Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 07:10 PM   #241  
Melissa

Hey chicks! I am pooped. I didn't really do much with the making of the grape jelly...my mother and grandmother had already started when I got there. We also made a few jars of grape juice and a jug of wine which looked really nasty to me. Anyway, we visited all day and it has been tiring! But fun.
I have eaten really terribly today, but I'm not worrying about it too much. It's Saturday.

Sandra, I bought my No Pudge treats at Kroger (you probably don't have those there) but I have also seen them at Wal-Mart. Good job for doing that WATP tape today. I have those too and haven't done them for awhile. You and Vickie are making me consider them again.

Vickie, I do love to cook, it's just that I don't like to do it after coming home from work in the evening. If I had a little more time, I would love to do more cooking. I hope that you enjoy your coreiffic dinner tonight.

Kathy, it just breaks my heart to hear how down you are. I hope that you are getting lots of rest and taking care of yourself--body, mind, and spirit.

Angela, your comments are inspiring.

Hi Rose B!

I've got to do some laundry and picking up around the house. Being gone all day on Saturday puts me behind, and we are going to be busy ALL day tomorrow too. At least I have Monday off!!
Old 08-13-2005, 07:24 PM   #242  

Smile

Hi everyone-- I'm new! My dear friend "notnew2this" invited me to join you chickies. I look forward to getting to know all of you. I've read your bios and I see I have a lot in common with you. I'm brushing myself off and getting back on the weight loss journey. I have about 30-35 lbs to lose.

I will hop on over to profiles and post about myself. Hi to Roseb!

ciaolbs aka Vicki B. (I see there is another Vickie on the board and we were born in the same year!!!)
Old 08-13-2005, 07:47 PM   #243  
Melissa

Hello Vicki! We're glad to have you. Sandra has become our recruiter! We look forward to getting to know you. We need all of the help we can get.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:52 PM   #244  
Melissa

Vickie, I looked and searched...but I can't find the post where you told me the way to boil eggs?? (everyone else now thinks I'm crazy...well they probably already did )
Do you remember what I am talking about? You said there was a secret to perfectly boiled eggs...and I can't remember! If you will tell me again I will save it this time. Thank you!
Old 08-13-2005, 08:11 PM   #245  
focused and aiming

vickie, i hadn't heard about the frogs, but i am a texas christian university horned frog. do i count? have fun tonight.

roseb, it's great to see you here. i just got an e from betty. she's going to join us, too. our frouf is the one from ottawa. you're going to love her. she's a jewel. have fun at the cottage.

everyone, roseb's 50th wedding anniversary is coming up the 19th.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:17 PM   #246  
focused and aiming

roseb, why don't you sign with your first name? most of us do.

melissa, i missed you today. did you make some sugar free jelly? just wondering. i'll keep doing the watp tapes but on days we'll be shooting, i'll have to do them later. they left my arms to limp to draw a bow.

hi there vicki! i'm glad you decided to come on today. you're going to love it here. i can't tell you how much everyone here is helping me. this is a fantastic place.

i think vickie said to bring the water to a boil with the eggs in it. let them boil for 10 minutes. remove from stove and run water over them for 1 minute. am i right, vickie?

i'm glad you two vickies/vickis spell your names differently.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:44 PM   #247  

ok, but I am Donna and my second name is Rose. lol Hi Vicki, nice to see you here also. Hey Sandra, now they know I am an old lady, Yep 50 years on the 19th of Aug. my how time does fly.
Betty also, that is great. Betty and I have got together and we are planning another get together for the Fall I hope.
We spend a lot of time at the cottage but I wanted to say hello to you all before I leave again, right after the Anniversary party. You all are invited (in Spirit), dress pretty now. lol I told my friends today when we were out for coffee that I had a big group of cyber friends coming to the party. They looked at me like I had lost it when I said they are coming from all over the States and Canada.
Anyways I will pop in once in a while but will not post on a regular basis until we close the cottage. Hey, they tell us that it is going to be warm right up until Oct. and maybe past. Happy days, I love the heat.
Blue Skies,
Donna R. B.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:15 PM   #248  

Hi Everyone! Sandra invited me to join this board. I used to post here in '97 when I first got a computer. Guess I've been trying to lose weight ever since. In that time I'm sure I've lost over a hundred pounds, but most of it found it's way home. Anyway, I've picked myself up again and dusted myself off and I'm back doing Core this time around. I figure as long as I never give up, I'm a success.

