Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 11:06 PM   #361  
Melissa

Hey ladies, just saying hi since I haven't been here today. We've been busy and I've been super tired. I'm off to bed.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:11 PM   #362  

Height: 5'7"

Holy cow, Saundra! That's terrible! I hope it feels better very soon -- take care of it!
Old 02-13-2006, 06:09 AM   #363  

Mornin' All , just a quick note....Vickie asked if I was doing Core. I have seen first hand how wonderfully successful MANY are on Core...it's a great program!! I'm much more successful with Points (more control for me) so much so, that I am now down 7 lbs below my goal so I am happy. I had, as some may know, a very hard time with that "satified/full" thing. Went back to basis and got it right. I am the type that needs to 'see' what I am doing on paper...that is what worked for me.....Although I must admit my working enviroment is a big plus

As the saying goes....Nothing Tastes as Good as Thin Feels!!

Well have a good day out there.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:47 AM   #364  

Good morning all! Okay, it's time to fess up..I've been bad with eating in the last few weeks, and it's starting to show on the scale. No more! As of today, I'm back on the straight and narrow. I plan on writing out my menu, and not deviating from it, no matter how loudly those Hershey's kisses are calling out to me.

I hear the little one bellowing from her bed, so I'd better go. I'll be back later.

Angela
Old 02-13-2006, 09:18 AM   #365  

Height: 5'7"

Angela, I'll join you on the straight and narrow! We can do it, because we've done it before!

I am looking at a busy day at work, so I guess I'll get to it. Be back later.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:28 AM   #366  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I felt lousy last night. I'm ok this morning. But, slept kind of late and now I have to go get ready for weigh in. Wish me luck that the gaining has stopped.

I'll come back later to read posts.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:57 AM   #367  

Hi Everyone
Well it we are having some snow flurries today. Oh I feel for the ones that got hit hard with all the snow. I cant imagine what they are going through cleaning up.
Well not much going on here. Had breakfast. Washed up the dishes. Made a big bowl of salad. Washed towels. They are in the dryer now. Wont be long and I will have to fix lunch for the guys. Son has school tonight. And I will go to my WW meeting. So it will be a late lunch.

SAUNIEMAY So sorry to hear you hurt your foot. Hope it is better.

AGHIOWA I know what you mean about getting back on track. I need to do that too. I weigh in tonight. And I know it wont be good. So tomorrow I will start on the new me. I hope I can anyway.

ONTARGET How are you doing. Hope you are doing ok. Hows the shooting going.

VICKIE Sorry you had a bad night. Hope you are better today. have you passed anymore stones.

KATPO Hope you are doing ok. Thinking of you!!

FROUFIE How are you. Your trip sounds great. I am sure you had a great time. I have a friend that is on a cruise now. And I have a friend that is taking on next month. Must be that time of year.

Well I better get off here. Just wanted to check in. Will let you know how it goes tonight. Have a great day everyone. Thinking of all of you.
coco
Old 02-13-2006, 12:00 PM   #368  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Talking Happy Monday Morning

Vickie - how did WI go? Hope you did okay - and I am supremely impressed with your exercise efforts - and have decided if you can do it - so can I - so I am committing to get on the treadmill tonight for at least a 30 min walk! We can do this!

Kathy - sounds like your lunch was great - and leftovers too! Good luck with the 'domestic situation'.

Coco - hope your dh is feeling better. We have a bright crisp day here - with a bit more snow! UGH!...and I loved that chicken recipe - so simple yet wonderful - I shall try that next time I defrost some chicken breasts.

A special welcome to Mary Ann Hope you like it here! Please join in whenever you can!

Saundra - poor you! How awful to take such a spill. Glad it is not that serious and I do hope you are taking it easy and resting your foot!

Sandra - you go girlfriend - sounds like you are in top form. Keep up the good work!

Angela - you are still an inspiration to all of us - and how smart of you to nip the eating in the bud - that is the downfall of many on maintenance - need to stop the 'madness' before it gets the best of you. Good luck.

