Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 11:21 AM   #256  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi Sassy - whether the price is worth it or not is really an individual question.
How much do you spend on junk food and eating out now? The NS food is expensive, but you will be eating less of other food. Your veggies, dairy and fruits will not cost as much because your portions are smaller.

You can eat out on NS, but it really shouldn't be an 'eat whatever you want' meal. Try to eat sensibly. It might slow your weight loss, but make sure you have a good handle on portion sizes and how to make your meal healhty before you eat out.
Also - if you don't have a coupon, email me at [email protected] and I will have one sent to you
Old 03-20-2008, 02:43 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 270/270/175

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone,
I'm new to 3FC and have been considering doing Nutrisystem for quite some time. I know from reading the posts that everyone has their opinion about the cost, taste of food, etc... but has anyone had any weird side effects? I heard it can make you more gassy. Also, if anyone is on the new "advanced" program, do you find yourself actually being full? I think I'm going to order the program next Monday after I get paid... Also, do you recommend getting the favorites plan, or trying everything first, and does selecting your own cost more? Sorry for all the questions, I just figured its best to ask people who've been doing the program... Any advice would be great. Thanks!
Dawn
Old 03-20-2008, 09:04 PM   #258  

Hi Everyone!

Lori - 0.2 is still a loss! You are doing so great!

Sno - Good to see ya - I am sure you will get back into the workout-swing soon. Glad you are doing better.

Dawn and Sassy - Welcome! My personal opinion is NS is worth the cost. Lori is the expert on being able to integrate real life situations into the plan (I plan on learning alot from her!). When I first started I customized my order - basically I got one of almost everything and 2 of the things I thought I may like. I have a friend who just let them send what they wanted and she got a lot of things she didnt like (for example, I wouldnt touch Pea Soup under any circumstances ever, so I didnt want any of that sent to me!). I have only been on the Advanced program. I do feel full most times I eat! YOu get used to eating smaller portions more often. I had a hard time the first few days with a bad headache - which I think was from detoxing. I really havent had any other problems. Let us know if you have any other questions and definitely check in often.

Sue
Old 03-20-2008, 09:54 PM   #259  
The Radiant One

Hi Dawn,
Like Sue, I customized my order. The favorites plan would have included things I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole (like tofu or the split pea soup LOL!). I do occasionally order something different just to try it, and sometimes I have been pleasantly surprised (the beef patty) and disappointed (the fettucini alfredo).

Side effects really depend on which NS foods you are eating, and what your diet was like before. I have always eaten a lot of fiber, so that hasn't been an issue for me.
I also avoid most of the foods with maltitol - I had horrible stomach cramps when I had the blueberry muffins, so never got those again. Some of the foods will cause gassiness (is that a word??), but Beano can really help you

The Advanced line is formulated to include more oat fiber, which helps keep you full. Once you are used to the smaller portions, it is surprising how full you actually are. Eating 3 meals a day plus 2 snacks keeps you satisfied.
And, you can always eat free foods such as SF jello or nosh on veggies if you get stomach rumbling hungry.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:09 AM   #260  

Hey all,
Thanks for the wonderful advice. I think I'm convinced, and will be ordering my first round when I get my pay check on Monday. Now, I've heard, and of course through reading the thread thats there is a referral program? How does that work? If I do the program and refer people do they get a discount only? I work in the arts, so I've got to figure out how to do the program the cheapest way possible... I know you get a discount after your third order, but is the discount applied to just that order, or every order after that? Sorry for all the questions, I just have a lot of them.

dawn
Old 03-21-2008, 12:30 PM   #261  
The Radiant One

Dawn - on your first order, someone can refer you and send you a $30 off coupon.
Then for every friend that you refer who actually places a first time order, you get a $30 off coupon as well. You can accumulate as many coupons as you want during the month and apply them to your order.
The autoship discount gets applied from your very first order, which is 10% off and then after your 3rd order, you get 15% off.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:28 PM   #262  

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'5.5

wow.... i've litterally spent 2 hours just reading a lot of these posts and didnt even realize the time passing by!!..lol..
anyway.. i'm new and have seriously been considering joining nutrisystem... i have about 35 pounds to lose to het to my ideal weight and have been debating between nutrisystem and medifast... any thoughts??

lol.. but these posts andd stories are so inspiring, i think im beginning to lean more toward nutrisystem!!
Old 03-21-2008, 02:01 PM   #263  

Lori, you have so much information! Okay, so now how do I get someone to refer me? I think I have a client on the program... but I don't know if its worked for her or not, or if she's still on it. I should look into that...
Old 03-21-2008, 02:33 PM   #264  
The Radiant One

Dawn - any one of us can refer you, just email someone and they can shoot a coupon to you.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:46 PM   #265  

Dawn - If you register on the nutrisystem website, I believe they call you within a few days and offer you a $50 coupon, which can be used with the $30 buddy bucks coupon for a total of $80 off your first order.

Like Lori said, anyone of us can refer the coupon to you...I think Lori and Sno have their emails on some of the posts here or mine is [email protected]

Lilmissmuffet - Welcome. NS is certainly working for me. I joined the 1st week in January and I am down 24.9 lbs. The food is good and I find it extremely easy to follow. Let us know if you have any specific questions.

Sue
Old 03-21-2008, 08:46 PM   #266  

Hello!
I am so excited to see such an active group of NS followers! I just placed my first order today and I am excited to start. I am a little worried as a few years back I tried Jenny Craig and didn't last very long as I just got really tired of the foods. I am more committed this time around so I hope that I find more success.
Wish me good luck!!!
E
Old 03-22-2008, 06:05 AM   #267  

Good Morning!

Lost .5 pounds this week. Actually, I got my period yesterday, so I am thinking losing is pretty good.

Callyhan - Welcome!

Off to workout, Have a Great Easter Weekend!

Sue
Old 03-22-2008, 09:26 AM   #268  
The Radiant One

Sue - any loss is a great loss!

Callyhan, welcome - if I can find it, there is a great website out there with tons of recipes made using the NS foods, so you won't get bored.

Happy weekend everyone!
Old 03-22-2008, 05:52 PM   #269  

For those who've been on the program for awhile now... how much exercise did you do when you started? What do you do now?

I'm just wondering if I'll really need to add any exercise in... I say this because I walk dogs for a living, and am usually walking 30 minutes at a time for each dog, and walk 8-12 dogs a day. Plus I ride my bike everywhere! Any thoughts?

I saw an infomercial for the Firm today... it looks interesting. Anyone try that?

dawn
Old 03-22-2008, 05:55 PM   #270  
The Radiant One

Dawn - I have the new Firm workouts and I love, love, love them! I lost 10 inches the first month I did them.
Sounds like you have a nice activity selection in there, but maybe add some strength training.
Your welcome kit from NS should have a Leslie Sansone dvd in there to use. It's good.

I currently exercise every single day, and just started a heavier weight lifting routine 3x a week (with our Bowflex). I know that will make me retain water for a bit, so I am prepared for a scale slow down.
Closed Thread