Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 07:16 PM   #211  
Southside White Sox Fan

Deby, I couldn't find the post were Kathy entered the temperature thingy directions. Here's my best shot. Right click on my temperature thingy and select properties. Copy the URL and go to your user profile. Select edit signature. Choose image and then past the URL into your signature and then change the city to your city. Surround the URL with "image" to let it know that you want the clock to show as an image in your signature. I know this sounds very confusing. If it doesn't work for you, let us know and I'll try harder to find Kathy's directions.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:03 PM   #212  

Good Evening Everyone We had a busy day today. Graduation went well! I didn't even cry! Just got through with supper, I definitely ate past "3". DH is in the kitchen making pudding.

Frouf, Tylenol PM or benadryl. You have got to get some rest! I don't know the issues with your daughter, but I know that nothing can stress you anymore than your younguns. I will keep yall in my thoughts.

Vickie, You sound so UP today! Glad you were able to save your crown. Everything is so expensive these days. I know 72 is better than 700, but gracious that is a lot just to glue it back in! Do you have a "Cheat Time" set aside? I have always believed that you have got to keep your body fooled into believing that you are not dieting. When we did points I lost right at 2 pounds a week on average and every Monday (weigh In) I had a 1/4 pounder with cheese and a large FF. I still do this same thing but on Thursday night after weigh in and home cooked. Metabolism is a weird monster. I think though with core at our age that we can't cheat on the sugar part of it! all this is just my own personal, humble opinion.

Melissa, I am so glad you were able to maintain. When you get closer to your goal, it becomes more difficult to lose. You have had a lot going on and you have stayed with your support system (US!). I think as long as you do that you will be ok!!

Did Sandra tell us she was gonna be gone and I missed it??

Chaille' will be posting tonight, she had to go to the City today after work! I am so excited for her!
Old 08-12-2005, 09:12 PM   #213  

Hi everyone! I'm new at this and I've never had friends on the internet that were actually waiting to hear from me! Rita called and said "you've got to post your weight loss, everyone wants to hear!"
My first week went GREAT.....4.8!!!! I was sooooo excited!
Sorry, that I don't know everyone by name yet...but I'm reading and getting to know y'all. Congrats to all who have had a great week and blessings to us all for the week ahead! FRESH start FRIDAY.....I like it Rita....is that a little like Tune up Tuesday and Wise up Wednesday at school??
Smiles to all,
Chaille'
Old 08-12-2005, 09:20 PM   #214  
focused and aiming

howdy, i'll bet ya'll thought i was out eating everything in sight, didn't you? i couldn't get online last night and then we were gone most of the day today. i have a lot to tell you.

i went to ww and stayed the same. of course, i was disappointed but not devestated. i know i need to exercise. i'll try to start tomorrow. i'm too tired tonight. we've been at the hospital most of the day with curtis' mom. she fell the other day. we helped get her back home. it's been a long, long day but we are thankful she's recovered so fast and is able to get out of the hospital.

tonight i needed some comfort food so i made some chocolate cookies out of my chocolate baking mix i got from southavenfarms.com. (1 pt per serving) i made 4 servings (and still have some left, so i'm all right.) now here's my news: i made icing!!!! here's the recipe

1 cup ff sour cream
1 cup granular splenda
1/2 pkg white chocolate pudding mix

mix together. it reminds me of cream cheese icing for carrot cakes. do we have that core oatmeal cake recipe here on the dessert thread? i think this would be heavenly on top of that.

vickie, i cut our chicken breasts into strips so we feel like we have chicken tenders. i'll bet your thigs are good. (your chicken thighs that is ) curtis is good about eating lo's. i'm the grazer. he does graze but it's on sweets. he had lo spaghetti/meatsauce tonight and i had lo mexican polenta casserole. we're both stuffed.

rita, congratulations!!!!! are you exercising? i know i need to. i'm eating right and drinking the water. it has to be my inactivity that's holding me back. i like your idea about fresh starts.

melissa, me, too. it's the pits, isn't it? but we'll lose. what about those fudge bars? is it a mix?

vickie, i'm sorry you were dethroned. you were lucky about the cost. whew!

{{{{{frouf}}}}} i hope you're in better spirits. maybe you can get away for a bit.

kathy, that's a good idea. i do get bummed when i lose a post. i'll see you tomorrow.

i have really missed all of you today. believe me--it's been a hectic day here.

chaille, that's a fantastic loss!!!! congratulations. i am sooooo happy for you.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:57 PM   #215  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hi Chaille - and SUPER congrats on your amazing first week loss - you must feel wonderful!!!!

Kathy - Could send you some of our rain - no storms tho - just a constant drizzle - hope you are feeling better. Be packed and standing at the end of the driveway cuz I'll be zooming by soon!

