Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 02:25 PM   #271  

Height: 5'7"

No that's not it. It was specifically geared to employment, more along the lines of that "What Color is my Parachute" but that wasn't it either. Oh well.

Glad you put the glasses on.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:38 PM   #272  
Melissa

Vickie, can you see me now? It doesn't surprise me that's what you scored on the Myers-Briggs. I was straight down the middle between extrovert and introvert, 50/50. I think that makes me "special."

Kathy, I don't think you would be a good lighthouse attendant. I think you are more social than that!

It's almost 3:00!! Why am I excited? Because everyone is leaving at 3 except for me and one other girl. Party time! Ok, maybe not a party. There will still be clients here, unfortunately!
Old 02-09-2006, 02:40 PM   #273  

Oh I don't know. Most people think I don't like them because I'm pretty unsociable.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:54 PM   #274  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Exclamation Vickie Put Your Specs On...

...we will NOT be responsible for any 'crinkled corneas' that come your way!

Saundra - welcome back! You both look fabulous - and I did note the frothy pink drink on the table! Sounds like you did great! ...and how about the @#$# cold here! How lousy is that?

Kathy - do NOT go live in a lighthouse - altho mind you I can kinda see the appeal! ha ha ha.

I am at home today chickies - as the pounding headache and pms pains kept me home today! I should be in bed resting (I am supposed to be napping now)....but still fooling around on the puter.

...oh and eating everything in sight - yes there is a downside to being at home - I can't seem to control myself! I just want to eat, eat, eat - I am thinking this is severe pms cravings - and trying to stay out of the kitchen now. Have steaks ready for dinner (like I'll even be hungry?) and then dd dances tonight and off to a sleepover (no school tomorrow - and she is home today too coughing up a storm!).

Sandra - congrats on the SUV purchase - please advise where the line starts for our free rides?

Patti - hope your tummy is feeling better!

...and Melissa we always knew you were 'special' - enjoy your party! (if possible?)

I think I shall try and lie down in bed now - and see what happens!

Later,

Frouf
Old 02-09-2006, 03:06 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Smile

Hi Frouf, we're home! Sorry you're not feeling well. PMS was over for me long time ago! The drink is Bernie's fruit punch (no alcohol), I stuck to white wine.

Vickie, I wear progressive's. Actually, I hardly have any problems seeing far away, but the phone book and menu can't be done without my specs. I wore my glasses on a chain for a bit, and my boys hated the "granny look".

Know what, Kathy, I hear you on the social stuff. With a full time job and the family, who's got time to socialize? Now that I don't go to work, it's really weird. Thank goodness I have an unlimited long distance plan, so that I can speak to my sisters all the time. Guess we gotta join a club!
Old 02-09-2006, 03:08 PM   #276  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, you are special! And Kathy, I know you're being serious but I sure do find it hard to believe. You're sociable with us. Do we just bring out that side of you? I took something else beside Myers Briggs but I can't remember the name either now. It said I should own a florist shop and work in Human Resources. Duh....thanks....that's what I did!

Jim's home! Time for me to go have a piece of pie. I made crustless pumpkin pie for myself. It smells wonderful in here.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:10 PM   #277  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, bummer! I hate that you're sick but glad you stayed home.

Saundra, I'm not sure I could have stuck to white wine. Very impressive! I guess that's how maintenance is done, huh?
Old 02-09-2006, 03:15 PM   #278  

Vickie, pass the pumpkin pie, it sounds good right now. I've got to go shopping and I keep forgetting to get some canned pumkin. It's not easy to find here. White wine is my drink of choice. I make my own, and I'm the only one who drinks it. I'm not going through as much on Core, but it's going.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:46 PM   #279  
Melissa

mmmm....pie.....
Old 02-09-2006, 04:00 PM   #280  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Saundra,
How about sharing some tips about how you stay on program and how you have gotten through any tough times. I'd sure love to hear some new ideas from a pro. Love your bright smile and shirt and you look like you're having so much fun with you man. Great!

All goes well here. I ran errands and dizziness is subsiding. Crisp cold weather today and we're expecting snow over the weekend. Also, my "calendar" just got filled up for Fri., Sat., and Sunday so I'll have to be super careful since I've got a lunch out on Monday. Four days with possible huge overeating. Not a good idea at all. My lifestyle seems to go this way, so I'll have to plan and prepare for each day as it happens.
Good luck to us all.
I wear glasses that have a long distance, mid distance and reading level all built into one lens. Is that called progressive? In any case, I fought wearing glasses for a few years since I felt my long distance was fine. Got tired of searching for reading glasses and decided this was the way to go. It was an easy transition which astonishes me, but I'm happy about that. My heart goes out to the little one who needs glasses, but I bet as she grows up science will make so many advances that glasses will be an item of the past.

