggest change. Prepare and plan ahead for anything that comes your way. If you go somewhere bad, don't just eat anything, say what is OP for me and only eat that. Just one week. I know you can do it. I'll do it with you.

Trish, WTG 35 pounds. Great job. I work with wts 3x a week every other day (upper body) and do lower body the other 3 days. I rest 1 day, but walk 7 days. Yur moonlight raft trip sounds romantic, but I would have been scared to death the whole time, especially if it were dark out.

I read in a health brochure that to help with hot flashes associated with menapause, yu should avoid sugar and white flour and eat lots of fruit (da). It made me think that I used to have hot flashes alot and I haven't really had them for some time. Could it be SB?? Go figure.

Have a great day everyone.

Jackie
257/184/145
10-10-01
Old 06-24-2002, 11:21 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning!

It sure was nice to get up this morning and find you guys here at the board. Let me just tell ya, it is HOT! More humid than hot I think. I had plans on running or walking this morning but I think I am gonna set up the kiddie pool instead. My beautiful daughter turns 15 today....her sister is going to be 8 in a few days. I'll attach a pic if it isn't too big of the 15 year old and yours truly. It's from back in May when she went to prom.

Nanc....I'm glad you and your friend were able to make up. There is nothing like a close friend.

Fruit....you might like shooting with your husband...and it's great for the arms. Robert is fixing to increase the poundage on mine. I'm excited. Last year I could barely pull the 42 pounds...it was funny..I"d grunt and strain..LOL Now I can actually hold form for the first 9 or so pulls. We painted a red spot on a sponge about 2 inches big. I'm hitting 1 out of three on the spot and the other 2 on the edge. I'm waiting on that 3 for 3. That competative side of me wants to be the best..I"m terrible. After 23 yards I'm a wash...my bow loses to much speed.

Trish....I know what you mean about missing your son. My oldest is spending this year at my mom's. He has a job and is finsihing up his school there. He's 17 but I still feel like he's my baby at times.

Kimmy....hey girlie!! Sorry your computer is being a pain. Hope you figure out why it keeps freezing on you. Have you ran a scan disk?

Jack-K....you are doing so good. I keep thinking I'm going to start with the weights but something always comes up. Not enough time in the day to do everything I want. I did get to run again last night. Actually make 1 mile and a turn around... The best part is I wasn't gasping for air till the last bit. My daughter ran with but bailed after the mile so I walk/ran the last 2 by myself.

Tranquil...You are so sweet. It would nice to live closer..except you told me about those palmetto bugs so you would have to be closer this way..LOL

Jenn---((((((hugzzzzz))))))))) Hang in there!!!!! Believe it or not, even after all this time I still get discouraged. You are doing wonderful by caring and trying. And pretty soon you will start seeing more results. You have been under a lot of stress and that truly has an effect on weight loss.

Well, the little ones are jumping up and down waiting on Mom to set up the pool...soooo..I'd better get to it. Many blessings this week.

Love,
Crystle

235/155/135
Old 06-24-2002, 11:25 AM   #10  

Default Good Monday Morning

Well it is sunny out, DS's first day at camp, and hopefully he is having a blast - these two weeks he is in a Journalism camp. He has been looking forward to this for a long time! Then after he is finished with this he goes to Tennis Camp - and we got a new racket yesterday to get him all ready. He took tennis last year as well, but had to use the rackets they supplied - so this year he is ready to be a pro of his own!

Nance - the quiche - I took Deb's recipe and because I did not have spinach, I just doubled the brocolli (I also added some smoked cheddar cheese that I had in the fridge) - but the rest of the recipe remains exactly how she has it for her spinach crustless quiche - so yummy.

I am going to try a different quiche recipe this week - using a quiche recipe I found but just modifying it to lower fat and without a crust - if it turns out, I will definitely post it!

Jack-K - hahaha - I know my family would have been happy if there had been poison in the dinner last night - I did not even bother telling them he was over or I would never hear the end of it.... and he will be back tonight, yuch, did not count on this, but he is helping DS hang up the rest of his shelves in his room, and last night he did not have the right stuff to do the whole job. Maybe I will conveniently go for my walk without ds and leave him home with his dad...

Trish - What a fantastically fun thing to do - moonlight rafting! Wow!!! and Congrats on your weight!!

Hello to everyone!

