Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-14-2010, 01:48 PM   #346  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Shells: Thanks! I really enjoy the baking this year but luckily am not being too tempted to eat much!

Krampus: Germany for New Years sounds awesome!

Vixsin: Congrats on the whoosh!

Pint: Hope you get your water heater fixed soon!

Lauren:

Demona: That is one heck of a workout!

Lindsey: Hope dh gets home soon!

Well got on the scale and it showed a 5lb gain. Some of that I think is just in prep for TOM but some of that is absolutely real. I spent two weeks during finals not eating correctly and not working out. I started working out again seriously today and it felt good.

Plan for today:

B: apple

L: 4 oz ham, 2 c green beans

D: We are going out to Black Angus and I know that I am ordering lobster, the grilled artichoke, brocoli and a baked potato

Total: 1683

Workout:
20 minutes lap swim
60 minutes water aerobics

Roxanne
Started my journey on 9/8/2010
mini goal: 10% loss (261)
mini goal 2: 15% loss (246)
mini goal 3: 20% loss (232)
mini goal 4: move into onderland
mini goal 5: weigh 150 (5 lbs less than I did in high school)
Major Goal: Be able to climb to the summit of Mt. St Helens in the 2011 hiking season (May thru November)

For every 5lbs lost:

Goal One Ticker:

End Goal Ticker

Keeping Track of my loss
September 2010: 4 lbs lost
October 2010: 11 lbs lost
November 2010: 5 pounds lost
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:10 PM   #347  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Ok, this is going to sound weird to everyone. I bought a camera last week. I was all excited about having some pictures of myself at a lower weight. DH took a couple pictures of me and I also took a couple. I HATE THEM! From the waist down I look OK. My face, neck, and collarbone area looks too thin. I swear I look sick! I know the problem is that I'm not used to seeing myself. Ack! Right now I weigh about 40 pounds less than I did in my avatar. I know all of this is my perception because I am not used to how I look. Everyone tells me that I look great. In fact, I was talking with a new customer yesterday. He was not aware of my weight issues. He said 'it looks like you take very good care of yourself'. I asked my Mom and DH about this comment. They all agreed that it was a very good comment and that it was a reflection of more than my weight. That over all I look like a very healthy person.

I'm back. Ok, I went and asked DH about all of this. He said that I do look thin. How can I look thin at 175. Ack!

I need to go ask my friend. I will update in a while about what she says.
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:22 PM   #348  
Trying to live below 200

I'm back. I just called my friend. She came by to see me yesterday. I asked her about how I look. She confirmed that I look very thin above the waist and my lower body is the right size. I asked her opinion about what I should do and she said that I am a perfect weight and I should not lose another pound.

I literally look like a skeleton in my pictures. They were so bad that I deleted them.

How can I weigh 175 pounds and look like a skeleton?
Old 12-14-2010, 02:56 PM   #349  
Wreck'n'Rule

S/C/G: 168/138/133

Height: 5'5

/startrant:

God, I love it when some of my friends who have no nutritional/medical background try to give me 'advice' about my eating habits. You don't KNOW how my body works and how I feel after eating a given food, so quiet with the 'advice'. And most of them are overweight, I hasten to add, so their views on food are mainly just EAT EAT EAT. And one of them had the cheek to tell me to get in a walk a day. Listen, pal, I exercise more in a day than you do in a YEAR, so don't give me advice. And, get this, they said I can't possibly have any food allergies or intolerances because they must be 'all in my head'. Okay then, feed me a peanut and YOU can explain to my mother how my allergy is 'all in my head'. And yes, I'm highly strung, but that's just how I am. GRR!

/endrant

Food today:
Breakfast: Yoghurt and an apple. I put the apple in the fridge. Bad move. Makes them painful to bite into xD
Lunch: Can best be described as 'mixed misc veg' soup and rice cakes. There were unidentifiable things in that soup. I shan't be having that again.
Snack: Half a bag of chocolate buttons. My day was sucking hugely at that point.
Dinner: Rice cakes and jam. Nom nom nom.

My back feels like it's on fire as well due to lugging boxes around at work because the rest of my colleagues are apparently incapable of doing this. Uck, not a good day. Oh, and my car has developed a funny vibration and a weird sort of clunk when I accelerate suddenly. Gods... could it get ANY worse for what is left of today ><
Wysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:06 PM   #350  
Trying to live below 200

Ok, I have gotten over myself. DH took some more pictures that I like a little better. I am going to the makeup counter and talk with them about my coloring. I am naturally VERY pale. I actually use a bronzer, but I still look pale.