I certainly did not do great this weekend - which means there is definitely room for improvement?

Dinner out sat night was wonderful (Saundra - do you ever go to the West End Station in Bells Corners?). Had a shrimp/puff pastry appetizer, some white wine, and salmon in a vanilla bean orange sauce for main course. Now I had decaf after the meal and sat there ogling the desserts of the diners around us - I did ask to see the dessert menu...but had a 'talk' with myself saying I really did not want or need anything more to eat - and dh was not having dessert - so I passed on it and felt very proud of myself. We ended up going to a movie after that and no popcorn or anything cuz we were still so full.

Of course ended up having a bad end to the evening as dh got defensive when I checked in the laundry room - he was asked to fold laundry when I left in pm - which he did - but left two of my shirts crumpled on top of the dryer cuz they were still wet? I didn't say much - except why are my shirts on top of the dryer? and he went rank on me - saying how I always criticize the way he does laundry - and he was trying to help and he'll iron the shirts and on and on - I start screaming back that I did not say anything about his 'process' and he says I had a 'bad tone' - ya right! Suffice it to say that the evening did not end well - and I was still pretty angry at him yesterday morning altho he did apologize for 'overreacting'.

Yesterday had the nieces over for dinner - 2 very lovely young ladies (18 and 20 I think?). Made my very excellent and yummy home made spaghetti sauce but did not do whole wheat pasta cuz I thought that would not go over very well. Also huge salad, and garlic bread - and some blueberry/apple pie for dessert (yes I had a piece w/some ice cream ).

I also got a new coffeemaker which I tried out last night (my previous one 'died' and altho dh has promised to fix it for me still has not found the right part). It's a black and decker shiny white one with a thermal carafe (no burner so your coffee doesn't 'cook' and smell awful!). Hopefully it will last a while?

Had to use the good china cuz we realized we still had not bought any new dishes and did not want to use the bits and pieces we had. I am again hunting out patterns - saw the pfalzgraff 'sandbar' pattern at the kitchen store - kinda beige and white with a bit of a pattern in it - not crazy about it, but it's pretty neutral and looks funky (esp the serving pieces). Anyhow still can't decide what I want.

I am very tired today - had a HUGE problem falling asleep last night - then dd was up coughing her brains out at 2 am which woke me up and I stayed awake til 3 am so it was really hard getting up this morning. I lay there worrying about everything and more - I wish I could just clear my brain sometimes and let things go!

Now it's lunchtime - yippee (and yes I did have a teeny tiny piece of chocolate cake leftover from some meeting which was out in the kitchen here). Will try and stay on track for the rest of the day!

Later,

Frouf
Old 02-13-2006, 12:22 PM   #369  
Melissa

Wow we sure are slow around here!
I only have a minue but wanted to say hi. It's going to be a busy afternoon here, and tonight I have class. And I'm already tired, which isn't a good thing.
Good luck to Mary Ann, Vickie, and Coco, and anyone else who has w/i today!
to Saundra! Take care of yourself!
Frouf, I'm sorry to hear that your evening ended on a bad note. What is it with men and laundry anyway? I can never get DH to do it all the way through the whole process of washing, drying, and folding. Of course I'm not too good at it either.

Back to work. Hope everyone has a good day. I have missed chatting lately. Speaking of that, didn't you guys used to do a chat?
Old 02-13-2006, 12:44 PM   #370  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

yes we did! Let's re-institute the chat - that would be fun - there is a 3fc chat room and I think we picked a specific night and time where we would all 'meet' there and chat - there is a way to create a unique chat room for a specific group!

Anyone else interested? If so let's get some suggestions re day of the week and time (and remember those time zones!)

