Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 10:28 AM   #166  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rita, it's always nice to wake up and see your early morning post! Chaille jump into the fray anytime! Since you guys work together, I'm sure that you're up early too.

Nothing much new from me since last night but I did get some good rest. I have the nerve to still be tired but it was a stressful day yesterday and stress always makes me feel tired. So for those of you who feel tired all the time, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out that stress is what is making you so tired (unless you're just not getting to bed early enough!). Anyway......

Rita, garlic and pork in the same sentence have me begging for a taste! I grew up on all kinds of pork but especially garlic pork roasts. Jim loves pork chops but doesn't like the roasts much because he says they look grey. We do ours in the Showtime Rotisserie. He'll eat them occasionally and I think it will be soon. Your Mom sounds like she's an amazing cook like mine was. That's part of how I got to 307 pounds! Rita, I don't know how you and Chaille do it. I would be brokenhearted all the time to hear the stories of kids that you care about who get into trouble again. It takes special people to be Teachers especially those who teach children with special needs or issues.

Angela, I've never seen a handmade rag rug before. Your SIL will probably feel the love every time she looks at it. I just can't get over what a wonderful gesture this is. I hope you get the rain and then send it down I 80 to me! We are right off of I 80 at Route 45. We really need it too. I think we lost all of the lawn in our back yard. Cassie (my Scottie) and Jim walk on it at leat 5 or 6 times a day. It was dormant but I've heard that if you walk on dormant grass, it dies. So another expense for Spring. I'll probably be replacing a lot of landscaping too. They had almost total watering bans here since about the first of July. Oh Well!

Melissa, congratulations on your NSV at the coffee shop. This was one of the hardest things for me to avoid which was not indulging when everyone else was. I've actually lost a few "friends" since I wouldn't eat badly with them. I've convinced most of them that my company hasn't changed, just what I'm eating. You were proud of yourself and you should be. Every meal, every snack, is another decision to be made. I hope you have a great Core day. The good weigh in is made up of good decisions about 35-40 times a week!

Sandra, I cannot wait to try the cobbler. I have frozen peaches and frozen pitted cherries from the Farmers Market. I made a cobbler once with steel cut oats and Jim didn't like it because the oats were too chewy. Your recipe sounds better. Your granola would probably taste great on it. I can't make your granola because I know I would eat it at one sitting until it was gone. Can you say RED LIGHT!!!! I like my tea sweet too. Regular tea has to have a lot of milk and a lot of splenda. Even flavored or herbal teas at least need splenda. I might be the only person in the world who puts splenda in her chammomile tea! What can I say. I'm a sweet addict. I used to drink my coffee that way too but now I drink it black.

Well, it's time for me to go eat breakfast. Today is my first day with the WATP tapes. I resolve to finish it. When I do, I'll report it as a NSV. Hope you all have a fun day. I plan to swim later if the weather cooperates.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:54 AM   #167  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning. Still not doing well; I stayed home yesterday and didn't even turn on the computer until last night. I read to stay caught up, but didn't feel like posting. Still don't, but here I am. I'm just so darned stressed out that my body is shutting down. I can't sleep but can't wake up either. Everything hurts, my heart is pounding, my muscles ache, I'm foggy and can't think straight ... okay enough about that. Maybe I can get into the doctor tomorrow or Friday but I don't know what I'll tell him. Well, except for all of the above, which are more like complaints than symptoms. Perhaps he'll put me back on some sort of anti-depressant.

I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:49 AM   #168  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kath, to you from all of us. I hope the Doctor has some good advice or medicine that will help you through this stressful crisis. I've been thinking about you alot and wish you well. I'd give the Doctor the whole story and not worry about whether or not they are complaints or symptoms. He'll need to know all of how you are so he can come up with the best course of action. I'm sad to hear you so depressed but sometimes life just kicks you when you are down. You're a strong and wonderful lady with a very very big heart. Don't forget that!
Old 08-10-2005, 12:12 PM   #169  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Kathy - I am also sending hugs and good wishes your way. I know how upset we can be when everything is looking bleak. You definitely need to go to the dr and address all the issues that are upsetting you. I hope you will take good care of yourself and get thru this!

