Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 04:00 PM   #196  
focused and aiming

vickie, i'm a scales addict, too. (see i told you i needed to listen to myself.) i'll try to stay off the scales any more today till wi. thanks for the blinks. how many chicken breasts do you "fry" at a time? i did 3 last time. i caught myself snacking on the lo's. they never made it to the next meal. oh, well, we all know i have an eating disorder.

angela, how goes it, girl? vickie's right. we're very proud of you. i guess this rain's good for your veggies. wish we had some rain.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:07 PM   #197  

Vickie,

How do you get the clock and temperature graphic?

I'm new here. I was trying SBD and I just can not do it for more than 3 days. I am back on Core.

Deby

Old 08-11-2005, 04:12 PM   #198  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well Vickie - what can I say except that I am feeling weak and tired and depressed and don't feel motivated. This am before the course I was in the cafeteria n that building and not much choices - I suppose I could have had a fruit salad, but I know that I would have still been hungry? ...as for rice pudding - I LOVE RICE PUDDING - w/raisins. Dh had the special which came w/soup and dessert so I saw my chance and went for it! (he does not like rice pudding or jello!).

I am still in a bad frame of mind I guess - it was even amazing I ordered the salad (altho it had dressing on it already and little pieces of seasoned baked pita bread in it as well).

I am now starving and looking forward to going home - I was up and at work early for the course so this might be contributing to the headache pain.

And yes I checked out the rates at the Marriott where we like to stay on site (www.tremblant.com) and it's not too bad. This is a really nice place - also the 1 bedroom thing going on, but while this is NOT on the lake there is an outdoor swimming pool and because it's on the resort - lots of things to do and see (not sure if I prefer this or a more quiet view?). This property also serves a GREAT breakfast buffet which is included in the price so this is definitely a perk - little ds wakes up pretty early and it was nice to just get dressed and go down and have breakfast ready to enjoy poolside while dh slept!

There is a great gondola ride up the mountainside (this is actually a winter ski resort) which we all love as well as go kart racing, mini-golf, biking and just general people watching and sight seeing. The other property on the lake is about a 5 min drive from the actual mountain resort, so it is more peaceful! (www.legrandlodge.com)

Oh ya and did I mention the treacherous drive up? About the first 1.5 hours is not too bad (and we're talking single lane highway here), but the last hour or so is around a mountain on a narrow road w/scary curves w/mountain on 1 side and water on the other - no room for error and you could never stop on the shoulder cuz there is none! I can't even imagine how skiers manoever this road in winter time w/ice and snow as I find it pretty challenging in the summer (like when your van starts to dip forward going down and you cannot actually see the road in front of it - now that's scary!)

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 08-11-2005 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:14 PM   #199  

Hey gals, thanks for checking up on me. I had my planned breakfast, exercised, had my planned lunch, but just now I had a tiny 1 ounce bag of Cheetos. I'm not too concerned, because they will get me through to dinner and I have the points. I've been guzzling the water, and I'm over halfway done with the day's water.

I think I was super hungry for the Cheetos because I missed my morning snack (I was out walking) and then I didn't have all I had planned for lunch. Tsk tsk! Those little extras are just so important.

I'm feeling good, and will be good for the rest of the day, I promise.

Angela
Old 08-11-2005, 05:00 PM   #200  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, you'll die when you hear how much cornmeal chicken I made. We eat thighs because we like dark meat. Of course some of the thighs are small. This time I made about 15 thighs. Jim usually has 3 big thighs for dinner and I eat 2 smallish ones. So there are plenty left for each of us to have at least 2 lunches. I'm not a picker/grazer. Jim is though so I always have to tell him when I intend for LO's to be another lunch or he'll pick them to death. When it's going to be a dinner LO, I usually freeze and vacuum seal pretty quickly! He loves it when I tell him, you can have the LO's because then he knows he can eat them however he wants. I'm not a big LO eater especially not right away. The cornmeal chicken is the only stuff I'll eat 2 or 3 days in a row. Jim is diabetic (no insulin just glyburide) so he has to watch what he eats too. It's a real compatible household here!

Deby, I had to have alot of help from our friend Kathy to get mine up. I'll try to find it and post the directions. So are you going to be one of our new Core buddies? It's so cool that you found us where we hang out! Why don't you post your profile on the Profile sticky thread so we can all get to know you a bit? Then come hang out with us. I have another 100 plus pounds to lose so I'll be here for a good long while!

Frouf, I was just curious. I'm finding that it is 100 times harder to be focused and on program when our emotions aren't in sync. That's why I vote that you spend the money and go on your little retreat. Consider it good health money. Because if you don't go recharge you may get sick for sure and THAT will cost a lot of money. The resort is incredibly beautiful. The drive sounds scary but at least it's summer now. It IS still summer in Canada isn't it? Just kidding!

