Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 11:52 AM   #256  

Good Morning, my new friends! It's rainy and gloomy here today but I'm not going to let it dampen my spirits. It is so dry here that the grass is screaming for a good rain. Not too much on my agenda today. I need to do the laundry and ironing. What I really need to do is read the profiles here so I get to know everyone a bit better. This is my second week on Core. I am finding it a little tougher than Week One. I know I can do this and I just have to concentrate a bit harder.

I hope you all are enjoying a peacefu Sunday.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:13 PM   #257  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning, Betty. I just read the new profiles and it is so much fun to get to know our new friends. I think you'll enjoy reading ours since it'll give you an idea where we are all coming from. We are in the middle of a huge drought here in Illinois and finally it's been raining for the last 2 days. As much as I'd like to be in my backyard pool, I'm hating the brown grass! It's been so bad that they've had severe restrictions on watering. I'm pretty sure that I'll have to replace some landscaping in the spring. What's making week two tougher for you? Maybe we can help. Do you like to cook? Maybe we could all share our favorite recipes with you. My picky husband is even eating Core at dinnertime with me! Have a great day!

Vicki, you and I do have ALOT in common. I can't believe that I'm old enough to have a 22 year old child. One thing about not having children is that you are free to remain 20ish in your mind! I love anything from the 70's too and grew up with a miniature Schnauzer! Since I was 17 though, I've had Scottish Terriers. They are one of my obsessions. Can't wait to learn more about you.

Off to the treadmill (for real this time!).
Old 08-14-2005, 12:14 PM   #258  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kath, how are you feeling today?
Old 08-14-2005, 12:17 PM   #259  

Hi everyone and thanks so much for the warm welcome! It's so nice to be here. I have done WW several times before. I last joined in January of this year but developed health problems and stopped going after only a few weeks. I've taken out all my materials that I received then and am re-reading them. I'm going to re-join this week. They have added several new meeting times at my center. I'm going to pop in there tomorrow to see which days/times my old leader is working. I used to go on Fri mornings--it was a great group. I'm hoping she is still leading that meeting.

My 22 year old dd who just graduated from college is living at home and follows the vegan lifestyle. She is a profressional dancer and has the body to die for. She is quite an inspiration. Her discipline is amazing. I know she will be very supportive. My husband is also supportive but he's a snacker who does not have a weight problem. My 19 year old son who is in college and also lives at home has decided to cut out his snacking and workout at the gym more. So.....I have no excuse! I need to get healthy and get this extra weight off!

I'm not sure if I'm going to do Core or Flex Points. My concern about Core is that I will overeat. Do any of you have a problem with that?

Rita: I'm 48 and dealing with the PMS and perimenopause problems. I also have sciatic nerve problem which I developed 3 months ago. I've doing physical therapy for the last few months. Some days I feel pretty good and some days it's awful. On the awful days I get depressed and turn to food! This behavior has got to stop.

Vickie: I boil my eggs the same way. Yep, perfect every time! Must be a "Vickie/Vicki" thing!

Frouf: Your trip sounds great. When do you go?

Sandra: Thanks so much for telling me about this board. It's great!

Betty and Donna: Hi girls--good to see you here!

Have a great day! I'll check in later.

Vicki B.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:28 PM   #260  

Height: 5'7"

Checking in and just wanted to say a big welcome to all new members. Normally I'm more enthusiastic than this, but don't worry, I'll be okay in a few days (hopefully).

A teeny bit better this morning but I'm still wiped out. Maybe I'm getting too much rest. I managed to eat some breakfast but it made me feel a little sick, so I'm not sure about eating for the rest of the day. Yesterday I made two packages of SF jello so I'd have them for work snacks this week; maybe I'll have some for lunch and see how that stays down. Whatever happens, I can NOT take off any more work. Period.

Frouf, our cruise is Dec. 3. When is yours?

