Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 09:50 AM   #121  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone! Happy Friday!!

Going to work hard to be on plan all weekend. We are hosting a Mardi Gras dinner on Tuesday night - eeps! Serving jambalaya, shrimp etoufee and bread pudding. It's going to take a lot of strength to not over do it! So staying on plan over the weekend is imperative.

Have you all tried the Apple scone for breakfast? It's one of my new favorites. I put a bunch on my next order.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:30 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Friday

Hi Wish:

seems like jambalaya would not be too fattening? Isnt it just fish soup? And then if you have your fave nutrisystem dessert while everyone else is eating there bread pud you will be good to go--you could also serve a salad and that will also keep you occupied food wise.

I have heard good things about the apple scone--I plan to order some next time I order. Yum!

Sno
Old 02-01-2008, 05:42 PM   #123  
The Radiant One

Sno - jambalaya is more of a rice dish with sausage and either seafood or chicken. It's actually better for you than the etouffe, which has a butter based roux.
My plan is to eat a small portion of the jambalaya (measured cup), and a couple bites of bread pudding. Then send the rest home with people!
Old 02-02-2008, 06:06 AM   #124  

Hi Everyone,

Lost another 1.7 lbs. this week. I think one of my friends is now going to join NS.

Sno - Hope you are feeling better.

Lori - Those scones are great - just received a bunch of them with my new order.

Annie - Hang in there. I am sure things will start moving along. Did you call a counselor at NS, I think that may be really helpful.

Kisses - Welcome!

Hope everyone is having a great on-program week.

Things are rolling along here and I feel like I am really getting in to the swing of the whole program. Workouts have been daily and it feels great, although I think I am retaining a little water...i can deal with that.

Tonight I am going to an art auction - a fund raiser for the rescue group. They are having wine and cheese, desserts, etc. Gameplan is to eat before I get there and bring my dessert with me. I just dont feel like I am at the point where I can go off and be able to jump immediately back on the program. To be honest, at this point I feel good and want to keep it that way. I promised myself I would be 100% for the first two months and that is what I plan to do.

Not much else going on...I cant believe tomorrow is the Super Bowl.. I hate the end of Football season.

Have a great day everyone!

Sue
Old 02-02-2008, 09:00 AM   #125  
The Radiant One

Sue - congrats on the weight loss! Don't forget to send your friend a $30 coupon, then you will get one as well for your next order.
The art auction sounds fun! I love those type of auctions. Stay away from the wine for sure. Hopefully there will be some fruit or veggies for you to nibble on. Even if you eat ahead of time, it can be hard to stick to your plan once the dessert tray is staring you in the face LOL!
Bring a pack of sugar free mints, and pop one in your mouth when you get tempted.

Last edited by fiberlover; 02-02-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:33 PM   #126  

Hi all:

Well I finally figured out why I have been so hungry the last few days--medication side effect! I forgot this new medicine I have been taking has that effect. I had that stomach feels like the throat is cut feeling all the time--I'd eat and be hungry not cravings just hungry! Anyway, now that I know I can deal with it.

I wanted to tell you about this website that helps you calculate muscle and bodyfat percentage with using measurements which I plan to use to monitor my muscle gain and fat loss. This site uses several body measurements--some just use waist. I think this is more accurate therefore.

http://www.healthcentral.com/cholest...-2774-143.html

It put me at 32% fat and 68% muscle. I want to make that 25% fat and 75% muscle! I am not sure how long that takes so I am going to make a tentative goal of .5% a week and see how it goes. so my new goal for April one is to gain 4% muscle and lose 4% fat.

I still have the cold but I am going to try my walking in a bit and see how I do--I want to be in the swing darn it!! Maybe a lite walking and lite calisthenics workout.

I plan to have my hubby take my picture today and see if I have a nice after photo for the nutrisystem contest--I want that money!! We'll see how it contrasts with my before pictures.

Sue: you are wise--it really is better to just stay on the program as long as you can--I like Sue's idea of the mints--I used one of those intense mint gums when I cooked pie last year and it really worked to keep me from craving and sampling--mint ruins pretty much the taste of everything!

Lori: good plan for the Mardi Gras dinner--it really helps to have a plan I think!

Sno

Old 02-03-2008, 11:08 AM   #127  
atlchick819

S/C/G: 210/168/150

Height: 5'7

Hey Everybody!!! I just weighed myself this morning and I have lost again. Putting my total to 10 lbs!!! Woo Hoo! It was nice to change my weight in my profile.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:33 PM   #128  
The Radiant One

atlchick - that is so awesome!! Congrats!!
Old 02-04-2008, 08:50 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 200/200/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone!

I just joined 3FC yesterday and am weighing (no pun intended) all my options with which plan to get started on! I really appreciate this board and have read alot of the posts. It's great to see what an amazing job most of you have done with sticking to the plan! What an accomplishment! Congratulations!
Hopefully, I will have a plan picked in the next couple of days. I'm just so SCARED that I will pick the wrong plan and then feel guilty for spending so much $$! *sigh*
I'm ready to do this, I just feel a little out of sorts at the moment.
It seems that all the plans have their success stories and failures. I just want to make sure that whichever I pick will be the best bet for me!

Thanks for the inspiration!

~Sandy~

Last edited by SandysABigBootyMomma; 02-04-2008 at 08:51 AM.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:26 AM   #130  
The Radiant One

Sandy - there is nothing wrong with trying several plans to find what's right for you!
Old 02-04-2008, 09:40 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 200/200/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey Lori, I got your PM but couldn't respond because I haven't gotten enough posts under my belt! I have to have 10, and this will make 7.
I will answer you as soon as I get to 10!!

~Sandy~
Old 02-04-2008, 05:34 PM   #132  

Default MOnday

HI all!

Just got inside from doing my walk. According to my pedometer I am walking 2.5 miles per hour--does that seem slow to you all?

I just read in the paper that if you drink a glass of FF milk right after exercising you lose more weight and you build more muscle. I had yogurt right after exercising so I think I am cool.

I still have a cold it comes and goes. I am tired of it!

ATL: ten lbs is awesome. I love changing my ticker!!

Sandy: I was scared before I got the plan too. It was such a radical committment but it turned out to be exactly what I needed!! You will find that you actually save money on the plan because saving money on snacks and eating out etc. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:41 AM   #133  
atlchick819

S/C/G: 210/168/150

Height: 5'7

Interesting about the FF milk...I will have to give that a gander!
Old 02-05-2008, 09:04 AM   #134  
The Radiant One

Sno - a good brisk walk is 4 miles per hour. Sometimes pedometers can be off - I know mine can be LOL!
I would drive your walking route and find out how far it is, then see how long it takes you to walk it. This way you can actually set a goal to make it to point x in a certain amount of time.

I wear my pedometer all the time. What is annoying is when I do my Firm workouts - 45 minutes and the ped barely moves 1000 steps.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:58 PM   #135  
oakgiraffes

S/C/G: 250/181/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Walking

Sno,

I walk a 15 minute mile. Thus my 7 miles in an hour and 45 minutes. Which is 4 miles per hour.

So yes, 2.5 miles per hour is slow. At a four mile per hour rate, you burn about 400 calories.

Annie
Closed Thread