Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 11:47 AM   #226  
focused and aiming

good morning, chickies. i just finished my leslie sansome "walk away the lbs" (1 mile). my feet held up well, but my arms are tired. i'm very out of shape.

vickie, double the icing recipe for a cake. i actually just posted a half recipe cuz that's all i made yesterday. the recipe i'd found on the net called for plain yogurt and didn't call for much splenda. i like to use sf sc instead of yogurt. plus, i always use more splenda. i am sooooo glad you like carrot cake and cream cheese frosting. maybe this recipe will work for you. i'm going to have more choc cookies/frosting today.

rita, thank you for worrying about me. i sure did miss ya'll yesterday.

melissa, it's always good to be on the boat with you. did you find the no pudge thingees at walmart? i haven't seen them at albertson's.

angela, hmmmmmmmmmm. a date? sounds like fun.

vickie, that's a good idea trying new recipes. i hope the cake/frosting help you. i am going to make that cake in a day or so, too.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:51 AM   #227  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, you sound foggy and beat up. I hope that this passes. I'm happy to hear that you are losing but you're right to think that this isn't the greatest way to go. Maybe you should have a little taste of something that you love to see if you can perk youself up. Wow, I just realized that 152.4 is darn near your goal. Take care of yourself though and try to ignore those darn kids.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:52 AM   #228  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, the tape hurt my arms too!

What do you think about the size of the cake pan? Any ideas? I know you haven't made it yet.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:00 PM   #229  

Vickie, , I'm blushing!

There are many benefits to being at goal - that's all I'm going to say.

Angela
Old 08-13-2005, 12:15 PM   #230  

Height: 5'7"

Angela, you go, girl!
Old 08-13-2005, 12:20 PM   #231  
focused and aiming

kathy, i am worried about you, too. i hope you get better soon. don't worry about ds. treat his being there like having a roommate. i know firsthand that's hard to do, but remember, he's had a lot of freedom and is used to it. make it as easy on yourself as possible.

vickie, i am guessing a square cake pan. i don't know though. i don't understand their talking about a cookie sheet, do you?

all right, angela!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2005, 12:22 PM   #232  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, I keep telling Jim that in 14 pounds he'll be sleeping with a new woman!

Sandra, I had no clue about the cookie sheet, that's why I started asking about pan sizes. I guess I'll just play it by ear or EYE!
Old 08-13-2005, 12:24 PM   #233  
focused and aiming

vickie, let me know what you decide. i may make this cake tomorrow or monday. i'm still chowing down on chocolate cookies right now.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:39 PM   #234  
Southside White Sox Fan

I probably won't make it until after my weigh in on Monday. My scale is still up so I don't need this around right now!
Old 08-13-2005, 03:21 PM   #235  
focused and aiming

i understand. i may not make it till another week. i'm eating a lot of cookies. the total batch was 4 pts so i don't feel bad about dividing them between yesterday and today. i prob should stick to more basic foods after today, though. i need to have a loss, too. need it for my head.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:47 PM   #236  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm drooling for the cake, Sandra, so I'll definitely be making it next week. I'll keep you posted. I think the only thing I don't have is oat bran. Do you count points for that or do you consider it Core?

I'm off to shower soon. First I'm going to make a Cherry Garcia Smoothie for me and Jim. We aren't eating dinner until 6:30. I need to leave around 5:00.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:05 PM   #237  
focused and aiming

vicki, i still consider oat bran core. it was once upon a time. i don't see a need to change it, do you? i guess i'd be drooling for cake more if i didn't have chocolate cookies all in my teeth right now. let me know how it goes.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:10 PM   #238  
focused and aiming

i am on instant messenger right now with a dear friend who's thinking of joining us. her username will probably be "ciaolbs." ya'll are going to love her. she will most likely be doing flex. i told her to come on here because we're all here working together for weightloss. i hope she comes on soon.

also, i talked with billie (gaga27) today. she's been exhausted. she may be getting back here soon. she's the one who told me about sf popsicles. did i tell ya'll about them? 15 calories each. i think she said she eats 8 of them for 1 pt. i've been eating some lately. they are fantastic on hot days.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:15 PM   #239  
Southside White Sox Fan

I just had the Cherry Garcia smoothie for a snack today. It was incredible. It was just missing some dark chocolate chunks. It was VERY creamy and very rich. I give it a thumbs up as did my hubby. Closest thing I've had to ice cream in about 10 months!

Sandra, I heard that there is an infestation of frogs in Montana! What's up with that!

I'm leaving for my dinner plans now. Talk to you all later.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:54 PM   #240  

Hi It is Sandra's friend Roseb. I just popped in to say hello. I will start posting regular when we stop going to the cottage. Hey, I see another friend might be joining. She is a sweetie, believe me.
Sandra I tried your banana pudding tonight and wow it is good.
Well hope every one is in the pink.
I think one of the ladies here is from Ottawa, did you read where I said our son lives in Constance Bay and works in Ottawa?
Blue Skies,
Roseb gosh S. I am having a hard time writing Roseb lol
Closed Thread