No DS again last night, although he did check in for an hour or so yesterday afternoon (long enough to eat). As much as I'd like to treat him as a roommate, I'm trying to run a normal family here. He's treating this like his bachelor pad when actually it's my home, complete with rules, etc. I know he's older but evidently he's not exactly an adult since he's back home ... with me paying the bills. But whatever.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:33 PM   #261  
Southside White Sox Fan

Vicki, there are alot of us here that are comfort food eaters. I'm really forcing myself to stop. I feel good in the moment but then VERY upset once I'm done and have sidetracked my weightloss efforts. I vote Core. I love to feel full and satisfied. On Flex, I made HORRIBLE choices because I was always trying to not give up the comfort foods that I loved. I never ate fruit or milk because I was too busy trying to "afford" pizza and burgers with my points. I was always STARVING on Flex and constantly thinking about my next meal. There are some great comfort foods on Core and we've all developed some great recipes to help you out. The Core food is also inherently more filling and satisfying. I sometimes overeat a bit on Core foods but drinking extra water seems to help. My entire 43.6 pounds has been on Core since last September. I'm pretty proud of that because my postmenopausal body is pretty noncooperative and I've got a lousy metabolism from so many years of dieting. I could defintely eat Core the rest of my life. If you're ok with fresh fruits and veggies and don't mind cooking, I think you'll be happy on Core. JMHO!

Last edited by Vickie; 08-14-2005 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:35 PM   #262  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. Perhaps you should have DS sign a contract like Frouf! Do you think your medicine is making you not be hungry? Is there such a thing as too much sleep? Maybe you're just feeling what it feels like to be REALLY rested!

Now I'm REALLY going to get on the treadmill!
Old 08-14-2005, 01:18 PM   #263  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Unhappy What Goes Up Must Come Down...

..or don't get your heart set on a trip w/a VERY FICKLE MINDED 13 YR OLD FEMALE! So today I find out SHE HAS CHANGED HER MIND - how surprising! (boy am I glad I did not already book this cruise - aug 28th by the way - great last minute deal).

I am SO VERY DISAPPOINTED and starting to slip again - I did not realize how much this was motivating me...sigh.... I still want to go of course and have sent off an email to some of my past cruise buddies, but frankly with such short notice I am not hopeful (kathy - are you busy the week of aug 28th? Meet me in Galveston and I'll show you a good time! nod, nod, wink,wink ) Anyone else willing to cruise with me? Now's your chance!

I called the cruiseline cuz sometimes they have a cabin sharing program (and usually they can't find anyone so you end up getting the cabin to yourself without paying extra). Of course they have done away with this program for that very reason...so if I want to go I have to pay the single premium which is more $$ and the main reason I wanted to go was cuz it was a great deal!

Anyhow I am now depressed and wondering what to do.

And dd is dragging her a$$ as she prepares to go to her dad's for 2 weeks - she is not very motivated (no computer at his place ) so I am after her to pack, clean her room and get going (she is bringing all her clothes with her - very funny - a huge suitcase and carryon bag as well!) You'd think she was going around the world but she is literally 5 minutes away by car.

Linda - great news on the core dedication and working at WW sounds amazing. I can only imagine how inspiring and helpful that will be.

Rita - hang in there - sounds like your body is not cooperating right now but I"m sure that will change.

Brinky - where are u located? We are also expecting big rain this afternoon.

Vicki B - The main reason I joined WW was because of the new Core plan. It is such a healthy natural way of eating - like (the other) Vickie I was so obsessed with food - just crazy counting points, always hungry and just looking forward to when I could eat. The fact that I KNOW I can eat when I'm hungry seems to take the pressure off for me and I will choose fruit or something heatlhy and not fret too much about wasting points.!

Sorry about the sciatic nerve problems - I had a bit of a run in with this very problem this winter - jan-feb - very painful and I did end up getting physio for a few weeks which really helped and I was able to travel comfortably last March!

Kathy - glad to hear you're a bit better - actually I had a call from your dr. and he is recommending a sea voyage - says it will get you into tip top shape. I'll be honking in your driveway very soon!