I am going to keep doing what I am doing eating/exercise and see what happens. I know the most stubborn places (for me below the waist) are the last places that you lose. I'll see how it goes.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:06 PM   #351  

S/C/G: 340/251/170 (32/24/16)

Height: 5'4"

Hey y'all,

I'm new here.

But, I sure do need some accountability!

Thanks for this thread, Diana and thank you to all who participate.

--Pineapples
Pineapples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:26 PM   #352  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Pineapples--Welcome!!

Diana--175 is a good weight. I know that when I weighed 155, I looked like a skeleton too. Even when I was 250 and the nurses would weight me, they'd always start the slider bar at 100. I'd immediately put it at 200 and their eyes would get big and say "There's no way you weigh over 200". I guess, I hide it well. Maybe it's the same with you? How do you feel at 175? What would you like your weight to ultimately be?

Wysteria--Seriously, how ignorant are they?? Gah!! I'm irritated for you.

Roxan--I love baking, too!

Lindsey--Thinking of you and your hubby and praying for safe travels. I hate it when my dh is gone. I'm such a baby without him and I'm always worrying. Let us know when he gets in safely. And congrats on the 154!!

Vixsin--Yay, for the woosh!!! Awesome job!! We'll get there, my friend!!

Pint--Wow, that is cold! Ugh, on the no water. Hopefully, you'll get it back soon.

Krampus--Enjoy Germany! My mom used to work as a nurse in Heidelberg.

Today's Info:

Exercise with the hubs later. He's going to do LS with me!

Breakfast: 2 pieces of toast, 1.5tbs PB, coffee
Lunch: LC stir fry, 1 cheese string
Dinner: Isa's Rustic Winter Stew w/ polenta
Dessert: Isa's apple crisp w/ sugar free vanilla ice cream

Calories: 1,243

Calories: Will have to get back with that later when I calculate the calories for the dinner and dessert

Last edited by shellsbrood; 12-14-2010 at 05:57 PM.
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:35 PM   #353  

S/C/G: 340/251/170 (32/24/16)

Thanks for the welcome, Shellsbrood!
Pineapples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:34 PM   #354  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Diana - You might still be adjusting to the new you..?? Like Shells asked..how do you feel at 175?

Roxanne - Thank you!

Shells - OMG, that is SO me..I am a baby with out him and worry constantly! lol I usually sleep with a few lights on..always afraid someone might get me while he's gone! I appreciate your prayers..hope he gets here safely!

Pineapples - WELCOME!!!

Not much on my agenda today so I decided to make some homemade candles! DH got me a candle making kit for my birthday (which was in August)! I made a few when I got it but since we moved to TN I haven't busted it out...I made 6. 5 turned out good..one is just weird looking so I scraped out the wax and will reuse the tin. I made Jasmine Vanilla, Lavender Vanilla and Lilac Blossoms (mostly lilac with a hint of jasmine and vanilla).

Anyways...hope everyone has a great day!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:54 PM   #355  
Trying to live below 200

Pineapples Hi and Welcome!

Don't you just love it when a woman has a freak out moment? You don't see men running around saying 'does my thighs look fat?' 'does my butt look big?' 'do I look like a skeleton?' OMG! I can't believe the moment I had earlier. We have a glass on my office door. It's black, so you can see your reflection. DH took me out there to look at myself. He said 'look at yourself you don't look like that picture on the camera'.

I guess I'm just not used to the way I look. I haven't had any new pictures in a long time. Also, the light in my office is high powered fluorescent. It's very bright and it made me look scary.

Looking at myself in the mirror, I like what I see. I don't see a scary thin person. I don't even look as pale as I did on the camera. I think I need to lose some weight in my lower body. Maybe if I lose anymore if will come off the most stubborn area (lower body).
Old 12-14-2010, 08:34 PM   #356  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Pineapples Hi and Welcome!

Don't you just love it when a woman has a freak out moment?
Honey, I have those on a daily basis!

I'm glad you like what you see when you look in the mirror!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:58 PM   #357  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Evening Girls!!!

Well the good news is...my dental torture has come to an end! Tonite was my last appointment. Thank goodness. My mouth feels like she really wanted me to remember her. It's SUPER painful but luckily I still have some Tylenol with codeine. <--- That's how they make me feel!