Rita - sorry to hear about the heartbreak for those kids - like Vickie - I would be so upset at what was going on - you are a special lady to be able to help and deal with those kids!

Oh ya - and we've all heard that expression "the early bird catches the potatoes" - what's up w/your dh anyways?

Sandra - as for the cobbler - remember that basket of peaches I bought the other day - well only half a basket left - boy are those fresh peaches good - so I might just pick up some frozen berry mix for the cobbler recipe and be done with it - then no thinking (or slicing or peeling required?).

Melissa - way to go at the coffee place! I am extremely impressed and very proud of your choice - you know it will pay off in the end!

Vickie - good luck w/the WATP tapes - let us know how you do! Very hot here today as well - expecting big thunderstorms late today and cooler tomorrow (yippee!)

Angela - I bet that your bil's place will look amazing once you're done with it - I can hear your excitement about this fabulous project! Hope you can post pics when you're done!

I am feeling completely CRAPPY TODAY - I od'd on peaches and pita chips last night (was into the letter P I guess cuz I really wanted potato chips - ha ha ha - but found some baked pita chips instead!!!). Of course I went to bed much too late (good movie on from 9-11) so had a heck of a time getting out of bed this morning....plus these nasty gas pains in my tummy did not help! (pita chips? or 2 cobs of corn w/dinner?).

Finally dragged myself out of bed and showered and got to work by 9 - but all I could think of when I looked in the mirror was The Incredible Hulk - like really bad talk in my head. Of course this bad frame of mind does not create good choices so on the way up to my office as I was late I did stop to pick up a coffee and BIG JUICY CINAMMON BUN for breakfast - so now I feel even worse than before (and it sure didn't help the tummyache!).

One of two things - I am just too damn depressed or it's the DREADED MFT - this is a prime example of plain tiredness and despondency - I just sometimes don't seem to care anymore - don't want to work or do anything - just eat and sleep (or are these symptoms of depression?).

I just want to go away somewhere and sit and do nothing (maybe near a lake for a good view?)...what is wrong with me? Is this it?

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 08-10-2005 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:33 PM   #170  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sounds like a lot of tiredness from stress and/or depression going around. I recommend you all do something to feed your souls instead of your tummys! Eating bad food is only a temporary fix and isn't probably what you really want/need. Maybe it's time for just YOU time. Go do it, Frouf. Take a book and go. Life is too short. Have a great healthy lunch, tell you boss you're sick and head off to a great spot that will feed your soul and not your tummy. This is me not on a soapbox. I've just got 30 plus years of working fulltime with a 3 hour round trip commute under my belt. I suffered and ate for many years because I felt I couldn't/shouldn't take time to take care of myself. Hope I can help you all take care of yourselves. Well.....maybe I am on just a tiny soap box! I'm off now.

Gotta go do my tapes now that my breakfast has digested.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:54 PM   #171  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hello....hello....hello...is anybody out there?

I'm off to swim. It may be the last day this week. I did my WATP tape today and am feeling like a success.

Hope you are all well. I'll be back after cornmeal chicken.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:19 PM   #172  

Frouf, I know what you're feeling. I left work at noon today and just came home and sat. I did call the doctor but they couldn't see me until next Tuesday, so I'm going into their after hours clinic at 7:30 tonight. It's a first come, first served situation but they said usually around 7:30 it has cleared out some. Other than that, I have no interest in anything but sitting or sleeping. Don't want to work or cook or clean or drive or talk to people.