Vickie - I do think Emily thinks I am a weird and crazy mom - one of the reasons she does not want to go is cuz of the "rules" - I explained these rules were really very basic and applied almost anywhere. It's probably better that we're not travelling together as I'm sure we would have a major blowout at some point?

So dh is on his way home from the bagel shop and bringing me a decaf coffee - guess it's almost breakfast time??

Froufie
Old 08-14-2005, 01:22 PM   #264  

Vickie: Thanks for your advice about Core. My problem with going on any type of diet is that I have a sensitive stomach--IBS. So...I can't eat a lot of fresh veggies and fruits! Some I can't eat at all and some I can only eat in moderation. Sure makes it tough when trying to eat healthy. When I'm going through a period when my stomach is doing well, I can eat more, however, when it's a bad time I can't eat any of them. I'll have to read through my materials more to see what I would be able and wouldn't be able to eat because of my stomach. Yes...we do have a lot in common! Is your real name Victoria? Mine is.

Vicki B.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:49 PM   #265  
Closed

Unhappy my other post disappeared-AGAIN...........

wonder why...computer gremlins????....buy anyway, I wanted to say hello to Brinky and VickieB and Rita's friend Chailles' (sp from memory) I think it may be incorrect but Welcome
Kathy I had not had the chance to read everything, but I surely hope you are Ok....such stress!! I can hardly imagine. Please take it easy. Your cruise sounds like something you really need. I am sure Dec can't come fast enough! AGain, please take it easy, and eat!!
Sandra hope you're doing well and Melissa too. HOw is your challenge going?
Vickie you sound as always so upbeat, that's great!! My comfort food is sweets, as you all know. I have given that up. I am a big emotional stress eater but I am working on that too. Actually I feel good about how I am handling things.
VickieB take it from some one else who made ALL the wrong choices on Flex, I have to agree with Vickie, I too I was always STARVING on Flex and constantly thinking about my next meal. I have also 'listening' to my body for when I am actually hungry. When I feel I am at a 2-3 I have something Core-like. The hardest thing for me was getting in Fruit as most know here. Now that is what I do. I have NO problem at all with the water, where most people I know do. Vickies' saying of "try Core for a month and see" is truely great advise. But don't forget you do have your 35 WPA....So Good Luck!!
Frouf I hope the cruise plans works out for you. You surely do deserve some R & R.
Lisa and Cher I hope you are well too...Seems like we each can't seem to get here as often as the rest

I am still hoping to catch up on some reading of the pages and page and pages I have missed.

Have a great day out there.....it is TOO dag-gone hot here to be outside, although Frank is at the pool baking in the sun, he worked really hard around the house yesterday and today so he deserves that..but ....not me, too hot I'll stay inside in the central A/C and wait till Sept and go to the beach.
Well I have some laundry calling my name and some other stuff to do. Till next time, take care everyone........Linda
Old 08-14-2005, 03:28 PM   #266  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well, I've hurt my ankle. I procrastinated and decided to do just one more thing before going on the treadmill. I mixed up my turkey burgers so they could marinate. I stepped funny and twisted my ankle and now I can barely walk on it. Ugh. Now what? We all know I can't lose a lick without exercise! I'm gonna go ice now and be depressed!

Frouf, your news is awful! Maybe you could take little DS? Of course, DH and DD don't get along, do they? Maybe if she's know the choice is to go with you or stay home with DH, she'll go with you?

Vicki, I'm legally Vickie, believe it or not. I had to be baptized Victoria because they weren't going to perform the ceremony unless I had a Saint's name. So periodically folks argue with me when I'm trying to apply for things and insist that they must use my LEGAL name. Yup, I say, trust me it's Vickie! I have a bad tummy too! Prevacid daily. I haven't had any trouble with Core but then I don't know what irritates IBS. When do you start?

Time to ice!