Sabrina
272/250/157
Old 06-24-2002, 11:32 AM   #11  

Just real quick,

Country Mom - Your daughter is gorgeous. I need to make sure my son doesn't take a peek at this site. He'll be wanting to make a trip to Houston.
Old 06-24-2002, 11:32 AM   #12  

Default Country

We posted at the same time - beautiful picture!

I promise that the palmettos have been exterminated at my place, just don't visit anywhere else - actually, come visit in the early Spring and Winter, then there is less of a bug problem.... I think Deb and BOB and the Orlando crew have bigger and badder palmettos than Jax does I am happy to report that the exterminator and lawn exterminator have done their jobs well.

Sabrina
Old 06-24-2002, 11:43 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Default LOL....

I hope my exterminator does his job as well tomorrow Tranquil. Trish and Tranquil..thanks..she is my sweet heart.

Love,
Crystle
235/155/135
Old 06-24-2002, 12:05 PM   #14  

Good Monday Morning Everyone

For a Monday, I'm feeling good, better than I have in recent times. I got my butt out and did my 4.5 miles, so a good start to the week.

The kids are back and for the most part had a good time. They are tanned, but not rested, so I'm sure they'll be making up for lost sleep time over the next few days. Lauren came home with her hair braided all over, very cute, looks like Bo Derek! Now the fun of doing all that dirty laundry begins!

My sisters party was a nice surprise for her. I took her up to Broward to Ole Ole for lunch (she loves it there too but doesn't get to go as I do). She was thrilled with the fact that she was able to eat her lunch without the baby waking up. The weather was terrible though, it was teaming outside non-stop which didn't make things easy. We didn't get to do all that much because of the rain, but I don't think she really cared, she was out of the house and the baby was being excellent. My BIL did some BBQ stuff, nothing fancy and basically thrown together quickly, having my nephew and the 3 other little ones around makes it a bit hard to do much more than he did (he also cleaned the house). She was happy, so it was a good bday for her.

Not sure what's going to be today. I think we'll all just veg out for the day and try to get some things done around the homestead.

Oh, I heard from BUSDEB and she wanted to tell everyone she said hello. She's going through a divorce and just got the word she was hired for a new job as a 911 dispatcher. She says she's going to try and get back on the board soon.

TRANQUIL, how'd the Brocolli Cheddar Crustless Quiche come out? Dying to know as it sounds devine! LMK if you and SERENE have come out with a date to come for a visit. Hey, how about you come down the weekend that ELI'S Starbucks is set to open? I'm hoping it will be a Friday or Sat. night that they do it and then we could hit garage sales on Sat, if you are in to that stuff

ROSALIE, is the grill you bought similar to the GF ones? Hope you ar enjoying using it. I like the GF I have, but it's such a pain to clean! New jeans, new dress-sounds like someone is having a good time shopping these days.

MONET, as BOB mentioned, that was Lebanese food you ate! Sounds like a nice array of foods to try. I like kafta, esp. when I make it! Yes, it's one thing I do enjoy making The semolina cake you ate was probably namoura, which I make and is absolutely delicious. I do believe I could make it SB LEGAL even. I tried another Publix and they too said they won't do it. I think it's because it's due to the copyright. I'll try the one right next to his store, but I doubt they'll do it either.

TONI, check out some the eggplant recipe I posted for the gratin-it was delicious!!! That is, if you like eggplant!!

CHRIS, thanks, but I don't want to bother you with this image thing. I have only a small SB logo I could use and probably trying to enlarge it and send it would distort it. The other images I wanted to use were actual coffee labels they use for the bags. My idea was to have the logo in the middle of the cake with the labels flanked on both sides. White cake with green icing piped around the edges - good idea?

SEF, loved the FF's you posted!! Hey, new body briefer sizes? WOO HOO! You go girl! It's amazing how little things like this can make us so happy

ROSE, glad to see that the new things you are trying to incorporate into this WOE are working well for you-nice to hear. My Mom mentioned a carpet place in Hen. called USHERS, I think she plans on checking it out when they get up there. Yes, I have that book along with at least another dozen other ME books. Try to find A TASTE OF LEBANON, the best one out there that I have found, so I think

COUNTRY, thanks for your input no the recipes and your offer to help, it's greatly appreciated. Happy bday to both DD'S. Loved seeing the pic!!! Almost can't tell who's the Mother and who the DD is

BOB, good to have the chance to talk with you today and to hear you're feeling better. I know you'll b surfing the web tonight-let me know what you come up with!!!

