Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-03-2009, 03:40 AM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Nutrisystem QVC's Today's Special Value

I've been doing WW Core forever and couldn't master my portion control.

DH and I are thinking about ordering Nutrisystem from QVC. It's a 5 month 5 day a week program. We need to love over 100 pounds each.

How is the food? The portions look very small but we understand that is necessary. What do you get each day in addition? I know there is a booklet included with the food but we don't want to place the order if we aren't sure we can stick to it.

QVC has a men's version and a women's version. Is this just a QVC thing or are there different calorie amounts?

Thanks in advance for any information you can give to a scared newbie.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Vickie, I ordered from QVC on the 27th of dec, I got the 4 weeks weekend off plan. So far I am LOVING it. The only thing about the 5 day a week program is you need to be prepared for the weekends. Your booklet will tell you how to eat on the weekends to still lose weight but you'll have to be commited to it or you can gain during the weekend undoing all your hard work during the week. What I did was bought a some food from craigslit, about two weeks worth, just for the weekends. It was cheaper and it gives me less room for error. But I know plenty of people who do their own thing on the weekends and are losing just fine so it's whatever you are comfortable with.
Check out the 2009 or 2008 threads for nutrisystem because there is alot of food talk in there. This is day 6 for me and so far I've liked 90% of all the food. Only two things so far I haven't cared for but that is ok with me. I know it's suppose to be good enough to eat but not gourmet
The food add ins are pretty simple, for breakfast you'll be allowed an extra protein/dairy and fruit, you'll get snacks.. then lunch you get a salad protein and fruit and then dinner you'll get an extra two veggies, salad and fruit (the menu planner that comes with your meal will explain the lists for these add ins) And don't forget you get dessert each night! which is really nice Oh and if you have more than 100 lbs to lose you'll also get a carb addition each day as well. Those needing to lose less do not. And yes there is a difference in the mens and women's plan.. Men get more food! lucky men, lol.. It's not a lot more but it's more other than that it's the same. But feel free to ask questions and check out the official nutrisystem site and boards as well, there are a TON of free info over there as well Let me know what you decide!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/185/155

Height: 5 foot 3 inches

I saw this on TV last night and was really tempted to buy it. I almost woke DH up to see what he thought.
Mommy2ArmyBrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:36 AM   #4  

Mommy2armybrat, well I think it's a great program. I've been on a little bit of everything for the last 10 years, I couldn't even count the diet plans I've tried anymore. For me this has been the easiest so far. I've never bought a mail order plan before so it was scary for me because I didn't want to waste the money for sure. But I promised my dh that if I got it I would save him money by not eating out or buying tons of groceries etc and I have. He was just saying this morning how much money we've saved just in the past week, lol.. so I'm loving it. Check out the nutrisystem site as well, tons of free info there, check out the boards, you can even call a counselor for free, you don't have to be a member or have ordered the food. They are super helpful and full of good info for those thinking about starting.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:23 AM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Spryng. Can you specifically tell me what I need to buy extra EACH day. DH and I are retired and I must know how much I need to buy in addition to supplement the Nutrisystem.

If I'm correct, from you first post, I have to make each of us two salads a day...one with lunch and one with dinner. Also 3 pieces of fruit and 2 veggie servings daily. Is that correct? What is the protein/dairy?

Why do they have to make this SO secretive?

I'm not concerned about the two extra days. It won't be weekends for us. This is just how we are going to start to see if we can do it.

I'm thinking about ordering the Men's for me too since I've over 150 pounds to lose. I'm not sure I could stick to the women's portions even with supplementation.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

Vickie, the men don't get a bigger portion they can just add more. They get one extra snack and an extra carb to each meal. Since you have more than 100lbs to lose than you too can add an extra carb. The protiens I've added are lean turkey slices, string cheese, imitation crab, almonds, and yogurt (if I'm not having a meat this dairy fills the requirement).

I have been on Nutrisystem for 15 weeks 7 days a week (although the last 5 were not exclusive...I stuck to plan for breakfast and lunch and than ate my own appropriate dinner) and I love it! I've lost 43 lbs and nothing else worked so well for me in the past. I will do one more month exclusive with them again and than will try to brave it on my own. If I feel like I'm falling I can order "a la carte" and get some fav's to fall back on.

Go for it! There is definately an adjustment period but I think that's true of any diet and I bet you won't be sorry...I sure wasn't!!

Best of luck, tell us what you decide!!
kiki100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:25 AM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Kiki! We ordered the 5 month program and are committed to trying it at least for a month. It was a hard decision and I'm still scared. But, I think I'm scared to be thin too!

Congratulations on your success! Are you at goal now?
Old 01-04-2009, 10:45 AM   #8  

Vickie I'm so happy for you! Come join us on the 2009 nutrisystem buddy thread, it's our daily thread so you can jump right in there while you are waiting on your order to arrive I'll also find those lists, they were emailed to me but I just have to dig through there to find it
Old 01-04-2009, 10:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

Your welcome and congrats on making the decision to start! Change can be hard but I think you'll do great!

No, I'm not at goal yet. I had over 100lbs to lose so I still have 70 pounds to go but I'm down 2 dress sizes and I feel SO much better already! I can't believe the difference in my energy. Once you get going and see success it makes it easier to keep going because you don't want to destroy any of your hard work!

Good luck! There's so much support here when you need it!
kiki100 is offline   Reply With Quote