Last edited by Vickie; 08-14-2005 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:10 PM   #267  

Hi Froufy, Our son is an Insurance Broker, him and his partner have their own business.
I love Ottawa and Constance Bay, maybe we will get to meet some time.
Well I am going to look for songs for the dance for our Anniversary on Friday. Our daughter is planning it all, but they asked me for songs we like to dance to.
Hi to all you girls I will be posting a lot more once the cottage is closed.
I see more of my buddies have joined. Great.
Blue Skies,
Donna R.B
Old 08-14-2005, 04:18 PM   #268  

Oh my gosh, so much going on without me. I am feeling kind of guilty, I went to walmart and poor ole Chaille' went to work without me. I know if I had gone though I would have just distracted her, cause I really just ain't into it today. I'll make it up to her!

Vickie, Glad you had a good time and a good meal at your niece's. It's funny about the bra thing, I have worn playtex 18 hour bras my whole life and am afraid to try anything else. Do the ones at Lane Bryant have comfortable straps or underwires. I can't stand narrow straps digging into my shoulders or underwires poking into my chest. I hope the ice gets you up and going soon. You & my mom would get along so great. I have designed a weekly menu that I fill in for her every week. She prints them out and puts them in sheet protectors in a binder. I am going to tell her about your core notebook. She would like that!

Vicki B, I love core. I did flex before and lost weight fine, BUT. I became anemic. I was one pointing myself to death. I ate lots of FF bologna, FF cheese, 1 pt servings of FF chips, 1 pt bread, 1 pt cookies, 1 pt muffins. You get the picture! I was not gonna waste 2 pts for fruit or milk when I could use it for noodles or spaghetti. One thing I have discovered is that since I am doing core, the cravings I had for those things have been virtually eliminated (not quite all the way!) I have really high triglycerides and my doctor thinks the core plan is one of the healthiest programs out there. It cuts out foods that are bad for us and allows us to eat enough of the food that is good for us to give us satisfaction. I have been on the plan almost 2 months and have lost 21 pounds, my son has lost almost 23 and my dh has lost 19. I eat until I am full, sometimes stuffed! Most importantly, I feel great!! No more roller coaster ups & downs during the day! One of my girlfriends has IBS and the doctor recommended that she increase her fiber intake, he did tell her to do this slowly. I think we were all a little gassy to begin with. If increasing the fiber is not a problem for you, then the core plan should be a good choice!

Betty, Welcome. We are sure glad to have you here.

Donna, Congratulations!! 50 years is amazing!

Linda, I'm with you on staying inside with the AC. Even in here it seems hot!

Frouf, Bless your heart. I hope you can find someone to go with you. Don't let this disappointment set you back on your motivation. Try to get a mental picture of something that makes you want to be thin. This helps me tremendously. I want to be able to wear a bathing suit here in this ubearable, hellish heat, without embarassment (or at least not as much)

Kathy, It is incredibly difficult to have a grown youngun move back home. My older DS was a total jerk. My younger son, Chris, has not been TOO bad! Just remember, "This too shall pass". Glad you got some food down. Keep working on it! Hope you get back to some semblance of normal soon!

I am going to have to go edit my menu with the changes I had to make! See yall back in a bit!
Old 08-14-2005, 04:55 PM   #269  
focused and aiming

hi there, chickies. curtis and i just got home from the new archery range. my foot held up well to all the outdoor walking. i even had to cross a creek!!!! the first time was on a log. the creek is about 5-6 feet across. i have a fear of crossing water. well, i made it across the log. when we were coming back after finishing shooting, i had to walk across on a board that was a few feet higher. i had a few tears when this was over; but, thankfully, i didn't fall or hurt my foot. club leaders are going to build some walking bridges. i'm ready for them now.

rita, i hope you planned your pity party better than i did. don't have it around anyone who might want to send you for "professional help." seriously, i'm sorry you're depressed. i hope you get back to your perky self soon. we need our rita to keep us motivated.

melissa, i hope you're having a good day. i'll see you when you get back.

vickie, your menu notebook sounds neat. that makes this more fun, doesn't it? i was taking phen fen when i went through the change. we all blamed everything on the diet pills. i was shocked when i went for a checkup and found out i was already finished with the change. life is good. i still need to watp. i have waited till we were finished shooting today. now i need a kickstart to get me motivated. i promise, i will watp when i get off here.

