Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 06:33 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 210/194.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks, guys!

All of your options sound terrific. I think granola might have been part of my problem. I am borderline diabetic and in the ingredients brown sugar is 4th Corn syrup 5th as well regular sugar and barley malt syrup. Might have been too much sugar for me! My sugar was up after breakfast and if it goes up, it drops twice as hard, leading to me getting very hungry sooner, then it becomes a cycle. I am not allowed honey as a free food. I could use splenda, but I am also not allowed any fruit for breakfast. Only the entree and protein/ dairy. And of course I use the dairy in my coffee, so really it is only the entree, or a fat free yogurt (1/2 dairy) with only a little milk in my coffee.
But to make up for losing the fruit in the morning, I have an extra snack in the afternoon. It all works out in the long run, but I might steer clear of the granola first thing in the morning.
I so hear what you said about the portion sizes. I am full so much faster now. Well, except for yesterday. And if I decide to change the salad up for some fruit, I really miss the salad.
HelloKitty, hope you did well with the pizza. I read your post then had the thin crust for supper. Not one of my favourites, but good to have in case you have a craving for pizza.
Well, I am glad to report a better day than yesterday. A little more hungry than usual. Hopefully that means I am losing!
I'm off to my volunteer shift at the resource centre, so have a good evening everyone!
Michelle
Old 03-08-2008, 03:29 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberlover View Post
Sno - have you been to the doctor?

Hi Lori: thanks for the concern--thats so sweet! I have called my doctors office and reviewed my symptoms with the nurse who says I have a bad cold and recommends the usual--rest liquids etc. If I get worse or get a high temp she wants me to come in or go to urgent care. I have been slowly getting better--it is just a tenacious bug!

I think it is worse because the ceanothus is blooming all over the mountain outside my door and it has very harsh pollen--beauteous tho! Also, I have not been having good sleeps--the cold makes me restless and then I am even more tired.

I have, however, been reading some good books. I just finished Duma Key Steven Kings latest which I loved, and now I am reading the The Rainmaker by Grisham.

Started exercising again three days ago--I have been 25 minutes a day on my new recumbent bike--not fast enough to get a full aerobic workout but enough to get my metabolism up a little. and doing stretches and calisthenics.

Take care all--dont get the cold!

Sno

Old 03-08-2008, 03:34 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default protein protein protein!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileigh View Post
Thanks, guys!

All of your options sound terrific. I think granola might have been part of my problem. I am borderline diabetic and in the ingredients brown sugar is 4th Corn syrup 5th as well regular sugar and barley malt syrup. Might have been too much sugar for me! My sugar was up after breakfast and if it goes up, it drops twice as hard, leading to me getting very hungry sooner, then it becomes a cycle. I am not allowed honey as a free food. I could use splenda, but I am also not allowed any fruit for breakfast. Only the entree and protein/ dairy. And of course I use the dairy in my coffee, so really it is only the entree, or a fat free yogurt (1/2 dairy) with only a little milk in my coffee.
But to make up for losing the fruit in the morning, I have an extra snack in the afternoon. It all works out in the long run, but I might steer clear of the granola first thing in the morning.
I so hear what you said about the portion sizes. I am full so much faster now. Well, except for yesterday. And if I decide to change the salad up for some fruit, I really miss the salad.
HelloKitty, hope you did well with the pizza. I read your post then had the thin crust for supper. Not one of my favourites, but good to have in case you have a craving for pizza.
Well, I am glad to report a better day than yesterday. A little more hungry than usual. Hopefully that means I am losing!
I'm off to my volunteer shift at the resource centre, so have a good evening everyone!
Michelle
Michelle: I agree that the granola is pretty sweet and can cause cravings for those of us who are not diabetic.

It is so important to get enough protein in the morning--you might even consider eating one of your hi-pro lunches in the morning. Protein in the AM boosts the metabolism for the whole day.

Why are you only getting a half protein in the morning? You are allowed a full protein in the am and it is really important! I usually had my cereal with the half cup milk in the am plus a cup of yogurt with my fruit. It really kept me going for the whole day!

on being on the verge of Onederland--it feels so good to see the one at the beginning of the number!

Sno
Old 03-08-2008, 11:26 PM   #229  

Default New

Hi,
I have been reading your post, I am really interested in starting the program. I would love to have a support group. Was it hard to start the program? I need to loose about 25 pounds how fast do you loose the weight? What foods do you reccomend?
Thanks,

Katrina
Old 03-09-2008, 08:27 AM   #230  

S/C/G: 210/194.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Sno,
I had that horrible cold about a month and a half ago. It was about 3 weeks before I started feeling halfway normal. Of course, you've had it almost that now, haven't you?
I rambled a bit in my last post. I have a tendency to do that. I actually have a full protein for breakfast. My fat free sugar free yogurt pre packaged are a half a protein as they are only 35 cal and 4 gm protein, so I have a 1/2 cup skim milk in my coffee, as well to make up the full protein. I have also been sticking with the scrambled eggs in the morning. To get that extra protein in the morning.

I weighed in this morning. Actually not supposed to until Tuesday and I broke that 200 mark. I am down another 2 lbs.

