Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 10:48 AM   #76  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Halloweeners,
Meslissa, that's so funny. I love the idea of walking in a winter onederland. Thanks so much. I can invision that. As far as dreaming of being in a size 12, isn't that what dreams are for? Sure you can do it.
Everybody keep on keepin' on. Onward and downward.
Judy
Old 10-03-2005, 03:42 PM   #77  
focused and aiming

you betcha', judy. let's keep on going.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:40 AM   #78  
Chick

Sandra and Melissa,
Great going! Yesterday was my birthday and it was a good one. At first I was going to severely limit my food intake since I had had dinner out Saturday night and it showed big time on my scale. As the day went on, I got some sense, decided to use all my remaining points for the week (I weigh in on Weds.) on a birthday dinner, did that, enjoyed some cake, and the scale this morning was fine!!!!! So, I hope I intend to keep this going right through Weds. WI, see good results and keep on keepin' on to our original Halloween night goal. Good luck to us all.
Itry
Old 10-04-2005, 11:49 AM   #79  
Melissa

Judy, Happy Belated Birthday! I think it sounds like you had fun and that's important.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:18 PM   #80  
focused and aiming

judy, happy birthday!!!

congratulations on making wise choices. you're working the plan very well.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:58 PM   #81  
Chick

Sandra and Melissa,
Thanks for such cute birthday messages. I'm doing my darndest to be successful through all the challenges I face. First I'm grateful for what I have, second I'm trying to have a more adult attitude toward food. Right now I am struggling with wanting to eat more even though I'm not hungry. I just had some popcorn and now I'll have a cup of tea. I think this is all about being worried about what I'll weigh tomorrow at my WI. Silly because I know I'll be down from last week. However, I set a goal of losing 2+ # this week and that goal was too high. I've got to remember that this is a slow process and that the weight is coming off.

Good luck to us all! and thanks again for the happy birthday messages!!!!!
Judy Itry
234.6/211.8/thinner into onederland
Old 10-04-2005, 08:03 PM   #82  
focused and aiming

judy, you're a smart woman. i never thought of dieting as an "adult attitude." i like that. you're right 2# is a lot for one week. let's just do what we can and try to relax and go with the flow. (easy to say, eh?)
Old 10-05-2005, 12:18 PM   #83  
Chick

Hi Halloweeners,
Sandra, Thanks for the encouragement of doing what I can and going with the flow. It's wise to do that. I think what threw me was the fact that last week I gained .6# and it broke weeks of losing weight and it probably scared me a little. However, although I didn't make my goal of losing 2+# this week, I did lose 1.8#. Yay!! I am down to 210# and onederland seems possible. Luckily I don't have a lot of food challenges this week and I plan on going with the flow as much as I can.

Good luck to everyone!!!
Judy
234.6#/210#/thinner into onederland
Old 10-05-2005, 12:20 PM   #84  
Melissa

Judy!! That is a GREAT loss!
Old 10-05-2005, 05:09 PM   #85  
focused and aiming

judy girl, i am impressed. it's not easy to keep your head in the gain when you've had a setback. you are one amazing woman.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:05 PM   #86  
Chick

I am very excited. If I lose 3 1/2# in the next three weeks, I'll make my goal of 7# down for the Halloween Challenge. My leader reminded us tonight that now we have 12 weeks until the New Year. If we aim for a pound a week, we'll be much thinner when we ring in the New Year. I like that kind of thinking. We can do this! How are you guys doing?
Judy Onward and Downward
Old 10-05-2005, 07:31 PM   #87  
focused and aiming

judy, i lost over 3 lbs a couple of weeks ago but i'm right at what i weighed earlier this summer. i had a short hiatus on the wendie plan but have been back on core for 5 days now. sometimes i think i'm going in circles. seems i keep winding up at 191 or thereabouts. i'm hoping to break into the 180's very soon.

i like your idea of 1 lb per week till new year's. that sounds easy, doesn't it? you'd think i could do it.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:28 AM   #88  
Chick

Hi Halloweeners,
Sandra, thanks for letting me know where you are. I saw the discussion about the Wendie Core Plan and I wasn't quite sure how I could incorporate that into my lifestyle, so I let it go by this time. I guess the stuff about getting the weight off is the cliche, "It's simple but not easy." I know beating myself up over weight gain in counterproductive and lots of times when I am successful I find ways to sabotage myself, so I have to be very careful about now. I know you'll break into the 180's if you keep on keepin' on. Good luck.
Itry
234.5/210/thinner into onederland
Old 10-06-2005, 12:16 PM   #89  
focused and aiming

thanks, judy. do you ever feel like your body's fighting you? seems that when i start to do some losing i either get weak or i start hurting somewhere (feet mostly). i'm going to try to just keep on here regardless. oh well, life is good.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:47 PM   #90  
Melissa

I'm not doing very well with my Halloween goal. I'm hoping that in this next week I will be less busy and can get lots more exercise in. At this point I would be happy just to reach the 180's by Halloween (anyone tired of me trying to get to the 180's? I am!).
Closed Thread