Angela, I'm happy. You sound strong and determined. We can't forget to keep giving you support just because you are at maintenance. We'll all be there someday and we'll need each others support.

Hey, Rita and Chaille, it's 6:00! Is all well at the weigh in? I've got my bravo sign and bouquets of roses ready!

See you later chickies!
Old 08-11-2005, 05:47 PM   #201  
Melissa

CHICKS--I just found a great dessert idea. No Pudge Giant Chocolate Fudge Bars are ZERO points!! That's right, you heard me, ZERO points. Just thought you all might like to know!
Old 08-11-2005, 05:52 PM   #202  

2.2 pounds down!!!! I am so excited that puts me at 20.6 overall. Chris lost 2.6 that puts him at 22.6 overall! I will let Chaille' post hers! I am gonna go change my tracker I'll catch up in a bit!
Old 08-11-2005, 06:25 PM   #203  

Whew, I said I'd catch up and I did read all of them, but yall were really chatty today! I just enjoyed my seriously bad supper I love Thursday Nights, they are what keeps me on track!

Vickie, I too am a scale addict. But you know how women are, up & down and sometimes back all in one day

Sandra, Hope to hear about your weigh in soon.

Angela, I am glad you sound recommitted about your plan. What does your doctor say about your weight?

Frouf, It sounds like a really nice idea to take a nice vacation. Maybe that would help you get some rest and relaxation! Although the ride up and down my cancel out the relaxation part!

Kathy, You need to eat a little bit even if you don't feel hungry. You have got to maintain your strength and your healthy.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:13 AM   #204  

Smile Good Morning! The Board is Back Up!!!

I missed yall last night! Didn't realize how much I would miss yall if no one was there! I hope everyone had a really great evening. I will try to make sure Chaille' gets a chance to post at work today, so she can share her weigh in results.

We have graduation today (every two weeks), I have to speak and present diplomas or report progress. I hate to speak in front of people. I am getting better, but it makes me feel nauseaous every week before hand. I have actually gotten where I don't cry every week. It is still a real emotional event for me every time.

I was thinking that we should be really good at starting fresh. It's like I start fresh every Friday. Whatever happened last week, or last night, is put behind me. It is a new week with a whole new chance!

Angela, I was thinking about your issue with the "120 goal". I guess for most of us older ladies we would be happy to be 10 or 20 pounds above the high limit for weight watchers I can remember when 120 used to be my goal, way back in the dark ages. Seriously though, Your body changes significantly after you have had babies. I don't think it's bad for you to shoot for 120, that will probably help you stay where you need to be. Because I can tell you, you have to stay focused to keep the weight off!

Hope Everyone has a really Great Day!
Old 08-12-2005, 08:49 AM   #205  
Melissa

Morning Chicks! Just wanted to report quickly that I stayed the same this week. I really wanted to drop just one more pound so that I could change my chick...but I'm sure I'll get there next week. Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 08-12-2005, 09:49 AM   #206  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow! I really missed you guys too. I had written a huge post (what a surprise!) and it got lost. The board must have been crashing at 6:00 when I was posting. I'm not sure I can recreate it but I will do so when I get back from the Dentist and errands.

I was having a glass of skim milk and some WW chocolate toffee candies as a treat after dinner. I'm chomping away and all of a sudden I have more in my mouth than I put in. My crown popped out! God's way of telling me to stop spending points?! So, they are going to fit me in at 9:45 today to recement the crown. Thankfully, I didn't swallow it or chew it! I'm also thankful that it didn't give me any pain. There's actually alot of tooth left and no roots seem to be exposed.

I see you and Chris had great weigh ins, Rita. I'll be back later to celebrate and respond to all the posts.

Talk with you all later.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:53 AM   #207  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Poor Vickie - hope your crown is back where it should be by now!

Congrat to you Rita - you are doing great - and your philosophy a new fresh week is one we should all follow. Good luck with your "public speaking" today!

Also congrats to you Melissa - even staying the same is sometimes an accomplishment - better than gaining in any case! Hang in there!

I am feeling worse today due to more lack of sleep and continual worry. I can't seem to shake it off? I was like crying in the car on the way home? (tiredness?) and just felt blah - ended up eating a bagel and fooling around the computer. I did go to bed around 10 w/my book, lights off around 10:30 - but there I was up at 2:40 am (along w/dh) tossing and turning and worrying about stuff - not good when what you really need is SLEEP.

I was also hungry so ended up going downstairs at around 3:15 am for a very early breakfast (bagel, 2 eggs, orange juice) and reading my book on the couch til I don't know when (4 am?) and then falling asleep on the couch.

