Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 04:23 PM   #451  

Hi Everyone -

Lori - Great Job!!!

Did you see the other new foods? I saw the cereal, they also have choc chip scones, lemon muffins, 2 new chocolate bars (one looks like a snickers) and 2 new beef dinners that kind of look like chinese food. I think there was some other stuff too. I added some to my next order, which I will get in about 2 weeks or so.

Sue
Old 07-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #452  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Ooooo - didn't see those. I have a couple coupons that I might use to get some items ala carte.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:40 PM   #453  
atlchick819

S/C/G: 210/168/150

Height: 5'7

Oh, I tried the new brownies today and they are now my favorite dessert of all time!!!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 11:52 PM   #454  

Hi Everyone,
I'm cabra and I've got about 20 lbs to lose. I've lost and regained this weight roughly 3 times--I'm so sick of yo-yoing! But at this point in my life I have no time to be preparing healthy meals (I'm a full-time nanny and will start law school in 2 months). The idea of not having to think about my food really appeals to me, so I ordered Nutrisystem the other day. I got word that it shipped today and I'm both excited and nervous--I really hope it tastes ok! Maybe I should have gone with BistroMD or PurFoods... :/
Oh well, if I hate it I can send it back, right?
Old 07-17-2008, 09:59 AM   #455  
The Radiant One

Cabra - yes, you do have 30 days to make up your mind! There will be some foods you like, and some you don't - so be patient before giving up.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:42 PM   #456  

Hi Everyone.....

I really like the brownie also, usually I split it in half and put 2 T Light Frozen Cool Whip in the middle....actually I am thinking about doing that with the Chocolate Chip Cookie tonight.

Cabra - Welcome. I agree with Lori, definitely be patient and dont go into the program thinking you can return it when you dont like it. The food, to me, is surprising good and there are definitely things I like more than others. Let us know if you have any questions and definitely read some back posts, Lori had put some great tips on what to do before getting started.

Have a great night everyone!

Sue
Old 07-17-2008, 10:41 PM   #457  
atlchick819

Ooooh that sounds good. I will try it with the whip cream next time!
Old 07-19-2008, 01:54 AM   #458  

my food arrived! so much more quickly than I expected too.
Today I was talking to my boyfriend about my worries about how Nutrisystem will work for me, and he said what you said, catresq--that I need to take the whole month and really apply myself. "None of this 'well, I can send it back after a week' nonsense!"
You're right. The right attitude is essential, and I see how well so many of you are doing on the program, so I'm going to give it my all. Starting tomorrow.
I'm psyched about all the food--I won't have to plan so much! yay! I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:58 PM   #459  
atlchick819

Good Luck, you will definitely see good results in a month and that will get you motivated to keep going!
Old 07-19-2008, 09:03 PM   #460  

Hi Everyone,

Weigh-in today was minus a 1/4 of a pound....I am totally okay with it since last week was so good. Hey I am just excited to be getting the 50 lb bear in my next order!

BTW, I did try the Chocolate chip cookie with the cool whip in the middle...very good....almost like one of those ice cream sandwiches made with cookies.....I recommend it!

Cabra - I am glad you are now happy and excited about getting started. Attitude is everything, especially the first few weeks. I know it was hard initially with the detoxing from all the junk we eat. I will tell you, I feel so much healthier and better! This really does become like second nature and like ATL said, you should see results during the first month to keep you motivated. Let us know how your first day went.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Sue
Old 07-20-2008, 01:02 PM   #461  
The Radiant One

Sue - great job! Keep going!
Cabra - good luck and let us know if you have any questions!
Old 07-21-2008, 11:44 AM   #462  

Hi Everyone! So I'm on my 3rd day now and I really like Nutrisystem! All those awful food reviews were way off--I've liked everything I've tried so far!

catresq--I think I get what you mean by "detoxing" now--there's a LOT of fiber in Nutrisystem!

I also was pretty headachey yesterday, but I don't know if that was the detox or if it was from getting too much sun the day before. But it really is enough food--I'm not getting too hungry.

Also, can anyone tell me what Cool Whip counts as? I only ordered wheat-free foods so I couldn't use it on cookies, but I think it might be nice with that chocolate pudding I ate last night...

Thanks for the encouragement everyone, things are going well!
Old 07-21-2008, 06:23 PM   #463  

Hi Everyone -

Lori - the new pic looks great!

Cabra - Below is the free food list. You are allowed 2-3 per day in addition to the other food you are eating....just dont eat them all at one sitting - they become a carb. I use 2 T of Cool Whip Lights as a free food. Sounds like you are doing great (I definitely had those headaches in the beginning, too)
Keep it up and let us know if you have any other questions...

Sue

There are Free Foods that can be used on the NutriSystem plan. The term Free Foods comes from the American Diabetes Association. They are low calorie foods (20 calories or less) that can be added to the meal plan in small amounts. This minimal amount of calories will not affect weight loss, we do recommend that they be limited to 2 or 3 servings per day if the foods have any calories.

FOOD QUANITY
Coffee/Tea Unlimited
Diet Soda Unlimited
Sodium Free Seltzer Water Unlimited
Sugar Free Tonic Water Unlimited
Club Soda (not tonic or quinine water) Unlimited
Artificial Sweeteners Unlimited
Spices (salt-free) Unlimited
Herbs Unlimited
Vinegar Unlimited
Lemon Juice Unlimited
Sugar Free Gelatin 6oz per serving = 15 cal
Sugar Free Gum 1 stick = 5 cal
Nonstick Cooking spray Unlimited
A-1 Sauce or Steak Sauce 1 Tbsp
Butter Buds 1 oz
Bouillon or Broth (Dry)- Low Sodium 1 packet, 1 tsp, 1 cube
Bouillon or Broth (Canned)- Low Sodium ¾ cup
Catsup 1 Tbsp
Cocoa, dry unsweetened 1 Tbsp
Coffee Whiteners (Powdered) 1 Tsp
Chili Sauce 1 Tbsp
Chocolate Topping (Reduced Calories) 1 Tbsp
Cool Whip (fat free) 2 Tbsp
Sugar Free Candies 20 cal or less per serving / 0 fat
Low cal or reduced cal syrup Amount not to Exceed 20 cals/ 0 fat
Dill Pickle 1
Dream Whip 1 Tbsp
Sugar-free Jam/Jelly Amount not to exceed 20 cal
Low sugar Jam/Jelly 2 Tsp
Horseradish 1 Tsp
Mustard 1 Tsp
Picante Sauce 1 Tbsp
Popcorn (light and natural) 1 Cup POPPED
Relish 1 Tsp
Salad Dressing (Fat Free) 2 Tbsp
Salsa 1 Tbsp
Soy Sauce (Low sodium) 1 Tsp
Taco Sauce 1 Tbsp
Worcestershire Sauce 1 Tsp
Old 07-24-2008, 12:06 PM   #464  
that girl

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3

Default It's coming today!!

Just checked the shipping on the nutrisystem site and I think my food should be here today! I really want to give this all I got (since I invested so much money) so I plan to abstain from alcohol for the 28 days as well. I would like to be down at least 10 lbs by Aug 30. Is this doable (I will also be running approx 3 mi ea day). Any thoughts or tips would be appreciated. Thanks guys!
Lisa
Old 07-24-2008, 08:45 PM   #465  

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well!

Lisa - Welcome! Congrats on getting started. Let us know if you have any questions. It is really hard to say how many pounds you will lose in a month, but I would think you will definitely see changes! Good Luck and let us know how you are doing.

Sue
Closed Thread