Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 05:01 PM   #136  

Crustless pumpkin pie and/or pumpkin custard tastes to me, exactly like pumpkin pie, without the crust. So if you're not fond of pumpkin pie, you probably won't like this very much. That said however, maybe your tastes have changed since a few years ago. Mine certainly have.

Sandra, she's my sister in law, not my daughter in law, in case that wasn't a keyboard glitch. I only have daughters, and the oldest is 6, so no dil's in my immediate future!!

Off to cook meatballs... later!
Angela
Old 08-08-2005, 05:02 PM   #137  
focused and aiming

frouf, i'ts pretty pumpkiny, but you might give it a go. i'm having a time staying out of it. it's turning out to be a trigger food. ya'll be careful if you make it.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:03 PM   #138  
focused and aiming

angela i was thinking sil but typed dil. senior moment, i guess. whoever she is she's going to enjoy the work you're doing. do you want to come decorate my house?
Old 08-08-2005, 06:57 PM   #139  

Hi Everyone! Had a great day at work. Have been on core all day, but the water at work is still slow. I'm on my second glass of water since I got home

Vickie Congratulations! That is 4 sticks of butter removed from your body. Slap 2 of them against each hip and see what a difference it makes. If all you lost was 1 pound a week this time next year you would be 52 pounds lighter! I am so proud. You deserved this loss. Heck, I was glad for .6 last week (2 sticks of butter)

Sandra, you are probably right about the baking. I would eat 5 pounds on me right now if I had Reeses pieces near me! I know you must hate the smoke. They have controlled burns every now & then in the woods and at times it becomes overwhelming. Ashes drop into the yard sometimes.

Lisa, Congratulations on the two pounds. That is 8 sticks of butter!

Angela, that is so sweet of you to think about your SIL coming to a new place and it being dreary. I'm sure she will appreciate whatever you do.

Cher, congratulations on your longer walk. That is what I have got to get busy doing.

Kathy, I sure hope things get better for you soon!

Melissa, I am going to quote I think Dotti?? "Nothing tastes as good, as being thin feels" I try to keep that thought in my head before I eat something I know I shouldn't. I would have a really tough time going to a restaurant like that cause I really don't care enough for salad to have that for my meal. I know that you can make "mindful food choices" when you go

Ok, girls. Yall would have had a really good laugh if yall had seen me & Chaille belly dancing today We certainly have a long ways to go before we become "Goddesses". Speaking of Chaille, she has signed up to this group and has been lurking a bit. I'm sure she will post soon!

I'm off to drink some water!
Old 08-08-2005, 07:10 PM   #140  
Melissa

Well ladies I did not exercise willpower today at lunch. We had a major ordeal trying to decide whether or not we were going, who was going, etc. and it was almost 1:30 before we ate and I was starving. I knew the salad wouldn't cut it. I had a personal size green olive pizza. It was very good. Of course that throws a wrench in my plan to eat fav meals this week using a few wpas. Oh well, I will deal with that. I think DH and I are planning to go for a walk tonight, if I can stay awake that long. So that will help walk it off.

Rita, you are so encouraging. And hi Chaille!

Vickie, You go girl! A pound is great! You've broken your plateau, and it's downhill from here.

Lisa, congrats on 2 pounds down!

Sandra, sorry the grands aren't coming, but at least you won't be tempted by all of that goodness. I wasn't strong today but I did drink a lot of water! Hope you're having a good night.

Kathy, if you are around, .

Frouf, what about the Rio Grande Chicken or Blackened Chicken with baked potato or veggies? You could ask them to sub the coleslaw for something else...more veggies? Not a ton of options, are there?

Angela, your decorating sounds great. I know that she will appreciate all of your hard work. Sometimes men just can't see those things, can they? That's what we're here for I guess.

OK I need to get stuff done and go for that walk if we're going. If not, I need to gazelle or something! 180'S HERE I COME!!!!
Old 08-08-2005, 08:58 PM   #141  
focused and aiming

rita, i'm looking forward to meeting chaille. it sounds like you two have a blast together. i can just see ya'll now clicking your fingers and wiggling your bellies. sounds like fun-- good exercise, too.

melissa, it has to be hard for you eating out so much. that's a big challenge. i am betting you have a loss this week, though. okay, 180's, here we come.

frouf, sounds like you know what is the best choice to make. i've seen those lone star cafes but have never gone to one. enjoy yourself.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:17 PM   #142  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hey Melissa - don't fret too much - just walk it off - and get right back on track - it seems that you have! just a blip on the big screen of life!

