Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 10:43 AM   #346  

S/C/G: 177/162/153

Hello All - I am new on this board. I have been reading it for a couple of weeks, but just signed up today. I have enjoyed reading all of your encouragement over the past couple of weeks.

I have done WW many times, but this is my first time doing Core. I was always afraid of Core before, but this is my second week on Core and I love it!! It is actually giving me the structure that I need to get back on the weight loss journey.

I hope everyone enjoys there weekend and is able to stay on target!!
Old 02-12-2006, 10:53 AM   #347  
Southside White Sox Fan

Mary Ann, as I said on the other thread to our little corner of the world! Since you've been lurking for a couple of weeks, you know that we are a good group of ladies just trying to get through the days and stay on program. I hope you'll visit often and I'm really happy to hear that you are enjoying Core.

Kathy, where are you Chick?
Old 02-12-2006, 11:13 AM   #348  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Mary Ann As you can tell this is a great board!

Vickie, I'm hoping you see something very pleasant soon! (Get it?)

Sandra, so glad your arrows are back on course and dear hubby's are too. This is such an important part of your life and it's good when things we work for fall in place.

Saundra, you really keep busy/ Isn't it great to be able to lend a hand to your kids and grandkids? I know how appreciated I am when I can do that too.

Kathy,
Scales are not fun after salty dinners. I read that once on a Chinese fortune cookie and have been trying to put that motto into practice, but it sure isn't easy.

Coco,
That taco type chicken sounds really good. Thanks for mentioning it.

I'm not waiting until Monday since I had a disastrous Saturday and I need to be strictly on core right now. I can do this. My nephews didn't show because we've got a very heavy snowfall here. 3Stooges have to wait, but that didn't stop me from eating the unmentionables we had gathered for snacks. UGh.
Anyway, today is good, JadedJane made me feel like there is hope, and life is good. Good luck all.

Judy Itry
Old 02-12-2006, 11:16 AM   #349  
Southside White Sox Fan

Judy, there is ALWAYS hope! I'm off to the treadmill now. That will be the second time this week. I haven't walked on the treadmill twice in one week since September. It won't be my old pace but it will be activity none the less. Discharge papers says stones move with activity. So here goes something, I hope!
Old 02-12-2006, 11:35 AM   #350  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Smile

Judy, Saturday was yesterday, today is Sunday, go girl!

Vickie, be careful with the treadmill, but I'm sure you know that. Those bones have to start over. BTW, is the roast the one with the mustard powder?

Not much today as I'm alone again. I'm going to an open house at 2:00. This is again for oldest son in Kitchener. They're puting their's on the market in March, and hopefully will come back sometimes this summer.

I tried Red River cereal for the first time, and it was okay. I guess the flax is a good thing. I copied gobs of recipes this morning, so I'll do some printing and sorting. That is sure one of the key ingredients to success, and you guys make it so easy.

Guess I should make my bed as the morning is half over.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:49 PM   #351  

Height: 5'7"

Hey gals! I'm here but about to leave. We decided to go to lunch instead of tonight (this is our Valentines Day celebration) so we're off to Macaroni Grill. I'll be back on when we return but not for long. I have a list four miles long of things I have to get done today for sure!
Old 02-12-2006, 01:01 PM   #352  

Default Hello Again

Have not been here in quite some time...We took quite a whopping from Hurricane Wilma, just getting past that, and wouldn't ya know, Hurricane Seaon right around the corner....

Unfortunately no time during work hours to get on line although they don't mind, just no time, and when I get in I am mentally exhausted....except yesterday, because it was the weekend, and I read JadedJane's successful post. That is so terrific. Goes to show...we work IT, IT works. Well at least that's what they tell us at work every day :-)
So much STILL goes on here, pages and pages....so, for all those not feeling well, I truely hope you are feeling better, for those still stuggling, like most of us, we can do this!!
It truely is a mindset we need to be in. I am surrounded by it every day, so I feel fortunate, but it is still a struggle, even maintaining.
Vickie you still are such a hero in MY book...you never ever give up.
You fight the good fight everyday, from what I remember and I AM sure that has not changed. You are on a mission and you will be successful!!

If you all don't mind I may be more active here. One can never have too many support systems.

Far too many pages to read so I'll just jump in from now....As for me, I am still fighting the good fight too. It's a struggle every day. Everyday to make the right choices, when temptation is at every corner.

I haven't heard of 'anything' new or changing yet. Everything still status quo in CoreLand. Did get some great recipes though from other WW'er area workers, boy people are SO creative...God Bless them.

Well to all I do 'know' Vickie, Kathy, Sandra, Frouf, Melissa, Angela hope all is going well....and to those who are new since I have not been here....good luck on your journey.......'see' you all later..........Linda
Old 02-12-2006, 01:39 PM   #353  
Southside White Sox Fan

Linda, Welcome Back! You're so sweet. I'm never going to give up. Not this time, anyway. We love the company, you know that! Will you be doing Core again? Please share any of those new recipes. You know I'm a recipe addict and love to try new dishes.

Kathy, have a great Valentine's day lunch and we'll talk later, once you get your chores done, anyway.