Thanks for the pep talk, Vickie.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:48 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Kathy - you haven't been sleeping well; I know that if I don't get my rest, I get really depressed and irritable. My DD's therapist said if she has problems falling asleep it is okay for me to give her a benadryl once in while. Also, I know your DH has a snoring problem, have you tried ear plugs?? My BIL's wife must wear them every night or she doesn't sleep either. Just a thought.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:23 PM   #174  

Talking Lordy, I talk alot!!

Hi All! Once again it was a really rough day at work! That's ok, that's all part of it! I am getting that pre-weigh anxiety. I'm sure you all know how it can be when you have had a good weight all week, then for some unknown reason when you actually weigh, you are up

I tried to eat a light supper and it was difficult cause it was really good Vickie, you are right about my Mom being a good cook. My Daddy was really big, my brother is overweight, my dh weighed 185 pounds 10 years ago when we got married and got up to 230 before we started ww. She likes variety and cooks enough for an Army! She has printed out a 4 inch binder full of recipes in plastic sheet protectors, from Food TV (Emeril, Paula, Rachel, she loves everyone but Bobby Flay and Mario) along with a bookcase full of cookbooks. She, of course, is 4' 10" tall and weighs a little over 100 pounds Nobody believes she is such a food pusher!

Vickie, I appreciate you sweet comment about my morning post. Believe it or not I actually call Chaille' every morning about 7 to make sure she is up & about! She is way better at it now than she used to be, but she is not an early riser I love my kids at work. I guess you have to stay focused on the kids who are with us and remember those who are successful when they leave. One of my kids called a couple of weeks ago. He was a foster child living in a group home before he came to us. He is now attending a community college, living in his own apartment and has a part-time job He said he will invite me to his graduation from college! He did tell me he was lonely, he had friends, but no family. I told him he could call me and we would "family" him! Kids like him keep you hoping for the others! Can you tell I love my job???

I am so proud of you Vickie. I know you will have a good week. You are exercising twice a day and eating right. I think you are right about the stress making you tired. I go to bed around 10 and I am exhausted right now! The thyroid thing everyone was talking about....I take synthroid because I am hypothyroid. I figured I was gonna be skinny, have full luxurious hair, smooth skin and remember everything once I started on medication. I think I don't look as tired, but I am still tired, the only reason I am losing weight is because I am dieting. I didn't start taking medicine and just start dropping pounds (It would have been nice though ) I actually didn't realize I had a problem, just thought I was getting old and was having normal old age symptomsn and it turns out that was probably a lot of the problem!

Kathy, Hope you got into the doctor. Symptoms, complaints whatever you need some help! That is actually what got me to the doctor when I found out about my thyroid problem, I felt like I was going crazy. Periods of serious depression and then times of really manic kind of things. This has actually leveled out some since I have been taking the synthroid and the Buspar for the anxiety. Maybe they can give you something to help.

Frouf, DH wasn't taking any chances today. He was waiting in the living room when I got home with the food He did tell Mamma on me, she laughed her head off! My brother pointed out this evening when I picked up supper that he had put 2 extra potatoes in with our supper just in case! Don't let stress & despondency get you down. Yes, those are symptoms of depression. You have been doing so good at resisting the sugar monster. Just because you slipped doesn't mean you've got to wallow around in it! Start Fresh! I know you can do it!

I am trying to drink water. I have had 2 glasses since I have been home. Kept meaning to get some at work, never got around to it. I am definitely gonna do it in the morning! I am gonna go refill my glass
Old 08-10-2005, 08:25 PM   #175  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Kath, hang in there. I hope you get some help tonight.

Rita, I'm sorry you had a crazy day but you do seem to be in a great place. You should be very proud of your water progress. I don't like it either and have to force myself to drink it. I love your trick from the NSV thread. I do stuff like that too. No dessert until I drink a glass of water, etc. Great idea! I guess we won't hear from Chaille in the morning, huh?! I'm not a morning person either. I can type to you all earlier than I can talk in person. Kinda funny.

Well, I just popped in because I'm cooking. I know, 7:30 is late to eat dinner but oh well. We don't do it all the time. I had to swim!