Rita - I went to a meeting/reception a while ago and there were two bellydancers for "entertainment - yes they tried to get us up and dancing - like jiggling everything - I kept laughing and saying my entire life's goal was actually to CONTROL the constant jiggling and certainly not to accentuate it! Bet you will both be "goddesses" in no time.

Kathy - how are you doing? Hope you can get to bed early and ACTUALLY sleep.

I myself am already in my jammies - ready to get into a new book!..and hopefully lights out at 10 pm! I need my sleep.

Did okay tonight - I had some salmon, brown rice and broccoli - while this was cooking I actually prepared the "filling" for stuffed peppers which I am hoping dh can manage to make tomorrow (given that I have done the "hardest" part). I did taste it and it was yummy (extra lean ground beef, diced onion, garlic, italian spices and veggie/tomato sauce).

I managed to pick up a basket of peaches at the outdoor market near my work on the way home - but just too tired to prepare the cobbler - do I have to peel the peaches? Or can I make them w/the skin on? I did sample a fresh juicy peach (for my dessert) and it was very good.

I only had about 50 ounces of water today - and had to add iced tea mix to some of it - but at least I got some down (in addition to 2 decaf coffees and a diet pepsi).

Tomorrow's lunch will be challenging - will try not to go "starving" but I think I will probably have the chicken fajitas - maybe 2 tortillas? and not go crazy. I am still dreading the chips/salsa on the table!
Old 08-08-2005, 09:17 PM   #143  
Melissa

I am proud to report that DH, DP and I went on a nearly 2 mile walk tonight. Well, it was probably 1 3/4 or something like that. Anyway, I'm proud and tired. You know I was telling DH that I actually notice less of a pudge on my stomach nowadays. That's something to be proud of. And just now, I chose applesauce as a snack. Applesauce! Before core I didn't even like the stuff. Now I choose it. Crazy.

Sandra, I am definitely weak-willed when it comes to eating out. I adore bread, what can I say? I am hoping for a loss this week, thanks for the encouragement. How are your roses? Are they surviving the smoke? That must be very difficult to deal with (and to breathe!).
Old 08-08-2005, 09:29 PM   #144  

Frouf, I am so impressed. Not one mention of that "bad sugary stuff" You had a great supper and are already working on tomorrows, what can I say? WOW!!! I am still interested in what book you were reading. I love mysteries! Especially the ones with a twist at the end!

Melissa, Congratulations on your walk! Applesauce, it is amazing what this core plan can do to a person isn't it!

Sandra, I'm debating on whether the pumpkin stuff would be an abuse food for me. Let me know about the cobbler!

Yall have a great evening!
Old 08-08-2005, 09:50 PM   #145  
focused and aiming

frouf, i don't know if you have to peel the peaches, but i always do. what was the mystery you were reading? i just finished hidden prey. it was pretty good. i'm needing something else now.

i haven't been anywhere today. i stayed home and just took it easy. i love this kind of day (every now and then).

melissa, i'm proud of you. losing that pudge has to be a good motivator. the roses are doing all right so far. i put the water sprinkler on them a lot yesterday. the smoke was worse this morning than it is now. maybe the worst is over. i hope so. congrats on walking that much. i know it must have been hot. i'm proud of all of you for doing it.

i'm a big bread eater, too. i also love sweets. sometimes i just can't make it past the bakery at the store. right now i'm fairly strong. i'd say on a scale of 1-10. i'm an 8 right now with will power. the problem for me is my strength can dip to 1 at a moment's notice. i'm a true food-a-holic. i don't think i could have made it past the pizza today either. i think you did well choosing a veggie pizza. it could have been worse.

rita, i was able to stop after about 3 helpings. now it's sitting heavy in my tummy. there's too much left for me to make the cobbler soon. that will prob be later in the week or even the weekend.

vickie, i know you are a little disappointed about losing one lb. what are you going to say to me, when i'm a bit depressed over plateauing? i don't think any of us can say anything any better than you can. just remember not to be hard on yourself. just think what you've already accomplished and also think of what you said earlier, "all i know to do is to keep on doing core." you are our inspiration.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:28 AM   #146  

Talking Good Morning!