I walked on the treadmill. I only made 30 minutes but I consider that a success. We'll hope the scale cooperates tomorrow. If nothing else, it was good for me. I just ate my lunch (I'm SO hungry today) and will probably go have a bath. Talk to you all later.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:02 PM   #354  

Afternoon chickies,
Its a bright sunny day here today. Dh jsut called and the negotiations didnt go well and it looks like the mill will be closing down this week.....dh does not need to go look for a new job at 46 yrs of age. He is soo stressed. Im going to start back walking this week,,,it always helps me clear my head.
Saundra and Frouf I was wondering if you two have taken in winterlude yet?? or do you go....
Vickie,,I think 30 mins is great.
Welcome back Linda,,,
and welcome Mary Ann
Judy I cant keep any snacks in this house...I try to portion control but I havnt gotten to that point yet...I still want it all,,so I dont buy it. Today is a new day....
Kathy have anice valentine lunch

off to watch more olympics since i did housework yesterday today will be a lazy day,,,the a walk tonight! off to get some water in too.
ttyl chickies
Old 02-12-2006, 02:32 PM   #355  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh Patti, I was afraid to ask! So sorry about DH's job. Maybe he will find something much better. I'll pray for that to happen. 46 is young now and he's experienced. He'll need to play that up. It's a good idea for you to walk since it might help your stress level.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:53 PM   #356  

We're back and I had the big double-throwdown Mama's Trio, but only ate two bites of each thing. We brought 90% of it all home because Judd got overloaded early too! We had mushroom ravioli for an appetizer and it was very good. Now I'm here with my gigantic glass jar of ice water with lemon and orange slices. That's my thing I discovered last night! SO GOOD!!

We're going to watch TV and then I've got to get busy. I'm washing sheets, cleaning out the fridge, emptying and refilling the DW, gathering up all the trash to go out in the morning, and finishing up the laundry for the week. And that's all I'm going to do, plus it has to be done by 6:00 so I can watch TV tonight. It'll all be TiVo'd, but I can't get behind because there's no time during the week to catch up on it. Next Saturday I'm going to Tyler to see my parents.

BBL!
Old 02-12-2006, 03:05 PM   #357  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow! I wish I had that dedication.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:55 PM   #358  

Okay, we are freakishly slow lately! What's up with that??? Here's my afternoon report:

I washed sheets and then decided I would try the comforter too. Mistake -- it's kinda big and I noticed the washer was leaking. Yikes! I didn't say anything but let it finish, put it in the dryer and washed another load. So far, so good so maybe it was just too full.

Judd ate his leftovers and I refilled my water jug. So far I'm not too interested in more food today. Kate and Devan went out for their Valentines too, because Devan has completed his training and now starts his weird schedule. She has two more weeks to go and then she'll have the same weird schedule. They found an apartment in Trophy Club near their office and are supposed to move in mid-March. Judd is unhappy about the situation (and I believe blames me for her lack of decorum, morals, sensibility, etc.) but I think at 20 y/o she should make her own decisions. I can't ground her, for goodness sakes! It might not be the ideal scenario but on the other hand, does he want to shell out $25,000 for a wedding right now? I don't think so. Anyway, whatever.

So now Erin and Shaun are going at it upstairs, something about Erin's mad that he sits around all the time and doesn't clean up after himself. I'll just let her handle it because if I step in, it'll get worse.

That's it for our house today! One more hour until my big TV evening starts; Sunday nights are my favorite with EMHO, Desperate Housewives, and Grey's Anatomy. See you all tomorrow!
Old 02-12-2006, 07:47 PM   #359  

Hi Everyone
How is everyone doing. I hope nobody is snowed in. We got some snow. But not as much as they said we would. Just enough to make the roads a little tricky. But they finally got on them. And they wasnt to bad.
Well not much happening here. Went to church. Then went out to eat. Came home read the paper. Drank a pot of coffee. Watched a movie. Talked to my Mom. And that is about it.
When we went out to eat. I got a veggie and cheese omelet. It was pretty good.I was kinda proud of myself. I knew we were going to go out before we left for church. So I took my 2 slices diet bread. And 2 slices of ff cheese.
So when I placed my order. I asked the girl. Can you have them put this cheese on instead of the regular. and toast my bread and no butter. I asked for the egg beaters too. So am hoping they did those.
Hubby has been so-so today. He is kinda pale today. Said he is hurting all over. So dont know. He has laid around most of the day. Took a nap.
So we just stayed home.
Well I am not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow night. The scales dont look too good.
Well I am going to get off here for now. Got some other e-mail to answer.
Know that I am thinking of all of you. I hope everyone has had a great weekend.
coco
Old 02-12-2006, 09:17 PM   #360  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Hi Ladies,

Remember when I said I better make my bed, well I got up from the computer and I guess my foot was asleep, and I fell right over and landed on my front. On the way down, I twisted my right foot big time. I could hardly get up and struggled to get into the bedroom......Called Dave and Tomomi, went to the hospital, and it isn't broken. They taped it up and said to give it a few days. So, that was my exciting day.

We managed to go to a neighbourhood restaurant tonight and now it's time to sit and relax in front of the TVwith my foot up. Now, when I get up from the computer, I'll hold on to the desk first, just in case. What next????

I'll be back tomorrow to chat.

Love,
Closed Thread