Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 07:07 PM   #286  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Amberelise - welcome to NS! As far as losing 15 pounds, who knows? You don't have much to lose, so it might come off slower after the first week or so. But, even losing half that amount would be great! I'm cheering for you!

lilmiss - For breakfast, you add a fruit and a dairy *or* protein serving. The low GI carb is only for people with more than 100 pounds to lose.
So for breakfast you could have:
NS entree
1 cup strawberries
1 Morningstar breakfast sausage patty

At lunch time, you add either a dairy or a protein serving, plus your salad.

For a snack you get a dairy or protein and a fruit. My favorite is a tall skim latte and a couple clementines.

For dinner, you add a fat serving (don't ever skip it if you like your hair), plus your 2 veggie servings, and either a fruit serving or a salad serving. Your choice.

Then your NS dessert a couple hours later.
You can move the foods around if you like. Some people split breakfast up. They have the NS entree (like the scone), then later have some yogurt and fruit to tide them over to lunch. It's very flexible!
Old 03-28-2008, 06:36 AM   #287  

Good Morning Everyone,

Lori - Congrats on the 2 lbs this week.....awesome. The bears are really cute!

Amberelise - Welcome, looking forward to getting to know you. Losing weight is so personal, I dont think it is the same for everyone.....so I dont think you can say how much you can lose. Congrats on the wedding! All I can say is NS definitely works and you really can learn alot from it!

Littlemiss - Isnt it exciting when that first box arrives? I love the day when my box comes...how did your first day go? It is definitely a little overwhelming in the beginning, but it does click quickly. Let us know if you have any questions!

Dawn - I use frozen vegetables - I like the ones that "steam" in the microwave. I have alot of grocery stores around me, I buy tons when they are on sale and that will generally last until they go on sale again. I usually buy my fruit at a local fruit/vegetable market - usually a little less expensive. I do the same with the proteins...I have a list of what I like, when it is on sale I stock up so I dont have go to the store every single week.

Okay, ladies, have a great on-program day!

Sue
Old 03-28-2008, 09:26 AM   #288  

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'5.5

hey.. so i didnt actually end up starting yesterday..lol.. but I have started today!.. had the blueberry pancakes for breakfast.. they weren't too bad... so far so good .. i'll let u know how it goes!
Old 03-28-2008, 03:57 PM   #289  

hey.. does anyone know for our dairy serving if the yougurt can be any type/flavour as long as it is under 100 cals, 3g fat and has 8 g protein.. or does it have to be flavourless?..
Old 03-29-2008, 06:46 AM   #290  

Hi Everyone,

WeighIn this week was pretty good. Down 1.3 pounds. Total 26.7.

Have a great weekend.

Sue
Old 03-29-2008, 07:46 AM   #291  

S/C/G: 210/194.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Lori & Sue- Great Weigh Ins! I weighed in again today and 15.6 in total!

Lilmiss-It can be any yogurt that falls within those guidelines. I'm from Canada, but I have found a fat free yogurt with only 35 calories. It comes in fruit flavours, but also dessert flavours like chocolate cherry fondue. I count is as 1/2 a protein/dairy as it only has 4 gm of protein. It's great for breakfast as it still allows me a 1/2 dairy for my morning coffee.

Dawn- I usually use the frozed veggies, as well. Last night I picked up some portabella mushrooms and BBQd them while the family had BBQ burgers. They were great with some garlic! I always have some canned on hand, as well. I seem to use them less, but they are veggies.

Amber-It seems like a moderate goal to lose 15 by may 30. It seems like you have a plan. I have so much more than you do to lose, so it may come off easier for me at first. I have lost 15.6 since Feb 17. I also have only been able to commit to exercise a couple of times a week. Of course, I am chasing a 2 and a 4 year old in the evenings, as well. I am not exactly exercising, but not exactly inactive at the same time. LOL. I think any reduction will probably loosen up the dress abit and make you feel better. How is it going with your trainer?

I wonder when I get a bear? Maybe they don't offer it on the Canadian plan?