Needless to say I am trying to stay focussed but not doing well - and I have that nasty tick over my left eye which is confirming how tired I am. I also, when picking up in ds's room, had a peek at her "journal" and it was not pretty! Lots of nasty stuff which made me concerned enuf to call her therapist - who agreed with me and we have scheduled an appt for her next week - instead of waiting til the end of the month.

Yes I need a vacation - right now - I just want to get in my car - and keep driving off into the sunset - no more worries....no more cares! I can barely function at work and I now my boss will be freaking out when she gets back - I feel like I am getting nowhere fast!

Frouf
Old 08-12-2005, 03:45 PM   #208  

Height: 5'7"

Hi, all. Just checking in.

Frouf, if you get down this way, stop by and pick me up. I'll keep you company on the car trip. I need it too.

Vickie, I hope your appointment went well.

Melissa, that's okay on your WI. I'd rather stay the same than go up, wouldn't you?

Angela, I'm always jealous of your garden and now jealous of the rain. I would love to just curl up on the couch and listen to a good storm right now. And you have done so well to get to your WW goal, to say nothing of your personal goal! Maybe you could adjust it a teeny bit; your body obviously wants to be a little above 120.

Rita, way to go on that loss! And congrats to Chris too! You guys are doing so well! It was nice to see your friend on, even though now the "welcome" post is so far back. But anyway, welcome, Chaille'!

Cher, nice to see you. I hope things improve soon. The cole slaw sounds really good; I might have to go look up that recipe.

I wish Terry would come back.

So ... I don't really feel much better. I've sitting in the chair all day but did drag to the tub earlier to take a bath, then went straight back. I have no interest in doing anything, let alone eat. I think yesterday I had a Triscuit and a little piece of garlic bread. Today, nothing so far. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

I heard from my chemo patient today for the first time since we were paired. It was a nice surprise.

Better go back to my chair. I'll be back on tomorrow. Oh and one more thing I was going to mention. I've started copying my text when I have a long post because when I get an error and go back and it's gone, it's pretty annoying. Now when it happens, I just paste it back in and try again. Maybe the rest of you could do it too if you remember.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:54 PM   #209  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hello....here I am! My crown is cemented back in. $72.00 instead of $700.00 which a new crown would have cost. That was one expensive candy treat!

Hey, the post I though was lost showed up! It's there at 4:00 but I posted it at 6:00. Even the body of my post says it's almost 6:00 and I was wondering how Rita and Chaille were doing. Hmmmmm. Gremlins!

Kathy, great idea on the copying of the posts. Sometimes I do it and sometimes I don't. Seems like when I don't...there's a problem! I'm so sad that you are still out of sorts. I wish there was something I could do to cheer you up. Do you think your medicine is working? I wish I could send some rain your way. The grass is actually starting to look a little green around here. It was starting to look like sagebrush. I hope you get a bit of an appetite back soon. It's as bad to not want to eat at all as it is to be ravenous.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:06 PM   #210  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rita/Chris you are both awesome and very inspirational! Doesn't it just make your heart sing when you are making progress? I think you both deserve recognition for your hardwork. I need to pay more attention to your menus, Rita, and think about copying some of them. We're about the same age, aren't we? I have SO destroyed my metabolism. I got my new WW magazine today and I can't wait to devour it! It purports to have an article about metabolism and also one about "feel full" foods. Wanna bet they are all Core? No one here would take that bet. I'm hoping you made it through your presentation today. I used to get very nervous when I had to teach or talk in front of a group. I truly hate to be the center of attention. I think it was a self esteem problem. I'm guessing that you are wonderful. Someone wise once told me that I shouldn't be nervous because I was the expert who knew more than anyone else about the topic. Good point!

Chaille, what's up? That sound you hear is the drumroll for your weigh in results! I'd like to live vicariously through you, Rita, and Chris!

Melissa, you said yourself that you had a lot of points this week so a turtle is probably ok with you? You'll start gaining momentum as soon as you get rested up too. How is Aaron liking that new job of his? Have you heard anything about the job that you applied for? Inquiring minds want to know!

Poor Frouf! What can you do to get some more sleep? I think you need to start making yourself the priority or something really serious could go wrong. How much stress can your poor body take? It stinks that Emily is out of sorts again. I know you don't need that drama to rear it's ugly head again. I was afraid to ask how she was because I didn't want to jinx you. I hope your weekend is tranquil and you can regenerate some how.

Sandra, where are you?

I ran a million errands today and I am pooped. We are cooking steaks, baked potatoes and corn on the cob on the grill. Actually, Jim is cooking which is how I can be on here for a bit. He's a good man. I need to remember to tell him that.
Closed Thread