vickie, i'm sorry. i guess i missed your question. bcb is bootcamp buddies over at ***************.net. i was going there regularly back in 2000 when i got to goal. when i first started there, the board was fairly small. it's now large just like the entirety of 3fc. bcb is all about weight watchers. they don't have threads for other diet choices.

hi, betty. you're going to love it here. everyone's so supportive. we're all in this journey together. my prob in doing core is that i tend to add too many frills. even if they are core, they add too many calories. i have a hard time losing. i need more calories going out than coming in.

vicki, i love your ponytail gal. you are too funny. you do not look like her. i've seen your photos.
yep, your family is going to be a big help for you. curtis tries to eat core with me, but he cheats left and right. wish i were 6'2". i wouldn't be as overweight. maybe i'm just height challenged?

kathy, i hope things work out better with ds. i know you're doing all you can. hang in there. that contract sounds like a good thing. i hope you get to feeling like your old self soon. i miss you.

frouf, i am soooo sorry. i know that had to be horribly disappointing. young ones are very fickle, aren't they? and they are selfish. guess it's normal. our grands were coming monday to bake for the fair but opted to go shopping with their dad at the last minute. i had to "drool" over their new pencils, paper, and backpacks when i saw them. nobody cared that i had worked hard and long to buy and round up goodies for them to bake with. of course, they were more than happy to go to the fair 2 days later to ride the rides. but--kids are kids, aren't they?

i'd love to go on that cruise with you. dh would have a hissy, though. darn it.

linda, it's good to see you here. melissa and i are still challenged. we're trying. no 180's yet, though.

vickie, ouch!!!! i am so sorry. i hope you're all right.

hi, donna. what kind of songs are you looking for? songs you two used to dance to before?

vickie and rita, i like what you told vicki about core. i am much more satisfied on core, too.

well, curtis has come in here numerous times to see what i am doing. guess i'd best go spend some time with him. maybe he'll do watp with me. whattaya think?
Old 08-14-2005, 06:19 PM   #270  

Wow...I'm learning so much about Core and receiving so much support from all of you already! Thanks sooo much!

I have IBS which is irritable bowel syndrome. Who knows what sets it off...most times it's stress but food can trigger it too. That's why weight loss programs are difficult for me. I can't do a lot of fresh fruits and veggies...i.e. salads, etc. So, I kinda have to experiment at what works and what doesn't. I'm going to sit down this evening with all my Core materials and see what kind of menus I can come up with.

I would love any tips that any of you have regarding dealing with being an emotional eater. I'm really having a problem with that right now, especially because I haven't been able to exercise in several months. My sciatic nerve problem prevents me from doing a lot right now. I used to workout at Curves 3-4 days a week and I felt great. I miss those days terribly.

Vickie: I'm sorry you hurt your ankle. Maybe it was your body trying to tell you to take a rest today???? My real name is Victoria. No one ever calls me that. My maiden name is a lonnnnnggg Italian name so I always went by Vicki. When I got married I changed my last name and went to a short last name. Sometimes for work related matters, I'll sign using Victoria. Sounds older and more important.

Kathy: I don't know what exactly is happening with your DS, but from what I gathered...I thought I would share my story with you: My 22 y/o DD moved back home several months ago after living away at college for a few years. She told us that she was used to being on her own and didn't want rules. She wanted us to be liker her roommates!!!! Well, I went through the roof and thought...roommates...pppffffftttt! I stressed over it, ate, didn't sleep, etc. Until one day the light went on. Ok...she wanted to be roommates, I'll show her. A roomate doesn't drop everything and run an errand for her. A roommate doesn't do her dishes or pick up after her. A roommate doesn't give her money. You get the picture. Well, she didn't like it at first, but I stuck to my guns and it all worked out. The one thing that I insisted on was that she was to tell us what time she would be home and would call if she was going to be late or not come home at all. It wasn't easy, but I adjusted.

Vicki B.
Closed Thread