Good Morning Everyone! I'm up and having my & (such a bad habit!) I hope to tackle that one next. I am hoping to have a really peaceful day and get lots of work done! I hope Chaille and I can do the walking tape or something after school. The belly dancing really did help relieve the tension I had built up at work yesterday. Quite sore in my back and hip area this morning, I guess our bodies just ain't really supposed to make those kind of movements

Melissa, Put yesterday behind you and start fresh again this morning!

Sandra, We don't have to worry about feeding the starving children in China, if you need to -- throw the pumpkin stuff away!

Vickie, Now that you have started on your way back down, I know you willl have a really great week!

Frouf, You are doing great! Keep it up!

Angela, Hope you have a great day. Wish I could help you with that decorating, but alas I have absolutely no taste nor talent in that area!

I'm gonna post the menu and read my paper. I hope everyone has an active Core Day! Let's all drink our water!
Old 08-09-2005, 10:06 AM   #147  
Card Carrying Princess

Thanks for the water reminder Rita - I need to stay focussed on that cuz I know it helps! ..and I'm sure the belly dancing soreness will subside once those muscles get used to it?

And I am much too lazy to peel peaches? Wonder if the peel will "soften/dissolve" a bit when baked? If I start peeling the peaches I will also start eating all of them as well!!

Melissa - how are you doing today? I'm sure that walk last night helped!

Kathy - hope you slept okay and are managing w/all the major stresses of the week - hang in there!

Vickie - what's the plan for today? Time in the pool I hope - we are sweltering here again!

So I am sitting here and from where I sit I can see the communal printer/fax table where sits a BIG BOX OF GERMAN CHOCOLATES (1 colleague just back from Europe and she knows better than to show up empty-handed...ha ha ), and right next to it a dish of CHOCOLATE COVERED POPCORN - I kid you not! (from another colleague back from a week in a local cottage/lake resort area). I am trying not to have ANY - cuz I know just one bite will lead to another...and another....and well you get the picture.

I am drinking my coffee and have my cottage cheese stuff on my desk to eat - I will also have a snack (fruit or yogurt?) BEFORE going to lunch as I hope to avoid pigging out at the tex mex restaurant. I think I will try and avoid the chips and salsa cuz that is also something I don't think I can control very well? Will order a diet pepsi or coke and fill up w/some bubbles as well!

Wish me luck!

Frouf

P.S. Almost forgot - about the mystery book - don't have it here but I think author's name is Cathy Vasas-Brown - title is something like "a reason for madness"? This is her 2nd book (altho I have not read the 1st but it was nominated for some book award or something???). I am now reading something called The Whitney Chronicles, and also recently finished a new Janet Evanovich book called "Metro Girl" - which was also funny and a bit of a thriller as well.

Last edited by Froufy; 08-09-2005 at 10:09 AM.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:39 AM   #148  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Good Morning Chickies!

Jim and I were up early today since we both had to walk on the treadmill before our Handyman arrived at 8:00. So it's 10:00 and we've both exercised, eaten breakfast, showered and started the Handyman with his job. We're having our shed door rebuilt and a couple of other minor items. House maintenance stinks and neither of us has a handy bone in our bodies.

Thanks everyone. I'm happy to have lost the pound, I'm just anxious to be losing more. I really haven't cheated and have this terrible "it's not fair" syndrome! I hope to have another good week. Part of the advice I've gotten to break through plateaus is to vary my exercise. So today was the treadmill and tomorrow will be the WATP video.

Frouf, I can't help you on the peach thing. I don't buy them because I can't even make myself bite the fir! I'm very proud of you for not eating the chocolates. It can't be easy. Seems like we should lose extra weight when we face a challenge like that and don't succumb. Good luck at lunch. Try to stay strong. I would avoid the chips and salsa too. Even though the salsa is Core, once I get those chips in my mouth it would be all over with!

Rita, you sound downright perky today! I hope Chaille posts. It's always fun to have a new person's perspective and enthusiasm. Especially for those of us like me who are likely to still be here 3 years from now! At the rate I'm going, I'll be lucky to reach goal before 2008 rings in! It sounds like you and Chaille had a fun time bellydancing. I'm way too self conscious to try any of that but I do love to dance. Maybe someday I'll get back into dancing. I liked the analogy of the butter on the stove. No way would I want to clean ALL of that up! Ok...I get it!

