Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 07:16 AM   #301  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Katrina - you can use cream if it is less than 20 calories. I think that is a tablespoon of 1/2&1/2, but don't quote me. You can have 3 free foods a day. Or switch to milk and have part of your dairy/protein in your coffee.
I don't do fat free dairy unless I am out at a coffee shop. At home, we drink 1% and that is what I drink in my lattes at home. Out, I get skim because most places don't have 1%.
There is not much calorie difference between skim and 1%, or even 2% for that matter.

I eat about 45 minutes after I get up, after showering and feeding the animals and such. During the day I eat about every 2-3 hours. I like eating

Sue - you are doing great!!
Old 04-09-2008, 09:48 AM   #302  
The Radiant One

How's everyone doing? Had a good week - lost 1.2 pounds!
Old 04-09-2008, 07:09 PM   #303  

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and new to Nutrisystem. I am on my 3rd day and have to say that so far so good. I love the convenience of NS and was surprised at how good the food was. This morning I had the choco chip pancakes with strawberries drizzled with honey and a glass of skim milk--delicious!!! For lunch I had the turkey hotdog (very good) and a big salad. Dinner will be cheese pizza and raw veggies. I could never eat these kinds of food on a real diet. Oh, and I love the soy chips!

A little bit about me...I am 30 years old, recently married, a active duty member in the United States Air Force, and we're currently stationed in CA. I got married in Nov. and have been putting off our honeymoon to Hawaii until I can lose some weight. I attribute my weight gain to stress (my husband was in Iraq), and working the night shift. I feel I have to eat to stay awake. I am a regular at the gym; so I don't think exercise is a problem for me. I have been taking an hour long weight lifting class for the past 3 months; so I know I've got some muscle under this fat! I think eating the wrong things and the wrong portions is my biggest downfall; so I think NS will work for me. I hope so anyway.

Well I think I rambled on long enough. I would love to accept and lend support to all fellow NSers! Take care and good luck with your weight loss goals this week!

~Sarah
Old 04-09-2008, 07:14 PM   #304  

Hi Everyone!

Lori - C O N G R A T S ! ! ! Those 150's are just about yours! WOO HOO

Sarah - Welcome. let us know if you have any questions. Sounds like you are doing well. Post often and I look forward to getting to know you!

Sue
Old 04-10-2008, 02:21 PM   #305  

S/C/G: 255/222/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello Everyone,

I just placed my first NS order and should be on the program by next Monday.

I have been seriously trying to lose weight since last summer. With a hypo thyroid, it has been a struggle. I was very happy with a fresh food delivery system I tried (for two months), but it was too expensive to continue. For me it seems that life's stresses, time crunches and unpredictability (if that's a word) makes it too easy to go off plan if healthy meals are not there when I'm tired and hungry.

So, I'v been working with a trainer and concentrating on exercise and fittness, since I can at least see and feel tangible results. It's great to get stronger and feel more energetic, but, it is time to see some major movement on the scale (at this rate I'd reach goal in the year 2021.

I am ready to do this and hope NS will help me to start taking off significant lbs. I would be ecstatic with 2 lbs a week! Reading your NS posts has been inspiring and I'v seen some great tips!

Here's to posting lots of lower numbers!
Thanks - Goldie
Old 04-10-2008, 08:39 PM   #306  
The Radiant One

Welcome Goldie - and good luck!
Old 04-11-2008, 06:00 AM   #307  

Good Morning!

Goldie - Welcome! I found NS to be a little overwhelming in the beginning. The best thing I can say is to track everything in the planner they send or online....kind of takes the guess work out of everything. I am sure you will do very well!

Weigh in tomorrow - wish me luck!

Sue
Old 04-11-2008, 08:44 AM   #308  
The Radiant One

Here are your wishes, Sue!
Old 04-11-2008, 10:48 AM   #309  

S/C/G: 255/222/145

Height: 5'4"

Lori and Sue,

Thanks for the welcome and advice. I can't wait to get my delivery. It should come tomorrow, but I'll be at my MIL's till Sunday evening.

Sue - Good luck!

~ Goldie

Last edited by Goldia; 04-11-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:51 AM   #310  

Good Morning!

All those wishes worked...I am kind of stunned....I lost 2.7 pounds this week...total 31.7. wow.

Goldie - good luck on monday - i would do the shopping for the add-ins this weekend so you are all ready to go.

I am going to an offsite adoption event today, I am packing food and should be good to go.

Have a great weekend!

Sue
Old 04-12-2008, 08:11 AM   #311  
The Radiant One

Sue!!

Old 04-12-2008, 06:23 PM   #312  
HeatherJ

S/C/G: 230/230/170

Height: 5'10"

Talking

Hello all,

Does anyone know if you can do this program while nursing? My DD is almost one and I am only nursing 3-4 times a day, but I really don't want to loose my milk.

Thanks
Old 04-13-2008, 07:46 AM   #313  
The Radiant One

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrahlw View Post
Hello all,

Does anyone know if you can do this program while nursing? My DD is almost one and I am only nursing 3-4 times a day, but I really don't want to loose my milk.

Thanks
I would call NS about this 800.321.thin
Old 04-13-2008, 09:49 AM   #314  

S/C/G: 210/194.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Back!

Hi, everyoine!

My internet is back up and running. We had a storm about a week ago or so. We had a power surge when the power came back on and fried some part in our satellite dish. (we are rural and have satellite internet). We finally had the repairman out, and in the process of getting things up and running, there was an issue with the wireless network. Anyway, we are back up and running.

I have pretty much maintained over the last week. Actually went up a part of a pound, then back down. But I am not too stressed about it. I am still down the 15.6 from the start!

Welcome Goldie and Sarah! Sarah, I too gained some weight when my husband was in Afghanistan. That, combined with being post partum was not a good combination for the scale.

Yesterday, a friend and I took a trip to the US. So I was able to secure some actual "Boca" burgers and some Morningstar sausage. Might give the sausage a try this morning. Also found some diet coke with splenda and some "no name" splenda". It was so cheap (in comparison) I also found some bison sausage when I got groceries last week. It only had 90 cals and 14 g protein (2.5 fat) per serving. So I have some options for this week.

Found out last week that I am being sent for two weeks of training. So I will be staying in a hotel for 2 weeks. I was a little worried about how I would manage eating out in a restaurant every meal. I certainly did not want to gain back one pound of the weight, let alone the several I would probably gain in the weeks. However, the girls being sent on training also have dieting issues (medical and self imposed) so we looked hard and were able to secure a hotel room with a microwave, stove and fridge. So I intend on eating good the entire time. I am so relieved. I am finally able to look forward to the training.

Hope everyone has a good weigh in this week!
Michelle
Old 04-15-2008, 12:20 PM   #315  

Hey Ladies!

Well today was my first weigh-in since being on NS. I am happy to report that I am 2.5 pounds down. I was hoping for more but hopefully that means that I didn't have any water weight to lose. I have always drank a lot of water. Hope you all are having a great NS week!!!

~Sarah
Closed Thread