Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 02:24 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 270/270/175

Height: 5'8"

Lori-Thats good to know about the firm program... I think I would rather order one of those than a lot of the other programs I see on infomercials.

Everyone, I'm so excited to place my order this week! They are now offering 3 weeks free instead of two, which will go a long way for me. I'm so excited to start. I'm trying to decide whether I should set a goal weight or a goal dress size... has anyone done the latter? I think I would be very happy to just be a size 12, since I can't remember the last time I wore it. Elementary school maybe? I'm at a 20/22 right now, and for me its more about health and being at a normal size than everything else. I would love to shop in a store that isn't catered to full figured women. Anyway, Happy Easter to those who celebrate it!
Dawn
Old 03-23-2008, 06:28 PM   #272  

Thank you all for the welcome! I can't wait to get my food and get started. I am going to start exercising today as well...I am going to commit to just doing 20 minutes a day and if I can do more I will, if not, no big deal as long as I get the 20 minutes in.
Lori-if you find that website I would really like to check it out!
Thanks...
Erin
Old 03-23-2008, 06:33 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'5.5

hey guys.. so i just went for it... i just ordered my first five weeks of nutrisystem!! yay!!..lol.. i hope it comes soon! im really excited to start!...
Old 03-23-2008, 07:01 PM   #274  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Dawn and Erin,
Here is the website for the NS food recipes:
http://christinagray.19.forumer.com/viewforum.php?f=369

Lilmissfuffetxxx - welcome to NS! Check out a few pages back on this thread, I have some posts on what to do to get ready for your food to arrive.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:44 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 210/194.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi to all of the new people who've joined!

I go away for a long weekend, and I'm 3 pages back!

Someone had asked about if the Advanced system seems to fill you up, and for me it does. I purchased some Nourish foods on ebay. They're good, but not as good at keeping me full as some of the Advanced. Someone asked about gassiness (I am sure I didn't spell that right!). As long as I stay away from Malitol or whatever is in the cranberry pastery and one of the peanut butter bars, I am alright. Well, I have to make sure I stay away from too many cucumbers, as well, LOL. I don't find it bad at all. I am alright even with one item with Malitol in it, but I made the mistake of having the cranberry pastery and a bar with it in it the same day. It was rather uncomfortable.

I am a month in and 12 down. On my old scale, that is. Not sure I am trusting the new scale. My numbers bounce around too much. And my BMI and water hydration are bouncing around like crazy on the new scale. So my old scale seems a little more consistent. I am actually weighing on both right now. Not sure how that's going to work, but until I make an acutal choice...

So I went to my in laws for Easter. It meant an 8 hour drive on Friday and today. So there was no way I could stick to the plan during the drive. I did my best by bringing my fat free italian dressing to add to a plain side salad for the lunch and having just a chicken fajita (200 cal) at McDonald's for lunch. I packed my snacks, but unless I was willing to eat the entree cold, there was no choice for lunch. I actually ate from the table for Easter lunch. I had salad, skipped the mashed potatoes, ate low carb veggies and a small portion of ham. All in all I think I did alright. My only real drop off of the menu was one cadbury easter egg. And it sort of tasted funny. Not that great. That and I had 2% in the coffee we got at a truck stop as it was as low fat as they go. Hopefully I did not sabotage too much. I just took the rest of the food to eat at my in laws. They were very understanding and so was hubby.

Well, better get ready for the week ahead.
Happy weigh ins!
Michelle
Old 03-25-2008, 11:43 AM   #276  
The Radiant One

Hi Michelle - I think you did awesome on Easter!
I wouldn't worry too much about the 2% milk. I don't do fat free dairy, and it really isn't that many more calories for 1 or 2% milk.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:19 PM   #277  

Hey all,
So I put my order in today, and I took the 50 dollars off they offered me. They said I couldn't use it combined with any other discount... Does anyone know if I can use the 30 dollars off or the buddy bucks on my second order? It would certainly help out. I'm so excited for it to get here. I feel like this might be my last shot and I see this program being the one that works out for me. I'll keep you guys posted once everything gets here. YAY! So excited.
Dawn
Old 03-25-2008, 06:03 PM   #278  
The Radiant One

Dawn,

Try calling customer service and seeing if they will apply the coupon to your order - I would do it asap before it ships. My first order I got buddy bucks and the $50 off.
Otherwise, ask them to apply it towards your next order.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:20 PM   #279  

Dawn.. i ordered mine yesterday 2 days ago.. and they didnt let me use both of the promotions either.... maybe they changed their policy from when Lori ordered hers?
..mines scheduled to arrive tommorow!!!! so excited!
- nikki
Old 03-25-2008, 07:33 PM   #280  

Hi Everyone,

I think it depends who you get when you call customer service. I have had good luck with some, but not all of the reps.

I am excited for everyone...cant wait to hear what you all think of the program.

Also excited because I received my 2nd bear yesterday....whoda thought I would get so excited about something like this??

Have a great day.

Sue
Old 03-25-2008, 09:50 PM   #281  

So I tried to apply the coupon to my next order (because I found the promo code things above the billing information) but it said it was invalid? Could that be because the coupon expires on April 20th and my next auto-delivery is scheduled for April 25th? Can someone send me one later this week to apply? I'm so confused? But seriously, if I can save on the first order or two, I really think it will help me do the program longer... I live the life of a "starving artist" though clearly I'm not starving... otherwise I wouldn't be trying to do the program at all... but I'm not exactly rolling in the money here. Suggestions?

Also, I was looking at the add-in items? Is anyone else out there doing the program on a budget? Do the items need to be fresh fruits/veggies? Or will canned/frozen/whatevers on sale work just as well? I really just want to make sure I'm not only doing it right, but doing it so I stick to it for the long haul.

Dawn
Old 03-26-2008, 09:36 AM   #282  
The Radiant One

Sue - congrats on the bear! Aren't they cute?

Dawn - you might need to call CS, that's frustrating that they won't apply the coupon.
On a budget, you certainly can use frozen fruits and veggies. Buy what is in season and on sale! I use frozen vegetables. Canned are okay, but watch the sodium. Inexpensive protein additions include milk, string cheese, eggs, tuna.

I had a great week! Last week I pretty much maintained, and then lost 2 this week!
Old 03-26-2008, 11:23 AM   #283  

Height: 5'9"

Hi ladies. I signed up for Nutrisystem yesterday and expect to receive my food by Monday. So. . . what do you think my chances are of losing 15 lbs by May 30th on this plan?

Normally I would be all for losing slowly and healthily, but my wedding dress is too tight, barely fits, and I'm getting married on May 30th. Thoughts? I'm so incredibly nervous.

My personal trainer, who I see for 1 hour twice a week for strength training says I can do it, but he said I need to do 1 hour of cardio 3-4 days that I don't see him.

Uuuugh, how did I let myself do this?

Last edited by Amberelise; 03-26-2008 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:51 AM   #284  

amberelise,
well.. i'm starting tomorrow so i cants say i have seen results yet.. but.. I think that it should be pretty doable... I mean its less than 2 pounds a week and u should lose more than that the first week due to ater weight.....
Good Luck!! and congratulations on getting married!!
Old 03-26-2008, 05:33 PM   #285  

I just got my food!!!!and im officially starting tomorrow!!...the forgot to send my extra week and my dvd though but i called them and it should be coming soon...
but hey.. i have a question... in the planner near the breakfast, lunch servings there are little bubbles next to the recommended additional servings of dairy, carbs, fruit etc.... for each meal are we supposed to have each of the bubbles (so dairy AND carb AND fruit etc)or are we supposed to eat just one of the categories?
Closed Thread