Diana: Some days I live in a constant state of freaking out. LOL I am so glad that you like what you see in the mirror.

Hi!! to everyone. Hope you all have a great night. I am off to relax and wait for my meds to kick in.

See you all tomorrow!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:21 PM   #358  
Trying to live below 200

Ok, I think I have found out the reason for the stark paleness from the picture. The lady at the make up counter said that some makeup does that that when you take a picture. Whew! I knew I wasn't that white! Anyways, I asked her opinion about my makeup and she said that I am pale and that I shouldn't take my makeup darker because that would give me that mask look. She did suggest that I not wear blush. I should just use a little bronzer as the blush and to continue to put the bronzer all over like I have been doing. She also suggested that I use a little more color on my eyes. Basically I am doing most of it right, it's just that makeup reflects light from the flash of a camera.

Now I am feeling better about things.

I hope I didn't sound like a vain person about liking what I see in the mirror. I guess what I meant is compared to what I saw on the camera today. I didn't like that look at all. I didn't realize that makeup would reflect like that. I have actually always been ok with myself. Even when I was 356+ pounds. I never felt like a 356+ pound person. It's weird.

Vixsen I'm glad the dental visits are over for now.

Lindsey I'll be keeping your DH in my thoughts and Prayers for a safe return home on Thursday.

Total Approx 1405 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber English muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch (340 Calories)
2 Slices Nature's Own Wheat 35 calorie bread 70 Calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Sliced Turkey 60 calories
Mustard 0 Calories
Romaine Heart leaves 0 calories
Oikos Yogurt 110 calories
1 apple 100 calories

Dinner 700 calories
Grilled chicken 400 Calories
Bread w/butter 100 calories
2 orders green beans 200 calories

Exercise
Cathe's Travel Fit
TJ Ab Jam
TF Fire 45 EZ
Old 12-14-2010, 10:38 PM   #359  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Diane, you crack me up. You didn't come across as vain! I am very pale as well, and I use Bare Minerals makeup. The way the layers work evens my skin out and photographs so well it almost looks airbrushed. Oh, AND you can barely tell you're wearing it, but it doesn't rub off and stuff. I should show you a before and after with it, it's amazing, LOL. (now who sounds vain! )

Today wasn't on plan since we had no running water until 5pm today, and then we were on a boil advisory until 7. Being unable to wash dishes or use water to cook or drink made things a total PITA. I never realized how many times a day I washed my hands until today!!! I wasn't able to shower until after 7pm and I felt totally gross. To top it off, since I've been feeling bad, we've put off grocery shopping, which really put us in a fix today since fresh fruits and veggies are always the first to go in this house and we had none left. Well, except for a grapefruit, which I greatly dislike...

I didn't go over my calorie budget, I just didn't eat very healthily. I'm thinking it's TTOM on top of everything else because I'm getting all bloated, my lower back is killing me and I'm cramping. Not to mention I'm TOTALLY moody. I started crying and yelled at my husband because he cut our son's hair too short. Eventually I was able to laugh it off, but even as I was trying to laugh it off I was close to tears. I never get like that, so I don't know if it was just TOM plus stress plus no water (and no shower) and being off plan and not having enough fresh fruits/veggies... LOL... yeah, I'm moody.

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 12-14-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:38 AM   #360  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I am up too early again this morning. Magnum, our dog woke us up at 3:30 needing to go out. We have been getting home later than normal, so he has been eating later. I think that's why he's having to go out in the middle of the night. I am going to feed him his last meal at the shop (we take him back and forth with us). That way he can get all his business done by the time we go to bed.

Add on from last night's makeup drama: All of my makeup comes from the cosmetics counter, but my powder. I bought a L'oreal powder the last time. I read the package and it has that luminosity feature to it. You don't see it normally, but when you take a picture, you can see it. I will probably go back to the other powder I was using. I don't recall ever having that problem before. It really made me look sick in the pictures. Ok, maybe that drama is over.

Hey, the good thing about this thread, you can come here and get tips on diet, exercise, pets, and even learn a little bit about makeup.

Pint Did you get a shower? I know not having water is a total PITA! We are so used to electricity and running water, etc. It's such an inconvenience when we don't have them. We didn't have electricity for 3 months when Hurricane Hugo demolished our area. Total PITA! I hope today is a better day for you. Yes, I would like to see before and after pictures, if you have them. One of the things the makeup lady told me last night was that I look so natural and it's like I don't have makeup on. It sounds like Bare Minerals works really well for you.