Talk to you all later.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:40 PM   #176  

There was WINE in the roast?!?! It was very tasty!

I'm lurking!
Old 08-10-2005, 08:48 PM   #177  

Chaille, I'm so excited! Your first post

Yall are gonna love Chaille' she is much sweeter than me!
Old 08-10-2005, 08:58 PM   #178  
focused and aiming

hi, girlfriends. it's been a long, wonderful day. we spent most of the afternoon at the fair with the grands. there was temptation on every corner. my only splurge was a regular diet coke. (i normally drink caffeine free diet coke) i am sooooo proud of myself. tomorrow's wi. i hope this pays off. if not--oh, well--life goes on and the sun will continue to come up in the east and set in the west.

rita, i find that i'm hungrier for popcorn right before wi. do you think it's cuz i know i don't need to eat it then? i wi on thurs pm. what time do you wi?

vickie, i'm a sweets addict, too. i put splenda in my tea no matter what flavor. i was a little worried about having that granola around, but so far i've done all right with it. i hope tomorrow's less stressful for you. yep, stress makes me tired, too. i used to think (and maybe i still do) that that was because stress is hard on the heart. my cardiologist said even good stress is hard on our hearts cuz our hearts don't know the difference between good and bad stress. i thought that was interesting.

kathy, i am sorry you're so down, but i am glad to see you here. we all need to be "picked up" every now and then. did you get some mail from me? just wondering.

frouf, i honestly don't know how peach cobbler would be with the fuzz left on. might tickle you going down. there's nothing wrong with you. just sounds like another pity party. i should know. i've had quite a few lately. " i am tired of being fat. i love to eat sweets. i love to eat snacks. i love to eat big meals. i love to eat period. i want to be slim." (i've had a big party.)

vickie, good advice. thank you, dear friend.

hi there, chaille.

got to go chug some water. i'll be back later.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:16 PM   #179  

Sandra, I am so embarrassed. I meant to tell you thanks so much for the sweet gift! I totally forgot. But thank you so much! It is really, really good! (For all you others, the meanie sent me some CANDY! And I'm eating it!)

And Melissa, thank you for the card the other day. It was really nice to know that someone is thinking of me.

As you all are, and I'm aware of it. Thanks for the solid encouragement and well wishes.

I went to the doctor and got Lunestra and Lexapro. Unfortunately there is no generic for either one, so they will sorta pretty expensive co-pays. That only compounds the anxiety. DS called today saying he had no money and no gas, so after work he came over and I went with him to fill up his car. But whatever ... it'll be okay.

I was 157 at the dr. office. I asked what I weighed last time I was there (May) and it was 152.2. That was a little upsetting and I wanted to cry. Blood pressure was 125/85, which was a teeny bit up but I'm out of the BP medicine and decided a few months ago not to take it anymore. I'm supposed to go for a follow-up in 2 weeks and if it's still up, maybe they'll give me something. But seeing how it's been much higher in the past (150-160/100-110 last summer), this reading today was tolerable.

I'll have to go to work tomorrow. Now I'm really behind, which doesn't make things any better. Plus, I'm just about out of all my sick/vacation time and I have vacation in December that will be unpaid. Right before Christmas, too. Lovely thought, huh?

I'm going to go sit and color now. I got a new Dora book but my crayons are crappy. Maybe I'll call and get DD to pick up some new ones when she gets my Rx's. Night all.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:24 PM   #180  

Kathy, I'm glad you got some meds. I know what you mean about the cost. Nexium is the same way ($50.00 with insurance). BUT, if it helps it is worth every penny! You have got to take care of yourself if you plan on being able to help anyone else. Things have a way of working out. Don't freak about your weight, it probably wasn't this late in the evening when you went to the doctor last time. Please know that we are all concerned about you and sending you the best vibes we can! Hopefully, the lunestra will help you get some rest!
Closed Thread