I look forward to getting to know you all better.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:18 PM   #249  

Welcome Donna & Vicki Glad yall will be joining us! Sandra is such a sweetie!

Yall have been really talking today! I took my mother to Sam's and Walmart. It is an all day kind of trip for us, as it is an hour each way. We ate at Ruby Tuesday's. It was so HOT It was really just about unbearable. I got the salad bar with 1000 island on the side. They did have the fudge bar things at Walmart, but I didn't take an ice chest for the ride home.

My brother found the BEST cheddar cheese. Vermont 75% reduced fat cheddar. It taste like real cheddar, comes in a block. I made a canadian bacon & cheddar omelet for supper with grits. Wow!! 1 point for an ounce (makes a lot grated)

Angela, WOW, Inspiration!!!

Melissa, There is a show on FoodTV, "How to Boil Water"

Sandra, It is great that your friends are joining us! I am proud of you for doing the WATP tape. I know what you mean about your arms. I thought mine would fall off doing the warm-up for the belly dancing!

Vickie, Sounds like you are mixing things up a bit with your food. That is a great idea! What do you have in your Core notebook???

Kathy, Sounds like you are still stressing. Please eat, whether you are hungry or not. You have got to take of yourself! Younguns will make us insane, then do their best to make sure we stay that way! I think they believe that is their purpose in life! Hope you get some better rest soon.

I'll see yall later!
Old 08-13-2005, 09:39 PM   #250  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

It's me, it's me - I'm in Ottawa - just a hop, skip and jump away from Constance Bay! So is he in the government or hi tech?? Welcome back Rose!...or donna or donna rose or donna roseb

Special welcome to the other Vicki with an I and brinky - nice to have you aboard! (pun intended)

Vickie - wish I had a good sleep like you - but I did go to bed around midnight and slept til around 8:30 which was pretty good.

Angela - great work on only eating 2 cookies - I am one of those raw cookie dough eaters so by the time the cookies get on the pan I have already had a few too many!

Kathy - don't fret about ds too much - he's a big boy - just let it go and take care of yourself right now - that's most important! But I sure know how worrying about kids can get you down!

Sandra - or whoever - let me know once you make that cake - re the taste and pans and all other fine details! Sounds yummy.

I have also stocked up on the sf popsicles - too bad dd is eating all of them!

Now - this morning I wake up and I am pondering and pondering and thinking about that CRUISE - you know that GREAT BARGAIN ONE (the one I told my ex about and he is now going with 19 yr old ds?). Well I just want to go, and I know dd was upset sh wasn't going - so I discussed w/dh wondering how he would feel if I went w/dd - leaving him and little ds at home?

He was barely fazed by this - mostly concerned about feeding himself and ds! (I did mention fruit and veggies MUST be on the menu every day!). Ds will be at sitter's anyways so it's just evenings which he is used to.

So with his blessing I began to do major research on the net, found the same cruise (I'm going out of Galveston kathy so will try and pick you up on the way - ha ha ha) on several cruise sites - same price (of course I need to ensure I am getting a great deal). Then off to check airfares (probably gong via Detroit). So far all looks good

Then the BIG TALK w/dd about THE RULES! - like you must register and participate in at least ONE activity at the Teen Club (no I just want to stay w/you - ya right), no wearing ALL BLACK every night, NO JEANS, must bring a dress to wear on formal night, NO WHINING, reminder about behaviour at dinner tables (you mean I have to sit with and talk to other people?), use of sunscreen, no drinking/smoking or any illegal activities and under NO CIRCUMSTANCES to ever go into anyone's cabin. She did agree and I made her initial the paper with the rules on it! (I know I am insane).

