Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 09:08 AM   #121  
Melissa

You know I think that it is actually possible for me to reach my goal. Wouldn't that be something!
Old 10-17-2005, 07:17 PM   #122  
focused and aiming

life is good, melissa!!!
Old 10-17-2005, 07:41 PM   #123  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Melissa, you can do it! Yay! I hope to lose a pound this week. My WI is Wednesday and I've got my fingers crossed. Went walking on a boardwalk this morning with a friend and it was very enjoyable. Good luck everybody!
Judy Itry
234.6/209.4/thinner
Old 10-17-2005, 11:01 PM   #124  
focused and aiming

i have been doing exceedingly well except for a big blip tonight. i'll be back on track tomorrow. still not weighing till halloween.

you're doing great, girls.!
Old 10-18-2005, 10:56 AM   #125  
Chick

Hi Halloweeners,
Sandra, so great that you've been doing extremely well (you've got the blip under control). I admire the fact that you can stay off the scale. I find myself waking up at night and I even weigh myself then! Not at all smart for a million reasons, but for one I weigh more at night. Ugh!
My official WI is tomorrow and I'm hoping to be down at least a pound. At home it looks like almost two pounds, but I've got some eating challenges today and I will have to think hard about which I want more: food or getting thinner.
Everybody have a great day and thanks for starting this challenge.
Judy Itry
234.6/209.4/thinner into onederland
Old 10-18-2005, 12:42 PM   #126  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itryharder
I will have to think hard about which I want more: food or getting thinner.
Boy, isn't that the truth! I need to think about this constantly!
Old 10-18-2005, 12:49 PM   #127  
Southside White Sox Fan

This is a meal to meal, day by day decision for all of us, I imagine!

Remember it's a marthon not a sprint!
Old 10-18-2005, 02:19 PM   #128  
focused and aiming

how true. we met friends last evening for a bday celebration. i planned for it but went overboard. the odd thing is i don't feel heavier today. i did feel bloated from water retention but my clothes are still fitting better.

am i fooling myself? i hope not, but i'm still not stepping on those scales to find out.

tonight we're going out for coffee with friends after a meeting. i am planning to just have hot tea. i can do that. i've done it before. last night was a special event--and it's over.

i love this I will have to think hard about which I want more: food or getting thinner. sure makes you think. thank you, judy.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:05 PM   #129  
Chick

Hi Halloweeners,
Great news today! MY official WW's WI saw me lose 2.6# this week bringing my total for this challenge to 6.6#. If I'm really careful this week, I can meet my challenge of losing 7# by Halloween. Good luck to everybody. I have to concentrate on water and exercise and *food*.
Judy Itry
234.6/206.8/thinner into onederland
Old 10-19-2005, 01:31 PM   #130  
Melissa

Judy! That is so great! You are definitely an inspiration.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:30 PM   #131  
Chick

Thanks Melissa,
I'm working very hard at this and I appreciate your smilies. They make me laugh big time.
Judy Itry
234.6/206.8/thinner into onederland
Old 10-19-2005, 04:16 PM   #132  
Melissa

Judy, your comment makes me wonder "Am I working hard at this?" I think the answer for me would have to be no right now. I'm working, but not hard. Something to think about.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:37 PM   #133  
focused and aiming

congratulations, judy. melissa, again we're alike. judy, we are so proud of you. now will you kick us or something to get us motivated?
Old 10-20-2005, 10:16 AM   #134  
Chick

Hi Halloweeners,
Thanks for your smilies and kind words. I am very excited about what I'm doing right now, but it wasn't always so. I yo-yoed for almost four years *while* I was attending WW mtgs. A less stubborn person might have given up completly, but I saw my sisters gaining large amounts of weight and at 217# or so I couldn't afford to gain an ounce! So, what changed? All I know is I kept on taking baby steps and going through the mechanics of WW's. Then I read a book called Solution: Never Diet Again. It helped me to see that I was responding to lots of emotional and stressful triggers by eating. The food might have been OP, but it was still too much food for me. Also I hated to exercise and let months go by without doing any. The change for me now is that when I get a trigger to eat, I think about it and decide if I'm hungry. If I'm hungry, I eat something on Core. If I'm not hungry I drink a glass of water and try to distract myself. My aim after the New Year is to figure out why I'm getting all these signals to eat, and work on my inner peace. But for now, it's lovely knowing all you Halloweeners and thanks for your support and I hope I can help you get motivated even a tiny bit by sharing my story.
Judy Itry
234.6/206.8/thinner
Old 10-20-2005, 01:16 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Hey halloweeners:

I lost 4.8 lbs. in 2 weeks, but doing what? Following plan and exercising. Imagine that! Who would have thought that if you actually stick to it; it works. The next week I lost .6, but TOM and practically no exercise., then this week it was 1.8 - so I think I can make my Halloween challenge; I just have to make sure I journal and exercise. Good luck to everyone ! You can do it too!

Lisa
Closed Thread