Vickie - glad your mouth is "full" again - of teeth that is! Major savings - I think you should get yourself a present or something? Enjoy the steak dinner - it sounds delish.

Melissa - congrats on staying the same!

Rita - glad you got thru the presentation today - I hope it does get easier each time?

Sandra - or should I say "miss sweet tooth" - I guess it was predictable that you would discover core icing! Sorry to hear about your mil - hope she is doing okay! Sounds like even your comfort food was core - good for you!

As for Terri - I suppose the bright side of not hearing from her is she must have her hands full of BABY - so is too busy to post. I hope she eventually remember us and posts some pics!

I am tired and dragging - was calling for nail appt for tomorrow and owner said come in tonight so I did! Went right from work (with a stop at Subway on the way cuz I was starving) and now my nails are a very pretty pale baby pink.

Ds is working, dh is on the phone, little ds should be asleep by now I hope (after several "visits" to our room) and dd is out bowling w/some friends - not sure what time she will be home. She is off to her dad's for 2 weeks (if they last that long) and I know it's not nice to say, and makes me feel guilty but I sure feel I could use the break! She has been very difficult to deal with and I did talk to her therapist today and she agreed that some of the stuff I was describing was not very good so we have scheduled an appt for next wednesday - and I know dd will not be impressed!

I know I have not lost weight this week - maybe up a lb - to add onto the 3 lbs I gained last week - is there any point in going to WI and meeting? I feel like I am wasting my money now - and maybe should be keeping my coupons for when I am seriously doing the program? There is always that slight glimmer of hope that something will click at the meeting and the willpower fairy will settle down on my shoulders and stay there for the week? Or is this just wishful thinking and the power must come from within (we have all the resources we need to lose weight?). Of course there is always that good excuse of "boy I could sure use a good sleep in" and I suppose if that happens it may be a blessing in disguise!

Frouf

P.S. ...at least the cleaning lady was here today and the house is clean....for the moment anyways - I can enjoy it for a little while.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:56 PM   #216  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, I can't stay on because Jim is clamoring for some attention but I had to say that I think you should go to your meeting! It's a slippery slope if you stop going IMHO. Go find out the news and then keep on trying. Once I miss a meeting or two, it's all over. Try to remember how bad you felt when you started the program before you lost weight. You know you don't want to go back there. You can do it, Frouf!

Chaille, 4.8! OMG, you must be delirious with happiness! Maybe we can get you to post your menus if you have time. I definitely need to model after you and Rita. You are doing amazing! Any tips or secrets you'd like to share?

Sandra, I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL! I didn't think you were out being bad. I just wondered who was getting your attention since it wasn't us! I saw that icing recipe recently but couldn't think of anything to spread it on.

Rita, I haven't really had a cheat night. Maybe I should give it a shot! I'm am certainly game. I rarely eat sugar anymore so I can't blame it on that. I spend most of my points on a smart balance margarine and some bread here and there.

Gotta go, girls! I didn't get much sleep myself last night and I'm pretty pooped.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:52 PM   #217  
focused and aiming

frouf, i'm proud of you for going to ww even when things aren't going your way weightwise. that takes courage. you get an attagirl for sure. just think how bad it could get if you weren't going. (again i need to follow my own advice.)

vickie, the icing recipe i saw called for yogurt. did you see one with ff sour cream? darn. i thought i'd dreamed something up. oh,well. i haven't looked yet. is there a core oatmeal cake here. i know on bcb there's one called cordy's oatmeal cake.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:57 PM   #218  
focused and aiming

here's a suggestion for using the icing.

* Exported from MasterCook *
Core Carrot Cake Oat Bread
Recipe By : ottermum
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
PHASE 1: MIX TOGETHER:
1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt -- PLUS
1 cup nonfat milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup grated carrot
LET STAND WHILE YOU ARE MIXING:
PHASE 2:
PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES.
SPRAY COOKIE SHEET OR PIE PLATE WITH
COOKING SPRAY.
To bowl of rehydrated oatmeal -- add:
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Splenda
1 cup oat bran
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Mix to form a dough, then turn out onto baking sheet or pie plate (if
making scones, you should cut the dough into 8ths.) Bake for approx. 40
minutes, or until browned.

Ratings : 1.5- 2 0 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 119 Calories; 2g Fat (12.7%
calories from fat); 6g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 1mg
Cholesterol; 539mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Vegetable; 0
Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
NOTES : 1.7 points
Old 08-13-2005, 07:42 AM   #219  

Default Good Morning Everyone!

I hope everyone had a great evening and got lots of rest! Once again I am here with the I am such a procrastinator Believe it or not, I am sitting here working on my taxes. I had filed an extension in April, so now they are due in Monday. I guess I know bad news is waiting at the end of this form, so I have tried to put it off as long as I possibly could.

