Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 05:30 PM   #316  

Height: 5'7"

Angela, I remember last year! That's a very good idea that you have; that way nobody feels like they're always making the plans. (Writing down a few notes to myself here for future use ...)

As for being on the wagon, I fell off again and it ran over me. Tomorrow's a new day but for today, I woke up hungry and with a rumbling tummy. I kept on eating until it got quiet, but now I'm full of junk. Not good.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:15 PM   #317  
focused and aiming

hi, ladies. i got up with a headache this am and my shooting reflected it big time. after practice we met friends for lunch at a mexican food restaurant. curtis and i came home feeling totally exhausted and, of course, fat. we hot tubbed (frouf, we wore suits cuz it was early afternoon) and curtis has been napping ever since. i have chatted on the phone, watched some tv, and been totally useless--but--my headache is gone!!

kathy, i have been runover by that wagon, too, amd am going to climb aboard again in the am. have fun tonight. don't let the smoke get you. i know where you're coming from. curtis and i both can't handle smoke. we even do like vickie and jim and strip and shower as soon as we get home--and this is from visiting my mil. we just can't take the smoke. i'd have to shampoo my hair tonight if i got into smoke or i wouldn't sleep a bit. have fun tonight. tomorrow you and i are going to hear "all aboard!!"

melissa, sounds like you have a lot planned this weekend. i have made 8 calls to louisville the past 2 days to the hyatt. we already have our reservations for march but found out yesterday afternoon that they are offering a conference rate for folks who are going to the archery championship. problem is hyatt doesn't have anything on their puters yet. i have been very frustrated. like i said--8 calls already and no change in our reservations yet. i'm going to call them again tonight. if they don't have everything on their puter and are ready to accept the changes, guess i'll wait till monday to call again. i am on first name basis with the folks there now. lol i think i've met all the folks at the desk.

vickie, i am glad you're seeing stones now. i hope there's no pain involved with the passing. your entertainment center sounds fabulous. i know you're ready to get it and have all installed. you and jim are going to have a lot of good times using it.

paula, i hope you're feeling better. i'm glad you just have to work 3 days a week but i understand that the weekend is a tough time to work.

coco, i hope dh is feeling better today.

saundra, it's so good to have you home. i know i told you this earlier but i just had to say it again. i understand your disappointment at not getting the job. just remember things usually work out for the best. enjoy the sleepover.

angela, you have such wonderful ideas for celebrating. let us know what dh comes up with for valentines. curtis and i will probably just do the usual. we're calling our expedition we bought this week our valentines and our anniversary gift. i did get him a card and i saw he bought a card today. life is good.

he's still asleep. guess i'll go see what i can get into here at the house. ya'll have a good evening.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:16 PM   #318  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow, Angela, have we all been together a year already! It feels like just yesterday.

Kath, have a good time and wipe the wagon marks off of you before you go out. You can afford a little splurge day now and then. I need to stay on the wagon. Thanks for the info on the stones fragments, Kath. I didn't know they could be white. I haven't been looking that closely.

Saundra, it's a funny picture, us running up the hallway, I'm sure!

Sandra, you sound like you had another full day. I'm sorry your shooting was off. You're like me. I'd be worrying those folks at the hotel to death until they did what I wanted them to do. It's why my family always puts me in charge of that kind of stuff.

So where's Frouf. Have we heard from her today?

I just got back from dinner. I had poached chicken tenders on ww angel hair pasta with tomatoes, scallions, garlic, mushrooms and white wine and chicken broth. I'll count some points for the wine and for the bit of parmesan cheese in there. There's no oil in it though. The call it Healthy Chicken Tuscana pasta. It's one of our favorite meals. I only ate half and have the rest for another meal. My tummy is full and happy. Why does food have to make me so happy.

I'm off to watch TV with honey lamb. No more pieces of stone since that first piece. So far no bad pain just some heavy duty discomfort and a few short stabs in the side and back. I'll be back in the morning. Have a great Friday night everyone!
Old 02-10-2006, 07:33 PM   #319  

Evening Everyone
Well not much happening here. Hubby seems to be feeling a little better today. But wasnt as cold as it had been. At least he didnt take any pain pills today. So that is good.
Well we went to town today. And I got fruit and veggies. Got a couple of different kinds of leaf lettuce. Thought I would try that for a change. I dont think the iceburg lettuce has been as good lately. So have washed the lettuce. Now trying to get it dried so I can put it away. Have it laying on towels on the counter.
I have a question. I was wondering about couscous. I know that it is core. But the Far Eastern brand isnt. I was wondering does the couscous have to be whole wheat. Or regular. I see in the book it says semolina beside it. So didnt know.

SEPTEMBERSGOAL My hubby and I bought each other CD's for Valentines day. I told him I didnt want any candy. And I want a cd. And he wanted one. And that best thing was they were on sale.

ONTARGET Sorry about your headache. So hope you are feeling better.

VICKIE That is great you passed a stone. Hope you get to feeling better.

KATPO Hope you are doing ok. Thinking of you.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. We are suppose to be getting some snow. But not sure how much. Every channel tells something different. So I guess we will get what we get.
Well everyone have a great night. Thinking of all of you.
coco
Old 02-10-2006, 07:49 PM   #320  
Southside White Sox Fan

Coco, Near East brand of couscous is Core as long as you buy the plain. I see that it doesn't list the plain in the CFC or in the corrections. Strange. I'm sure you can buy the plain. It's the brand that I buy. It doesn't have to be whole wheat but probably is even better. Yum....I haven't had any in a while and would probably enjoy it. Now I need couscous and that rice everyone was talking about.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:54 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Angela, your Valentine's day sounds great. It's so nice to hear that there is still romance in the air.