Sandra, I love stay at home days. Jim and I are really nesters. We don't even travel much. Although we would like to do Vegas. Maybe one of these days. In the meantime, we go to our gambling boats twice a year. Not quite the same! My will power is directly linked to my satisfaction level. If I let myself get too hungry, I have NO will power. So for me, I try to keep myself satisfied as much of the time as possible. Also, the longer I'm true to Core the less likely I am to want to have a "cheat", kind of a pride thing!

Melissa, congratulations on your exercise last night! You should be proud. I, too, have noticed inches lost even when I'm not losing pounds. I really wished that I had measured myself. My Niece told me that my face looks smaller than my wedding pictures. I'm pretty sure that I'm at least 10 pounds heavier still than what I was on my wedding day. Sheesh! If you keep up the walking you still might be able to afford to buy a couple of those fav meals!

Angela, you must be busy this morning with decorating stuff! We usually hear from you in the am. I think your idea is so wonderful. You SIL is lucky to have you. I'm a moron when it comes to decorating. I'm always asking my big Sister for help. Too bad you don't live in Illinois!

Frouf, I'm going to look at those decorator tips but I really rather that you and Angela just come to vacation in Chicago!

Kath, where are you? How are you? My stomach clenches when I think of all you have going on around you right now. Hope you're ok.

Well, I'm off to do some laundry. I need to try to schmooze the Handyman into priming the shed door after he builds it. There's only a 30% chance of rain but I know it'll rain since we don't want it to right now!

I'll definitely be back later. Our plan is to do inside stuff while the Handyman is here. I can't put on my swimsuit in from of him! It's supposed to be 95 degrees here today. So when he leaves around 4:00/4:30 we'll go for an early dinner and come back to swim with Niece/Nephew IL/Great Niece/Great Nephew. I think tomorrow is a quieter day. Jim and I aren't getting enough sleep the last couple of days. I think we'll be napping this afternoon.

Last edited by Vickie; 08-09-2005 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:36 PM   #149  
Card Carrying Princess

Well Vickie - just writing to confirm that you're right - once you get ONE CHIP in your mouth the rest is history! Oh well at least the salsa was Core! I did nibble on chips and salsa and finished my first diet coke before the meal came.

Since no one else was having fajitas I didn't either - and ended up getting the taco salad (lettuce, tomatoes, onions, beans, guacomole) with grilled chicken on top - told them NO CHEESE and dressing on the side. I barely used any of the dressing as I found the guacomole in the salad to be enuf.....but I did end up nibbling on the taco shell dish before they finally came to take it away! I was kinda full when done - probably due to the 2 diet cokes! Hopefully I will not eat too much the rest of the day...and trying to drink water now!

Hope you will be enjoying your pool soon - I can't imagine the fun of having a pool in the backyard - I would be so anxious to get home every day and dive in. Speaking of which I have not exercised at all and starting to feel guilty - I know it would certainly help getting the weight off.

And I would love to help you decorate your place Vickie! Next time I'm in the neighborhood I'll certainly drop by!

No big plans for tonight (altho it's cheap movie night!), but we do need some new pans/pots - I have "discarded" one and the other one (of that size) is looking poorly so I may splurge on a couple of new coated pots and frying pan to add to my collection.

I am very tired today too - no I did not get to bed at 10 as promised - more like 11:15 - so need to work on that as well.

Hope everyone is having a fab core day!

Frouf
Old 08-09-2005, 04:41 PM   #150  
focused and aiming

hi there, chickies. curtis and i just got home from sighting in our hunting bows. of course, we went to cracker barrel for lunch. i had a huge grilled chicken salad. curtis ate most of my cheese, so i'm figuring 1 or 2 pts. (no croutons). we're home for the rest of the day.

rita, so far i'm handling the pumpkin stuff all right. i had a slice for bfast. i will toss it if i start to o d on it. i hope you're over your soreness. do you have another lesson this week?

frouf, thanks for the titles. sounds like you're focused, girl. that's great! i need to go drink some water, too. watch out for those goodies. they'll bite you in the behind if you're not careful. it sounds like you did well at lone star cafe. congratulations. i hope you get to bed earlier tonight. what time do you get up in the am?

vickie, you sound perkier today. you know you're our inspiration. thank you for that. you're right about it's getting easier after we've been on core awhile. i have been in a cycle of 2 weeks on then a few days off. that's caused me to stay around the same weight. i had a ww leader tell me once that i had maintenance down good. too bad it's at the wrong weight. your day sounds peaceful. enjoy yourselves.

i need to go post today's menu. i'll be back later. have a good one!!!
Closed Thread