Now - here's the clincher - as you know her dad (my ex) and brother are going and she thinks this is hysterical - esp when i told her let's not say anything and see what happens! I know ds will be thrilled that I am around ( for $$ of course), dd will also like being able to be with her dad. We do get along, basically, but of course I am assuming w/2000 others on the ship I can make myself scarce! I do absolutely do not want to, or intend to hang out with the ex - yucky poo. Of course I intend to bring a few good books with me and simply relax as much as possible with a beautiful ocean view. It seems we may also be on the same plane/airline (given the flight times are good and it's the cheapest fare). Can't wait to see their faces!

Not sure how long we can keep the secret. The funniest thing is I would normally have to get the ex to sign a notarized letter allowing me to travel w/dd (as I have in the past). This of course crossed my mind, in which case he would have to know - but then I realized if he's on the same ship and at the same airport - he can obviously speak for himself? Not sure how this will play out in the end but I am thinking on it.

All to say nothing booked so far as I do like to research on the net, but prefer dealing with a real live travel agent when it comes to the actual booking. And if you recall a very close friend of mine is a travel agent and I shall be calling her first thing monday morning to see if she can help me out.

This has really helped improve my mood dramatically giving me something to look forward to!...and something to lose weight for! I have been much calmer today w/my eating and much more focussed as I figure I can lose a few more lbs before I go (2 weeks) so my clothes will fit better!

....and no I did not end up going to my meeting due to travel discussions w/dh but I did weigh myself at home and looks like I'm up a lb - but again not fretting too much as I feel much more motivated now that I have this short term goal to work towards! Wish me luck!

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 08-13-2005 at 09:44 PM.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:20 PM   #251  
focused and aiming

good evening, everyone. i'm very excited about vicki, donna, and betty's joining us. i'm hoping we have some others joining us soon.

rita, i just now figured out what kind of fudge bars melissa was talking about. fudgecicles!!!! i had a picture of fudge candy in my head. guess that was a lucy moment for sure. okay, now i know what to look for. i didn't even use the weights when i did the watp. isn't it horrible how out of shape we get? i told curtis i couldn't do that tape before archery sessions. the cheese sounds yummy. i don't think we have that brand up here,though. bummer!

frouf, vickie is making the cake. i finally finished the chocolate cookies. i do have a little icing left over, though. you sound much more motivated and even excited. i am happy for you. i hope everything works out well and ya'll can keep your secret. won't that be a hoot when you get to the airport?

vickie, i'm anxious for a cake update. i hope it turns out good. i'd be surprised if it's as good as "the real thing" but, hopefully, it's a good substitute.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:24 AM   #252  

Default Good Morning Everyone!

I am up once again before the crack of dawn, on the weekend. I long for the days when I could sleep late.

Vickie, I am gonna let you down this morning. I ain't feeling perky.

My back was hurting yesterday and I felt kind of grumpy & depressed. Getting older is such a pain! I don't know about yall, but I shouldn't use the expression TOM because it ain't never a month no more. Maybe 2 weeks, or 3 or 5 or who knows. This time 2 weeks and I am up 2 pounds Oh well I guess at least it is early in the week before weigh in so maybe it will go down before then.

When I went shopping yesterday, my main objective was to get new bras. The old ones are too big now and sliding up in the back and the cups are starting to pucker. At my age that area does enough of that on it's own. Of course, with the heat and everything, I just totally forgot to get bras. I was thinking that I really needed to go shopping again to get them, but I think Chaille' and I are supposed to go in and try to get some work done. I guess I'll see what she feels like doing.

Sandra, I guess you would say I am having the big old pity party! It's probably because I just didn't get enough sleep! Maybe the cheese will come your way too, they just started stocking it at Walmart.

