Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 290/272/165

Height: 5'7.5

Racrane- Sure and welcome! When is your due date? Theres also another rmom on here thats putting her baby up for adoption! It's a hard thing, but as that babys mother you do know best for your own child!

So tired! I had my nephew at 6am this morning and he decided to shriek and cry for an hour and a half- just because I wouldn't hold him the whole time like my sister does. Went to talk to my mechanic about a new car today. Hopefully, I can get this figured out in the next couple months so I don't have to settle on a car i don't really like or a buy here pay here place right before or after lil guy is here. I just want to get everything done. Also Went to the secondhand stores today. They had tons of outfits that were practically new for a dollar each on clearance! Most name brand, some still had tags. What a great deal!

I'm Starting to make invites for the baby shower as i'm customizing them myself since it will be cheaper to just print them off. My sister is throwing it, but doesn't wanna buy invites lol I started a registry too. Too soon? Idk! But it's taking forever to add stuff me and DF can agree on. I really do have most of the say but I don't want something if he absolutely hates it!

Hope you ladies are having a fantastic day! Off to do homework. I miss high school!
Old 01-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Bargoo, I'm in the same boat as Amanda. Inexplicable weight gain. I'm eating right, working out 45 minutes a day, 5 days a week at a good (yet safe) intensity and burning calories just as always. I'm eating fruits and veggies and not pigging out on anything. And yet I'm up 23 pounds at 22 weeks. My doctor told me no more than 25-35 pounds....and right now I'm up 2 pounds a week every week, and I KNOW the baby isn't gaining that much!!! Just worries me that something is wrong in there!
Old 01-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

keller237: I'm due August 29th, so right at the end of summer. I'm honestly not looking forward to being the most pregnant at the hottest month of the year for Wisconsin. But that's life.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #229  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! sorry for being gone for so long. Life got in the way again, you know how it goes.

Racrane-p Hi! I'm the other mom Keller was talking about ^.^

Ladies!! I think I'm feeling false labor or the worst bout of gas I have ever felt in my life!
Not passing gas though, it's like it's trapped. so many people say it's falce labor. But I thought 19 weeks was too early for false labor pains? Is it? The pain is high on my belly, well above my belly button and it swops around my sides to my lower back. It's been going on for the past 24 hours. It was so bad yesterday that it work me from the middle sleeping because no matter how I lay it hurt. it wasn't in waves, it was just a constant pain. I woke my DF which must of freaked him out because it must of looked like I was in labor they way I B***'in and moaning about it. ^.^
Gas meds seemed to have helped which leds me to think it's just gas that wont move, but the pain keeps coming back.
It's the weekend and ER bills are beastly...I should be okay to wait until monday as long as it isn't much worse? I"m not spotting or anything so I'm not worried, but i don't want to wait till it's too late.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:07 PM   #230  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi everyone,

This is the kind of week where I've just been trying to keep my head above water!

A little bit of semi-scary news at our ultrasound on Wednesday, although logically it isn't likely to be anything of consequence - our boy has a little dilation in both of his kidneys. This means that, for whatever reason, at the time of the ultrasound, he had a little urine built up in the storage area of the kidneys, making them bigger than average. This is a pretty common finding (they see it in maybe 1-3% of ultrasounds, much more commonly in boys than girls), and generally doesn't result in any serious complications.

In the vast majority of cases, it either is a blip that goes away in subsequent ultrasounds (I found some interesting research showing that it could be related to maternal hydration...and I am NOTHING if not well hydrated, plus they made me chug a big bottle of water so I'd have a full bladder for the cervical measurements, so I was SUPER hydrated), or something that the baby grows out of before birth or by the time he is 2 years old, without any necessary interventions other than possible antibiotics to prevent bladder and kidney infections.

However, it CAN be a marker for chromosomal abnormalities (but we are extremely low risk due to my age and donor's age, our son has no other so called "soft markers", and our first and second trimester screenings both came back with odds of having any sort of chromosomal problem as 1/4000 or so, so that is extremely unlikely in our case), or it CAN be a urinary tract problem that requires intervention after he's born (which would be a fairly non-invasive surgery) or even before he's born (which would obviously be only in severe cases). The main concern if his kidneys were non-functional in utero would be that the amniotic fluid levels would get too low, and he'd have to be delivered early or would have trouble breathing because of it, but again, that would be really rare and would only occur in very severe cases.

So we have to go back for a Level 2 ultrasound to check out his kidneys, his spine, and his nuchal fold (the last two, presumably, are to check for Down syndrome and other chromosomal issues). I am trying to focus on the 95% of the time that this finding is basically incidental, instead of focusing on the much smaller percentage of things that could really be a problem. And of course, I'm not drinking a ton of water before that ultrasound!!

Luckily he reassures me with his flip flopping around. Sarah has started reading books to my belly, and he loves it.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:50 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 249.2/on hold/166

Height: 5'5"

racrane - Welcome.

Sakai - Good to hear from you, I was getting worried It sounds like maybe trapped gas. At 19 weeks the top of your uterus is only at about your belly button so if you were having contractions or braxton hicks they would most likely be lower. I would rest if you can and make sure your drinking enough water as dehydration can cause contractions/braxton hicks, just to be on the safe side.

Manadlinn- Wow that is nerve wracking news. I think you are wise to go with focusing on the 95% chance it just being incidental. When do you go for your level 2 ultrasound? I will be sending healthy kidney vibes out to your little guy.