Oh well, it could be worse! I have not planned my meals yet. As soon as DH gets up, I am gonna get on that! I ate like a last night, but it was core! I guess I need to move to Idaho so I can be closer to them potatoes. I know that that is the reason I can do the core plan, if potatoes were not core I would have had to do points!

Frouf, I agree with Vickie, Go to the meeting. I know for me it is critical. If I stop going, I stop eating right! I do hope you got some good rest last night, especially with them pretty, pink toe nails!

Sandra, No gain, is no gain! I think with core we just don't necessarily lose every week. And again, we are women. I think our weight fluctuates with our thoughts or something. I was worried about you!

((((Kathy)))) Keeping you in my thoughts and sending good vibes your way!

Melissa, didn't see you today. I know you have that good long weekend coming up and hope you get some R & R!

See yall later!
Old 08-13-2005, 09:10 AM   #220  
Melissa

Hey chicks! Don't have long to chat. I'm going to help my mom make some homemade grape jelly this morning. We'll see how that goes!
Thanks for the encouragement everyone. And BIG to Rita, Chaille, and Chris, what amazing losses! And Sandra, you and I are once again on the same boat. Well, it's nice not to ride alone! I'm not worried. I know why I stayed the same so I am not going to fret.
Sandra, the No Pudge treats are in the freezer section. I haven't had one of those flavors yet but I have tried others that are 1 or 2 points a piece. They are really good. They are expensive, but go on sale and there are often coupons in our paper.
Hope everyone has a beautiful Saturday!
Old 08-13-2005, 10:48 AM   #221  

Chaille, on a great loss!!

For part of our date night last night, dh and I made cookies. I only had 2, which is a big accomplishment for me, as I am a cookie monster.

It looks like it may rain again today. !!

Well, the house is a pit, and it's not going to get cleaner if I sit her any longer. Time to get moving.

Angela
Old 08-13-2005, 11:08 AM   #222  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Happy Saturday Morning to all you Working Girls!

I just got up at 9:00 after going to bed at 11:00. Yep, pretty much slept straight through for 10 hours. Boy, when I woke up the first thing I thought of was how I wished that Frouf, Kath, and Melissa could have gotten the sleep that I just had. I think it's a combination of NO kids, jobs, and other stressors! Hope you all slept well.

Rita, you always sound so darned perky in the morning! I enjoy your morning messages very much. I'm ok to talk to all of you first thing when I wake up. But, if you were here you'd know that I don't converse orally very well until I'm up about 2 hours. I'm sorry that you're working on your taxes. Did you know that I worked for the Treasury Department for 30 years? Never did like those people! We could never get extensions while we worked for them. We had to pay and file by April 15th or we would get fired.....no excuses. I guess they thought they had to be tough on us so that we set a good example for the public. This year we filed in April after filing in January for 30 years! I hope you are surprised when you get to the end and have a good bottom line. We've had to pay every year since Jim retired. We finally figured out his proper withholding and then I retired. Sheesh. Now we're all messed up again. We even had an underwithholding penalty last year. Grrrrrrr.

Sandra, you must have dreamed up the recipe! I went back to look at the one that I saw and it was just skim, FF cool whip, and white chocolate pudding mix. I didn't even print the recipe because the one reviewer said it was gritty. I'm going to definitely try your recipe because I'm missing a cake. How did you know that Carrot Cake with cream cheese frosting is my favorite in the whole world? I'll have to be careful though because this could be a killer for me. I'm going to post a Sweet Lemon Fruit Dip recipe that I think you all would love. I'll put it in the desserts. It looks fabulous and I'm alway looking for fun ways to eat my fruit other than just plain or my notorious way...in a smoothie. What is BCB? I've seen you use that abbreviation a couple of times and I don't know what it means. Is it a recipe site and you're holding out on us?! How's you MIL?

Melissa, grape jelly...yum! I hope you are going to make some with splenda so that you can indulge without guilt. Wouldn't that be cool? So you Mom is a cook and you don't like to cook? How did that happen? I hope you have fun with her today. Give her an extra hug for me. I'm still missing my Mom.

Speaking of menu planning I am sick to death of eating the same things. I've been doing Core since last September. I decided last night it was time to go through my Core binder and find some new things. So I did and chose about 4 new entrees to try that I thought sounded really cool. If the work, I'll share. One is Chicken Cacciatore over Crisp Barley Crust; another is Castillian Chicken and I'm going to serve it with Scalloped potatoes; another is the Ultimate Turkey burger with oven fries; and there is another one that I can't remember. It's not easy to find things that Jim will eat with me. He has a lot of rules. He won't eat meatballs. Shhhhssssshhhh. Don't tell him that turkey burgers are just big meatballs. He'll eat them now! I've got to find some new unusual things to make. I have about 5 or 6 recipes that we have eaten to death. I have a couple of things in addition that I like but that he won't eat, like my amazing polenta/tamale pie. Anyway, I've rambled. Rita mentioned planning and I thought about what I'd done last night. Now I just need to make the grocery list and send him to the store.