Frouf, Glad you have found something to keep you motivated, even if it is a little devious

Melissa, sounds like you really enjoyed the day with your Grandma and your Mama! Do take some time to try to rest as you can and enjoy your day off tomorrow!

Vickie, I hope you enjoyed your dinner! What day is your weigh in??

I am gonna go read some online comics until my dh gets up to go get my paper. I guess I'll sit here with my and feel grumpy! Hopefully, I'll get a little perkier as the day goes!

Oh yeah, has anyone made the crustless pizza recipe??? I would love to know how that turned out! Hope yall have a great day!
Old 08-14-2005, 07:53 AM   #253  
Melissa

Morning chicks! You guys were busy last night!
I need to get going as I have a very busy day ahead of me, but I just wanted to say hello since I may not get back here at all today. I'm not sure how everything will work out. Hope you all have a beautiful Sunday!
Old 08-14-2005, 11:37 AM   #254  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Good Morning Beauties!

I slept late, ate breakfast and talked to the Niece. She really is like one of my best friends. I talk to her every day. I felt the need to talk to her even though we just saw each other last night. She's only 11 years younger than me so we've always been able to relate. She's going to keep me young. Whenever I started acting old (to her way of mind) she says come on Grannie, knock it off! Pretty funny! We had a great Core meal and had a very nice time. Anyway, I'm late getting on today. I can't stay long because I must treadmill.

Rita, my weigh in is on Monday mornings so I'm trying to take it easy in the food department today. You can't be perky everyday! Everyone is entitled to some grumpiness. I know what you mean about the TOM. Thank God mine hasn't been coming more often. I'm more likely not to get it at all. What does happen is I bloat, I get cramps, I'm starving, I'm crabby (you know the whole PMS thing) and then nothing will happen. I take progesterone 10 days a month so my cycles are still fairly regular. I still have a couple of weeks (I hope!). I guess I must need new bras too. The backs been riding up but I didn't realize that meant they were getting too big. The cups are a little big. I think I'll wait for the next Lane Bryant sale. They make incredible, comfortable bras. I'm in love with the microfiber seamless ones from there. The best part is that they are pretty and come in all different styles, colors, and fabrics. They have a huge sale twice a year but I can't remember when it is. I'll have to ask my Sister. Jim and I LOVE Ruby Tuesday's. Mine has a bottle of olive oil and a bottle of balamic vinagrette on the salad bar. I always bring my own dressing so I haven't tried it yet. It might be better than spending points for dressing? My Core binder is a 2 1/2 inch binder divided into categories like breakfast, lunch, dinner, sides, desserts, soups, salads, etc and contains all the Core recipes that I printed off of the various websites. It includes the ones I've tried with our reviews and I make changes as I tweak them a bit to our tastes. It's kind of fun.

Frouf, I'm SO glad you're planning a trip, especially if that motivates you to get back on and stay on program. I know you are happy when you are losing and have something to look forward to. Good for your DH for giving you the blessing. I don't think you're psycho. Emily needs to know what your expectations are so that later she can't say she didn't know.

Melissa, I hope you have a great Sunday. It sounds busy. Is Aaron enjoying his new job? I use cold water to boil my eggs. Cover egg and bring water to a hard boil. Turn fire down to a gentle to medium boil and set time for 10 minutes. Take immediately off of fire and run under cold water. Voila! Perfect every time with no nasty green rings.

Wow, we are growing! Welcome to Vicki and Brinkb! Are you both doing Core? Can't wait to learn all about you. I hope you both did profiles since it helps us so much! Nice to hear from you Donna and huge congratulations on your 50th! My Sister and BIL are married 47. Quite an accomplishment!

Well, I'm off to treadmill and make grocery lists for the rest of the week. Talk with you all later tonight!
Old 08-14-2005, 11:45 AM   #255  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, you never answered my question about what BCB is.

Linda, your job sounds cool. Are you working fulltime for WW now? Maybe this will help you with the program. I only use plain yogurt in things with a lot of spices or other ingredients. It has a yucky taste to me.
Closed Thread