So I have had two neat experiences this past week. I am pretty sure I felt my first movement from the outside. I was lying on the couch and reading with my hand resting on my lower belly and I felt a little bump from the inside and at the same time a bump to my hand. It was just under my belly button so would be near the top of my uterus The second was I think I felt the baby having hiccups, it was these rhythmical little taps coming every 3 seconds or so for about a min or so low on my left side. DS used to get hiccups at least twice a day in utero but I don't think I felt them before 25 weeks or so but it really did feel like when he would get them but smaller

So I have my anatomy scan on Wed and I am feeling a bit anxious. Ugh, I love ultrasounds because you get to see the baby and feel reassured when everything is good but I also get so anxious that there will be some problem discovered. Anyway I know stressing about it wont change the outcome either way so I am just trying to focus on the positive and the bigger odds that all will be wonderful!
Old 01-15-2012, 08:19 AM   #232  

Hey y'all!

Sakai...I agree. I bet it's gas! But with anything, I always say if you're worried and it doesn't go away, call your doctor just to be sure. If nothing else it will set your mind at ease!

Amanda...pretty stressful news! But like you said, I bet it turns out to be nothing hugely major. Keeping my fingers crossed for you...and look on the bright side, you get another ultrasound to see your little man!!

Butterflymama...I get the same way too before ultrasounds, for sure. But this one is cool. You get to see the baby forever!! The odds of there being a problem are small. Just enjoy it!

As for me, I had WAY too much caffeine yesterday. Accidentally made a pot of full caffeine coffee to drink instead of decaf. Whoops! Didn't realize until it was gone.

I get worried sometimes because I don't feel a ton of movement. I mean, a lot of y'all, and the ladies I'm friends with on Facebook from another board, say they feel all kinds of movement and can even SEE the baby moving in their bellies sometimes. I get sporadic kicks and punches, and that's it. Couple of times one hour, then nothing forever, then a few times and that's all for the day.

At what point do you begin to worry that there's not enough movement??
Old 01-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #233  

Red face

Mindi- My doctor told me not to count kicks or pay attention to how often until 28 weeks. Because of her size, he said it's normal and that as long as you feel your baby kick at least once everyday not to worry. Before finding out the gender, he also said sometimes kicks can be a sign-- that girls tends to be lazier and less active. I think most of us are having boys lol

Racrane- It'll be okay! At least theres pools you can go in. Just enjoy your pregnancy and don't focus on little things like that.

Sakai- Glad to hear from you! My doctor warned me about braxton hicks around 22 weeks. He said it's not common to start that early, but some women do. It would be low and shouldn't cause a backache. It sounds like gas that you're describing. Maybe ask your doctor about taking some gas medicene to relieve it?

Manda- How stressful! Way to focus on the positive though as most would see the "bad" in it. Sending good thoughts your way.

Buttefly- Are you finding out the gender or waiting? Yay for the movement. How exciting!

On my end, they released my dad a couple days ago unable to figure out what's wrong. He was told to take it easy for a couple days but is back to work and on doctor monitoring 2+ times a week for now. They said if it happens again, they can go in and do some kind of further testing but he was exhausted from being bugged so much!

For the past 4 nights, I get these upper thigh, groin and hip pains. It feels like sombody is kicking me in the crotch. It hurts to walk or move. I couldn't even get up to eat last night and it took me ten minutes to get to the bathroom, maybe 25 feet away. I was in so much pain. It's not here in the morning when I get up, only after i've been on the couch for a long time doing homework or when I lie down to sleep. I googled it(Bad idea but what else do I do at 3am?!) and it said something about pressure being put on a nerve and that there is nothing to do if it doesn't go away on it's own. So now i'm hopeless. I think i'm going to call my doctor tuesday when they are open if it continues but i'm not making a trip to the er over it. DF about cried last night watching me crying and moaning in pain.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #234  

Keller,I've heard that the baby may start pushing on a nerve....you may get it checked out!! And hope all goes well with your dad. Maybe it was some fluke spasm or something that won't happen again...

I may have heard about not counting kicks til after 28 weeks. It was just weird because she was in there doing flips daily for like a week and then suddenly nothing...even after I eat which I could always count on before.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #235  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Keller - when you're sitting on the couch and it hurts, how are you positioned? It sounds like Pelvic Girdle pain, which can be made worse by sitting up with your legs out straight in front of you and your back slouched. So if you're sitting with your feet up and your back against the couch arm or etc, you might try curling one leg up or otherwise changing positions.

I said I'm *trying* not to focus on the negatives. Some days are more successful than others.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #236  

So here's a random question for you...after having a baby, how long are women told to take it easy? I've never heard of a single woman released to go back to normal activities (including working out) before six weeks.

Just curious...something I was wondering about today!
Old 01-15-2012, 07:38 PM   #237  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Mindi- They say 6 weeks, but I've been released after 4 weeks with both of mine. I was out for very slow, easy walks within 72 hours. It's different if you have a c-section, both of mine were vaginal births with no complications. Oh, and I have never been able to wait longer than 3 weeks to have sex. Shhhhh... don't tell my doctor.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #238  

Manda- Thats exactly how I sit. However, even trying to move, sit with one leg up, bent, etc etc actually makes it feel tens time worse. And once I lay down, i'm done for and can't get up. Sitting in a chair with good posture hurts too.

It's just after 6:30 and i'm already in excruciating pain and crying. My DF is trying to get me to go to the er but I hate them and only have bad memories of being pregnant in the er. I can't even get up to pee without rolling off the couch because it hurts so bad.

Mindi- All the moms i know have been told six weeks for vaginal delivery, eight weeks for c-section. However, i know people who have gone back to work within a week of having a baby due to money issues. My sisters doctor made her wait 10 weeks, but her baby was 2 weeks overdue and a few complications from size.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:58 PM   #239  

I'm getting six weeks off from work, but it's gonna be hard to not work out for six weeks! DH thinks I'm crazy...but it's gonna be like losing my right arm after doing it five days a week for five years!
Old 01-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #240  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

You might be surprised. It's not like you'll be sitting around the house with nothing to do.
Closed Thread