I'm going out to dinner at my Niece and Nephew IL's tonight. They are cooking to thank us for babysitting the last couple of times. I don't have to worry because the whole thing will be Core. My Niece is the one who talked me into trying Core. She and my whole family are amazingly supportive. I have no choice but to succeed! I can't let it be my own fault now, can I?

Good wishes to you all.

Kathy, hang in there! We're all holding good thoughts that you'll soon be feeling your feisty self again.

Last edited by Vickie; 08-13-2005 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:17 AM   #223  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, what did you do for the rest of the date night? Just kidding. I couldn't resist!

You should be very proud that you only ate two cookies. Home baked cookies are one of my big weaknesses too. I need to clean too but I don't think I will. I'd rather wait until tomorrow. I have to treadmill today and I haven't even eaten breakfast yet. Have a great day!
Old 08-13-2005, 11:20 AM   #224  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ok, Sandra, I've got some questions. Would the icing recipe be enough to cover the cake or should I double it? What do you bake the cake in? I'm thinking I'd like it to be square. Is it 9 x 9 pan size or 9 x 13? Inquiring minds NEED to know!
Old 08-13-2005, 11:35 AM   #225  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, everyone.

Another day, another problem. But I'm not letting it bother me anymore than I have to. DS didn't come home from work yesterday. I know he at least went, because he called from there (company name was on the caller ID) yesterday afternoon. I tried calling his cell this morning and it's disconnected. Sigh ... whatever. He'll either show up or not, but I'm tired of dealing with it. You'd think he could be more considerate since I'm paying his car payment, supplying a place to live, food, a storage unit for his stuff, and got him some car insurance. Oh well.

We slept in shifts last night. I'm taking the Lexapro at 7:00 pm since taking it in the morning makes me feel weird. At 7:00 it still makes me feel weird but at least I'm at home and not sitting at my desk. Then 30 minutes before bedtime, I take the Lunesta. The combination puts me right to sleep, but I usually wake up around 3 or 4. Judd slept in the recliner until 6:00 and then came to bed, and I got up and went to the recliner and let him sleep for a few hours. Now he's gone to work. Tonight there's a house warming / college graduation party for one of our coworkers. This guy was in college and in the Naval reserves, then got called up. He spent a year in Iraq and came back about a year ago, resumed his education and now has graduated. Judd and his friend are going but I have instructions to sit in the chair tonight and for the rest of the weekend. I'll either go to the store afterwhile or send one of the girls with a list. Little DD and her boyfriend were supposed to be helping DS get the rest of his things out of his apartment and into storage, but if he doesn't come home they can't very well help him, especially if they can't even call him on his cell. Ugh. When will this all end?

Let's see, what else? Chaille', congrats on that awesome loss! You are just what we need to keep up the enthusiasm, especially since lots of us are starting to stall.

Vickie, enjoy your evening with the greats. I'm glad your tooth is all fixed up now. Oh and my friend picked up the treadmill yesterday and I told her to unplug it while not in use. I told her how you and (insert the name of whoever else said their's was broken; I can't remember now) had both had problems. She's putting it in the garage so said she would be sure to unplug it. I wish I could help you with menus but usually all I cook is plain stuff with no recipe required: grilled chicken, hamburger patties, fish. How boring. Last night I baked some haddock and it was very yucky, so I'm going back to only orange roughy or tilapia.

Melissa, have fun with the jelly. I used to make peach, plum, apple, and grape jelly every year, plus peach preserves. Where did those years go?

Angela, Rita, Sandra, Cher and anyone else I've missed ... have a good day and hang in there. Sandra, you're killing me with the cake and icing recipes! I would love to go make a carrot cake with real cream cheese icing but dare not.

Frouf, hang in there girl. You sure do have your hands full ... I think I can relate. If it weren't for kids, my stress level would probably be cut by about 90%. Any problems with DH's can usually be resolved (seems like yours and mine both have problems with OUR kids) but problems with kids don't go away. I hope Emily's therapist can help. And my bag is packed ... just honk when you get here.

Back to the recliner. I sure have logged quite a few miles there lately. Oh and the scale keeps dropping, so this morning I made sure I ate something. Morning weight was 152.4. I would ordinarily be excited but don't want to lose it this way.
Closed Thread