Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 02:58 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 202/202/130

Height: 5'4"

Default I just placed my order!

Hi, Lori, and thanks again. Yay for your weight loss! How often do you weigh?I just placed my order (already had the coupon, thanx tho)! Now I am going to pig out until it gets here, right? The difficult thing for me will be drinking water. I HATE IT!
Old 03-12-2008, 06:06 PM   #242  

Default Order

I tried thenutrisystem meals from biglots they are not bad. I had the pizza. I think I am going to order so I am excited! My husband said he wants to do it also. So I think it will be good for both of us.

Katrina
Old 03-12-2008, 09:30 PM   #243  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

bigmama - I record my weight once a week. I lose somewhat slowly, so once a week shows the best overall loss.
My suggestion while waiting for your food to arrive is to not pig out and go crazy - it will only make it harder for you! Start eating 3 meals a day plus 2 snacks to get into the rhythm of the NS program. Clean out your pantry and stock it up with things that fit, like fruit cups, cans of tuna or chicken, get some string cheese, low fat (or FF) yogurt and other protein selections. Read through the past pages here, I have a couple of posts about what to do to get ready for your food.

Katrina - which pizza did you get at Big Lots? I like all 3 pizzas, but think the flat bread is my favorite. I top it with turkey pepperoni. Yum! Had that for dinner
Old 03-14-2008, 07:03 PM   #244  
Anime Cat Girl

S/C/G: 255/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Wow! Congrats everyone on the weight losses this week! I am still doing this and am down a couple pounds this week even though I cheat about once a day.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:32 AM   #245  
The Radiant One

Fluffey - good for you on the weight loss. What type of cheat are you talking about? Maybe we can brainstorm a way to make this fit into your plan better.

Happy weekend everyone!!
Old 03-15-2008, 02:04 PM   #246  
Anime Cat Girl

S/C/G: 255/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

I cheat by adding a little handful of chocolate chips to the nutri system cake or with the biscottis, or by going to a restaurant and getting one of the weight watchers choices instead of eating my lunch entre. I've also added cheese on top of a lot of the meals and I've been having extra snacks like 100 calorie oreo packs every now and then. So, I cheat a lot, but I think I'm still doing better than how I used to eat.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:47 AM   #247  

Hi Everyone!

Havent been here in a bit. Life does get crazy sometimes. But, the good news is I am still on plan. Last week I didnt have a loss; but yesterday the weigh in was great - down 4 lbs, for a total of 24.9. I am really stunned at how easy this has been and also kind of shocked that I really have no need or urge to go off. I think that is what makes this time around a little different. I will just keep plugging along!

Lori - You are doing so great....every week you have a loss..how cool is that!

Sno - Hope you are feeling better, people here have been sick for months.

Katrina and Bigmama - Welcome!

ATL - 19 lbs...woo hoo

Kitty - Congrats!

Fluffy - Congrats on your success so far....as for the cheating - is it because you are hungry, missing something or anything like that?

Hi to anyone I may have missed.

Sue
Old 03-16-2008, 10:28 AM   #248  
The Radiant One

Sue - 24.9 pounds! That is great!

Fluffy - make sure you are recording the calories for all those little extras. Chocolate chips are 80 calories for a tablespoon, amazing how that stuff adds up. I don't consider going out and eating a healthy lunch to be cheating. That's working the program in real life. I would be careful of all the extras, though. When you are at a higher weight, you can get away with it, but as you get closer to goal, those things can really slow down your weight loss.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:35 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 202/202/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi, all!

Hey, guys! Has anyone else had a problem with their Buddy Bucks not working? There was a problem with mine when I put it in (had to call), and the two people I've referred have both not been able to use theirs without calling. I also haven't received anything for referring them; don't know how long that takes. Just wondering!
Bev
Old 03-16-2008, 06:53 PM   #250  

S/C/G: 210/194.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi, everyone!

Bev- I know the nutrisystem site in Canada was having big problems. You cannot edit your auto delivery. You have to call directly and they have to do it manually over the telephone for us. So they may be having problems. I haven't used any buddy bucks or referrals, so I haven't tried.

Sue, Wow! Almost 25lbs. I can't wait until I am there!

Fluffey- I used the light cool whip and only used enough to make it a free choice to make the pudding and the microwave cake better! That might be an option for you to spice up those things without the extra calories!

