Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Finally got the list of names from my husband! He liked Lainey, Abigail and Piper. Audrey was my favorite, and he so far says no. But I also liked Lainey, and Abigail was my original favorite that he said no to forever ago. Right now he's pushing for Lainey Abigail, which is cute. But we'll see...
Old 01-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 290/272/165

Height: 5'7.5

We have a healthy and very stubborn BOY! We were with the sonographer for 45 minutes trying to get measurements because he was butt up and wouldn't turn. But he sure opened his legs wide open within the first thirty second of being bugged!
Old 01-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 249.2/on hold/166

Height: 5'5"

Congrats Keller! Boys rock My DS is going to be 4 on the 29th of this month and he is a sweet heart
Old 01-04-2012, 12:24 AM   #184  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Yay! So excited to have someone join me on team Boy!
Old 01-04-2012, 08:45 AM   #185  

My back is KILLING me. I just feel like crying. Started a few weeks ago as pain around my left kidney by the end of the day at work, where I literally sit all day. Then it progressed to pain by lunchtime. This week it's pain as soon as I sit in a chair.

I keep asking women who have been pregnant before, and their oh-so-helpful answer always seems to be "It gets worse. Get used to it."

When do you call the doctor?
Old 01-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #186  
Moderating Mama

At the point where you're non-functional, you call the doctor. They can make recommendations even if there isn't a lot they can do.

Are you stretching? Warm bath? Does tylenol touch the pain? Is your peeing all normal (pain over kidney could be a UTI, another reason to call your doc...pregnant women are way more prone to them). Are you properly hydrated?

I am getting used to feeling him move consistently now. Our big anatomy scan is on Friday, and this is the first one where I'm not as nervous that something is wrong, just because I can feel him flipping around in there.

I officially put my scale away, since my midwife yelled at me and told me, essentially, "Post obese women gain weight like no one else, you're doing everything right, and you're just stressing yourself out". Had two lovely hikes this weekend, one of them pushing a double stroller up a gigantic hill (now THERE is a workout!). FIL's twins are so freaking cute I can't stand it, and every time I go down, I reassure myself that I DO know what I'm doing with babies and I'm not totally screwed.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #187  

I'm not non-functional yet, Amanda, but I'll ask him about it at my next appointment. At the rate I'm going I will be before the third trimester. I'm stretching and working out like normal, and it never, ever hurts unless I'm sitting in a chair. I haven't taken Tylenol at all, just because I pretty much don't like it. Never even liked taking it when I wasn't pregnant. Urination is totally normal, and I drink like 100 oz of water a day...just stay thirsty all the time.

I need to put the scale away, but I can't do it yet. I'm obsessed, but not as badly as I was. I just weigh in once a week. It makes sense, though, that women who have been obese will gain. Our bodies remember how to even though we don't want them to, i'm sure!
Old 01-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #188  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hello ladies!

I'm still here. I've been keeping up with this thread but mostly on my phone and this site is a pain to update from my mobile so I haven't been posting. But now both boys are asleep and I have a minute to myself to get on the 'real' computer.

Everything is going well here. I'm 16 weeks (ish... I can't keep track anymore.) We had an ultrasound done at 15w3d, usually a little too early to positively determine gender, and the tech looks and says "Whoa! Those are definitely boy parts! No questions there." None of my boys have been shy for the ultrasound techs, lol! I'm super excited to be having another boy. Although, I must admit, I'm a little freaked out about 3 boys in 3 years. My house is already nuts! I am confident that it's going to be a blast, though.

My weight gain is a little wonky. I gained around 10lbs in the first 6 weeks (which, as irritating as it is, is normal for me. I've done it with all 3 now) and have been sitting within 2-3 lbs of that since then. I haven't been back to the gym yet, but that's primarily due to exhaustion. I've also not been eating enough as it is, and don't want to compound that by adding hugely to my calorie burn (it's not unusual for me to burn 700-1000 calories in a gym session.) I have never been one to forget to eat until this pregnancy. Between chasing my 2 boys and some construction we've had going on at the house I will often get to dinner having eaten less than 700 calories all day. I need to work on that, it's not healthy for anyone involved.

Anyhow. All in all we're doing well. I have another ultrasound in a few weeks, it'll be fun to see how much little dude has grown. I am considered a high risk pregnancy due to my severe asthma, so I get to have ultrasounds every 4 weeks now and then every week toward the end. It's inconvenient since my Dr is 40 minutes away, but really fun to see baby so often.