Katrina,
Welcome! I have been on the plan about a week and a half and have lost 6lbs. I have tried many different diets in the past, but this one is the easiest as the meals are portioned and cooked for me. Takes a lot of the guesswork out of everything!

Michelle
Old 03-09-2008, 09:03 AM   #231  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Katrina,

Losing weight on any program varies so much it is hard to say how much you will lose. Some people lose fast at first and slow down, some lose slow the whole time (like me ). Some are just steady all the way.
If you shoot for 1-2 pounds per week, with the first couple weeks showing a bigger loss - you are doing it the healthy way.
Try all the foods at least once, so you can tell if you like them or not. There are some that I was surprised that I liked, and some I was surprised that I *didn't* like.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:16 PM   #232  
atlchick819

S/C/G: 210/168/150

Height: 5'7

Just popping in to say hello! I am at 19 pounds lost (started Jan 14 officially). YEAH !!
Old 03-10-2008, 09:26 AM   #233  
The Radiant One

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlchick819 View Post
Just popping in to say hello! I am at 19 pounds lost (started Jan 14 officially). YEAH !!

Way to go!!
Old 03-10-2008, 12:38 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 202/202/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi, all. I've been lurking for a while, and think I've finally decided to give NS a try. My hubby's going to do it with me...he only has 25 to lose and I have 75. Yikes.
I know somebody mentioned doing the Firm workouts...if you read this, which ones do you do? I loved those years ago, and may have to try to find some again!
Also, can anyone tell me (or is there a list somewhere) of what foods are better or worse than others?
Oops, gotta go. I have a 6 month old lil man and he's demanding my attention. Hope to chat with you ladies soon!
Oh, and what are buddy bucks? Anybody know?

Last edited by Big mama of 2; 03-10-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:40 PM   #235  
The Radiant One

Bigmama - hi there! I am the one that does the Firm workouts. I have the newest set, with the weights (not the step). I love these workouts! This is me -

It's really hard to say what foods are good and bad, because tastes vary so much. My advice is to try each thing at least once (unless it has an ingredient that you can't stand) to make up your mind.

My favorites are:
Breakfast - pancakes, granola, apple scone
Lunch - fudge graham and chocolate peanut butter bars, cheesy potatoes
Dinner - all 3 pizzas, mac and cheese, chicken and dumplings
Desserts - pretzels, chocolate crunch bars, peanut butter cookies

Last edited by fiberlover; 03-10-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:30 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 233/223/130

Height: 5'6

Default I see it but don't believe it.

... 10 pounds down in two weeks.
And I did not cheat once like I promised myself this week.
And here it is Monday.. and haven't cheated one bit still.

OKOK! Lol. Technically.. I DID cheat once... I had two drinks.. but I didn't have my snack and probably danced it all off anyways. I prepared myself.

I'm very happy and i'm glad i'm doing this. I feel so good.
It's great to see everyone making progress!!! I'm so excited...
This is the first diet in my life that I feel comfortable with.

Thank you all for your motivation and inspiration!!!

Hah, I sound like a soap opera.

Lori.. any more suggestions on fav's my new order ships out in about a week.
So I gotta pick the good ones.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:30 AM   #237  

S/C/G: 202/202/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi again!

Thanks, Fiberlover! I think all the Firm workouts I used to do would kill me right now!! I always liked the ones that used the step--but right now I'm not sure my knees could take it!
Also, Fiberlover or anyone that can tell me what they think--I absolutely hate the taste of fish, and I noticed that quite a lot of stuff lists fish oil or some variance. Does this make the food taste like fish? I mean any fishy taste at all! Blech! I also LOVE sweets. And bread. And red meat. And...
I can't wait to start--I've got my MIL on board now. We're all gonna order and start at the same time.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:07 AM   #238  
The Radiant One

Hellokitty: - great job on the weight loss! Keep it up, it might slow down, but you are doing awesome!
Which meals have you not tried yet?

Bigmama - if you need a $30 off coupon and haven't placed your order yet, email me at [email protected] and I will have NS send you one by email.
You don't notice the fish oil at all. It's really a very minimal amount. I don't like fish at all, and don't notice it. You can still have the sweets on NS, with the desserts - but over time, you will lose those cravings (which is a good thing!! LOL )
Old 03-11-2008, 10:49 PM   #239  
atlchick819

S/C/G: 210/168/150

Height: 5'7

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big mama of 2 View Post
Thanks, Fiberlover! I think all the Firm workouts I used to do would kill me right now!! I always liked the ones that used the step--but right now I'm not sure my knees could take it!
Also, Fiberlover or anyone that can tell me what they think--I absolutely hate the taste of fish, and I noticed that quite a lot of stuff lists fish oil or some variance. Does this make the food taste like fish? I mean any fishy taste at all! Blech! I also LOVE sweets. And bread. And red meat. And...
I can't wait to start--I've got my MIL on board now. We're all gonna order and start at the same time.
I do not eat seafood.....hate the smell and the taste and I didn't notice a thing! No fishy taste at all!!
Old 03-12-2008, 09:34 AM   #240  
The Radiant One

Lost 1.8 pounds this week - yippee!!
Closed Thread