Lori- Thanks for the tip on the flatbread pizza. I have only tried the thin crust with cheese.

Well, I have a little dilemma. My scale has been freaky. I weigh myself, then step off of it. I try again and I gained 5lbs in a few seconds. If I weigh myself 4 times in a row, 3 would be the same and one would be up several pounds. So I have been using the majority rules. With that rule, I am down 10 lbs to 196. But I thought it is a pain to have to weigh yourself 4 or 5 times to try to figure out what is correct. So I spent the extra and got a good scale. This one has the BMI, bone density and hydrator measurements on them. The only problem is that the weight on that one is 200.4. Up 4.4 lbs, making it look like my loss is only about 5 lbs for 2 1/2 weeks. My husband says I should change my chart (the paper I have on the wall) to show my start weight up 4 lbs to make the difference of the scales I used to start with. My husband weighed on both scales and confirmed the old scale is out about 4 lbs from the new.

This week has been good for me, if not busy. I used someone's suggestion to make a soup with my evening veggies and put it in a low sodium low fat chicken broth as a free food instead of the salad. It was a nice break from salads.

Hope everyone else's weigh in is good this week!
Michelle
Old 03-17-2008, 05:23 PM   #251  

Hi Everyone,

Happy St. Patricks Day!

Big mama - I referred a friend - she called to get her discount and mine was automatically applied to my next auto-shipment. I didnt need to call.

Michelle - Congrats on the 10 pounds! I think I would agree with your husband, I would move your starting weight up, if the new scale is the one that are will be using from now on.

Have a great day everyone.

Sue
Old 03-18-2008, 08:30 AM   #252  
The Radiant One

Hi everyone!

Michelle - I would change your starting weight. It's not like you gained weight just by changing the scale. It is frustrating to have that happen, but at least that part is over now LOL!

bigmama - if you have sent the email to your friends, have them call NS. They should apply the discount over the phone. When their order actually ships, then you receive the discount coupon by mail (or sometimes the customer service rep will add it to yours when they do your friends - it just depends). If your friend receives their order and you have not gotten your coupon - call customer service.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:12 AM   #253  
The Radiant One

Lost 0.2 pounds this week - guess that is 1/2 cup of water LOL! Didn't do anything different, so I am not stressed out about it.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-19-2008, 07:30 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Wednesday

Hi all!

Well a little busy on this end but I always say that! I have been working out on my recumbent bike and on a good day get a workout in the morning and one at night! I really like having it in here cuz I when I watch tv I just hop on it!

two more weeks till april all! My goal is to get back on my exercise routing that I has completely gone astray since my cold. I still am having symptoms!!I would like to do 40 minutes on my bike 5 days a week, leg exercises 5 days a week, 20 minute walk five days a week and 2-3 exercise dvd's.

so today--I have done nothing except stretch, so I think in a few minutes I will go on a 20 minute walk with my dog. Then later this evening I'll do 20-30 minutes on my bike and do my stretches and leg exercises. I'll do the same for the next 4 days, have a rest on sunday and then do the full plan as outlined in the previous paragraph.

to Kitty, Lori, Sue, Fluffer, Michelle! Everyone is doing so great on their plans!

And to Katrina and Sue--make sure to remember the first date that you started on the plan--it is a life changing moment.

Michelle: you know you lost 9.5 pounds so dont let the new numbers on the new scale let you down. And good job on getting a new scale. I found that so encouraging for me.

Bev: I admit I ate like a starving dog right up until the day I started the plan. I was just scared about making such a radical change. It was nice because I just switched off that behavior and started doing the plan--I was 100% on plan for most of the first six months I was on the plan and I really showed myself how to change my behavior, watch portions and not obsess about food. But dont follow my example. Lori has a much more sensible approach!

Take care all and keep it up!

Sno

Old 03-20-2008, 11:11 AM   #255  

Hi All-

I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts! I am going to order Nutrisystem today. I have been thinking about ordering for sometime but the price has always stopped me! My question for all your Nutrisystem experts is:

Do you think the price is worth the order? Also, can you still eat out on this plan?

I don't eat out often. But, my husband and I do like to enjoy a night out a week. Is this possible?!?
Closed Thread