I'll try to be on here more. I love reading about how everything is going with all of you. Know that I'm keeping up even if I'm not posting!
Old 01-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #189  
By God's Grace

Mindi - Could it be sciatica? I know that primarily runs through the hips, but could the pain be radiating? I know that sciatica tends to bother people more when they are seated. It's just a guess though.

On another note, I think it's remarkably rude when people tell pregnant women "Get used to it (whatever "it" may be), it gets worse." This is a time in life when we need lots of encouragement and, if nothing else, commiseration. We don't need people constantly telling us things get worse or, my personal favorite , telling first time moms their labor horror stories. I'm generally a pretty easy going person, but it really rankles me that people's personal space barriers and brain/mouth filters completely shut off when they are around pregnant people. /end rant

I hope you get it figured out, being in pain really stinks!
Old 01-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #190  
By God's Grace

Mandalinn - Your bump is so cute!! <3

Last edited by Gale02; 01-04-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #191  

Thanks, Gale! I've wondered about the sciatica myself. It's definitely on the list to ask my doctor next Wednesday at our monthly appointment!

It bugs me too, all the "non-help helping." I don't have a mom to talk to about these things anymore, so I rely on the help of women who have been there. Only the women I know who have been there aren't being terribly helpful!! I'm glad I have y'all to talk to!!
Old 01-05-2012, 02:44 AM   #192  

S/C/G: 290/272/165

Height: 5'7.5

I think my biggest annoyance(and dfs too) is when people tell us "it only gets worse." The people around me do that ALL the time.

So DFs whole family and two of my friends are beyond pissed at us... and i don't care. They are all pissed because I announced on FB that it's a boy and didn't call each and every one of them. I told them all to get their heads out of their a$s and quit thinking they are "priority" in our lives. Why waste my whole day calling them when I could put it on fb and they all know at the same time? Apparently it made me selfish. I'm soo sick of people. I've even had them try to tell me what to name him! UGH! (So then I flipped out about how nobody makes the decisions who didn't concieve him. Oops. Everybody thinks i'm a MAJOR B!tch right now.)

Started school back up this week and quit my job(Well not officially yet but I will here soon. I don't have to gve two weeks because they won't rehire if you havent worked there for at least a year.) My job is soo stressful and they keep jacking my paychecks up. My last one was short over a hundred dollars and my supervisor tried to tell me I missed hours so only got minimum wage when I didn't. I'm just frustrated with it and had planned to quit in March to move and stay home with little one anyways. DF is a little mad about it but supportive . It's just way too much and I don't want to put more stress on me or baby.

My body is sooooo sore. I really just want to work out but it hurts to walk for more than 20 minutes. My feets, hips, back, everything! He likes to hang in my lower parts and kick my stomach and punch towards my back. And the puking is back, all week so far.. and i think i might be making a run here in a few since I just ate. Bleck. So disgusting.

Gale- Jealous you found out so early. But yay for the boy! Do you know what his name is gonna be?
Old 01-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #193  
Moderating Mama

My rule is "If you didn't put him in there, and you're not going to take him out, you don't get to have an opinion". Working pretty well so far, although I am getting tired of the "you'll find out" or "you'll see that..." unsolicited parenting advice going on. Especially on some of the stuff we feel pretty strongly about for our little guy...breastfeeding unless there is some major health problem doing so, cloth diapers, etc. This weekend I had to listen to "Babies just do better on formula" and "you'll never manage cloth diapers for the first 3-6 months. You can start after that, maybe". Argh.

I have an anterior placenta, and it makes me sad! I feel him moving in there, but not a lot of big punches and kicks. Good news, though, is that he doesn't keep me up at night since he's mostly kicking the placenta! Small favors, I guess.

My scale is officially on the shelf. It's freaking me out.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #194  
By God's Grace

Mandalinn - You can do it all! I breastfed my first for a year and did cloth diapers until he was 18 months old (stopped because of some rash issues.) I will admit I didn't do cloth with my second and won't with my third. With 2 kids in diapers I can't handle the extra laundry. I don't know who's telling you babies do better on formula but it's been proven over and over again that breast feeding is healthier. Shoot, it even says so on the formula container.

I think we all need to just not listen to anyone but those we respect and trust. Everyone has an opinion, most of them (opinions, that is) are fairly useless.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:04 PM   #195  
By God's Grace

Haha, Mandalinn, speaking of unsolicited opinions... You might be really glad if you wait a few days to start with the cloth diapers. I learned the hard way that meconium does not come out of cloth diapers. It's like tar. FWIW.
Closed Thread