Frouf
Old 02-13-2006, 03:36 PM   #371  
Melissa

I think it would be fun. I never got to participate before. Wednesday nights around 8 would be pretty good for me. I think it was on Wednesdays before.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:39 PM   #372  
focused and aiming

good morning. i can't believe i didn't make it here yesterday. i thought i had. guess i'm having old-timers'. we visited some friends yesterday then stayed glued to the olympics. we were shocked at bode miller and daren changing skis the day before the competition. then at bode for being out drinking the night before. we are thinking alcohol--apathy was his main problem during the competition. alcohol has a way of making people not care as much. maybe that's why he lost those .4 sec at the end. he just let up.

melissa, i am glad you and aaron had your meeting about your loan. vickie's right. starter homes are the way to go. you can build up from there. thank you for understanding about the tournament. you are a good friend.

vickie, i hope the fragments are passing you by. you already sound like you're feeling better. i hope kathy can get to chicago, too. curtis and i are very focused (maybe too focused) when we're at a tournament. we hardly do anything but eat, sleep, and archery when we're at one. it's sort of like being at work i guess. melissa doesn't live at louisville. she and aaron would have to travel quite a ways to be there so i don't think they'd want to come watch us shoot. sometimes watching folks shoot is like watching paint dry. however, i can do it all day. i also like to watch people bowl or play tennis. guess i'm a professional bleacher potato.

mary ann, welcome to the group. it's so good to have you join us. good success to you with core. we'll be watching to see your progress.

judy, i'm dusting off, too. we can do this!!

linda, what a great surprise to see your post! i hope you have everything back to normal since wilma, and i pray this season is easier on all of you. thank you for the ww core update. i have been wondering if some new foods had been added. if you get time, would you post us a couple of recipes? hint hint

patti, i am so sorry the mill is closing. you're right. it's not easy to find work when we get to this time of our lives. congratulations on getting back to walking. maybe dh can join you if he's at home. that might help his spirits.

kathy, sounds like you had fun at macaroni grill. guess what. we have company coming tomorrow from grandview. they'll just be here overnight but it will be wonderful to see them. sort of a slice of home.

coco, you are amazingly impressive, girl!! i am so proud of you for taking your diet bread and cheese. i'm sure you'll have a good wi this week after all the good decisions you're making. you go, girl!

saundra, you poor thing. i am so sorry you got injured but am glad you got taken care of promptly. hope you're not in too much pain.

linda, i just saw your post about being 7 lbs below goal. amazing!! i am very happy for you.

angela, i'm struggling, too. i am trying to eat more carbs cuz of shooting. it is hard to control, though.

coco, thank you for asking about my shooting. i shot really well fri/sat. we took yesterday off and shot this am. i wasn't up to par but will do some blank baling this afternoon. we have less than a month now before the first championship. i'm getting excited. :: :; :; for wi tonight.

frouf, your meal out saturday sounds delish! i remember your wanting to get a new coffeemaker. sounds like you got a good one. have you decided on a dishes pattern yet? funky might be fun.

i might be able to chat. let us know when it's set up for chickie talk. of course, ya'll know i don't talk about much other than diet and archery. i might bore you.

vickie, :: :: :: for a good wi.
i need to get off here and do some treading and biking. i'll catch ya'll later.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:40 PM   #373  
focused and aiming

we will prob be gone on wed nights shooting league. ya'll don't talk about me.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:19 PM   #374  
Melissa

Oh, well that was just a suggestion. We don't have to do Wednesdays! We could even choose a different night each week or something. Just a thought. Sandra, it sounds like you are doing well. That's good to hear. I would love to see you shoot, I think it would be so interesting. But we do live about 2 hours away. Are you still going to WW? You haven't mentioned it lately.
Hey, where is Vickie? She never came back to report.
Just a little while longer here then I am off to class. Woo-hoo!
Hope everyone has a great night.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:52 PM   #375  
focused and aiming

melissa, i haven't been to ww in 2 weeks. i am not planning to go back till the end of march. i have to admit i'm not being content to "not lose" right now. i am trying to eat within pts now but am still eating more carbs. i'm floundering. i knew you lived pretty far away from louisville. whatever night (or nights) ya'll decide for chatting are fine with me. i'll hop in when i can.
Closed Thread