QUILTER, gawd forbid I should only wear a bra when I walk, paleese, let's not even try to visualize the rest of the time how I would look if that were true! If I dare go without one at any time, these puppies face due south and look like they grew up in a mammogram flattening device! Oh, no, no, no!! Hope you enjoyed the weekend with your parents. Sis and I, don't think we look anything at all alike. Don't even think I have a pic to share to show and let you make that decision, maybe one day soon.

MUSIC, does Sarah have the chicken pox? Hope not!!! Oh well, if she gets them, at least it's not when school is in session. My kids got them at the same time, right after school stopped.

FRUIT, glad to hear each day that passes you are feeling better. Glad to hear you enjoyed having your nieces around and liked the movie. I heard it wasn't that good so didn't go see it, but if you think it's good I just may have to see it before it leaves the theatre.

KIMMY, hope you get your computer troubles fixed!!

NANCE, glad to hear you got things with that gal ironed out, I'm sure the discord it was causing wasn't good and now that things are back to normal you'll have a more pleasant week at work. What do the kids have planned for the summer?

JENN, so what's going on that is making you feel so bummed out? I'm sure that glance in the mirror is NOT as bad as you make it to be. It could be worse, you could have to look at my body in the mirror, now THAT'S a scary site! Nope, those pumpkin, sunflower, etc. are seeds, not nuts Ralph Marston has his own website: http://greatday.com/motivate/previous.html He does have a book out but nothing updated with all his stuff in there-check out his site-it's the best! I guess when one is feeling as you are at this time, you could find a lot of great stuff to read on his site to get you through these times.

TRISH, CONGRATS! Another 2lbs down and hitting a new milestone of 35lbs is wonderful!!! Glad to hear Jordan is having a good time. Your raft trips sounds so wonderful, something I would love to do!

JACKK, thanks for that info on the menopause and sugar. I'd love to read the entire article, wonder if the brochure is available on line. I've been having those hot flashes way too much for my liking lately!!

Okay, it's after Noon already-I HAVE to get something done before the day is totally shot to all heck. Will check in later.

Tomorrow is CHAT-does anyone have any objections to making it at 8pm EST instead of 9pm? Please let me know, otherwise we can leave it as is at 9:15pm EST, I just won't be able to make it

Toodles

Debbie
194/12?/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 06-24-2002, 12:48 PM   #15  

Good MONDAY morning everyone.... Now first I have to ask if a peanut is not a nut (I know it grows in the ground) what is it? Can we classify it as a protein or LOL a vegetable and eat a cup a day...???? This Thurday I have the dreaded colorectal exam... Yuck. If you can't spell it how can you have it... I'm in such dread of all the prep work and always scared of the hospital... SAVE ME! Hope everyone had a great week-end and are moving dead ahead with SB.... I found a drawer in the bedroom this morning with smaller jeans I had packed away... Now at 183 my smaller jeans are still huge but I feel like I got a prize... At least I won't have to roll them up at the bottom....

Debilli- Thanks for all the e-mails. You just are the best! I love the "I Will"..... That I believe is so true... Glad you got a nice run in. That really does start a nice week. I'll have to check the eggplant recipes out....

Kimmy- Sorry about your computer. Doesn't that drive you crazy. I had trouble Friday and so I ended up not posting over the week-end so I'm waaaaay behind. Glad you're doing well.

Nancemeister-I'm so glad your friend and you have made up.... You were so right to step up and talk to her....Hope you can get a break today....

Jenn in MN- Oh Jenn I'm sorry you had such a depressing Sunday. I know that every once in awhile it gets so discourageing trying to lose weight. Its like its the biggest Mtn. to climb and its so far to the top... I can't even look how far my top is. I have to just take each day and week at a time. Slowly crawling. But I just know and can feel theres light up there and I'll get there. Its when you see the overall big picture that it gets to you. And trying on clothes is the worst for me.. I can always get set back to paces by shopping.... You can do it... And we're all here for you....

Trishloo- Oh thats so great about your 2 lbs. and doing the happy dance for your total of 35 lbs. that really allot. What a wonderful Sat. night. The raft trip must have been beautiful... Lucky you... I've never hear of a night one...

Jack-K- When you have wine do you have red? I would like to have a glass on my birthday but don't know which kind. My sis is taking me out to a nice dinner while we're out of town.

CountryMom-Your picture is wonderful. You're both beautiful...

Tranquil- I think I need to try a quiche to. That way I can have leftovers for lunch... Thanks for the idea...

Guess I'm a little caught up now. Hope everyone has a great day..

213/183/130
Closed Thread