Well about to hunker down for the storm. They're calling for 30 cm (12 inches) but they said there might be even more! It hasn't started, yet, but probably soon! I think I will have some of the blueberry pancakes and turkey bacon for breakfast.

Have a great week!
Michelle
Old 03-29-2008, 08:46 AM   #292  

hey michelle... I'm from Canada too.. and I think I have been having the same yougurt lol... is it called "Source"..

and congrats on the weightloss u guys!!.. can't wait for my first weigh in!!
Old 03-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #293  

Source- exactly! LOL. It is the one that I choose most of the time. Sometime I just need a little extra chocolate! And the fruit ones are good, as well. I have been buying Yves veggie burgers and hot dogs for some of my protein servings on the weekends. You can have a full burger with a little low cal low sodium ketchup as a free food with your lunch entree and a salad. Yum. The burgers aren't so bad, although my hubby turns his nose up every time. And Maple Leaf turkey bacon has less fat than the butterball, so you can get an extra slice in, if that's what you're using. I always have tetley herbal teas around for extra sweet cravings. The berry ones are my favourite with a little splenda!
Old 03-31-2008, 08:40 AM   #294  
The Radiant One

Hi everyone! hope you had a great weekend!
Sue and Michelle - congrats on the weigh ins!
Old 03-31-2008, 09:12 AM   #295  

Default Weekend

So how was everyone's weekend on the program? I always find weekends more challenging as my schedule differs and I have more time on my hands to think about snacking!

My dd was sick last night and I was up most of the night. Hence my not being at work this morning! I had some unscheduled eating around 2 am. Up and stomache growling. I think it thought it was breakfast time. LOL!

The storm on the weekend kept putting my internet connection out with the power "flickers".

Here's to a good week!
Michelle
Old 04-01-2008, 04:53 PM   #296  
The Radiant One

Hi everyone! Tomorrow is WI day, hope it goes well.

Michelle - I think the key to weekends is planning. Sit down Thursday or Friday and make a list of the things you know you will be doing, so that you can plan to take bars or snack food with you. Or, if you are going out - find out what is on the menu that is most healthy and on plan. I never go out to eat without knowing ahead of time what I am going to order. That way I just go in and order quickly so that I don't have time to be tempted by cheese sticks and buffalo wings!
Old 04-02-2008, 11:47 AM   #297  
The Radiant One

Lost 0.8 pounds this week! Inching ever so close to the 150s!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-03-2008, 05:24 PM   #298  

Lori - Congratulations on the loss - WOO HOO - you are going to be in the a50's before you know it!

YAY!
Sue
Old 04-04-2008, 07:40 PM   #299  

Hi Ladies,
I started the program 2 days ago and so far so good. But I have a few questions first for my coffee can I use cream? What kind of salad dressing do you guys use? Also I was reading a preious post and Lori you said you can have a skim latte for dairy is that with skim milk or 1 or 2 percent milk? How often do you guys eat? Do you eat right when you get up or can you wait a little bit? I want to do this right so sorry for all the questions.

You guys are all doing so well with the program, congratulations.

Katrina
Old 04-05-2008, 06:18 AM   #300  

Good Morning Everyone...

Lost 2.3 pounds this week for a total of 29 lbs. in a tad over 3 months - I will take it.

I started going thru my spring clothes yesterday and threw a bunch of stuff out....which felt really good. Usually when I change clothes for the season I am just moving clothes that do not fit around...this year is different - YAY!

Katrina - I drink a lot of coffee and I use 1% milk. I used to count that as a dairy/protein...but honestly, when I did that I was very light-headed so, I just use the milk in my coffee as an extra and it hasnt hurt me so far. I would check out the stats on fat free creamer. I think a skinny latte from starbucks is skim milk. As far as salad dressing goes, sometimes I use fat free (i like Kraft FF Thousand Island and Shop Rite FF French). Sometimes I use Light for a fat - the ones I like are Kens Vidalia Onion and I just found Kraft three Cheese Ranch - delicious. I do not eat when I get up in the morning. I bring everything to work and eat breakfast when I get there. On weekends (Saturdays I work out before I eat, Sunday I dont work out, so I eat whenever). Let us know if you have any more questions!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Sue
Closed Thread