Everybody have a good day and take care.
Judy Itry
234.6/207.6/thinner into onederland
Old 02-09-2006, 04:46 PM   #281  
Melissa

Judy, I had a similar revelation lately--those special events and occasions are never going to go away! There will always be an excuse to eat poorly! So I better start dealing with them now instead of later.

Vickie, I have never made that pie. I need to do some more things like that though. I've also been wanting to do the crustless strawberry pie. If I could prepare something like that on the weekend it would help me stay op through the week.

Too bad I know these things and don't do them!!

Kathy, several of my friends have told me that they thought I was stuck-up when they first met me, because I am kind of quiet when getting to know people. Funny how first impressions are often wrong.

SO close to leaving work! And then to the Roadhouse...mmmm....
Old 02-09-2006, 04:55 PM   #282  

Thanks for the compliment, Judy, I really appreciate your kind words.

Believe me, this is the first time that I've really had success on maintenance, because I've made an effort. Core had really introduced a new way of eating for me, so that was the first positive step. Ad to that the fact that I'm tired of going backwards so often. I really want to "stay" at this place. I feel so much better and like the fact that I look better too. Being off work helped me get committed. I had time to search out the recipes and learn from others' sucesses.

We will always have "food" issues, and have to come to the realization that we are the only ones who can help ourselves.

Okay, enough preaching. Now it's time to have some of Angela's delicious baked oatmeal with bananas.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:22 PM   #283  
focused and aiming

man, it's hard to catch up after being gone a day. i am baking killer brownies right now. they are the 1 pt brownies made with all bran. just so i won't say too much info here--i'll just say we needed them. they should be baked in a few minutes.

i saw most of ai last night. we hot tubbed during the first part so i missed that. i'm getting some favs already, too, but don't remember their names. (remember i'm older than the rest of you.) we also watched lost and biggest loser. curtis and i decided to "up" our exercise after watching. also, we're thinking the suv we're getting will help with exercise, too. we're planning camping trips in the high country. we'll sleep in the back and toast weiners over an open fire outside. i have been wanting to rough it for some time now. we are still looking for a travel trailer for longer trips. we've found one we like. maybe we'll get it soon. of course, it's snowing like the dickens in the high country so we won't be doing any camping for a long time. life goes on.

angela, i hope your dd's all are feeling better.

melissa, did anyone else ever come to work today?

kathy, you are not a loser. you have a lot of girlfriends right here. we all love you.

judy, congratulations on your weight being down.

welcome back, saundra. you are a great looking couple.

frouf, our poor frouf, i am so sorry you're ill. i know what you mean about eating everything in site. i do that, too, when i'm home feeling poorly. i hope you're better tomorrow. do you think you're just rundown from all the going you did on your cruise?

ya'll are right. there will always be "events" and "situations" that will tempt and lead us to comfort foods. we just need to learn to deal with it. i am still in class 101 here in learning to control my cravings but i have to admit i am a lot better than i used to be. i think we all are.

okay, let's give ourselves pats on the backs for how far we've come.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:28 PM   #284  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I'm done with dinner. The cola chicken and oven fries were great (if I don't say so myself!). I'm off to shower and then to watch some TV. I've been feeling lots of discomfort. I don't know if it's just because I stopped taking the pain pills or if it's because some of the stone is getting ready to pass. The suspense is killing me. I'm am such a scaredy cat of the unknown. Oh well, I know I have NO control so I'll try to enjoy my evening.

Sandra, you're right. We all have come a long way and we should celebrate that more often.

Frouf, hope you're feeling better.

Kath, where'd you go?

Saundra, we will always have food issues and I agree with you about doing it for oneself. That's why I joined WW without a friend and go alone to my meetings each week. I want this to be about me, for me, and not dependent on someone else's whims. Sounds cold but it's working for me.

Melissa, I like the crustless pumpkin pie better than the crustless strawberry one. You don't even need to use your beaters for the pumpkin one. Open two cans, throw in some spices and eggs and bake. Yum.......

I'll be back in the morning.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:44 PM   #285  

Here I am! I was playing a game and watching Raymond. Judd will be home soon and I should go find some dinner unless he wants LO veggie soup. I also need to clean out the fridge.

Saundra is an inspiration to me! Same height and nearly the same weight, so if she can do it then I can too!
Closed Thread