Kathy, off the wagon can't hurt for one day. I know you, and you'll be right back on tomorrow. Guess what, we're human type people.

Melissa, good luck with your financial meeting. It's stressful, but it feels great when the I's are dotted and the T's crossed.

Sandra, hope your headache is gone by now. When you talk about going into the hot tub, I now can relate. We really enjoyed our two weeks and had so much fun getting in and out without being spotted.

Vickie, have a good TV night, that's where I'm headed right now. What size is the new one for the unit?

We went to a good restaurant tonight and I splurged with two glasses of wine. I had the veal roast special with a great Italian salad, no bread.

So, until tormorrow, au revoir,
Old 02-10-2006, 07:57 PM   #322  

VICKIE Thanks. Sorry I got the brand name mixed up. Glad you figured out what I was talking about.
Has anyone tried the new WW yogurt. I got some today. It says it is one point. Wonder if it is core. I didnt see it anywhere on the container stating that it is core. Hubby tried his container. But I havent tried mine.
coco
Old 02-10-2006, 08:41 PM   #323  
Melissa

Hi all! Just enjoying a snuggly evening inside with DH while it snows outside! I'm thinking we might not make that meeting in the morning, it is really coming down right now. The ground is pretty much covered, and it seems to be a heavy, wet snow, good for freezing!!

Vickie, your dinner sounds so good. I haven't gotten very good at eating out, I have to admit. Although last night I did have a pork chop, salad, and baked potato at TR. But of course I had a roll too. I hope that you are feeling better and enjoying your evening!!

Sandra, I'm sorry that you had an off day. Going to a mexican restaurant when I'm stressed would be bad for me!! Yikes! I'm glad that you all have rested today. I can't wait to hear about your adventures in the new ride. When you come to KY will you be competing non-stop?

Saundra, your dinner sounds great too! Thanks for the encouragement. I am so looking forward to owning a home but we aren't in the best of financial situations right now. But then, when is anyone, really?

Coco, sounds like you had a productive day! I don't know anything about WW yogurt but it is probably not core. Although one point isn't bad at all if you like yogurt! And I love the Near East couscous. It's great if you prepare it with chicken broth or at least throw a chicken boullion (sp?) cube in there.

Angela, I love your V-Day ideas. That is so neat, and makes it really something to look forward to.

I forgot to tell you all that I posted earlier and now its not there. That is so weird.

Well I guess I'm off of here, looks like everyone is busy doing something interesting!! I think DH and I will do some snuggling on the couch and watch a DVR'd movie or something. Night all.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:51 PM   #324  
Melissa

Wow, everyone really DOES have a life tonight! Good night all!
Old 02-11-2006, 09:29 AM   #325  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Melissa, you and DH snuggling last night sounds wonderful. How much snow did you end up getting. As far as the house goes, I think it's great for you to meet with the mortgage person when you can. They'll look at all your finances and give you an idea of how much house you can afford. You may be surprised at how low a house payment can be. Of course, you'll have to factor in all that stuff that you may or may not be paying for now with your rent. I've learned that all cities are different. I hope you've gone to the meeting if it's safe to drive. Can't wait to hear how it goes.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:07 AM   #326  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

A quick good morning to all. It's sunny again, and that is a good thing.

Change of plans today. The kids' computer fried, probably the dust of the reno. I'm on my way there, so they can go puter shopping. I'll hang out with Natan until 3 or 4 and then groceries and dinner. Bern will be home by 6:15. So, that's my exciting day, hope you all are well and will have a fun Saturday.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:30 AM   #327  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Looking forward to some snow here. We've had a mild winter so far in NY, but it looks like that is about to change.
Good luck to us all. We're expecting some family in tonight for 3Stooges and pizza. That's always fun, but I've got to remember to order a salad for me so I don't overindulge.
Have a great day!
Judy Itry
Old 02-11-2006, 10:34 AM   #328  
Southside White Sox Fan

Saundra, I know you love hanging out with Natan so I'm sure you'll have a great day.

Judy, the winter has been very mild in Chicago too. I'm expecting spring to be slow in coming though. Enjoy your pizza. You're smart to have a LARGE salad first.

OMG, I just saw the bill for the lithotripsy......$14,000! I really hope BC/BS knocks it down alot since I have to pay 10% of whatever they approve. Thanks God for health insurance. I'm praying that it worked since I cannot afford another procedure.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:55 AM   #329  

Ive now lost two posts ,,so just a short note to say Im feeling a little better,,,,,,,,Ill be back later. Taking in some Olympics this morning.
OMG Vickie, holy cow! Have you passed any more?? ((hugs))
Old 02-11-2006, 10:58 AM   #330  

Height: 5'7"

Morning, chickies! I'm at work, got here around 8 and have been sorta puttering. A little work, a little snack, a little more work, a little break ... hopefully I'll only be here until around 2. I need to do some things at the house today and tomorrow, things I've been putting off forever. Somehow they just aren't getting done.

Dinner last night was fine but holy smoke, am I paying for it today! The scale said 152 this morning!! Can you believe that??? I just wanted to lay down in the floor and sob.

Oh well. Life goes on, I suppose. I'll go ahead and indulge myself for the rest of the weekend and then Monday morning is time to crack the whip on myself. No more salt and lots more water.
Closed Thread